Menu
Nail Palace company logo
Last seen 24 hours ago
reviews & complaints

reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

58 complaints
44 resolved 14 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claimed
This account has been claimed by Nail Palace customer service / representatives through our verification process.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Nail Palace. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
L
9:33 am EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I went into the Nail Palace at 133 New Bridge Road in Chinatown Point Shopping Centre for a manicure and pedicure on the first day of my holiday after reading positive reviews online. Almost immediately after I sat down I was told that I needed a special fungal treatment. All of a sudden there were 3 girls surrounding me - hard selling and pressuring me and...

P
10:14 pm EDT

Nail Palace - Classic Manicure and Pedicure

Incident 1

Period : June 2020

Outlet : Northpoint City

An appointment was arranged for an express manicure and pedicure. As a customer, it is not my job to know of and highlight the differences between an express and a classic manicure and pedicure. Staff commenced the procedures for a classic manicure and pedicure and only half way through highlighted to me the exorbitant pricing of $75. I then said I had arranged a prior appointment for am express manicure and pedicure service. The staff tried to argue their way but I stood firm saying it was not in my lookout to educate them about the difference. Unhappy with me {obviously}, the senior staff not only instructed her junior staff who obediently did a shoddy job of the manicure and pedicure, they also were conversing among themselves about the fact that I was a horrible customer, in oblivion of me understanding their vernacular.

Ironically, they attempted to sell me a package worth $750. I expressed my utter disappointment at them and siaf lest taking a package, I was not ever even walking past their outlet.

Incident 2

Period : February 2022

Outlet : Tampines {MRT}

Attempted to book an appointment for 2 pax as we were {unfortunately} gifted with a classic manicure and pedicure package. Ww had intended to have some personal conversations while enjoying the services. The staff consistently interrupted us, despite a sharp rebuke from me. The reason for interruption, was to sell packages. We stated that we were moving out of the county, thinking they would leave us alone. And here comes the climax of what they said. They told us that we could buy packages and then sell them online or to our friends. I am still amazed and amused at this.

Desired outcome: Recommend the chain to implement a no package sales policy and the authorities to review these sales tactics under disguise

8:01 am EDT

Nail Palace - Hard selling

Regret of my life for stepping in to Nail Palace

Thought of just having a classic pedicure but ended up being "forced" to signed up a 1k treatment package.

I have no chance to talk and reject as I were surrounded by 3 staffs, talk and promote non stop ANNOYINGLY.

2nd visit (as I need to use up the package), they wanted me sign up another $1250 treatment package.

I have rejected them, but still shamelessly they talk non stop and keep says I need that treatment.

Strongly, I rejected them. Immediately their face turned BLACK and complete the treatment in rush.

I am so scare now, scared of stepping in again. But still have 2x treatment there.

I paid for service, not paid to be "threaten" by the hard selling staffs.

Very shameful of u Nail Palace.

Desired outcome: Please do not train your staffs for doing this hard selling.

5:32 am EDT

Nail Palace - Hard selling, below par service, exorbitant price

I went to Nail Palace earlier today (15th March 2022) for a simple Mani and Pedi. Scammy upselling strategies were used by the nail technicians Jess and Helen who repeatedly commented on my ‘dry skin’, ‘large pores’ etc to upsell their other treatments and packages. Made for an extremely uncomfortable customer experience. The price came to $250+, hugely overpriced for the standard of treatment I received. Jess cut my toe nail cuticle so bad it bled and failed to take no for an answer when I kept declining to add on more extras. Never coming back here.

Desired outcome: Please refund

P
10:25 am EST

Nail Palace - Package

Visited Nail Palace for manicure and pedicure treatment. The staff claimed that my leg was very dry and upsell me to purchase their products. To my surprise, the staff applied the product on my leg before I even agree. I was given no chance to refuse that at all. During the payment, she upsell me the treatment package. I told her that I would like to consider first but she instantly keyed the package into the system under my record. I was immersely overwhelmed and intimidated by her action. The staff kept on pestering me to sign, giving me no room to consider. Succumbed to the pressure, I signed reluctantly.

As I felt forced, I went back to the shop the next day to talk to the manager. She commented that I should have feedback to them so that they wouldn't upsell me.

