Nike Air Max - Air Sneakerssoles falling apart

i have several nike sneakers bought over 12years ago kept and never worn til today after a few hours of wearing the shoe they start to fall apart. i went through 2 pairs in two days. i've had other sneakers that lasted over 20years ! this is the first experience i've had in any shoe that just fell apart. Nike has very poor products! and Nike will not do anything to satisfy their customers. how does one know that a shoe has a warranty if defective for 2 years since manufactured date? back in the 90's not everyone had internet service .if i had known this would happen i would not have purchased it or i would have worn them . i would never recommend Nike to anyone. STAY AWAY FROM NIKE

• Be
    Beverly Canady Sep 14, 2009

I bought my daughter a pair of Nike to start school in September. She wore them one time to the fair. the sole fell off nearly causing her to trip. She thought I would be upset so she did not tell me right away. When she did I nearly cried. I am a single mother and cannot return these to the store. I did go to the merchant and got nowhere. They wanted to tell me that I must have washed them. NOT SO !!! The sole does not even fit the shoe and has no glue what so ever. This is unacceptable. Please help me to return or let me know where I can have the warranty honored. You can contact me via email, phone or mail. PLEASE HELP ( Paris Shoe Show. Paris, Tn. 38242)

Beverly Canady
    1633 Copper Springs Rd.
    Springville Tenn. 38256
    [protected]
    [email protected]

I can send pictures...

If I get no response I will NEVER purchase another Nike product. I have been a life time loyal customer.

• Al
    Albert Gazeley Aug 24, 2010

I had the same problem this morning - 25th August 2010.

The shoes were bought more than a year ago, but they have only been worn about 4 times and the soles are like new. . They suddenly began to come apart whilst running in the gym. . they have only been used in the gym and have never been used on the road.

Albert Gazeley
    The Waterfront
    Hong Kong

[email protected]

• Cl
    Cliff Jackson Sep 16, 2010

Same problem. I had not worn my shoes in about a year, put them on today, and nearly stumbled when the soles of both shoes detached. I was merely walking in order to pick up trash on the road, not jogging as I usually do, or I would most likely have taken a tumble. This is not only a defective product issue, but also it is a safety concern. Somebody is gonna get badly hurt (or killed) if they have not already from these shoddy shoes.

NEVER will I buy Nike again!!!

• Kr
    Kruzoff Mar 25, 2012

I bought my first pair of Nike Airs in 1993. It was a good shoe, lasted quite awhile.
    I bought a pair of Nike Air Max shoes about a year ago. Haven, t worn them much, just mostly around the house. Anyway, same problem, the damn soles started falling off. The leathers and sole are in great condition except they are no longer joined! WTF!
    I expect that kind of crap quality from wal-mart's $14.00 shoes but these Nikes were well over $100. Nikes' website doesn't provide a means to report this. So, no more
    Nikes' for me or anyone in my family.

• Je
    Jelousy519 Feb 27, 2013

I have a nice pair of nike air max, they are very comfortable except for my left sneaker some how the air is very low, so it feels weard to walk. What should i do. Did i waste my money, or do i just give them away

• Il
    iloveturtles143 Feb 06, 2014

Soooo, there isn't anything Nike will do about this unless it's a recent purchase?

• Mi
    michael elmoor May 29, 2014

i just took a pair of air maxs i bought in 06 out of the closet to start wearing. I had only worn them about a dozen times back then because i wanted to keep them in mint condition. So the othr day I wipe them off and i notice that the soles are coming apart where the bottom most part is glued to the air bubble part.

I can understand that glue will break down after some time but then I can also understand that there ARE glues that dont. I understand that there are even ultrasonic methods of bonding plastics which i figure a company like NIKE would use.

I would simply like another pair of airmax sneakers. anyone who can assist please email [email protected] and i thank you.