MSN/Oberon Complaints - Gamesaver SubscriptionCancellation problems

S

I was on Best BUY web site and was offered a chance to buy reduced games. I started to enroll and I changed my mind before ordering the game. I called BEST BUY and they told me they didn't have an order for me and I would not be charged for the membership. Then I got my credit card bill I had charges from this company Gamesaver Subscription (MSN/Oberon). Best buy said they didn't have anything to do with the charge and could not help me. They gave me another number to call and it was Game stop. They said it wasn't them. I called my credit card to stop charges and they said I had to cancel, before they could help. If you try to get help from Gamesaver they have not phone number or anyway to contact them.

MargeB Apr 29, 2009

I too have not been able to contact them to cancel. As a matter of fact when I went to the site and typed in my email, it said member not found. How do I get rid of this monthly scam?

• De
    Deanna Rust Apr 30, 2009

Get me out of this mess!! I don't even remember subscribing to gamesaver, but i get it billed on my credit card every month. there's no phone no. or access to these people to get out of it. Help!

• Nc
    ncgirl May 04, 2009

Has anyone figured out the contact information yet? I'm calling my bank today! I didn't subscribe to this mess either.

• 1s
    1siloet May 15, 2009

Try this website above. I had to send an email to support but I'm hoping that wrapped it up. Let me know if it works for you all.

• Tr
    tracyncats May 15, 2009

Same here, I have been trying to figure out how to get them to stop charging me for 2 months now! That's just not right that a company can take your money, and you have no way of stopping it. Soon I will just close my credit card account, if that's what i have to do!

noway May 16, 2009

Just call credit card company and tell them the problem. They can file a billing dispute and help get things straight.

• Br
    brencrusier May 19, 2009

I also have had the same problem with this company! I have called the credit card company, filed a billing dispute AND cancelled the card...I dont know how this happened, but would like to know, so I don't do it again!

• Aw
    awnree1 May 27, 2009

I am also having problems with them, I have also filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau - because of all of the problems that I see everyone else is having, I am imagining that it won't be any easier for me.

If you do know of a sure fire way to get this stopped, please post it!

Thanks!

• I HAVE ALSO BEEN HAVING THIS PROBLEM, I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION SINCE THE END OF LAST YEAR AND THEY ARE STILL TAKING A PAYMENT FROM ME EVERY MONTH...I HAVE JUST SENT THEM YET ANOTHER E-MAIL AND HAVE THREATENED LEGAL ACTION IF THEY DON'T GET IT SORTED.

• Nc
    ncgirl May 29, 2009

This is what I just found out. Did anyone buy a game from Yahoo Games? I did in February, big mistake! You don't buy just ONE game, you buy that game AND a subscription for a year! I won't be buying anymore online games. Plus, get this, the company that charges your card is international, which means it's out of the country! They send a charge for 0 - .30 just to make sure you haven't canceled your card and then go back and charge that $9.95! Call your banking institution and cancel your card, that's the only way you will get rid of it. My bank told me that's how people have lost their money, from international charges. If they've got your card number, they don't mind sharing the wealth!! Don't delay! I just canceled mine, what a pain in the a$$!!!

• Mi
    michael Jun 10, 2009

I have had the same problem for last 6 months. Just contacted bank to cancel credit card. This is the only way to get arround the recurring charges

• Le
    lesla Jun 30, 2009

Same problem here. I bought a game off Yahoo for full price, and next thing I know I am somehow signed up for a subscription of Gamesaver. They have been taking $12. out of my Visa for a few months now. I called my bank and changed my card number, which should stop that. I also called Yahoo, but spoke to an idiot who was reading off a sheet. I suspect she was in India. She kept telling me she was going to put me through to billing. I explained the issue a number of times, and cited these web complaints. She just said she was very sorry and she would put me through to billing.

Caution to anyone buying games from Yahoo or MSN.. if you get redirected to a page that is 'hosted' by Oberon-Media, don't buy the game. It's a scam, perpetuated by Yahoo and MSN.

