Mr. RooterOvercharged for dishwasher installation

O

We needed a dishwasher installed and I called Sears ($150), Home Depot ($140) and a contractor ($150) to get a quote. I thought it would be easier to use a plumbing service because I also had to get a couple of lines snaked.

I called Mr. Rooter accidentally, (I meant to call Rotor Rooter as I have had great service with them every time) and asked them what they charge for a dishwasher install. The lady told me that they don't have a set cost, they go by time. Seeing as I had 3 other consistent quotes, I was confident that the cost would be close to that.

They were suppose to arrive between 11am and 100pm. I called at 1:30 to see when they would be arriving. He lady said shortly.

The (unqualified) technician showed up with his backpack at 1:43pm. The install took him less than an hour. He went to snake our pipes and at this point (because he was late, I had to leave and my partner stayed to settle payment).

I got home at 5:30 to find out that we had been charged 259.53. The technician showed my partner THE PRICING BINDER, that apparently didn't exist when I called to get a quote. Shady. Unfortunately she paid the bill!

I called Mr. Rooter immediately and wouldn't you know it, they turn their phones off for the weekend. So I called Monday morning and spoke with the same lady and told her my issue and she said didn't they show you the binder. I was like yes, you told me there wasn't a binder I never would have hired you!! Then she said I would have to speak to the owner, Ryan who wasn't is right now.

He wasn't in Tuesday apparently either. On Wednesday Ryan had to run out of the office to get ink for the printer as the lady told me they ran out.

After his office supply run, Ryan finally called me back and I was again reminded of the binder. Ryan stuttered a few times and said that was the price and didn't I use he $20 coupon...um what? Nice hidden jack fee! He then told me he didn't want customers like me. I think he meant customers who know the industry price.

Buyer beware do not use Mr. Rooter thinking that you are using the other company with a name that is close but actually a total miss and scam.