Mr. HandymanDo not use them!

Not worth my money!
Window frame came apart - it took Chad of waukesha, WI 5 minutes to run two screw through it. He did not have glazing - how do you not have glazing if you know you are coming to repair a window?! Now I have to get someone else to finish the window.
Since I was paying by the hour, I had him repair a latch on the garden gate. He screwed in a 6' piece of wood - shabby shabby shabby!
And he charged me $20 for materials! 4 screws and a piece of throw-away wood cost $20!! When I scheduled this appointment, dispatch did not tell me anything about materials being extra - for $146/hour, 4 screws should've been included.
All in all, it was lousy work and bad service.
Do not use them!

Chris I123 May 13, 2013

Working in the contracting and building business for over 40 years i can tell you first hand from personnel hands on experience, doing any handyman type of work is never a cut and dried sort of job . It is truly impossible to do small repairs all the time and have current access to materials and hardwares to match what your working on. Honestly when hireing a handyman you have to be willing to compromise. I think most people call to save money but in actuality if you want professional results on some of this type of work it needs to be torn out totally for a complete professional remodel . I find many people are just not willing to spend the money to do it right and end up with this ( handy man ) quality. Bottom line is dont expect miracles when you hire any handyman types of companies, its close to impossible to match all your needs

• Ta
    tarek Aug 14, 2011

I used Mr. Handyman in Murphy, Texas. They came out saw that I needed a piece of wood, went to the store for an hour and that cost me $90 for a store visit 5 minutes away. They did forty five minutes of work and then waited three hours for the paint to dry before finishing. Those three hours of waiting cost me an additional $270. What a joke. What a crooked company. Total bill for forty-five real work minutes, $490. Repair was lousy.

• Ku
    Kubim Jun 30, 2010

First off very expensive . employees or techs do not have the 10 years of experience as advertised. they operate on up selling...

• Va
    Vabler Jan 25, 2010

Not only was the work sub-par, the local owner / operator…BOB (Wayne, NJ), was rude and condescending. NEVER, EVER use this company.

• Ek
    Eko Dec 24, 2009

This afternoon I called Mr. Handyman because I had three major jobs that I needed to have done. After being on hold for several seconds I was informed that there was no one available and I needed to call back. Not very likely. They could have at least provided the means for me to leave a message for a call back. Hardly professional. Not impressed.