Natural CuresScam billing

I watched an infocomercial and ordered two books from Kevin Trudeau Natural Cures and subscribed to their monthly newsletter. I was to receive the newsletter on a monthly basis. The books came but the newsletter never showed. After the second billing I called and talked to their IT service team who walked me through a couple steps. The next month - no newsletter.

I have called four months in a row to Natural Cures customer service department and left three messages on their answering machine. Each time I left two phone numbers where I could be reached as well as all other information they would need in order to cancel my subscription. I have talked to one customer service representative who took down all my information as well but the debits from my checking account still occur monthly but I have yet to receive one newsletter.

I have emailed the company three times to cancel my agreement. The phone message from Natural Cures and their company website both state you can cancel by email but they continue to take the monthly fee out of my account, no newsletter is sent and I am stuck dealing with this rip off company month after month.

I don't even want my money back for all the months of no newsletters. I just want Natural Cures to stop taking money out of my checking account.I am fed up dealing with this company, they have no ethics or morals.

The stress that I feel over this whole issue is off the charts and they are supposed to be so concerned over my health. The only thing Kevin Trudeau is concerned over is the money flowing into his pockets. Buyers Beware!!!

• Az
    a.ziegler Oct 02, 2007

Upon ordering the weight loss cure book i said no i did not want a free mo. to his news letter. When i got my bank statement i found i was charged 9.95 for the on line deal anyhow. I was furious after many attempts i got in touch with a voice instead of automated and was told it would take a mo. to add this back to my account. This was totally unauthorized us of my credit card and its been a mo. and i still have not seen my money!

Beware people!

Janice Kirby Oct 04, 2007

Sending newsletter each month and charging $5.95 which was not authorized. I was told the newsletter was free! OMG!

Beware people!

• Ki
    Kimberly R Coates Oct 16, 2007

I have tried several times to reach them so I could return my product, was on hold every time fro quite some time, once for over 45 minutes finally had to hang up. I am sure I will have to eat the $59.00+. Very disappointed!

• Di
    Dianna Scarboro Oct 23, 2007

I call and cancelled my account three months ago and they are still debiting my bank account. I have saved all my e-mails that were sent to their company regarding cancellation.

• Me
    MELVIN N GAMBLE Nov 23, 2007

I cancelled my account in august and they have taken money from my bank account in the months of september october and november. I have e-mailed them in each of those months but they have not yet responded.

• Valerie Mar 12, 2008

My husband ordered the Natural Cures book with our debit card on or about 7/17/07, which was to include two other books. Then the bank statement came in with a $9.95 charge for membership to some Web site and continued to come in 8/20/07 9.95, 9/17/07 9.95, 10/22/07 9.95, 11/13/07 9.95, 12/17/07 9.95, 01/04/08 9.95. I also have been charged for February, but I do not have the exact date. I emailed them in late September to please cancel any subscription to their newsletter and to stop taking the 9.95 out of my bank account. The newsletters stopped and I didn't even bother checking my statement. On March 3, 2008 I received another newsletter. Interestingly enough, this newsletter is dated October 2007, yet I am still being charged for a 'monthly' newsletter.

I have email them repeatedly this week-no response. Finally, I sent them one email with their email address repeated about 20 times each in the to, cc, and bcc. I tried faxing to them-no response. So I faxed them their newsletter repeatedly. I calculate about 40 pages. The only phone number I could find on the internet was disconnected.

I finally got a response 'At this time your account is canceled. However at this time no refunds are due unless you can provide proof you wanted the subscription canceled before 3/3/08. The subscription was clearly stated on the infomercial that all book order came with a free 30 day trial and if not interested to call and cancel. Thank you'.

I am concerned for other people being cheated by these people.

• Le
    leonette thornton Jul 11, 2008

I am being charged 9.95 every month for something, I don`t even know what, by natural cures. I can`t get a hold of them and the credit card can`t do anything either. This is robbery.

• Co
    Coteek Jul 11, 2008

Open another credit card with another company and cancel the one you're being billed on. It's a pain in you know what, but when it comes to a monthly billing credit cards don't want to get involved. I had a similar problem for over a year.

• Lo
    Lois Sep 17, 2008

This place is a total scam and very unprofessional! After I purchased the book the telephone agent tried to get me to buy a lot of unrelated stuff.

