Montage Furniture Servicesclaim

L Review updated:

I don't even know where to start with this company. All I can suggest to you is to complain to the BBB about them. I have been going on and on with these people for at least 2 months now. I rushed home the day the appointment was set up only to have the technician leave after 20 minutes. He did not clean everything, just one little stain. Then the company tells me that I should get a general cleaning. If only 2 spots are dirty exactly why would I get the entire sectional cleaned? I have a 9 piece sectional and if only 2 pieces are dirty how do they get that the entire thing is dirty? I'm sure it was because he came at 4:30 and then wanted to leave. I have been calling everyday and they promise to get back to me, noone ever calls you back. Then there is a frame broken on another piece of furniture that I bought and they ripped the cloth off to take pictures and never even put it back on. what terrible customer service and work. This nonsense that they call a company shoudl be out of business. All they do is rob you of $200. I would like my money back. If they do this type of work to me and after reading all these complaints, I will NEVER AGAIN purchase a protection plan with this company. It clearly states on the contract that they clean stains except for bleach and also that they fix the framing to the furniture. WHAT A LIE AND A RIP OFF - STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY AND I SUGGEST TO ALL OF YOU WHO DO HAVE PROBLEMS - CONTACT THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU, THAT IS WHAT I AM DOING AND I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!

• Cl
    clyde barrow Jul 17, 2017

I filed a BBB complaint last year against Montage, not that they were going to do anything about it. When I'd called them to service my furniture under their insurance, they will, I have to say, pretty responsive. It was that it was handled in a manner that made it seem the village idiot was in charge. Matched furniture repair to a picture of the furniture instead of a swatch of material - which was available. What you need to be most aware of is that complaining about them causes someone in their office to start sending you SPAM on your phone via texting. And it will go on non-stop. Have recently filed a motion for a trap and trace on the true outgoing number they're using --- which is how we know it is them. Legal action awaits. Just need them to call a few more times to make the case. They must not have much to do there in South Dakota to have time for such childish nonsense.

ChiomaA Jun 30, 2021

@clyde barrow My furniture is still under warranty. I suggest we look for an attorney for a class action. This company needs to be investigated and I am ready and willing to testify. I still have all my documentation and my warranty is still open. This is just a daylight robbery. Please let me keep this going. Hopefully, we will have a whistleblower: my policy # is PMCTB23710900X

• Da
    Darrell Heichelbech May 22, 2017

Unbelievable. You must report the damage within 30 days of the incident or it's not covered. What difference does it make when the table was nicked> I will not buy another Montage protection plan. I guess it's best to lie to them and say the damage happened the previous day, then it would be covered. Unacceptable customer service.

• Mi
    Michelle Dunbar Apr 20, 2017

Bought a two-piece sectional in October of 2016. It was torn (not sure how; assuming something was caught in the fabric). Submitted a claim to MFS, that was promptly denied, because they claimed it was scratched and not torn. When I called to tell them it was torn and not scratched, I was advised to take a new photo holding the tear open to prove it was torn. I did as instructed, submitted the new photo, and the claim was denied AGAIN, because they claimed that it wasn't originally torn, and so the tear is "secondary damage" (basically, they're saying I further damaged the couch that I"M STILL PAYING FOR, just to get it repaired for free). Mortgage Furniture Services is a scam. It's set up to take your money and then deny your claims.
    DO NOT do business with this company. If you buy furniture from a store who uses this company DO NOT buy the protection plan, as you will be throwing your money away. Next to the BBB, and then to every furniture store in town to spread the word about these scam artists.

