Complaints & Reviews

they didn't reply within 6 months already

The company www.merchantcircle.com lease domains for monthly fees and I have used their services. I paid them every month, but when I really needed their help, their customer services kept silence and avoided all communication with me. I was so upset. But they kept silence within 6 months already and I wasted all hopes to get anything from this company.

Stay away from these guys

I would just like to state my opinion on the case workers for the program called..."smoc"...first of all the workers here are drinking and on drugs, not all of them but certain ones that i have come in contact with..they harass and threaten their clients with ficticious storys about what they have seen and what they hear clearly it is a bunch of crap...they do not try to help anyone with the resources that the government has given to this program to help people..they want you to find an apartment but when you ask for the goverment grant to do so there is nothing to help you do this or they will not let you do it...!!! alot of their clients do not know anything about the law so they cant pursue this issue because they are scared that it will come back on them making them live on the streets...i myself am not a client but have a friend in this program that is scared to death to speak on it, , , they have threatened her with being in "non-compliance" and pretty much saying that she will be kicked out of the program...they may as well put these people in a jail cell because that is the way the program is run..there are rules that the kids cant even play together or have their toys aloud at the shelters which leave children to doing nothing all day..amoung many other things...i am looking into a way to deal with this problem legally but i do believe that all their workers should take a mandatory drug test with random drug tests to follow...so if you are in the program watch out and try not to "sneeze' or you will be in "non-compliance" of the rules and put out on the street.

• Ku
    Kuzdone Nov 24, 2010

This website is strictly a scammer, and please don't sign up, because if you do you will start to love it, but will end up regretting you ever signed up.

• Mc
    MC Critic Nov 25, 2010

Ben Smith CEO of Merchant Circle is a mealy-mouthed fraudster

• Pe
    peoplelostmoney Oct 14, 2012

We tried to post the negative reviews for the landscaping company that cheated us of a lot of money and could not. The reason we choose this landscaping company was that it only had positive reviews. It is 100% fraud! MerchantCircle.com should be responsible for the information they display.

• Me
    MerchantCircleJerk Oct 15, 2012

MerchantCircle allows its members to screen an remove bad reviews, unlike other review sites like Yelp.

Doomen Nov 22, 2012

They will NOT allow you to rate negative reviews for local businesses. That makes their review system rigged and irrelevant. Just... wrong.

Resolved Copyright infringement

We have tried to file a DMCA takedown notice with MerchantCircle.com by emailing three different contact addresses, one of which is listed in their forum as the DMCA agent for this business, and the other two of which have links from their privacy and terms of use pages. All of the emails have bounced, and the "report" we filed through their abuse button on the infringing page has gotten no response. This is clearly an unethical business trying to avoid having to comply with federal law.

• Pa
    Patrick Collins Jan 18, 2012

Hi there!

The best thing to do to have copyrighted material removed is to send your takedown notice to the physical address:
    MerchantCircle c/o Community Team
    800 W. El Camino Real #330
    Mountain View, CA

I hope this helps!

Total scam

Until you purchase the Verification BADGE, there will be a link on your page that says "Is This Business VERIFIED?" It's there to make potential customers question you're legitimacy. MerchantCircle will gladly remove it, and replace it with a shiny "VERIFIED" badge that gives your potential customers the illusion that you've actually been verified. To show how shady this verification process is I'll bet anyone $1000.00 that my son's Koolaid stand could register a page on MerchantCircle, and be verified in a matter of minutes. ANYONE can pay MerchantCircle and be instantly "VERIFIED", or MerchantCircle offers free verification, however with this process, the merchant is required to complete the Verification process by supplying the required documents. In addition, MerchantCircle also requires verification with a major credit agency to complete this process. Your card will NOT be charged ;) ;) It seems MC makes the FREE option a lot more tedious.

Stay away

Businesses at MerchantCircle can and will remove any negative comments or reviews at this website. This is very unfair to the consumer who is not able to read the negative reviews that the businesses do not what consumers to read. Try writing a negative review at their website: merchantcircle.com, it will be eliminated within days by the business it was written about. Try to call their 800 number from their website: merchantcircle.com. [protected]. It always says this business is temporary closed or want to charge you $34.95 to talk to them. Consumers need to stand up to these so call consumer advocate websites otherwise we the consumer will get taken and scammed into thinking these businesses have only wonderful reviews and do business with them. Stay away from MerchantCircle.

Fraud Consumer Website

Resolved Unable to Cancel rediculous account

I have been trying for 4 weeks to cancel my account through Merchant Circle. Merchant Circle I have found to be a not only not worth the money for the service. But it is easy access for your competitors to leave fake reviews and give you bad ratings as well. It is not for me and I have tried numerous times to cancel my ad yet nobody has gotten back to me nor canceled the ad. They charge $35 to call and talk to them in person! What kind of business does that?!? Do not sign up for Merchant circle unless you are the only business of your kind in the area and don't plan on ever wanting to stop advertising through them!

• Wo
    woodstock Mar 06, 2009

I'm sorry for you and want you to know I have the same problem.
    Every time I get the FREE listing using my business name removed within 90 days it is back up again.
    Get a trademark on your business name that is what I have done. I'll be sending a request to cease and desist this time.
    Also create a file of all email they send to you.
    Another thing you can do is edit your page to convey that MC does not have permission to post the ad and that you are not associated with them in any form or fashion or responsible for the ads they run on the page. That may or may not get MC's attention.
    After all if a client that knows you are a reputable business sees an ad at your MC page they may think that the advertiser is reputable too and that may not be the case which could in fact tarnish your reputation.
    IMO:
    Merchant Circle is naughty and they do not have the best interest of local small businesses in their sight but they are eyeing the wallets of small businesses.

