MyHeritagesubscription cancellation

R Sep 06, 2018

In August 2017 I had an unsolicited phone call offering me a year's subscription at a reduced rate. As I was recovering from surgery at the time I thought it would be useful to have access to the site to research my family tree.

At no time was I told it would renew automatically. I only found out when I trawled through the lengthy terms and conditions.I decided to cancel the automatic renewal online as directed but the screen turned grey each time I attempted the cancellation.
I decided to ring the phone number given on 'contact us' only to be told that 'This number is out of service'.

On checking our credit card bill my husband found that a renewal payment had gone out.
At no time was I sent information saying the money would be taken nor have I had information to say my subscription has been renewed.

How can I et my money refunded and stop this happening again?

• MyHeritage's response · Sep 07, 2018

Dear MyHeritage user,

I sympathize with your situation and I will do all I can to assist you.

Your purchase satisfaction is very important to us and upon reading your feedback, I will be glad to issue a full refund for the renewal of the subscription.

I would also like to clarify that MyHeritage informs all members of the trial membership charge and its price on the automatic email that is sent out after you enroll in the membership and before every renewal. Also, one may view the status or cancel a trial subscription at any time online when logging into MyHeritage from the My Purchases page and incur no annual charge.

Your refund is guaranteed by all means because of our money back guarantee to ensure all of our members with a full refund by contacting Customer Support within thirty (30) days of the initial purchase date of the subscription.

We absolutely value your membership with us and hope that you will allow us to make up for this disappointing experience you have reported.

If you have any questions about any of this or need help with your refund, please feel free to e-mail me directly at [email protected] and I would gladly assist you with my highest priority.

Sincerely
    Catarina
    MyHeritage

• Updated by Rosie Hunter · Sep 07, 2018

Situation has now been satisfactorily resolved.