Mary F L Aug 11, 2016

After reading all the complaints on page 1 of numerous pages and several additional categories of complaints, I am left wondering how this company can still be in business? What is the BBB doing to stop this company from fraudulent business practices? My situation involves a cat urine "stain" on a dark brown, plush sofa. The only "evidence" this company will accept to "prove" the stain exists is visual e.g. they want a photograph. No one can detect a cat urine stain visually on a dark brown, plush sofa--not even a person with super human visual acuity! So, I am left with them sending out a technician twice to clean the section where the cat peed. The sofa fabric feels different where the "stain" is located, and of course the smell is still there ("we don't cover odor"). So, if one were to pull back the fabric and see discoloration, which is what the company should do, then what would they do to remedy the situation? After I expressed that the stain was not resolved, they have it documented as resolved. I have lived with this stain section of furniture that no one will sit on because it is disgusting. I purchased the protection plan to "protect" myself from an situation like this--believing that the company would replace the furniture as it states in the protection plan. After 18 months of cajoling by my family, I tried to get the company to respond to rectify the stain. Now they say, according to the protection plan, I waited too long. Same stain, same poor customer service. Had I looked on line before purchasing this plan, I would NEVER, I repeat--NEVER, have purchased it. BBB where are you???? And, by the way, there is a comment on the first page of complaints that uses the "F" word in defense of this company. What a terrible example of this company's tactics to respond to these complaints using inappropriate language to try to detract consumers from the REAL issue, their practices and poor customer service!

• Mo
    #montageisaripoff Jul 16, 2016

I am very disappointed in both ashley furniture and this so called protection plan company. I am very meticulous in the care of all my furnishings. And upon contacting this service, they state that it is normal wear and tear on my part. For the fabric to come unraveled at the seams. So basically all they do is rip you off. And contacting Ashley furniture is no help, all they state is we can't make them do anything on their part we just sell the policy. Well why would you associate your business with a company that is ripping people off. Are you getting some type of cut for the policy.

Jamie Thompson Jun 14, 2016

Question! I had a good experience with Montage my problem now is with Ashley Furniture... Montage gave us a credit with Ashley for the amount of our table! Great! Now Ashley says we need to bring it when we pick up our new one which we had to get a different one cause it so happens the table we had is discontinued! Why should Ashley furniture get our table when they get all the money from our other table?!

janwilliams48 Mar 21, 2016

This is the worst excuse for an extended warranty co. ever. I submitted a claim and received a letter from Montage on 1-4-16 and still having to deal with them 3-20-16. Between Carol House in St. Louis, MO and Montage Furniture services they are terrible at consumer service. They pass the problem to the other company and nothing ever gets done. If they think I'm going to give up, they are badly mistaken. I will continue to call them everyday until they complete my claim and fix my furniture. On Jan.7, 2016 I went to Carol House looking for other furniture and at that time I submitted a claim for a automatic reclining loveseat, I had purchased from them, and that had stopped working. The $969.00 recliner (ordered 2) was next to new and I had purchased $199.00 protection plan. When you need to use the service, they pass the buck back and for claiming I needed to talk with the other company. They finally sent a technician out to see what was needed, and I received an email stating the part had been ordered and would be sent to me and I would have to call them when it arrived. After not receiving the part after two weeks I contacted Montage and was told Carol House had to order the part. According to emails I received, Carol House had ordered the wrong part and it needed to submit again and that was the reason I hadn't received the part. More time passed and the part finally arrived. Called Montage to tell them and said a technician will call to set up appointment. Technician came but couldn't install it because it was the wrong part and took the part with him. Call Montage and was passed to Carol House with no success. It was the blame game. Finally called Lane Furniture Co.(manufacturer of the leather loveseat) and finally talked to someone who cared. After giving him the serial number he had all the information he needed and within two three days called to tell me that UPS would be delivering the part that day and to call Montage to set up an appointment. That was four days ago. They called to setup an appointment on GOOD FRIDAY(between 1-3) and I couldn't-would be at church. Called Montage this morning and was told I needed to wait for a technician to call to get a new appointment. Between Carol House and Montage Furniture Services I will never use these companies again, and they call this customer service, what a joke! As someone mentioned, I will be filing a complain with BBB.

janwilliams48 Mar 21, 2016

Tired of trying to get montage to fix my furniture--I already have a claim and you do is pass the buck and haven't fixed the problem claim started 1-1-16.

• Pi
    PissedOff Texan Mar 04, 2016

Having same issues with Ashley and Montage denying claims. We were told warranty covered scratches, rips, and other cushion issues by Ashley. When we tried to process a claim because our dog scratched our leather love seat claim was denied. Now our cushion foam has broken down and both Ashley and Montage are denying claim. Both companies are liars and scammers. They want your money but provide poor quality furniture and horrible customer service. We will NEVER buy from Ashley and certainly will not buy a warranty through Montage.

