Having problems with Oberon Media?

Complaints & Reviews

Fraud

Tried to cancel subscription. Think it was done and then yup back to charging my visa. After exhausting every...

inability to load purchased games

I purchase 2 games from Pogo/Oberon Media but lost them both when my computer crashed and am unable to reinstall them.
The first WORD RIOT DELUXE I have the disc for BUT when I key in the Registration number it is not accepted. The second TRI PEAKS SOLITAIRE WAS sent to me on line when I purchased it but now I can not download it without paying again!!

unauthorized check card withdrawl

I sighned up for the msn.discount subscription $6.95 for 12 month everything was ok until I checked my Bank acct at BOA and noticed a sum of $82.57 confirmation# [protected] deducted from my account I did not authorize this amount I only authorized the 4or 5 games for the amount of $7.51 each that I did authorized. Please explain this? I do not have any kind of game that would cost me $82.57 I do not have that kind of money that is why I subscriped for the discount. Please return the $82.57 and also please cancell my subscription. thank you Christa Geer 03/07/2013

tri-peaks 2 quest for the ruby ring

This is Karen Denise Saunders i has ordered a game from you all and i were using my older email address as [protected]@bellsouth.net but i changed my new email to [protected]@yahoo.com now is my newest email now.i purchase this tri-peaks 2 quest for ruby ring on the3-20-2008 and needs the key to this game for my labtop. The game costed $19.95 that ihas already paided in full.So please kindly send me the activation to this game at to my new email [protected]@yahoo.com.Thank you Karen and God bless

dianeburkeplaywe Sep 16, 2013

I keep getting booted out of my game and what comes most of the time is a Microsoft staring that Error with Oberon

dianeburkeplaywe Sep 16, 2013

Whenever I play Tri Peaks 2 the hunt for the red ruby I get booted out of the game no matter what internet assess I use. I'm not the only one that this happens too. Sometimes it is error and tonight it was a mirosoft pop up that says error:run time has ran out, I bought this game a few years ago and didn't play online for about a year. I never had this problem in the past. I bought the game through pogo.

dianeburkeplaywe Sep 16, 2013

I keep getting booted ou of the game Tri Peaks 2 The Hunt for the Red Ruby, Microsoft is starting the error is with Oberon . What can you do for me to fix the problem? It also states run time

dianeburkeplaywe Sep 16, 2013

my old e-mail was under yahoo and that has been changed to
    [email protected]
    I am looking forward to hearing from you .
    dianeburkeplayer

Horrid Customer Service

I bought a pack of mystery games were they all worked except one. It was not finalized when made so I would not download properly. I contacted the company who sold me the game and told them what had happened instead of reading my message on explaining the whole issue. They sent me this reply.
Hello,

I'm sorry to hear of the issue you're experiencing with your CD.
If your CD is not working properly, please visit the place where you purchased it so you can exchange or return it. The store will be able to assist you based on their return policy.

Thank you for contacting Oberon Media.

Wow this is by far the worst customer service I have ever had.

Unauthorized billing to credit card

An ad connected to a webpage referred me to I-Play, apparently an on-line vendor of PC games via download. The I-Play website referred me over to Big Fish Games (which I have purchased games from frequently). I bought a game from Big Fish Games, giving my credit card info. A month later, and every month since, a charge of $9.95 appears on my credit card bill from Oberon Media (who apparently own I-Play and several similar websites). I did not click anything at Oberon Media's site, and can only assume that they "hijacked" my credit card info via referring me to my usual Big Fish Games site. I had to cancel that credit card to get the matter to stop, as there is no way to actually get an Oberon Media rep on the phone (or responding to e-mails).

• Fr
    frmldy903player May 09, 2013

please cancel the monies you are taking out of my account as of today may 09 2013 assp

OVERPAID - MONEY NOT RETURNED

Since 2008 I have purchased four games from Oberon Media (aka Yahoo Games on my computer). In July 2011, I was required to purchase the same games for my new laptop. Oberon then tells me, games which I purchase are mine to keep (well! Thank you, Oberon) and I can download them to any computer I own. They were informed that I do own both computers, BUT THEY WILL NOT RETURN MY $75.00. OBERON MEDIA HAS TO BE A VERY WEALTHY RIPOFF ARTIST. I will never give them another penny and would caution anyone out there to be steer clear of these con-artists. I am very lucky to have used a credit card that refunded me the $75.00; they will then go after Oberon for the dollars.