• I'm going through the same issue, now they claim I broke their policy agreement after they so called verified our business and took a payment fee and credit card number belonging to the business without our approval to withdraw future payments. To top it off merchantcicle will not allow us to login to our account. They fail to respond to any of our request. It seems they have taken over our account to which we will have to cancel our business credit card account. Something should be done about this scam website. Breakthrough Library Partners DBA Level 3 Communications.

• Merchants should get together and try to lodge a class action against them to put them out of business for good, but we must get those businesses who have been injured by them financially to petition the federal court for a major lawsuit to payback damages and punitive awards by the court. Carol Hays, Breakthrough Library Partners, LP

• Su
    SusanInSFL Jun 07, 2011

RUN from Merchant Circle, people!!! They are NOT your friend, nor a friend of your business. They're a huge time-waster and just try to get something handled properly. No phone number, email is virtually impossible to find, and when you do find it, they don't read it and send 'canned responses'. My issue? It's done nothing for me but waste my time, and now I'm having a hard time removing my company totally from their site. I get 'deal requests' from idiots who are asking for products and services we don't even offer. We're already the lowest priced and highest service in the market. TIME WASTER. I also get link requests from businesses that are not relevant to ours. TIME WASTER. I get notifications that I've gotten glowing reviews but can never find or view the review, and can't find who left it just in case I want to thank them. TIME WASTER. And then today, I tried to log on to get rid of the account? Well, first they have some inane ad on their 'front page' and then I can't log in. So I requested password reset three times. No password reset email received (and no - I don't filter spam because I don't want to accidently filter a good customer.) So then I try to write them since no phone number can be found. I get a CANNED response. They don't even read the email. Their 'online chat' support isn't available til 1 PM my time (which is 6 hrs after I started trying to remove myself from their system.) MONSTROUS TIME WASTER!!!

A friend of mine suffered great damage because of Merchant Circle. She had two fired employees who started a competing business, then they took on various aliases and began to leave negative reviews for her business. Merchant Circle did nothing about it.

I will continue today to try to delete my account, but in the meantime...DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE SCAMMERS! They deserve to go down. (And...I believe I'll spend some of my time today WISELY and post this same complaint everywhere I can. Hopefully it will help other businesses who have had to deal with this crap.)

Merchant Coircle forges emails using clients name and email

I have had an account with Merchant Circle for several months Today, I received a phone call and email informing me that our account needed to be “Verified”. I naively provided five business contacts for verification purposes.

I was appalled to find out that within minutes, your company used my email address to send a fictitious letter ostensibly FROM ME - with my signature - to my business suppliers recommending your services.

I insisted that my website and all reference to it removed from MerchantCircle and all charges refunded immediately.

I am extremely disappointed in this company. This is beyond deceptive. I am currently exploring my options for recourse.

• Wo
    woodstock Mar 06, 2009

Good Luck! Don't give up keep after them because MC is doing this to many small businesses!

myself

Remove any and all information regarding myself, personally, and/or my business. I did not give you my permission to do so...ESPECIALLY, a map to my residensce. What the hell is wrong with you people? I consider this an infringement on my personal privacy!
Kindly remove this information for any and/all "businesses" with whom you have shared MY informa-
tion.
I'm surprised you didn"t list my mother's maiden name.

...Teri Pelio

Ignoring DNC

This company calls me at home and at church once a month with a recorded message. Both numbers are on the National Do Not Call list...but they don't care. These recorded messages say that someone has left a comment about my business and that I should go to their site and look it up. But when I go to the site, there is no such comment, plus my home is not a business. They keep calling and calling and do not leave a way to contact them. Even on thier website, it is impossible to contact a real person. This company is a SCAM!

• Le
    LE Jul 28, 2008

Have you had any resolution? I'm trying to figure out how to call them despite multiple searches...there's no contact information! There was a number on the internet but that's no longer a working .

• El
    Elliott Bettman MD Sep 08, 2008

I think SEVERAL mortgage financers do this and when you call back they say it is to collect a debt from someone else. Also there are a lot of spam faxes.

dormia fraud Oct 30, 2010

I`M AN INNOCENT VICTOM OF THEIR HARRASSMENT ALSO. I THINK WE SHOULD CHANGE OUR PHONE NUMBERS
    THERE ARE TOO MANY " SICK " DERANGED COMPANYS INVOLVED

dormia fraud Oct 30, 2010

THE GOVERNMENT SHOULD BE LOOKING INTO THEIR BUSINESS PRACTICES, FINE THEM & SHUT THEM ALL DOWN SOON.

Resolved phone calls about negative review

Merchant Circle is using disgusting phone spam. Even if you call the BBB and stop it, they disregard and...

Fraud

Just like the others, I received a phone call, on my mobile, telling me I had received a negative review. I...

Unsolicited phone calls!

I usually do not answer calls from toll free numbers or even those I do not recognize but this one called a...

Poor telephone marketing strategy

This company, www.merchantcircle.com , is a directory for businesses in all areas. I thin they get their...