• Ri
    Rick Smurzynski Feb 27, 2016

I recently submitted a furniture claim for a torn couch with montague furniture insurance. They said my claim was covered, and had said the new fabric was being shipped out, and when it arrived, contact ashley home furnishings to have it installed. About a week later, I received a denial letter, saying it was not covered. So it has almost been a month since the start of the claim, and I have called several times, again with them saying it was covered, and again receiving denial letters. Please help

• Ka
    Karen Watson Feb 23, 2016

One item was affected. Model; B473-39 Brand AFI Media Chest /Mira/Almost Black [protected] Brand MFSE LITE $650 to $799. I knocked a little piece of mold off the lower my media center on the left side. Cause of damage was an encounter with the vacuum cleaner. Incident occurred on 2/111/16.
    Furniture Information Type Wooded media center Serial/ACK#630108VSUE C1#432757 Z: NOR Service Request Information damaged molding left corner @ the bottom. Noticed problem on 2/11/16. I went to my local Ashely Furniture Store to see if a repair kit was available. Instead I got the information to file a claim and I also checked too see if the same Media Center is in stock @ the Florissant, MO store.
    My preferred phone # is [protected] & my preferred email address is [email protected] you may
    call me anytime. Karen D. Watson. PMCZTA1070372 Claim ID:PM1545740

• Ms
    mshain Aug 20, 2015

Crooks!!!

• Lu
    Luka from Brooklyn Jul 13, 2015

I could go on telling my story about Ashley and Montage but I will sound like a broken record, because I have experienced most of the problems of the people who left a complaint about them. In short DONT buy from Ashley and for sure DONT waste your money on the extended protection plan because if you really read each and every fine print word on the contract you would not purchase it anyway. Because if the wind is not blowing N/W and the time of day is not exactly 12:43 AM when the problem happened you will not be covered. What I am trying to get across is that the stipulations of the coverage is not and never will be feasible, and that is exactly how they planned it. Please someone tell me why we don't do the research on the company that we spend a lot of money on until after the fact. And they know it...

• Un
    unoerudite Jun 24, 2015

Never buy protection plan from ashleys, their protection plans and their furniture are a waste. My sofa lost its resiliency and Montage says they cover only things that are broken. Too much time spent for this kind of result.

• Lp
    LPYoung May 09, 2015

I purchased the protection plan and have only had one problem and that was my fault because I did not notice the statement in the plan that states that a problem has to be reported in a specific amount of time.
    I purchased a plan on a sofa and love seat in 2009, had a problem with a hole in the fabric in 2011. My furniture was no longer made, so I was able to reselect both the sofa and love seat. I again bought a protection plan and in Feb. of this year I had a problem with the recliner mechanism being bent. The fabric on the foot rest is pulling apart because of the bend and needs replaced. Once again my sofa is no longer manufactured and I was able to reselect a new sofa and love seat. I paid $163 for a protection plan, used the furniture for 2 years and can now select new. I think it was worth buying the plan. Best part is that I was able to keep the furniture that was being replaced. I could not use the old furniture but knew someone who could.

• Je
    JennaR Apr 19, 2015

I recently had a terrible experience with Montage as well. A few months ago, my husband and I noticed that our pull-out mattress had a spring coming out of it. (The mattress is still wrapped in plastic.) He called Montage, and they refused to fix it because we didn't call within a two-week period. They said this should have been in our service plan. We NEVER received a service plan. The only information we had was the papers Ashley gave us when we purchased our furniture, which only stated what was covered. Obviously, we would have called within the two-week period if we had known. We were very upset by this. I spoke to several workers over a two week period, including two supervisors. They would not budge on this, even though the mattress has clearly not been used (still in plastic) and I did not receive the service plan. They insisted they sent it out. The only thing they would do for us is recommend the person they would have used to fix it at FULL price. The supervisor my husband spoke to said they would e-mail us the service agreement for future issues 6 days ago. We HAVEN'T received it AGAIN. These people lie, so that they can save money. They clearly want other people to lie and say something happened within the past two weeks because they don't respond to honesty (like how I never received the service agreement and shouldn't be penalized for that). I had a good experience with Ashley, but I am not sure if I would purchase furniture from them again because of Montage.