Can't use my registration key

I purchased Bespelled for $24.95. My computer crashed and I had to buy a new one. I tried to download "Bespelled" only to find out that it has been renamed "Bookworm". "Bookworm" is on sale for $6.95. I tried to use my registration key for "Bespelled" and it was not recognized. Why do I have to pay $6.95 when I have already paid $24.95? I really need an answer to this question. My email address is [protected]@aol.com.

Unauthorised monies taken from my a/c

I must have accidently joined their membership in Nov 2009, but do not remember doing so. Each month since Dec 09 monies have been removed from my a/c.
1 Dec 2009 £4.17
30 Dec 2009 £3.35
29 Jan 2010 £4.29
2 Mar 2010 £4.56
30 Mar 2010 £4.67
29 Apr 2010 £4.50
1June 2010 £4.83
29June 2010 £4.62

I have cancelled this several times and they still continue to take monies out of my a/c.
It would be appreciated if this matter can be resolved as soon as possible. Being 80 yrs of age this is not helping my health.
My name is Mr John Daley, 64 Coombe Ave, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH10 6HJ
ENGLAND.
Email [protected]@yahoo.co.uk

• Ak
    A. Kring Jul 30, 2010

I have had the same issues in the past and have been VERY careful NOT to sign up for ANYTHING and Platinum Services debited more money from my account yesterday. Someone needs to stop this company !!! I also got extremely angry at my bank for allowing them to debit AGAIN when they have been told on MANY occassions that they are NOT TO DEBIT from my account for this company!!!

• Ak
    A. Kring Jul 30, 2010

Someone needs to stop Platinum Services !!! They are unauthorized thieves !!! I have had this same issue with them on at least 3 occassions now and my bank is just as stupid !! I have told them NOTHING IS TO BE DEBITED FOR THIS COMPANY!!! I am starting to think that the banks get a kick back for all money taken from accounts. Just imagine the people to don't look at their accounts very close and have money taken out that they can't figure out !

I want subscription to stop

I want to cancel my subscription. It was suppost to be for two months only, but you are still taking money out of my account. I want it to stop.

• Ki
    KixStar Jul 03, 2010

Try sending an email to the company, instead of here. That might actually get you some results.

• Ob
    Oberon Customer Support Jul 26, 2010

Dear customer,

This is Oberon Customer support. It appears that you experienced some difficulties closing your account. We would be happy to assist you, unfortunately, this site does not allow us to see enough information (such as your email address) for us to be able to close your account on your behalf.

If you could please email us at: [email protected], we would be happy to close your account for you.

Best Regards,
    Oberon Media Customer Support Team

• Sh
    sheryl thompson Nov 22, 2010

ayear and half i've been trying to close this that long and you'll are playing with been feelings. iwant my account close

can't register it

I bought this game by subscription for two months on June 26, and I still can't get the registration key to work. I have complained numerous times with NO respond or correction to my problem. PLEASE HELP ME!

Why isn't my email address being accepted? This is my email address.
[protected]@pldi.net

• Ob
    Oberon - Slingo Quest Egypt (game) Jul 02, 2010

1st place: this isn't a Gamehouse game. It's an Oberon Media/ Incredigame. I paid for this game a week ago and can't get the login to reconize my email address or the registration key given to me. I have not received any response. SOMEONE DO SOMETHING. You can't charge me for something I can't receive!
    [email protected] is my correct email. The registration key I'm not sure of.

Unwanted charges and/or subscription scam

Last year I bought ONE online game for a grandchild. I had the option when ordering/paying of choosing to buy only one game. Since then I have gotten a charge monthly from OBERON media/MSN Games. This adds up. My credit card company is unable to contact anyone to resolve this scam. In my attempts to try to contact someone to stop these charges, I learned that the charges are not coming from within the US, and there is supposedly an office in New York, however, there are no phone numbers to call. I have tried going through the gamesight and cancelling my subscription that one I never signed up for, however it askd for the number key I used when I signed up. Can you help me to stop this scam? I am at their mercy.
THank-you

• Te
    Tess007 Sep 16, 2010

I too have had problems. I purchased a game on MSN and next thing I know I am a "customer". I have filed every complaint I can only to receive a response that I “purchased a membership for one year”. There are numbers for corporate in New York, but they go directly to a voice mail which says to leave a message or press “0” for more help which goes to another voice mail. I left a message which was stupid because I should have known that would not call back. I am pretty sure now that their company in NY is just an address because the CEO and cofounders are Israelis. It was suggested by other complaint to cancel the card. I am just hoping this does not end up as an ID Theft, because even if you cancel your card they have your info. Good luck, if you find a solution let us know.

