National Reply CenterUnsolicited Mail

A Review updated:

I continually receive a postcard from the National Reply Center, P. O. Box 46715, Greensboro, NC [protected], with regard to "Senior Final Expense Information, " telling me it is my "legal right as a United States taxpayer to receive all the information available" to help pay for my final expenses. They offer benefits of $2, 000, $5, 000, $10, 000 and $15, 000. Requesting that they not mail to me has produced no results. I understand that they have been asked not to do this, but apparently it, too, has produced no results.

• Hu
    Humphry1 Aug 03, 2013

I received one of these today, and it's a scam. If you receive one do not send it back with any info. about you, your spouse, children, or pets.

• Me
    MelanieR84 Oct 08, 2019

@Humphry1 It’s not a scam. It’s a life ins agent who is there to tell you what your options are. This is a false and incorrect message

• Em
    emdw Oct 15, 2019

@MelanieR84 If it's not a scam, then why can't they be honest and tell you up front, ON THE CARD, who they are, what they are, the name of the insurance company and what kind of insurance they are selling? Why do they talk about how you can "qualify" for a "benefit"? That makes it sound like a government program, which it is not. The wording is very, very deceptive. Sleazy. Shred the card or use it to light a fire. Don't waste your time on it.

• Ca
    CarolCarp Jun 30, 2014

I received something from them today and was looking around to see if I could find anything about them, and I'm glad I did. What I received is a Request Form #T65 Handy Guide to Medicare for people who are 64 and want a "handy guide". Something told me this might not be legit, and it looks as though it's not. So glad I checked it out first! (Attaching a photo of what I received.)

Comments

• Be
    bertlasagna Oct 10, 2014

Received one today 10/10/2014 and know it is just a scam to get information to sell to insurance companies. The 'Come-On' is 'How to Qualify for 100% of all Funeral Expense up to $35, 000.00 tax free for North Carolina residents. Of course they want your name, home address, phone number and age, plus spouse's name and age. There are so many SCAMS from THIEVES that LIE in order to make money from one's personal information. I suggest to anyone that receives this type of card or mail, PUT IT IN THE TRASH after you tear it into many pieces. It is difficult enough for many seniors just to get by. ### Alert! Mailing address with 'National Reply Center PO Box 46715, Greensboro, NC [protected]. DON'T SEND IT BACK!!!

• Re
    Reviewer93274 Feb 17, 2016

Don't send this crap to me again ! Will be donating my body to university for medical training. Also my wife will be doing the same.

Recd card by mail on 2/17/16

• Lo
    Lori Blanchong Feb 23, 2017

Looks like nothing has been done about this unscrupulous company. I just received one and see the first comment was back in 2013. I look at mail but never send back. I look online at the site. Whomever this "company" is, they don't care about our comments though. What bothers me the most though is saying age "50" is a Senior Citizen! LOL. Seriously though. I'm so sick of a labeling Senior Citizen with a "number". I know a 69 year old that is more energetic, in better physical shape, good looking (and other things I won't divulge) than most 30 year olds! Very insulting and degrading. I hate numbers but to me, if there has to be a number I see middle age as 50's 60's, Senior citizens at 70's and Elderly over 80. Hell, women having babies at 49 years old like Janet Jackson? Does she look like a senior citizen to anyone else????

• Ed
    Edteam May 05, 2017

Seems if you don't provide any information on the card and just send it back, they will have to pay postage. If everybody did that, then every card they send out will cost them money and they will not get any additional information. You are neither confirming or denying that their information is correct and they already have that info, else they couldn't be sending you the card.

• Bi
    Bill Runyan Nov 09, 2018

@Edteam Excellent Idea.Scratch off all bar codes and give phone address and name!Plus it will help post office.Trash mail is what keeps them in business!

Marilyn Chadwick Dec 13, 2018

@Bill Runyan "give phone address and name"???? why would we do that??!

• De
    denniso54 Jul 28, 2017

I received one of these today. And it didn't look right so I checked it out and I'm so glad I did. When it has on the card " return this postpaid card within 5 days and receive a free McDonald's gift card" you kinda know that something is up. I think I will scrape out all my personal information on the card and mail it back anyway. That way they will be charged for the postage. They're not charged posted on cards like this until it has been mailed...

• Ky
    Ky-Lee Starks Nov 02, 2017

So I received a card for a 35, 000 gift card to Walgreens if i mailed it in. Yet some man came to my door while my grandchildren were out side and poked his head in our door! I hadn't even mailed it in so how did he get a copy of the card with my handwriting?! I'm so angry and freaked out, this needs to end!

• Pi
    pissedoffdaughter Nov 12, 2018

January 14, 2017
    Mailing to:
    William Childs
    223 Hazelwood Avenue
    Anderson SC 29626

Mr. William Childs passed away in July 1, 1991.
    We want these mailings to him to stop. The way mail is being stolen this only feeds those who steal mail. No need to keep on using his name when he is no longer living.