When I simply told him I was not interested, he said "What do you mean you're not interested?" I said, "I only want to buy the book." He said again, "What do you mean?" I told him that I've been a very successful professional salesperson for 25 years, and I would never treat a customer the way he was treating me.

I asked to speak to his supervisor, and he said his supervisor was conveniently "in training" He kept egging me on, laughing at me, saying "You didn't let me tell you about all the offers" and so forth until I ended up cussing and hanging up the phone.

This place has NO CLASS. Do not call them -- you will get no respect. Based on the telephone agents at this organization, the whole information in the book is probably trash as well. If the information in the book was for real, why would they be using it to sell a bunch of unrelated stuff in a slick scam style?

These phone agents are trained to be unethical, rude, no class losers who give a bad name to salespeople.

• Na
    Nataly Dec 06, 2008

I ordered the Natural Cures book by Kevin Trudeau off of an infomercial on 9/18/2007. I received the book which I paid for on my Bank of America Card. However, I did not order the Natural Cures Newletter for which I keep getting charged $9.95 a month. I have tried to cancel the subscription several times by calling ITV Direct's customer service number, [protected]. Nobody ever answers the number. I left messages, as instructed, for a call back. Nobody ever calls back.

These people a THIEF'S... they do not allow you to cancel no matter how hard you try. Bank of America has worked with me to credit the most recent charges, however, I must call them every month to get the credit while Natural Cures continues to charge the account.

I will continue to try to get this resolved but the public is being scammed by this devious company. I will advise of any satisfactory resolution I may get.

• Ka
    kay Jul 08, 2009

its too bad that that isn't the customer service number for their customer service...and the reps told you about the website, but obviously you weren't listening...and that is your fault

• Nb
    nbraun Aug 25, 2009

My complaint reads like all the others---unauthorized $9.95 on my American
    Express after I ordered books (separately charged) and the company decided
    to sign me up? for some newsletter.
    I didn't notice this immediately, but eventually did, and went to the website
    and "cancelled" the newsletter I'd never subscribed to in the first place.
    I received an email from the company confirming cancellation, but Natural
    Cures continued to charge me.
    I also called Natural Cures and cancelled by phone, but they would not refund my money.
    I also notified AMEX, and Natural Cures told them lies that I had authorized
    the withdrawals. So I had to initiate a second complaint against them today.
    Today I also faxed a copy of the email from Natural Cures to AMEX (showing
    I'd cancelled) and I hope this is the end of the charges.
    NATURAL CURES IS SOME BIG SCAM--DO NOT PURCHASE ANY OF
    TRUDEAU'S BOOKS.

Madalena Snook Feb 16, 2011

I was charged $9.95 a month for a total of $348.25 I was told by the company that they tried to credit my credit card and that my credit card declined this. Whoever heard such nonsence, I have tried to contact Ann Wilson which told me that she would make sure and let me know what was going on with my case well big surprise I never heard from her again and all I get is her voice mail. These people are nothing but a bunch of THIEVES!! and should not be able to do this

• Valerie Aug 04, 2016

On Nov. 25, 2006, I purchased on line from Natural Cures the following products.

Natural Cures on CD, $39.95
    How I Quit Smoking - A Special Report, $25.00

It was paid with a credit card.

On Dec. 11, 2006 I inquired about the order, no response.

On Dec 14, 2006 I again inquired about the order, no response.

On Jan 3, 2007 I inquired for the third time, with no response with in one day.

On Jan 4, 2007 I filed this complaint of a Rip Off.

• Ke
    Kesete Yohannes Aug 04, 2016

The scam by the name Kevin Trudea who advocate about they do not want you to know about natural cures is charging me to natural cures news letter every time. I tried to contact him to no avail.This scam "Doctor" really mean is they do not want you to know that I am big Liar scam ever. The government has to act now before he rip off every work hard man and women.

• Ti
    TISHA SMITH Aug 04, 2016

I'm going through the same thing and have been trying to reach them for the passed 3 months. I cancelled 2 months ago because I'd been incurring extra banking fees. Again this month I cancelled 10/12/07 and am still incurring the same problem. The fees were removed from my bank account 10/17/07. I can't even reach a person the will handle it. If this doesn't stop I may have to seek legal council.