Problem with Canceling subscription

I purchased a 2 month subscription on MSN games. After fulfilling my obligation, today I went to the website to cancel my subscription. ALL links to cancel subscription take you to an error page! I had to search quite a bit before finding a link and emailed billing, technical support and finally [protected]@maileu.custhelp.com and hoped that one of them would respond. Oberon responded and said they cancelled my subscription. But I've read on your blog and other blogs about so many people not finding a way to cancel their subscription and were charged for months, some even a year. This is fraud! Why can't anything be done to fix their "cancel my subscription" links??? This is such a RIP OFF! I have bought game subscriptions on BIG FISH games, and NEVER have a problem with cancelling the subscription. Something should be done about this with Oberon Media!!!

Proof of 'cancel my subscription' problem:

How do I cancel?
Click here to cancel your MSN Games discount program membership. You may be prompted to log on to your Windows Live™ ID account. If your minimum membership commitment has been satisfied, you will not be charged further. Any free games remaining can be redeemed for a period of 60 days after they were first made available. If you have not satisfied your minimum membership commitment, any months remaining will be immediately charged to your credit card, and the free games your MSN Games discount program membership entitles you to can be redeemed for a period of 60 days before they expire. You will be presented with your status, and any charges that may be made to your credit card prior to canceling, on the cancellation page.

All links to cancel MSN games subscription lead you to an error page!

joan359 Dec 04, 2013

The same is happening to me. There seems to be no way I can cancelk or contact them successfully.

• Ko
    Kochlefl Jul 14, 2014

I hope I just resolved the exact same problem. I was being charged $9.95 for 10 months for a game I grew bored playing after a few days. MSN Games obviously counts on the fact that each person is paying too small an amount to generate enough "buzz" but must be making millions? Billions? ...on customers who can not cancel their accounts. I went through the exact steps described by the last poster; The process is an elaborate joke on the public. It's a scam. I contacted my cc company. Their first response was to tell me to contact the merchant. I got through to the cc people that the merchant is completely "unavailable" and that I wanted to disallow them from ever charging my account again. I began with a Live Chat at the cc company and was directed to their 800 number, They need voice-recorded authorization to not allow a company (in this case, MSN) to charge. The maximum time for this to be effective is 15 months. By that time, I was told by the cc rep, the company that has been charging (MSN) has long since given up. If not, I am to call and re-instate the ban. They are also pursuing a refund for 3 months, the max that they can, pending dispute of the charges.

So, Call your bank or PayPal or Credit Card...wherever MSN is getting their money and tell them right away that it's absolutely impossible to cancel through MSN. Get the payments stopped through the paying institution. It's the only way. Don't waste a second more of your time with MSN. I hope this helps. There should be a class action lawsuit. If anyone knows how to proceed, it needs to happen.

• Fa
    Faye Duvall Mar 25, 2017

i have tried every which a way to contact msn download games ...i want to cancel...just came out today 6.95...who can help me... i can get my bank to deny payment... thanks

• Br
    Briar520 Mar 10, 2018

I wonder if the advertisers for msn free games realize how poorly the games work. There is so much lag and then yesterday I received a Trojan while playing Bubble mouse. It was a red screen saying it was from Microsoft Edge saying my computer was compromised and to freeze all accounts with a bogus phone number to call which turned out to be hackers from Nigeria.

Games Membership Cancellation

Approximately 18 months ago I took out a subscription with Oberon Media, through the MSN website. After a few months I realised that I did not use the service and went about trying to cancel the subscription. Have had absolutely no joy whatsoever, when trying to do it on their website the page just shuts down. VISA won't cancel as apparently I have to the company to cancel it. I emailed them (every couple of days), I after giving them the information requested, get further emails telling me that they need other information. Now they have asked for billing statements - which I have never had.
I am a complete loss at what to do now.