• Ke
    kelslynn1028 Jan 30, 2015

Purchased a 4 poster bed from Ashley furniture in 2012 and was told by our sales person that pet damage specifically is covered. She went so far as to say that your cat could pee on the bed frame and they would come replace it. We were planning on getting pets so we instantly thought it was a good idea. Our cat put scratches in the frame and we called to file a warranty claim and Montage told us pet damage was specifically not covered. We were not happy. They told us they only cover accidental damage and normal wear and tear. We later called back to say we had damage from wear and tear and they are telling us that it's not covered now. Then we told them we have damage to the frame from when we moved from our apartment to our new house and they are saying that is not covered either. I would like to know why the he** I paid for the warranty if they aren't going to cover anything?! This company is the biggest joke! I will NEVER buy a warranty policy from them again.

• Aj
    aj larson Jan 15, 2015

Montage and Ashley are a complete joke! Thank god I only bought a recliner. I have been waiting for 6 weeks for parts to show and I come to find out that they were never ordered. Montage and Ashley both blame each other.
    Avoid both of these companies like the plague!

• Di
    Diana BINKLEY Dec 15, 2014

We have had our Bedroom suit for less than 3years and the varnish is coming off in different spots, they are calling it ware related, Ware related??? What does that mean Its not even 3years old. Must be something in the air I dont lay on it or wear it. I told them might be condensation from glass of water or a spill and they said their are no water marks. to prove it. UHA??? Rip off company and I plan to take to court.

• Pr
    Primetime scam Dec 04, 2014

I also purchased the 5 yr warranty ans was denied coverage when I reported scratches in my leather section the scratches did penetrate the surface and I was still denied coverage, I think this company just scams people after reading all the online complaints. Anyone know a lawyer interested in a class action?

• Pj
    PJ Burns Powell Oct 17, 2014

We filed a claim with MFS in March 2014. We opted for credits to apply towards buying another couch from Texas Gallery Furniture. We have been told for almost 8 months now by John at Texas Gallery Furniture that they have not been able to fulfill the order because they have not been able to release the funds to pay the supplier. When we went back to MFS to get the money for the warranty instead, we were told by a supervisor that they have already paid the claim to Texas Gallery Furniture, they cannot help us, and we would have to take it up with them. HOWEVER, the supervisor at MFS clearly stated that MFS's policy was that they do not pay any claims unless the furniture store provided them with proper documentation that the replacement couch was Ordered and DLEIVERED. This "documentation" could never have been supplied to MFS because the couch was never deliverd. I asked the MFS supervisor for the documentation or proof that it was delivered so they could pay the claim to Texas Gallery Furniture. I also asked her for the date that this supposed delivery to us occurred. She could not provide me with that. Additionally she stated that MFS would not provide me with it unless I hired a lawyer and they requested it. REALLY?! I am the customer, I paid for the warranty, and I have to pay a lawyer to get the documentation that cannot even exist since the couch was never delivered. MFS should honor the warranty we paid for and pay us the pay out offer from it.

Anne25 Sep 09, 2014

I'm about to file a claim with Montage and want to know the best way to go about it. We have cat scratches which I know they will not cover and also sun damage on the back of one of my sectionals. Will this be covered?? We just moved and our sectional doesn't fit into our new house so its sitting in our garage right now being wasted. we're probably going to sell it but I want to see if Montage will offer us anything first. SO what is the best way tto get them to cover a claim? Will they cover cat urine??

• Dg
    DG123 Sep 06, 2014

Horrible experience with Ashley and MFS warranty company in new jersey. Would never recommend them and would caution anyone buying their protection plan. We had some minor scratches and tears on our reclining sofa set. We contacted MFS for the repair work. They are very slow in responding and we had to constantly call them each day to get and update. Reply would always be we will get back to you in two to three Business day after they send the claim material to the supervisor. You call next day to enquire and it will still be the same response . One person would tell you they have forwarded the information to the technical reviewer and the other person would say we have not forwarded yet and will forward now and will take further two to three days. After almost a month they come back and say it is damage that is accumulated over time and can't do anything. Moreover the customer service people are very insensitive and would not be helpful at all. They seem to be trained to be as rude as possible to their customer. You get responses like this is damage accumulate over time and that scratches as tear are not covered when it clearly mentions in the protection plan that these are covered. Even after repeatedly requesting them to send their technical reviewer to review the damages they would not send one and. Would just look at the photos to decide. Instead they would want us to send all pics and then say these pics are not good and send again and again. Definitely a non professional and fraud company is MFS and Ashley furniture. Would definitely not recommend them and would be taking this matter to the consumer court.

• Hy
    hyawatha Aug 13, 2014

I communicated with the CEO, who actually answered my e-mail. He acknowledged that my issues should and could have been dealt with more professionally and apologised for the problems. I have to say this knocked me off my feet, because all too often CEOs regard themselves to be far to important to communicate with the plebs. Therefore, I would suggest that all of those of you who have complaints, bypass the monkeys and go straight to the organ grinder. Some of your issues are with the Ashley store from whence your furniture came, again, bypass the monkeys go straight to the organ grinder.

Jane1968 Aug 12, 2014

I got scammed and bought the warranty. They will not cover anything [redacted]ing to BBB salesperson said peace of mind will cover spills stains tears rips NOOOOOO

Jane1968 Aug 12, 2014

just scammed myself rip off I am contacting BBB

• Hy
    hyawatha Jul 02, 2014

I wrote to the CEO: There is a common thread here!

Dear Mr Salmon,

I am writing to dispel any misguided perception that your company agents may have, since they are clearly under your training and orders.

I will set the scene for you: In April of this year, the sofa (part of a set of sofa and love seat) reclining mechanism failed catastrophically. We had bought this set due to my husband suffering an arthritic back, and indeed whilst the lack of service provided by Montage FS, was ongoing, my husbands gait has worsened and he is in considerably more pain.The hoops that Montage expected us to jump through to honour our warranty was bad enough, but on top of that, the time Montage wanted us to wait to have our furniture looked at was horrendous. The first person I talked to who gave a date in June, assured me that in view of my husbands back issues (he has 2 discs removed, and has metal scaffolding) that an earlier date would be expedited, But that was a lie, and I had to make further calls to get a date of 22nd May. Well the guy came out and ordered a part. I did not hear anything, so called again, to be told the furniture had been discontinued by Ashley.This is where it gets even more interesting. I was then offered half the amount I initially paid for the sofa and was told how I could have the full original price of the sofa, if I went into the store from whence I bought the furniture but how this would be a really bad idea because it would take a lot of paperwork and would be really difficult for me. I chose to go into the store, because we needed a new reclining sofa! and paperwork be dammed! and I bought a warranty for the full cost! I was also asked about the love seat, I ex;pressed that although it functioned at the moment I was sure it would be a problem in the future.

We went into Ashley's with the original paperwork and the authourisation for the $800+ that we had paid for the sofa. The only problems we had with the paperwork was your company's Mr Salmon, you see we had warrantied the furniture set and since it had been discontinued, we were entitled to replace the set. The Manager of Ashley's called Montage and then I had to call. Same inane offer 1/2 the original value or full original value in the shop. No further attempts at deception to coerce me into accepting the former offer.

I wanted answers as to why Montage were willing to deceive their customers in such a disgusting way and asked to have a supervisor call. Her answer was misinformed and clearly she was grasping at straws she stated that customers would often prefer to be paid for the broken item. Poppycock Mr Salmon, I was not given any more choices than the 1 piece of a set, with every attempt to dissuade me of replacing in store. I was given no choice, I was short changed, I was lied to and there is no evidence that Montage tried to honour their agreement. I would like to hear your excuse for this. It lead to unnecessary delay which impacted negatively on my husband, which is disgraceful. Ashley's managed to have the new furniture delivered, 1 week after it was ordered, which was last Wednesday, kudos to them, shame on you.

• Do
    Don't trust 'me Jun 30, 2014

People it happen to me too...just cancel the warrant and get the prorated amount spent on the warranty back!

• Be
    Bec in TN May 06, 2014

In March 2012, we purchased a leather electric reclining dual seat loveseat from Knoxville Wholesale Furniture in Knoxville, TN. At that time, we purchased the 5 year warranty from Montage furniture Service Center.
    In the past 6 months, the leather on only one seat has faded from saddle to yellowish in places and in the past 2 weeks, the seat is now broken and when you sit on it, it sinks. You can also feel the wood through the cushioned area of the back and seat. I was just able to find our original receipt from Knoxville Wholesale Furniture and called Montage for repair/replacement. After speaking with Luciana and giving her all my information, she stated that our claim was not within a certain time limit and that they would not open a claim. I have a call into Knoxville Wholesale Furniture as a follow up to this complaint. While speaking with Luciana, I requested (and received) the name and address of Montage's CEO...Alan Salomon (for anyone else who would like to communicate directly with this gentleman) I will be contacting our attorney regarding this situation as we purchased the warranty with the express promise that 'Montage will repair/replace ANYTHING WITHIN the 5 year warranty period. No one informed us that we had to report anything other than within that time frame of 5 years. From what I'm reading here, this company is scamming hundreds of people...I guess they really don't care about their reputation... Oh, and by the way, I WILL be reporting this to the BBB (who erroneously gave this company A+ rating...) For those of you who
    got good results, feel entitled because this is NOT the service most of us received!

• Tr
    trig123 Mar 27, 2014

So many of these complaints are based on people not reading the warranty.
    They are going by what they were told by the store selling them the warranty.
    Then they get upset with the warranty company. If your told "it covers everything"
    and you believe it. Then maybe you learned a costly lesson.
    Warranties are only as good as the store selling them.

• Ki
    kimiparrish Jan 22, 2014

Montage Furniture Services is by far the biggest joke I have EVER come across. I purchased my furniture and protection plan 2 years ago and had a 5 year protection plan. I submitted a claim and finally had a tech come out to repair the portion of the claim MFS said they would repair. The tech stated he would have to order the part for my leather sofa and soon left. Two weeks later, I receive notice from MFS they were NOT going to cover my rip repair because it was worse than when I originally filed the claim 2 months prior to them stating they were sending out a tech to fix the problem. They have stated per my warranty, certain repairs were not covered, yet I have recorded one of their own reps telling me that EVERYTHING was covered by the plan and have a letter and email from them clearly stating they were going to repair the rip not send out a tech to inspect the problem. I have asked to have a supervisor contact me back..they said it would take up to 48 hours...well, it's been 2 weeks and still haven't heard a word from them...PLEASE PLEASE do NOT WASTE your money on a warranty protection plan that you will NEVER be able to use...

• Ly
    Lynn Vivian Dec 16, 2013

First off let me say that Ashley Furniture is nothing but junk. I bought a recliner couch and have nothing but trouble since the day i bought it 4 years ago. MFS and the protection plan is nothing but a rip off as well. You read what is covered thinking that you will be fine but then read what is not covered and you get frustrated by the contradiction. I have a small rip on the foot rest of the couch and because I cannot tell them how it happened they are saying it is because of normal wear. That is ridiculous. So, I guess I should have lied and said my spiked high heels caused the damage and then they would have fixed it. When I purchased the plan the sales person assured me that everything will be covered. I am so tried of getting ripped off...enough...

• Je
    Jessica121 Sep 10, 2013

They are a big scam and dont ever repair any furniture damaged. Just a big scam.

• Br
    Brenda Gipson Smith Sep 08, 2013

Brenda S.
    I purchased a recliner and sofa in chocolate leather- the chair and the sofa are both peeling on the top, the cushions on the sofa are also peeling. I was told this is not covered by the Montage warranty. After many phone calls I received some fabric in the mail, and was advised to have it repaired at my own expense. I feel like this is a rip off I paid $129.99 for the coverage and was told by the salesman that it covered everything. I wish the salesman had been more up front up me, I would not have purchased from them.

• 12
    123456furn Aug 13, 2013

I think its extremely funny how people react with patience. To the guy who stated that you werent in the system and you magically appeared after awhile. Its becuase the CSR is still searching by the info you gave them. And if you read your plan it states in the protection plan under what is not covered letter Q Damage caused by pets other than bodily fluids. It doesnt take a genius to figure that out and since you had all the info infront of you, you should have seen that. To all the people who complain about the service and how long things take to get resolved. The technicians sub contracted thru Montage are not only Montage techs, they are independent contractors and they service hundreds of claims a week and are busy. Montage has no control over how fast they come look at your furniture so complaining about the tech service is irrelevant to Montage as they send the work order over to them and depending on their schedules they will service you as soon as possible.To the person who is complaining about the parts taking a a bit of a time. When montage orders parts they order from the MFG so if the MFG is overseas like china or korea yes the parts are going to take longer than usual as they will have to come on a container from overseas and MOntage has no control over that, and if parts are wrong they do apologize but they order by SKU# so if that SKU or mfg makes new parts for same sku yes sometimes that wont work and MOntage will work on that with you. There are alot of factors the customers dont see, everything the CSR's talk to you about is just not pulled out of thin arir. THey follow the terms and conditions of the plan. And yes they dont stand behind the mfg and how the furniture is made. These plans are accidental damages only. Just wanted some of the ignorant ones to know what they go thru to service you and do the best. There are factors Montage cant control, so the next time your yelling at them because the quality of the leather you purchased is poor and cracking and peeling or you reported damage outside of the time reporting period just reemeber you are yelling at someone who is following your protection plan that you purchased and they take a beating because you cant read and comprehend. It is the consumers reponsiblity to read what they buy.