• Re
    Renee Greene Jan 10, 2019

I received one today, and decided to research the company. So glad that I did. I've read all of the above comments, and it's a shame that this company is still in business. Hopefully others will take the time to do some research before deciding to return the card.

• De
    DeniseND Jan 18, 2019

I received one yesterday. I started looking up to see exactly what/who they are and I found this. I figured it was probably a scam.

• Bl
    BlueRidgeProgOutpost Feb 13, 2019

I think it's fraud. But since it appears it's been going on for years no one is doing anything about it.

• Ru
    Ruth Morrisson Dec 18, 2019

@BlueRidgeProgOutpost It could be because nobody actually complained to the right people. And the "right" people would be the consumer affairs dept. for the Attorney-General from which the letter came. In our case it was for "Pennsylvania Citizens Only" but came from North Carolina. And so I have been filling out an online form on the NC AG's website...

• La
    Lady dmoe Apr 02, 2019

2019 Benefit Information For Georgia Citizens Only -This benefits is a program that pays for final funeral expenses 100% up to $35, 000, and it is TAX-FREE.Return this card, and receive a Free Walmart Gift Card, and did not get at all.

• Le
    leggypeggyd Aug 05, 2019

@Lady dmoe I received the exact same card today with the exception of "For Missouri Residents Only". So what does every state have exactly the same program? I think not!! Total scam! If it seems to good to be true...

• Bi
    Bill Doe Apr 27, 2019

I suggest to anyone who receives these types of mailings in the future to fill out the card with bogus information and mail it back, you know, something like John or Jane Doe 111 Main Street Anytown USA [protected]. These types of companies send this info to insurance companies and they probably get a small fee for every name submitted to them. Seeing as money seems to be the main focus to them, having to pay postage for potentially thousands and thousands of cards with bogus information might make them think twice about their endeavor.

• Ru
    Ruth Morrisson Dec 18, 2019

I have a better idea. I'm filing a complaint with the North Carolina Attorney-General (the card we're supposed to mail back to get a McDonald's (!) gift card has a Greensboro, NC Post Office Box #, and the envelope was mailed from Greensboro as well (with yet a DIFFERENT zip code!) And then, because I couldn't find any info about National Reply Center other than complaints (and a phone number on the BBB's website -- who give them an F rating and say that NRC *isn't* accredited), I dug the envelope out of the trash and looked up the return address on THAT (no name there, BTW, except for "McDonald's®", which was prominently listed). That address traces back to a direct mail company in Thomasville, NC, which [convienently] shares a building with a LIFE INSURANCE company. So all THREE are getting "tar" heeled -- see what I did there? ;-) -- with the same brush: all three are being ratted out as being possible co-conspirators in the scam to the NC AG's consumer affairs people (ain't I a stinker?). Because the BBB will give A ratings to businesses that pay their dues. But a state attorney-general's consumer affairs division? That is a [censored] list that companies do NOT want to be on. I reported a company to the PA AG's people a few years ago for violating the PA DNC list (stupid time share company stringing me along about winning a trip to the point I said "Stop calling me" only then they called AGAIN. And a couple of years later I got a notice saying I had to pick up some mail at the post office. It was from the PA AG, and I'm thinking "Did we screw up on underpaying our state taxes?" Nope. It was a check from them -- $100 REWARD because the timeshare company was SUCCESSFULLY PROSECUTED based on my complaint! :-). So, once I scan in the envelope and the card (with the address and bar code inked over and "VOID" written everywhere else), the card is going back in the mail... So they can pay the postage again (and I'll be watching like a hawk for any more of this BS -- because if we get any more, they'll get sent back as "REFUSED -- RETURN TO SENDER" and they'll have to STILL pay the postage again...).

• Pa
    pamm t will Feb 03, 2020

I keep getting these post cards in the mail, I di NOT sign up for them nor have I had any bussiness association with them. I am on the DO NOT MAIL LIST's for the government of the USA

• Na
    Nameless Citizen Aug 06, 2020

I've seen cards like this before. They are sent out by companies that gather lead data to sell to various businesses and industries that want to buy leads. In the case of the one mentioned here on this page it's most likely the company is gathering lead data to sell to life insurance agents.

• My
    MyCountry Aug 12, 2020

We are now in the middle of COVID-19 and the mailings continue

If what you received is the same as what I received about two weeks ago, there is small print below the large print offer, just above the return post card, which reflects the following:

"All Benefits are not available is all States. Not affiliated with any government agency. You may be contacted by a insurance licensed representative".

Resolution: Contact your state's Insurance Commissioner and object to this type of solicitation. Since it is targeting seniors, many of whom are targets for abuse, it could be considered as being a high potential for elder abuse.