• Il
    Ilya Aug 04, 2016

Here is the number to cancel [protected], It's automated so I don't know if its worked yet but try it.

• Ta
    Tami Aug 04, 2016

I ordered the natural remedy books, and I am trying to cancel any monthly charges to my account. Unfortunately I can't get a hold of anyone on the phone, it keeps disconnecting me.

• Na
    natalina allen Aug 04, 2016

I ordered the Natural Cures book and never asked for anything else. I have been charged for a newsletter from Natural Cures in the amount of $5.95 a month for the past 2 years. This is a scam and I am doing everything in my power to get this problem solved and to let people know what a corrupt company Natural Cures is.

• Cy
    CY Aug 04, 2016

If you are victim, DO THIS NOW!
    1. Firstly you need to present proof to your bank, show them that you have contact Kevin Trudeau's company and try to cancel the charges. Then, inform your bank to reverse those charges.

2. Cancel your credit card. Get a new card from ANOTHER bank.

In fact, I was a victim too, but I was able to get back my money. I have put together a short report detailing the whole process that is guarantee to get your money, you can read it here:

anyone who needs help can contact me chiayee.lai[@]gmail.com

MARY L. ROBINSON Aug 04, 2016

I HAVE TRIED ON SEVERAL OCCASSIONS TO CANCEL MY SUBCRIPTION FOR AS FAR AS 3MONTHS AGO, WHEN YOU CALL NATURAL CURES THEY ASK YOU IF YOU WANT TO CANCEL YOUR SUBSCRIPTION, TO HIT THE NUMBER 9. I HAVE DONE THIS SEVERAL TIMES, AND MY ACCOUNT IS STILL BEING DEBITED FOR THE 9.95 AND IT SHOULD HAVE STOPPED. SO WHO IT MAY CONCERN PLEASE STOP TAKING MY MONEY ASAP". MY NAME IS MARY L. ROBINSON, YOU CAN RESPOND TO MY EMAIL.

• Pa
    Patricia Hartmann Aug 04, 2016

Sent for the book "Weight Loss Cure" received and every month they charge my credit card $9.95 for a web newsletter that I cannot access (it needs a customer #, but I see NO place where this is).

• Ba
    Basha Aug 04, 2016

MY MOTHER ORDERED 1 SET AND I ORDERED 3 BOOKS FROM THEM, THEY ASKED IF I WANTED A FREE TRIAL WEB SUBSCRIPTION OF WHICH I SAID CLEARLY - - - NO - - - -THEY IGNORED IT, I NEVER GOT ANY EMAILS ABOUT IT OR INFO IN THE MAIL AND FORGOT ABOUT IT. AFTER 30 DAYS THEY STARTED BILLING ME FOR THE SUBSCRIPTION. THEY TELL ME THEY WILL CANCELL MY SUBSCRIPTION AND WILL REFUND 1 MONTH ONLY OUT OF THE 6 MONTHS THEY BILLED ME FOR. PLEASE BE WARNED!!! THE OFFICE TOLD ME I HAD A 30 DAY TRIAL WELL BY THE TIME I GOT IT I WAS IN AND OUT OF THE HOSPITAL WITH MOM UNTIL AUG.. BUT REMEMBER KEVIN HAS NO ROOM FRO ANYONES LIFE ONLY HIS OWN. I WAS GIVEN 1 MONTH REFUNDING MARCH 08. TODAY I TELL THEM AGAIN THAT I NEVER RECEIVED THE EXTRA FREE STUFF THE CD AND THE CREDIT REPAIR PAGES. WELL TODAY THE COSTUMER SERVICE GIRL ARGUEED WITH ME THAT I HAVE WAITED TO LONG AND SO MY MOTHERS ORDER OF 1 SET IS NOT COMPLETE AND I DONT HAVE MY COMPLETE SET...BEFORE YOU ORDER THE BOOKD JUST DONT GO TO EBAY OR YARD SALES I HAVE SEEN PLENTY OF THEM. I GUESS KEVIN IS TO HARD UP TO GIVE THE PEOPLE HES USING TO GET RICH A BREAK. WHAT MAKES HIM ANY DIFFERENT THEN THOSE HE TALKS ABOUT????? WRITTEN FROM AN ANGRY OUT OF WORK 50’S X WORKING MOM TAKING CARE OF MY 82 YEAR OLD MOM. HOPE HE ENJOYS HIS RICHES.