Desired outcome: Please refund and I would appreciate a respond

11:44 am EST

Nail Palace - Nail service package

How I wish I know about this before heading there. I went to the Nail Palace at Tampines and just wanted to pamper myself for a day. Went in for only basic mani and pedi but ended up being pressured to sign up package that cost $4+k. It is very pressuring for the patron. They even forgot to paint the top coat for 2-nails of mine cause they were so excited over the whole package signing. I do not like the whole experience. Their hard selling tactics are very uncouth for. Just want them to stop making me uncomfortable. Am feeling very disturb and unhappy when I left the place.

Desired outcome: Cancel and refund the unused packages

M
Feb 20, 2022 10:59 am EST

The girls are very aggressive! NEX Serangoon outlet. I had a very bad experience 1-2 yrs ago! Initially, the girls were very friends, chatted with you like a friend and gradually tried to sell you the most expensive package! They tried very hard to sell you even though you insisted and said no. That was my first and last and I have never stepped into any of their outlet anyone! The boss has made a mistake to do business using such techniques. It will definitely loose customers very soon.

6:00 pm EST
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Was extremely uncomfortable, the nail lady was very rough, dug her nail into my skin and I have a nail mark, she clearly did not know what she was doing. Now, my fingers are all jacked up from her twisting them. Tried to go on my phone to text my mom and she told me I couldn't use my phone. Awful experience. I want to file a lawsuit. I have receipts of everything that happened

T
1:50 pm EST

Nail Palace - Poor Customer Service & Consumer Exploitation

I've already booked my appointment with Nail Palace Parkway Parade 1 month in advance, but because my package is discounted (only allowed to be used 2 weeks before Chinese New Year), I was reluctantly forced to give up my slot to other customers who possibly would be paying more for the Chinese New Year surcharge.

Nail Palace's staff then came up with the lame excuse that she had told me beforehand that my appointment was a tentative one.

I'm very infuriated about this! I've paid so much for Nail Palace's services but yet they won't give me my deserved priority? Every month their staff coerce me into signing over a thousand dollars worth of packages including products. From September 2021 till December 2021, I've spent $4, 611.82 in total!

In fact, I was very dissatisfied with Nail Palace's services rendered last year in December 2020, and have given a bad review about this. But I considered giving them a second chance because they're the only nail parlour that thoroughly treats nail fungal infections.

However, it has already been a whole year and yet my toenails haven't fully recovered yet. I seriously doubt the effectiveness of this exorbitantly priced treatment.

I also found out that I was grossly overcharged by $100+ on the unexclusive products offered at Nail Palace, such as: (1) VitaGel™, (2) Hydra-Defense Akileïne Balm® & (3) Footlogix Anti-Fungal Toe Tincture; all of which are easily available outside at cheaper prices.

Not only do I feel cheated but also I'm peeved that I was advised to use the Hydra-Defense Balm, which is meant for use on very dry & dehydrated feet, on my legs. So actually Nail Palace doesn't have any product specifically targeted to deeply moisturise my legs, such that I've to use a substitute product instead? Of course the balm would be more moisturising because it's meant to soften calluses on the feet!

All in all, I'm very upset about Nail Palace's unscrupulous business tactics. I'm not going to patronise Nail Palace ever again!

Desired outcome: Refund my remaining unused packages & credits.

Update by TCL11
Jan 19, 2022 9:37 am EST

Nail Palace is so quick to reply with their [fake] apologies on this public platform. But when I emailed them privately, it has already been more than 2 weeks and yet they haven’t replied me.

2:29 am EST

Nail Palace - Hardshell service

I went in for a gel remover and the salesperson hardsell me like crazy. I was really irritated and just rejected the salesperson.

Her face turn black and her attitude was really bad after that. And they just any how do my nails and my nails was filed crooked and I had to go other nail place to get it done properly.

Avoid this shop at all cost. Please do not even think of patronising. There are better places and have your nails done peacefully.

G
8:10 pm EST

Nail Palace - Misinformed of treatment pricing

I did a walk in and wanted to do just an express gelish manicure and classic pedicure, with indication of one nail overlay. The staffs began to upsell all kinds of services which I turned them down nicely. After many many attempts, the one doing the pedicure told me I had cracked soles and suggested I do the all in one treatment, I declined and she continued to convince me. I finally ask how much is the treatment. Her reply "三十八", which I thought that was quite ok and probably stopped her from asking me to do more and I agreed to let her try. I was shocked when she brought me the bill with the treatment stating $388. One simple session of manicure pedicure came up a whopping almost $600. I'm "impressed" with the sales tactic. 三十八 is totally different from 三百八十八. I'm very sure I did not hear wrongly because otherwise I would not have allowed her to do it. She continued to ask me to sign a few more treatments aka package.
We still paid but were really disgusted with the dishonest way of doing sales.