• Ad
    Adoniat Jul 23, 2009

I have the same parasite sucking out of my account. I have emailed everyone I can regarding this. If I have to cancel my card I'm going to really be mad!

• Ve
    very_upet_with_Oberon Jul 23, 2009

*I tried posting this before but I am not sure if it worked. If it did, I am sorry for the double post**

Guys, I had this same problem too and I was very very pissed off. I e-mailed them constantly and well, I wasn't very nice. BUT I did get a FULL refund!! So I would just say be tough and persistant. We should not let this horrible company to continue doing this!

• Is
    Islareina Jul 24, 2009

This is just awful. They're taking money out of my account week after week and I don't know how to stop it. I've tried calling but I'm out of the country for a few months and the phone service is horrid. All I can do is email and wait. Someone has to put a stop to this. I wonder how all of this will finally end.

• Ki
    kiwi426 Jul 26, 2009

I have also been charged each month for subscriptions that I didn't want. I have tried to redeem games for each payment Oberon has taken from my credit card but so far have been unsuccessful. I have paid for eight months but have only been able to download five games. I emailed Oberon support as I have had difficulty even entering my email address to login to redeem the balance of the games. They advise that I have redeemed all game credits which is not correct. I will be definitely changing my credit card number and will be telling everyone I know not to get 'hooked' into subscribing to Gamesaver!

Rose

• Li
    liz jones Aug 13, 2009

I also have the same problems as all the others i have an email from usa saying they are trying to help! i will post addy on here later.
    good luck to us all.
    liz

• Pg
    pgraves6690 Aug 31, 2009

I was having the same problem. I had bought some games from Yahoo and I knew that is where it was coming from. I logged in to Yahoo, clicked on a game like I was going to buy it, and then clicked on a link towards the bottom that says "Yahoo Games Subscription FAQ" and there was a link to cancel. I just hope it works!

• Mi
    millertime1951 Aug 31, 2009

I tried what u just posted...just looked at my statement and aparently it didn't work...gona have to cancel card!

Mad at Oberon ripoff Sep 09, 2009

I am having the same problem. Don't know how - but my account is being charged monthly. Emailing Oberon brought back an email that directed me to emachines (the same link as on the FAQ on Google). Emachines is a computer hardware company that knew nothing about games when I called. Incidentally, the website mentioned above by Isolet (?) just redirects you to this complaint service. Help!

• Mz
    mzhoneebee Sep 10, 2009

Many say you emailed Oberon. What is the email address as we may be able to get the subscription canceled.

• Tr
    tristinska Sep 11, 2009

Same problem here, who is going to stop these people?

• Le
    [email protected] Sep 13, 2009

I am having the same problem. I work for a bank and if you can't get in contact with the company, which in this case we can't...you have to get in touch with your bank or credit card company. Let them know about the fraudulant charges on the account. They will more than likely need you to come in a fill out an affidavit against the company. Your bank should refund the fradualant charges and then research the situation themselves. If your bank won't help you...you have to CLOSE your card. You don't have to close the account, just the card. Have your bank or credit card company issue you a new card with a new account number! I will be filling out affidavits when I get to work tomorrow! Good luck to you all.

• Ze
    zenladybug Sep 22, 2009

****Found this info on Yahoo Answers - seems to have worked, so far - give it a try****

HOLY COW - I figured it out! I got a response to an email, with the following instructions, and it worked!

Dear Customer,

You may cancel your Y! Games Subscription at any time. You must be logged into your account to cancel. https://login.yahoo.com

Once you are logged in:

1. Go to Yahoo! Games
    2. Click on the "More Info/Buy now" link of any downloadable game
    3. Click on the "Buy Full Version" link

4. Please click on the Y! Games subscription FAQ to access the cancel link.

Please note that if you cancel your membership before you have fulfilled your commitment, you will be charged for the remaining months of your membership. For every month you are charged, you will receive a free game as noted in your subscription commitment Terms and Conditions. All free games earned must be redeemed within 60 days, after which they will expire.

Thank you for contacting Yahoo! Games.