• Au
    August Miller Aug 04, 2016

To whom it concerns,
    We ordered Kevin Traudeau's book in January of 08 and paid $69.75 that was on our credit card.
    Every month since then we have had a $9.95 charge on our credit card from Natural Cures.
    We are wondering what this charge is for.
    Thank you for your attention in this matter.
    Mrs. August Miller

• De
    Denise Aug 04, 2016

I ORDERED 3 BOOKS FROM THEM, THEY ASKED IF I WANTED A FREE TRIAL WEB SUBSCRIPTION OF WHICH I SAID CLEARLY - - - NO - - - -THEY IGNORED IT, I NEVER GOT ANY EMAILS ABOUT IT OR INFO IN THE MAIL AND FORGOT ABOUT IT. AFTER 30 DAYS THEY STARTED BILLING ME FOR THE SUBSCRIPTION. THEY TELL ME THEY WILL CANCELL MY SUBSCRIPTION AND WILL REFUND 1 MONTH ONLY OUT OF THE 6 MONTHS THEY BILLED ME FOR. - - - BE WARNED- - - -

• Hh
    H. Howard Witmer Aug 04, 2016

We are being charged $5.95 monthly on our credit card, for many months. we are receiving no products or newslwtters. We have tried, many times, to call the 800 number listed on our credit card bill with no success

Josephine Odom Aug 04, 2016

I did not authorize this company to automatically draft my account each month and they have continued to draft after requesting that they stop the drafts and return my money. I requested a stop of the drafts with mu bank also and somehow they were still able to draft my account with Suntrust bank. This has been going on for over a year.

• Da
    David Aug 04, 2016

Never received newsletter, 3 times, account was charged by Natural cures 3 times. Natural Cures won't cancel subscription or membership via their website cancel subscription email address. They won't answer the phone.

• Ki
    Kim V. Aug 04, 2016

I ordered Kevin Trudeau's book "Weight Loss Secrets" when I saw it on a commercial and received a 30 day free membership to Natural Cures and a newsletter subscription. I didn't receive the newsletter and decided to cancel the membership. Unfortunately it wasn't within the 30 day period so my bank card was charged $9.95. I called customer service, was on hold for 30 minutes and didn't speak to a customer service rep. I called again later that day and was put on hold. I accessed their website and followed the instructions for cancelling membership. I received a message that the account has been cancelled and to call customer service to complete the cancellation. Again, I called customer service and was put on hold. I then received an automated email from Natural Cures that acknowledged my message had been received, assigned a ticket number and stated that this issue will be assigned to a customer support specialist soon. Approximately two weeks later I sent another email stating that I hadn't received a phone call or a confirming email that my membership and subscription had been cancelled. No response from the company. Two weeks later my bank card was billed again, twice in one month! Once again I emailed them informing them I was going to notify my bank to not allow any further charges and that I was going to report them to the BBB. No response from the company. At that time I notified my bank that I wanted to dispute this charge. I also called the number the bank gave me for this merchant (ITV Direct) and got an automated voicemail that "the telephone system is being modified and to contact the person I'm trying to reach by email or cell phone". I called the bank back and had to cancel my bank card and have a new card issued. I have also reported this company to the BBB. This company has an unsatisfactory record with the BBB. They have had 738 complaints in the last 36 months and the Federal Trade Commission won a preliminary injunction against the company for alleged deceptive advertising. The FTC alleged the company made numerous false and unsubstantiated claims and that they likely made unauthorized charges to consumers credit cards.

• Me
    melisa ann brinker Aug 04, 2016

I bought one of the books, and thought I would like to get on the web site, so I went for the 30 day "free trial". I received an e-mail of the temporary password, and tried for 3 days to log on. After several e-mails to them, and waiting for a response, I decided to cancel the free trial, and did not want to pay the 9.95/month membership fee because I formed a negative "vibe" from the lack of assistance when I encountered problems. Well, I have had a charge of 9.95 each month on my credit card, for 3 months now, and cannot get through to anyone on the different 1-800 numbers they give you, so I'm in a pickle about the next step...

Sure wish every web site had to be like ebay: You get rated by each and every customer, and it is all published for the eye to see. If I had known that there were so many people out there having the same problem as I am, I never would have gotten involved in the first place!!