Dec 26, 2021 11:55 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I have the EXACT same experience. The staff said 39.80 bt ltr the bill came out to 398. They have not replied to my email at all. I think everyone here should make a police report together.

11:51 am EST

Nail Palace - Nail package

I went to nail palace with a classic Mani and classic pedicure voucher. Was willing to top up for gel manicure. But the sales person said I got fungal and pushed for different treatment and let me try one leg. Both sales and manager (ci cu, Yumi and Yami) kept hard selling to me until in the end my voucher became a $3k plus bill. I felt very pressured into paying. Paid $2k via credit card and $900 via debit, would like to cancel it even more so after reading the feedbacks and reviews

Desired outcome: Refund the sum of the package that I had paid via credit and debit

Dec 28, 2021 10:39 am EST

karma will come bite those [censored]

3:58 am EST

Nail Palace - Unethical behavior

My mum is a long time customer at Nail Palace Jurong Point and has signed several packages there. We encountered unethical behavior and terrible service attitude during our last visit there. On 11 Dec 2021, we booked an appointment using her existing nail package to do a manicure, pedicure and arms and legs treatments.

We informed the staff that we only wanted to use the existing package service (pedi + foot treatment), plus a one-time top up for my manicure. They began with our foot treatment.

Upon seeing my mum has a nail fungus on her toe, the staff brought out a cream to apply on her toenails right away, without first consulting my mum if she wanted to add on any service. Thus we thought it was part of the treatment package. Later on my mum felt uneasy as she had encountered several unscrupulous sales tactics before (such as apply first, and charge to her bill later). Thus she enquired if the cream cost any extra money. The staff mumbled a reply which we both heard as $39.80. Bear in mind this was only AFTER the staff applied it, without first checking if we were ok with any add-on. But since the amount was small, my mum relented with the top-up of $39.80.

Hours later, they brought her bill and the amount was a whooping $398. We asked the staff and she claimed she told her $398 instead of $39.80. I was seated beside my mum and we both heard $39.80. How could a one time application of a treatment cream cost almost $400? It does not make any sense to us. Plus it was never mentioned to us what cream it was and what exactly it does. We have purchased nail fungus treatment sprays and creams from Nail Palace before which cost way less. I questioned the staff what was in that fungal treatment cream that cost more than getting a medical cream from the doctor. Agnes, the manager told us this was more effective than prescribed cream from doctor. Are you saying Nail Palace is licensed to sell creams that are medical grade at higher concentration than the licensed doctors in Singapore?

We are appalled at this unethical practice encountered. Several times my mum expressed her discomfort in going back as the staff always subjects her to hardsell sales talk during her treatment and she couldn't even relax while getting her pedi. In fact she has stopped going for almost a year, but she only wanted me to go back with her to finish up the packages and never go back again. They would ALWAYS pressure her into topping up for more and more things even when she has sessions left in her package. They would literally sit beside her and pressure her into signing by holding onto her card, while her legs were soaked/wrapped and she could not get out if she wanted to.

The manager on duty was Agnes, and the staff who attended to my mum was named Janet.

My mum is 60yo and earns a minimal wage in a factory and yet they did not feel any guilt in scamming her of such big amounts. I have emailed them and awaiting a satisfactory response.

Desired outcome: For Nail Palace to refund the $398 for the 'fungal treatment' and to refund the remaining last session in her package.

Dec 28, 2021 10:40 am EST

which proper company uses gmail to respond to their customer?