Best Regards,

Jenny

• Ef
    efblair Oct 23, 2009

I cancelled my membership and was told that $46.00 would be taken out of my bank for the remainder of my menbership.They said i had 60 days to download the 4 free games i have coming to me but I don't see how to get them.

• Pa
    PauletteJ Oct 24, 2009

I'm also getting charged and don't know how. I would like to know how this happened and get all my money back. I want this cancelled ASAP.

• Ka
    kaiangel Nov 09, 2009

I too have the same problem...I bought the games from yahoo and I subscript it but never receive any news for there and when i try to cancel my subscription..i couldn't found any information about how to cancel my subscription. the bank only can do is cancel my credit card..but they said it is not 100% sure it can stop the payment...i will see...hope it works...

• Qw
    Qwarkus Nov 27, 2009

Holy ###, what have I let myself in for? I seem to get charged twice for games through this service, once to buy the credits, and then once to buy the game. This month I have been charged over $30 instead of the usual $7 or so. Has anyone been able to find a way out?

• Qw
    Qwarkus Nov 27, 2009

Unfortunately I registered with Incredigames which also uses Oberon Media, so I get charged twice a month as I also bought games from Big Fish Games and WildGames. Big Fish and Wild charge for credits or whatever to buy the game, and then I notice that I also get money taken out again for the game itself. I tried sending an e-mail to Wild Games, and got a reply saying that it was only an automated e-mail address and was not monitored. I have no idea how to contact either Wild or Big Fish. I have cancelled my subscription with Incredigames as I was continually unable to sign-in. It seems all these game sites are full of idiots who cannot answer enquiries or complaints. If anyone can give me an address or site to go to to remedy the situation I would be most grateful, and I will most certainly be telling other people not to buy any games.

• Li
    Lillian Koster Dec 30, 2009

4543864A80JPX96W7
    0543864A609LBX2SJ
    4543864A80JPX96XG
    4543864B40JRZRBYG

I do not know what these charges are on my credit card ending in 0634. I have not authorized for any charges to be put on said mention credit card. Please reverse charges.

Lillian Koster
    [protected]@yahoo.com

• Je
    Jennifer Davs Jan 25, 2010

I would like to know how can I reimburse? Who is responsible for this transaction? I need for this to stop coming out of my account every month, because I don't even know who order this, because I didn't.

Sincerely;
    Jennifer Davis

• Br
    Braden2000 Feb 05, 2010

HERE IS THE LINK!!!
    Scroll down to "Cancel my Yahoo! Games Subscription Program Membership."

• Mu
    Muzik45 Mar 03, 2010

Tried that link didn't work. So I just cancelled my credit card, that should fix them. I did everything else to try to stop the subscription and couldn't do it. So I recommend to anyone else just cancel your card and get a new one, that was the advice from the rep I talked to at the credit card company. Takes about a week to get a new card, but it worth it. She also said to lodge a complaint with the BBB which I'm doing next. Good luck to anyone else that has this problem.

• Re
    redpodgurl Mar 08, 2010

I found out how to do it! Unfortuntely after i went to my credit card company and had them file a dispute and change my account number, but hopefully someone else will see this!

Go to a yahoo game and click the 'buy-now' button. Don't worry, you wont actually buy the game. Sign in using your yahoo ID and then instead of clicking 'redeem free' click on 'my account' at the bottom is a cancellation link!

Unfortunately you only have 4 days to cancel the subscription before they start charging and if you signed up for the 12 month subscription then you either have to buy out or let them keep charging for the full 12 months.

• El
    Elfos May 31, 2010

Ya people. I have the same problem.. so how did u actually get rith of it? Dont wanna pay to something i dont get

• Da
    Danielhogg Jun 13, 2010

I have also been scamed my bank account being charged monthly my reccommendation is that those affected close that account and open new account with different number remmember to reset any direct debits you may have had with reputible businesses ie: power, rent.

• Js
    J. Sax Jan 22, 2011

report them to the credit card company or report your card stolen and they will give you a new one. These people are thieves straight out. Jackie