I wished I had looked at this site first before entering. Can anybody tell me how to CANCEL this membership. It may not seem that bad as it is £6.95 per month, however this has been going on for more than a year and I cannot keep affording to pay for something I do not want - it is not even like I am asking for a refund - which given the time that I attempted to cancel this membership is something that I think I should be entitled to.

I WANT TO WARN ANYBODY THINKING OF TAKING SUCH A MEMBERSHIP OUT - NOT TOO how many other people are they ripping off!!!

• Mo
    molly1910 Mar 29, 2010

I had a similar issue. You have to go to MSN and choose a game to buy. On that screen look for account faq link or customer service link. In one of the screens is the cancel membership link. I hope you are able to get it done.

• To
    Tony Goh Dec 10, 2012

I have had the same procedure happening to me! I was charged $6.95 for "minimum annual dues" for which I do not recall being there when I bought one game!! The credit card company said that the same charge was paid last year - which I cannot now recall - therefore they cannot cancel it (complaint older than 15 days) The Credit card Company does not have an address to give me - only a "dispute department phone number which cannot give any info - all must be done by email. Surely the there must be an address somewhere to write to for complaints or is this close to fraud as you can get without being charged?

Any suggestions on how to cancell everything without cancelling my credit card of more than ten years over $6.95?

Tony,

• To
    Tony Goh Dec 10, 2012

Same thing happened to me!

UNSUBSCRIBING

I HAVE BEEN VERY UNSUCESSFUL AT CANCELLING MY OBERON GAME SUBSCRIPTION, AND EVEN THOUGH I DISPUTED THE CHARGE WITH MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY AND GOT PART OF MY MONEY BACK THEY CONTINUE TO CHARGE MY CARD EVERY MONTH. I HAVE NOW CHANGED MY CARD NUMBER SO THAT THEY CAN NOT CHARGE TO IT ANYMORE. I HAVE LISTED THOSE CHARGES AS FAUDULENT AND REPORTED THEM TO THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU!!! P.S. THEY ARE NOW IN PARTNERS WITH YAHOO WHICH DOESN'T MAKE THEM ANY BETTER!

• Mo
    monica michael Jan 19, 2010

i subscribed 4 2 mnths to buy 2 gAMES FROM MSN oberon games and now they charge my card every 2 mnths and force me to retrieve games i dont want they never answer my specific reguest to cancel and just answer around it pls if any 1 knows the way tell me how to stop it...

• Sh
    shofer Jan 19, 2010

If you used your debit card, contact you bank and explain the problem. Ask them to issue you a new card with a different number. Same goes if you used a credit card. They will stop charging, because the number no longer exists. This situation happened to me in late 2009.

REMEMBER! if you have other companies that use that card for auto-pay (insurance, subscriptions, etc, ) they "will not" be able to access their money either. You will need to contact them with you new information.

If you gave them your checking account information like the routing and account number . That sucks, because you would need to close that account, and open a new one.

• Tr
    trixi52 Jan 26, 2010

An absolute rip off and terrible, terrible customer service. The games would never load and when I called to complain I was told my charges were not processing, but on the contrary. I was being charged twice each month - and getting nothing. Now, after FIVE months of this- I am dealing with the billing department that continues to remind me of the term and conditions. They obviously do not understand the games NEVER WORKED!!! BUYER BEWARE!

• De
    Debra Morris Dec 22, 2010

I agreed to purchase 2 games in a six month period. It took a month to be able to download the lst game and I have never been able to download the 2nd and they are taking the money out of my account. I have sent repeated emails without response. I want my six month term cancelled and a refund for the 2nd game I did not receive. I am contacting my bank to not let any more withdrawals be made from Oberon. "This is radiculous.

Cat Lover90234 Dec 22, 2010

You can also tell your bank that the company is defrauding you and that you wish to initiate a charge back.