4:34 am EST

Nail Palace - Overpriced and hard selling

I went to the service at Tiong Bahru plaza Nail Palace in 2017 then stopped after I moved house. This year 2021 April they called me saying I still have package left don't waste so I went to do pedicure, wanting to just finish my package. Towards the end of the session, while my feet were soaking in water, 3 manicurists came to persuade me to buy their 1k package even after I told them I am no longer working and have no income. In the end I have to sign up if not they don't let me leave. That 1k package supposed to give me 6 pedicure, 4 treatment and 2 free manicure. Already overcharge, today (2021 December) I went there again just to hope to complete my package before CNY, they said my package only left with 3 pedicure and no manicure at all! I want a refund for whatever amount left and I will never ever do my nails at Nail Palace ever again. Give me a full refund before I am writing to the newspaper. Email: [email protected]

1:08 am EST

Nail Palace - Package

How I wish I had knew about this a year ago, I just thought that I will go in and do an pedi & mani during Covid period, then they had just started to push packages and add-ons and stuff, and had paid over 10k for it. I think I was in a trance or something to agree with whatsoever. Which I had regretted subsequently. And made me phobia of going for the service anymore with with pushy service. Which I am struck with my own money but I can't move it or get refund back! Which the money can be used for much better better stuff! So now I hate those in mani / pedi, feels like scammers!

Desired outcome: I will like to get a refund!

1:43 pm EST

Nail Palace - Extremely expensive fungus treatment package

Went to sunplaza to do mani pedi as a gift from my fren. They told me i had fungus nail which i know. Tbh i dun think fungus treatment would be the expensive. Per treatment sgd498. They pushed me to sign a package, first time almost 9k. I almost faint. Den they change to lesser, that was 6k. They pushed hard, n i signed. Which i am so stress now. After they start sell add on package, telling me debates to me. Add on package cost almost 3k. I decline, they keep decrease till 1.8k. I still decline. 6k is a big burden already. But they tell me can pay later the 1.8k. I say i dunno if i can pay them. They say it ok, can cancel.

Now that i go home, i think of it, its just insane 6k for a package. Im not some rich woman. Just a working lady with little saving. Need to spend for family.

I want to refund the package n pay only for what was done on the day of treatment.

Desired outcome: Can refund of the package n just pay for the treatment done

Update by Cheryl81
Dec 04, 2021 7:00 pm EST

Attached the receipt

11:40 am EST

Nail Palace - Nail Palace — Insanely Overpriced Dermal Fungus Treatment

I went to Nail Palace at Bugis+ for the first time on 11/13/2021 to get a gel manicure and pedicure, and that was supposed to be it...

Staff noted that nail fungus so she recommended getting a fungus treatment. I asked how much it was and she said it's 300~400ish, and I was like... "is it serious?" and they started showing me pictures of other members and I thought mine would turn out bad if I do not get it done, so I said yes. (At this point of time, I had no knowledge of what fungal treatment was, I wished I knew)
Along the way more and more treatments were added saying that it needs to be done, an additional 300+sgd because I had peeling of skins and whatnot...and my total price was 1.4k sgd... which shocked me.
The wait was I not doing just a gel manicure? Why... am I doing treatment all of the sudden. The staff were really nice talking through you about other things while they do the treatment... was it a means to prevent you from thinking too much? I'm getting paranoid thinking about this … I hope it was not a façade.

When it was time for payment, they then started hard-selling promoting sessions asking me to purchase 15 sessions for what... 20K sgd?!
I said no because I don't have that much and I just started working, decided to pamper myself just today but how did it reach this amount?!
Even after I said no, they tried reducing the sessions and continued to promote that it is possible to do installment payments, and without realizing I bought a package for 4 sessions over 4K sgd... was I such a pushover or was this a tactic? It was really hard to do much when you're just seated there waiting for the treatment to end so I gave in.

I thought of reporting this here after I was told that the total amount I paid for a fungus treatment is daylight robbery and that hard selling was a thing that nail palace often does. They even tried to get me to buy credits, which I had no idea what it was, and that the session I bought was not inclusive of nail art...
This is really unacceptable, I am honestly shocked and I wish I knew about their selling tactics earlier or had done my research so that I wouldn't be tricked...

I will not lie, it does feel like the foot treatment had done it's thing but for a treatment that is only costing over 100 sgd in other places... make me think twice, was it really worth it?
I hope people can be more aware of such things and hope that no more innocent people fall into their traps. This price is too much to pay... for...

2 comments
Dec 04, 2021 1:43 pm EST

Same problem. Package cost 6k

Nov 28, 2021 8:56 am EST

I want to make a formal complaint on the same issue above as jI ust came today sunday 28Nov at around 8pm Nail Palace Jurong Point.