• Mo
    mouse46 Jun 07, 2013

My review/complaint is partly about Ashley furniture...and a little about montage.
    I've purchased beds for my kids that have held up great. I have a set of couches that are also still in excellent condition after 10 years, the recliner in the set broke a few years ago though, I did not have the extended warranty. I have another set of couches, some fake leather that have been falling apart since day one, first the staples and the seat was wrinkled, Ashley Furn sent a guy who did a shoddy job, the staples again were popping out, the cushions are now peeling...I didn't have the extended warranty.
    I bought a dining table a year ago, it is falling apart, screws falling out, finish wearing off etc. and this after very light use..for this I have the extended warranty, I bought a bedroom set the same day, did not buy the extended warranty, screws have fallen out an the bed makes horrible noise when you simply roll over.

I called montage about my table, I was informed I should have called sooner and they weren't going to do anything about it...this is an ongoing claim so I'm not going to say too much...I have faxed the claim and have yet to hear back. After reading this, I'm now thinking I'm going to get totally screwed.

I agree with one person who said they had better furniture years ago because my 10yr old couches have held up very nicely, with 3 kids and several pets...at most they only need a good cleaning, but they are solid, same for the kids beds. The more recent furniture has been total crap.

I will update as I deal with montage if they are not cooperative or give me the run around. I suspect they are going to be a problem.Also, they are so strict about their time frame to make a claim but they make you wait a month or more for service?? What's with that??

• Au
    Audrey3246 Mar 27, 2013

I just looked at the rating BBB gives to Montage. A+. That's hilarious. It's 30 days before anyone will show up to even look at it, then how long till parts come in, and then have to wait till the repairman is in your area again for the actual repair, which could be another 30 days. This company deserves an A+ rating? Who's to say those parts will even be correct? It will be months before my sofa recliner will ever work again. Meanwhile it is stuck in the open position and can't be used unless one likes crawling in and out of an open recliner. I will never buy Ashley anything, nor purchase from a store who uses Montage as their warranty service. Another lesson learned.

• Au
    Audrey3246 Mar 27, 2013

I too bought an Ashley sofa which is motorized to open into 2 recliners. 13 months later, one side doesn't work. In comes Montage warranty service to the rescue. Wrong! I have to wait till 30 days before anyone will come out to even look at the sofa. Montage doesn't even get back with you to set up an appt. first one must go through hoops to get them proof that you purchased their service. Lots of faxing. Then you wait, then you call, then your told a repairman will be in your area 30 days later!! Now I read he will have to send away for parts, and meanwhile, my sofa is extended out in the recliner position which looks marvelous in my living room.

The furniture companies do know this is going on yet they contract anyway with Montage. Do they not want further business from us?

• Tx
    txbro27 Feb 01, 2013

I made a complaint with the Better Business Bureau against Montage Furniture Service. I know I will never get my Love Seat fix, or replaced, or a refund of my $200.00 for the Extended Warranty. I will never do business with Ashley Furniture or Montage Furniture ever again. They such a RIP OFF. I hope everyone makes a complain to Better Business Bureau and Insurance Commissioner that might be the only way might get be fine or investigated . Good Luck to everyone that is dealing with this Unprofessional Company. I Just hope they get shut down.

• Sn
    SnidesJedszotek Jan 31, 2013

This is the most unprofessional organization EVER! They will make up any sort of lie in order to not pay on covered claims. A warranty from them is totally useless so don't waste your money. Horrible service in every respect!