Sarah Pegram Feb 17, 2011

I emailed oberon customer service, Telling them that my computer crashed.I have bought a LOT of games from them.I asked for them to send me my lost keys.they replied I should recieve all my registration keys for ALL my games by my email, with in 24 hours!!that was at least a week ago.No reply, no keys .I'm sick of the way this company treats its costomers especially when they spend alot of money.And why can't they do like for example "GAME FISH" they treat their customers right .no loading the keys yourself&if you lose the game you can EASILY get it back under your account 7 purchaces.BAHH OBERON!!!

• Ka
    karinjay41608 Mar 01, 2013

I purchased a game through oberon games. I had a couple problems with it at first they resolved the issue. Now I was having a problem with the game Build-A-Lot 4 in 1 Bundle so I uninstalled it then reinstalled it and now it pops up wait for your game to load. This has been doing it for a couple weeks now. I paid for the game and now I cant play it. I tried contacting Oberon Games and cant send them a e-mail or cant get a phone number to see what the problem might be.

• Dk
    dkhun27 May 15, 2013

I ORDER GAMES FROM OBERON THEY TOOK 6.95 A MONTH OUT OF MY DEBIT CARD FOR ONE YEAR.I CHANGED CABLE COMPANIES AND THEY WOULDN'T CHANGE WHERE TO SEND THE GAMES. I FEEL THEY OWE ME EITHER 11 GAMES OR A REFUND. MY E-MAIL ADDRESS IS [email protected]

• My
    Myrtle Snyder Aug 23, 2014

I purchased a game and played it for a very long time then my computer crashed, I have the CD that they sent me so I downloaded it and it will not take the key number that came with it, but of course you can not get in touch with oberon unless you want to BUY another. I have tried the phone number's and get told no longer in service.

Oberon Media GameSaver Subscription

Our lawyers are investigating potential claims on behalf of worldwide consumers against Oberon Media ("Oberon" or the "Company") relating to the Company's GameSaver Subscription Internet Cy.

On November 30, 2009, a class action complaint was filed against the Company in the United States District Court for the Central District of California, Case No. CV 09-8764 JFW (AGRx). The complaint alleges that Oberon Media engaged in unfair, unlawful and fraudulent business practices with respect to the GameSaver Subscription by, among others, charging consumers for subscription that they did not order, charging unauthorized charges on their credit cards, double billing for games, and making it impossible to cancel the subscription without paying an illegal penalty.

If you or someone you know have any information, or if you have any questions about this lawsuit, please contact us.

Michael Kim & Associates
Email: [protected]@mhklawyers.com
Phone: [protected]
3699 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 860
Los Angeles, CA 90010

• My
    my account Oct 10, 2009

I signed up for the gamsaver subscription with the understanding that I would be charged $6.95 a month. This is the second month that I have been charged double. I can't afford the double fee.

Charlie Dominoski Apr 02, 2010

I am having a whole bunch of trouble canceling a subscription to a gamesaver game. the purchase order is 27986127 . My E-Mail address is [email protected] My name is Richard Dominoski.

Inability

Cannot find this company, no phone, nothing!! They've charged my bank card TWICE. when i typr them into the http, and go to the appropriate tab to click, it comes back as an unsafe site !!! No one has money to waste these days, but, i sub-sist on SSI and this was supposed to be a present for my daughter to enjoy as she is mentally challenged...

• Do
    dourlens May 20, 2012

J'ai acheté plusieurs jeux et impossible de les télécharger sur mon nouvel ordi, impossible de joindre qui que ce soit, c'est lamentable

GAMESAVER SUBSCR INTERNET CY

Oberon/MSN Free Games. They offer me a free game every one or two months but they then are charging me $10.83/month. I didn't join anything. I only have played their free online games. I joined once a long time ago, like 10 years ago, but quit a few months later. Then about a year ago, they started emailing me telling me as a member I could download free games every month or so with no strings attached. That was confusing so I didn't do anything at first, but they kept coming. I researched it and felt it was on the up n up with big names like MSN Games and such. Then after the charges on my bank account started coming, I tried to track them down, and the email/web address finally dead ended in Cyprus with a very small address at the bottom of the webpage in very light gray lettering with a NY, NY/Oberon-Cyprus address. I've tried to get anyone at MSN Games because they have a business relationship with Oberon Games or MSNBCs attention, but no luck. What can I do? Should I talk to my Pre-Paid Legal Attorney?

