MRI Macanthony RealtyMisselling

L

Inbrief misselling of properties, untruths on rentals, mortgages, starter packs and size of apartments. Taking deposits and offering very little after sales service, unless you paid again for their aftersales, which I was told was also non existent.

Sales staff left on a regular basis and queries were never followed up or passed onto collegues. Introduced us to supossedly independant lawyers who were not independant and whom we did no believe were working in our best interests.

Basically left to deal with lies and being unable to complete once actual figures became clear leaving us thousands of pounds out of pocket and in debt.

Anne hanley Jun 03, 2009

We purchased a property in Portugal in 2006 from MRI, in October 2008 we paid 3650 euros to MRI to organize the renting of our property, to date we have received nothing and we cannot get any information from MRI. They never return phone calls or e mails

• Mr
    MR I nvestor Mar 30, 2009

Most of us are trying to co-ordinate our activities against MRI through MRI Support Group who you can email at;

[email protected]

The group is amounting to +200 as reported to me. It would see a good meeting point to start something much bigger.

• Dd
    DDR262 Mar 26, 2009

All

Please raise your voice and account of your experience with the Serious Fraud Office. I have also been a victim of their scam with commiting to buying a off plan property through them, I now want the Euro 45ooo of staged payments I have made to date.

This fraudulant company who hide behind many names/faces:
    MRI
    MacAnthony Realty International Ltd
    MacAnthony Realty International
    MacAnthony Realty International Construction 1 (or 2 or 3)
    MacAnthony Realty Construction 1 (or 2 or 3)
    DCC Properties

They have deveived many UK investors and with falsefied information and ruined the livelihood for most, I will be raising my concerns with the SFO and also looking to get the government involved. Everyone should do the same and raise the profile of this, it has gone on long enough.

• Mg
    MGT Mar 22, 2009

I've had similar bad experience and hace setup my own website to start sharing my experiences ...

You can use this to get in touch.

Thanks.

• Ra
    Rapunzel Mar 18, 2009

Don't ever tough MRI!

Their prices are inflated
    They charge you one price for furniture then ask you for more money when your property is complete. When you ask for your money back they refuse to return a penny of it.
    Why do you think they're based in MARBELLA???
    They are crooks, that's why!!!

Janine Robinson Jan 29, 2009

Under no circumstances buy MRI After Sales it is a complete sham

• Ra
    rani Dec 04, 2008

we totally agree we have had nothing but problems since buying through mri.the after sales is nonexistant unless selling furniture packs, which we did buy and was a shambles.we tried to sell 1 property with mri we thought it was on market until 5months later we found out this wasnt the case as they didnt have a resales team in that region.we hve now a problem that the 1st property we bought is not rented or sold so we are in a position of difficulty where we are now going to lose alarge sum of money put down on a 2nd property because we are not willing to plough any more of oursavings into empty promises.Boy do we feel stupid

• La
    lamarsa Dec 04, 2008

I totally agree with the complaint and have had the same experiences with their aftersales, rentals and furniture pack. I also have been tolad to find a independent lawyer and complain to trading standards. You also never get paid for your referrals. They have a good sales force but their aftersales and so called rentals are a shambles

mark smith Nov 17, 2008

i have met many people with similar exsperiences