4:11 am EDT

Nail Palace - Foot scrub

I just went to a stall in Bishan MRT. I entered the stall to only do a pedicure at $29, then they started selling packages! They made me try foot spa in a portion of my leg but they said try only and see if I will like it. In the end they put fill in my both legs without my YES consent! It is terrible! I paid $243 for the Service! it is really cheating! I hope I can get a refund! Life is hard nowadays and yet some people are still do this kind of S***!

T
10:02 am EDT

Nail Palace - foot scrub overpriced at nail Palace sembawang shopping centre

30 Oct 2021...1pm
I just needed mani n pedi...guess what I ended paying $530 for the service n foot scrub.
the 3 service staff attended to me ...during my service..no one other customer came.
Read all the other complaints ...but the company has not changed ..it is still over priced n expensive...for a simple treatment.
n they still tried to sell a package costing 2k
u are crazy . I hope every one reading this boycott nail Palace n hope they close...or revise their pricing...I feel cheated n taken advantage...never again...
[email protected]

Desired outcome: donate the money to charity

11:10 am EDT

Nail Palace - Overprice foot scrub

The foot scrub "treatment" which is only helping to removed foot dead skin cost $388 per session. They even try to sell the "corn" treatment which will cost about $498 per session. It is super over price and they constantly upsell you with their treatment and session. Eventually, just give in to buy 3 session which i super regret buying. Hope i can get refund.

Update by CXT85
Nov 11, 2021 8:55 am EST

Hi Nail Palace,

Instead of keep apologizing why not looking into a real solutions of not oversell in the first place?

Email send was not responded anyway. Please advise how can we file for a refund? Thanks.

2 comments
Jun 06, 2022 12:42 pm EDT

I tried once of the same service, wanted me to sign package.. 😂 😂 i refused as another saloon did the same service, half the price

V
Oct 16, 2021 10:02 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Hi I encountered same as you. I paid $388 for the callus remover and pedi/mani (FOC). It is very overpriced judging by the things they use. Have you gotten a reply from them?

Nail Palace has left an official reply on this complaint.

Nail Palace - Insanely Overpriced Dermal Fungus Treatment!

I went to Nail Palace at Jurong Point for the first time today to get an express gel manicure. While I was getting my manicure done, I thought I'll get a pedicure as well.

After the staff removed my nail polish, I was told I have nail fungus so she recommended getting a fungus treatment. I asked how much it was and she said it's $498 before GST. I've never heard of nail fungus before and neither did I know I have it so I have no idea how much a treatment costs so I just said yes and they took photos of my toenails and showed me up close what they look like. Afterwards, they kept trying to sell me fungus treatment packages but I kept saying no because $498 (before GST) is so expensive. This kept going to the point that I only managed to leave at almost 7pm when I came in the shop a little after 4pm. I finally got to go after turning them down so many times by buying a 6-session gel manicure + soak off package at $288 before GST on top of the $600+ bill I racked up from my manicure, pedicure and fungus treatment. In the end, I paid around $900 total.

I thought of reporting this here after I was told that $498+ for a fungus treatment is daylight robbery. I saw another complain here saying that nail fungus medication doesn't even cost $100. I did some research and found out that other nail shops aren't even charging nearly as much as some of them offer it for below $100!

I am honestly appalled but I was ignorant as well. However, this is honestly not acceptable. I am considering going to CASE to raise this.

Desired outcome: I’d like to be charged a reasonable price and refunded the difference. $532.86 for ONE fungus treatment is ridiculous.

3 comments
Oct 31, 2021 10:33 am EDT

Omg I also have the same experience. And when everytime the package is getting more expensive. From 1000+ to 2000+, recently it increases to 4000+. And when I said I dont want, they wouldnt allow me to leave because my leg was wrapped with the spa thing.

V
Oct 23, 2021 7:51 pm EDT

Hi same for me too, my worse they charged me $698 😒 is a 15mins wrapping that’s all . Till
Now nail palace didn’t even bother to reply .

Oct 13, 2021 10:42 am EDT

Wow I went to Holland Village outlet today and my experience is not much difference from yours. It's my third visit today and they're trying to sell me packages every single time. And yes they can be so persuasive and taking up so much time when I just want to get a quick and easy session. I wish I knew about their selling tactics earlier or done my research but I definitely learnt my lesson. And I am also going to CASE to raise this. Let's hope that by doing so no more innocent people falling into their traps, too high of a price to pay!

Nail Palace contacts