• Ho
    hosanna97 Nov 16, 2009

I authorized charges to my account for one game - a total of $29.95. Oberon/MSN Games has now made 3 additional unauthorized withdrawals from my account. When I try to access the website with my password, it states it is not recognized. I can find no contact phone number, nor find a way to contact them any other way. I will spread the word far and wide so that others will not be taken in on this scam . . . . . . and I WILL NOT GIVE UP on finding a way to put an end to this!!!

• Hello,

This is Oberon Media Customer Support. It appears that you’re having difficulty with your subscription and unauthorized charges.

In order for us to assist you, could you please send us an email [email protected] we’ll get back to you quickly.
    (Please ask for your email to be handled by Rebecca)

We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to resolve your issue as soon as possible.

Oberon Media Customer Support

• Bi
    bigb123 Jul 10, 2010

no complaints would just like to cancel my account and stop the payments thank you

• Bi
    bigb123 Jul 10, 2010

look forward to your reply

• Hu
    hugdawny22 Apr 23, 2012

Hi I had to redo my computer and lost all my games I bought from pogo or should say on pogo . I've tried to download and enter my #'s for the games but they wont even take my new email Even Thu I've changed it with club pogo . Then I tried with old email still no luck . How do I get everyone of my games back or money back one or the other ?

subscription cancelation

i have had problems for over 6 mths now trying to cancel my subscription to this company first subscription was for 12 mnths where by i only recived half the games and due to my computer blowing up was unable to log into my email that i regestered from i sent them another email saying that i wanted to cancel my account the problem was every time i went to log into my email fror some reason msn would not regester as a current email so i could not send a account stop email to cancel my subscription finaly last month i sent a email saying what was wrong and they said they will stop account now and this monyh i still am getting billed how and what do i do

want to cancel

I signed up for a 6 month subscription and it has been much longer than that, although the charges are still showing up on my card. I want it cancelled and credited ASAP.

• Hello,

This is Oberon Media Customer Support. It appears that you’re having difficulty canceling your subscription.

In order for me to assist you, could you please send us an email to [email protected] and we’ll get back to you quickly. (Please request Rebecca K. to handle.)

Best Regards,
    Oberon Media Customer Support.

carole klaver Jan 25, 2010

hi my name is carole klaver I just bought windows 7 I have to games 1.jewelQ uest no2 is jewel Quest 11 they wont loadon my computter I look it up on iwin .com it said they should work but they dont is their some way I can get the up dates as how to load them or some sort of ree software to get to install them. my e-mail address is [email protected]

carole klaver Jan 25, 2010

I bought a game from you but I haven't gottin it yet it is antlantis bundle on jewel Quest two it says 21kocls on jewel Quest it says pc cd-rom e is their any free soft wear for these. they instill but wont play the games

• Ju
    Judy Sheets Nov 12, 2010

Download Issues [101109-000294] I am still unable to get these games to download. I tried everything you told me to do to no avail. . It is not displaying no messages or nothing so I do not know what to do. I know I hate to keep paying for something that I cannot get. [email protected]

• Gr
    Greene8577 Dec 06, 2011

I am trying to cancel my oberon media membership. I have been charged $6.95 a month for multiple months but when I try to get a game it tells me I don't have a membership.

• Re
    reject Feb 23, 2012

we have got pogo games on our computer and now that pogo has changed there games we cant play them it keeps coming up saying error and we really like the games and we have tryed everything that we can think of to fix the problem and we would like them to be taking care of or we would like our money back

• Re
    reject Feb 23, 2012

we have pogo downloading games and it keeps coming up saying error and we cant play we would like to figure out what is going on with the games or we want or money back

• Mi
    Michael Borbon Apr 09, 2016

bought games from Oberon and Iplay cancelled my subscription because I was having problems downloading. fast forward got a new computer tried to download my games and say's I have to buy again, I have about 50 games that I can't download, when I signed up it said the games were mine forever, I went to iplay web site went to my games I have purchased and it only should 7 games, I have all the emails I got from them with activation instruction and keys and when I I click on the download link it takes me from site to site. to site and finally wind up on the oberon Media games and then I have to sign in and can not just download the games I own, so what is up with this, Have emailed them several times and either I don't get a response or just the run around. I think that I am entitled to a refund.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices