New York Times Home Deliveryhome delivery is terrible

D

I live in Berkeley, CA. Since the NY Times subcontracted out its home delivery, the paper comes late constantly, and often it isn't delivered at all. It used to come before 6. Now it's 7:30 to 8:00, and often not at all. When you call the call center, if you just use the prompts nothing changes or is resolved. If you try really hard you can get a person, but they just promise they'll notify the district manager, and nothing happens. When you ask, they say they'll have the manager call. He or she never does. I must have called dozens of times. This is the worst delivery service I've ever seen. I want the paper delivered on time, and to get what I'm paying for. NY Times home delivery is a ripoff.

• Re
    Reve Jun 14, 2018

I live in Nassau County, NY. I am a lifelong weekly subscriber to the N Y Times. Called "The Old Gray Lady" is apropos. She can't seem to get up in the morning and get herself delivered to her loyal customers! Seriously, delivery of the NY Times has steadily declined in recent years. The myriad reasons why(other papers published at site, weather, car breakdowns, yada, yada) just don't make up for nondelivery. Getting today's news the following day is not the answer! If the NY Times wishes to be completely digital, say so! If not, enlist the proper women and men to see that the paper is delivered on time. We customers see no evidence of remuneration for our inconvenience ever! Do we have to resort to competitor's(inferior) papers? At least they arrive on time!
    Kindly advise,