MyPointsFrozen Accounts

R

My husband and I each have accounts with MyPoints. We each have our own login information and use seperate computers. All of a sudden they have closed my account and frozen his without any notice at all. We both had several thousand points that we have accumulated from purchases and email clicks. We would like our accounts restored and our points restored. They did send me an email once I inquired about this saying that I had violated the terms of service. It clearly states that the member can have only one account. Not that more than one person in your family can't participate.

• Mo
    Monica2008 Jun 19, 2013

I was invited by United join MyPoints earn the welcome 750 United Miles in 2011. However, MyPoints never credit the 750 points and the excuse was checked by United, then they need to research and check. They have promised credit the miles within 4 -6 weeks and I was promised again another 8 weeks to receive, finally, I receive any miles since October 2011 until now. Today, my MyPoints account has been closed due to violation of our Terms of Service, the 15, 000 points have got. I have only one MyPoints account and did not do any violation to earn the points. I have sent several emails to the customers but NO response.
    Monica

• Fi
    firesiderace Mar 13, 2013

I too had been a member for over ten years. I got tired of their attitude towards the customers. If it wasn't for us customers. My Points would not be in business. With the way they are treating people, it won't be long before they go out of business.

MY POINTS IS A SCAM.

• Ti
    tiger728 Aug 24, 2011

I have been using Mypoints for several years now. I have an account, my sister, and my sons have accounts. Sometimes my sister will come over and use my computer to check her my points, as well as myself and my sons. I have gotten several gift cards through the years and have purchased things to get points. Today they shut my account down, my sons who live at the same address as me and my sister who does not live with us. We are individuals and it shouldn't matter if we live in the same house.

• Al
    AleeIsMe Mar 10, 2011

I have been with My Points for a number of years. I have redeemed points just fine until this past time. On Sept 11 I redeemed points for a visa credit card of that value. I never received it. Have emailed at least six times and get a response each time telling me it will be corrected in 10 days to 2 weeks.
    I am frustrated. I took a lot of my time and used their clients to shop with frequently.
    How can I get them to honor their contract?

• Li
    livingthedream1 Sep 28, 2010

I cashed in enough points for approx $400 in home depot gift cards last Nov. I never received them. I have been emailing since to find out where my cards were (each time I cashed in points, I would write down the date and what I cashed them in for and as I received them, I would cross them off the list). From that point on, I started receiving emails telling me that they (mypoints) were looking into it and I would receive a response from them within a few days. When i didn't receive a response, I emailed again to have a response sent that they were busy and department looking into that may take 3 to 4 weeks to get back with me. Thats the only responses I have received. So in usual standard, I emailed again with the forward of all the previous emails asking where the cards were. Now I received a resopnse that because its been over 6 months since I redeemed the cards, they have no way of looking into the situation and they are sorry they can't help me. I am thinking of filing a complaint with the Attorney General of the state they are located in. Anyone else interested?

• Ra
    rabiyal Sep 24, 2010

I am in a middle of getting my points credited. and I am shocked they are delaying it, and now I see why, right now I have about 10k points and I am suppose to get a credit for about 35000 points more. and they are delaying...if they close my account they wont know what hit them. I will make the same suggestion that i am going to take against them.

1) File a report with BBB online complaints
    Mypoints address is : 525 Market St, 34th Flr
    San Francisco, CA 94105

and also file a complaint with Attorney General of CA. report them as stealing your points and not letting you redeem them for GiftCards as promised. Also tell them you could have gone with airmiles or upromise that would have given you something in return, and that mypoints is a fraud. and they are stealing and misleading.

Charmeyn Jul 24, 2009

maybe Mypoints cut me because I didn't buy anything from their shops, but then that can't be because I've read here that other's did purchase stuff through Mypoints and still got told they violated terms

Charmeyn Jul 24, 2009

Here's what I wrote back to Mypoints after getting no real definitive answer of what I violated in their terms:

"I appreciate your quick response but you do not clarify just how I violated
    your terms, I had my own email address for my account and basically just
    read the Mypoints emails and did very few surveys, as I often didn't
    qualify, but I do recall that Mypoints allowed other members of the same
    household to also have Mypoints accounts so long as they had their own
    "Email address, and yes, this would mean sharing of the same computer; so
    why, after my 10 years being a Mypoints member would it be now brought to
    my attention that I've violated your terms? when your terms, when me and my
    family joined, did not specify that each member of my family had to use not
    only their "own" email address but also a separate computer and internet
    connection? Is this how I violated your terms after being a member of your
    program for 10 years?
    I feel offended by being accused of violating your terms when I felt I was
    following them as specified when I first joined your program 10 years ago,
    so I feel this cancellation of my account, and the accounts of my family, to
    be unfair; you should have brought this to my attention 10 years ago so I
    would not have wasted my time acquiring points, or clarified more clearly in
    your terms what "I COULD NOT DO", which take forever to acquire in order to
    redeem. And to say that I am now banned from your program is an insult,
    being that I stuck with it for 10 years clicking on adds that you at
    Mypoints obviously made money from, because without people like myself
    supporting your program Mypoints would have failed years ago, so you should
    be thanking me, instead of insulting me, for putting advertiser dollars in
    your pocket."

Charmeyn Jul 24, 2009

If I was violating their terms, why then, after 10 years of being a MYpoints member and several redemptions, do they bring this to my attention now?
    One good thing though, I was able to redeem and cash out enough to get my family a new Playstation several years ago.

Charmeyn Jul 24, 2009

I've been a member of Mypoints since it's inception, over 10 years ago, and I went to log in to my account yesterday and got a mesage that my account was closed due to me violating their terms; I sent them an email asking what terms I violated and got a vague response.
    I don't feel I ever violated their terms, which, when I joined alllowed for other members of the same household to also have Mypoints accounts, so long as they had their own email address, unfortunately not all families have seperate computer's to use and have to share.
    To me Mypoints has slapped me in the face for being a long standing member, who obviously put money in their pockets when I read their advertsers emails.
    If it weren't for their members, people who joined Mypoints, they WOULD NOT be where they are today, they would have failed years ago

• Ju
    Judith Depolio Froio Oct 26, 2018

@Charmeyn We all need to get together and do something! Obviously the company is paying their workers a salary, thanks to all of us. And now they are ripping us off. Email me at [email protected]
    Judith

Andy Barr Jul 07, 2009

"Signed-up" to use Mypoints. Went through all the steps of processing, began using features to rack up points. Points started to get high and ready to trade in for gift cards, etc. Logging in today revealed that my account had been canceled with no reason given. Mypoints is a scam... do not get sucked in! Rev. Dr. Andy Barr

• Sp
    Sportsync Mar 07, 2009

Same thing happened to me, my roommate, and my family (my mom and my sisters had accounts). I had finally amassed enough points for a $100 gift card and I think they shut me down to avoid paying out! I've been a member for 9 years too. They're a joke.