Money MasteryUnauthorized Charge

The company tricks customers to sign up for a trial $1.95 and obtains their CC info and then a few days later charges $ 49.84 as additional charges.

Their phones are always busy and when you leave a message they state they will remove you from Billing but 4 49.84 is gone !! It seems you have authorized them for this additional whether you use their system or not !!

The company has cultivated a sophisticated fraud to dupe customers to part with $ 49.84 by just signing up and I can imagine the money they must be making from unsuspecting customers coming to thier site!

This is a alert and warning and the authorities must investigate and get refunds for the consumers from this company

• Dc
    DC2011AMU Mar 28, 2011

I have not signed up for anything, but this company has hacked into my cell phone. I keep trying to make a call and it is directing me to Verizon, but I have sprint, then it tells me to dial 611 for customer care and askes you to say your account number, when you dial 611, it takes you to this company called "Money Mastery for Life"! How are they getting in my phone line and how can I get this scam stopped? Serious charges should be made on this company for illegally tapping into ones personal phone line, and trying to obtain my personal information in a fraudulent manner. People should start criminal charges on this company: above scams mentioned, ripping people off!

• Sc
    Scott Adamson Jul 26, 2010

I am an officer of the company. Let me tell you the whole story. We are the ones who got scammed. A marketing company came to us offering to generate thousands of leads then they used our product to run the campaign you are referring to. We did not authorize, profit from or endorse their practices. They have since gone out of business and left us with a huge mess. It is unfortunte because we actually have a great product and we have helped thousands of people get their finances in order and create a secure retirement. We have been in business for 17 years and have had a spotless record until now.

• Ly
    LynseyM May 16, 2010

I have had the same thing happen for almost six months, I dont check my account often enough. They use different vendor names every month, I suppose so you wont notice them. I just found this out on friday, I cancelled my card and I am going to the bank tomorrow to see what they advise. The money being taken out is in 59.74 and 29.71 increments... If you know how to get the money back please let me know!

thanks in advance
    Lynsey

• Ra
    Ray Hilterbran Mar 16, 2010

OK guys-gals: here is the deal with me. I got scammed as well, my bank contacted money mastery and was told that it was for a trial perion and when I did not respond, they charged my account...which was STUPID of me to give them the acct # in the first place.
    The bank admits that they submitted the request wrong. instead of a refund, it should have been for "goods not received".
    I called the FBI and was told to go to the website: www.ic3.com and file a complaint and if the FBI gets enough hits they will investigate...IC3 is explained on the website.
    SOOOOOOOOO, stand up, shout, pound the desk. MM's has to be stopped. Only we can do it. File that complaint, Write your senators, go to the press, expose them for what they are, "DIRTY ROTTEN SCAMMERS"

• Ni
    NikkieMc Feb 10, 2010

This company have also taken money from my account without consent. I am currently in communication with my bank about this fraudulent activity and hope to get all money stolen returned to me.

I also have had money taken via "Harmony Financial", "Passive Profits", "search Income" and Webhost"... so they are all either owned and ran by the same nasty people or my details have been sold to all by one of them.
    I WILL bring them to justice- but any other people effected please post here to help add weight to the complaint.

• St
    Stop the scams! Jan 31, 2010

This is one of many scams going on. Ginger...if it didnt happen to you...shut up! Don't be an ###!! People are trying to make money in these hard economic times. When they see something that might help and sounds legitimate, they go for it. Don't downplay someone for being victimized.

As for everyone else who has been scammed, I have also been scammed. If you have the number to contact them, please let me know. I have contacted my bank to cancel any transactions coming from them and my card. I get a fax line when I call the number which is listed as [protected]. Anything that says make money online is not true unless it is West At Home or another company that has to do with education inquiries. Trust me, I have worked for them both. They pay about 10.00/ hour max to work from home for them. Very demanding but definately legitimate.

• Sc
    Scam_Victim2010 Jan 27, 2010

The same thing happened to me, I was also charged with that same amount of money.
    I registered just to try and see if this will work for me, but after having a look for less than an hour I decided to cancel my account on that same day (that was 1/9/2010).
    They cancelled my account and told me that there will be no charges if the future. I was surprised when I looked at my CC statement and they charged me $59.84 on 1/14/2010 and $29.71 on 1/26/2010. I'm not sure if this money will be refunded to me and that they will not charge me in the future.

READ THIS: Effective January 20, 2010
    You will have 3 days from your initial signup date to access and use the system in which you may cancel and owe nothing further. Following your 3 introductory period to The Home Profits System, your card on file will be billed a one time payment of $99.71. After this period, your membership will be billed in six (6) monthly installments of $79.95 each billed to your same card on file approximately every 30 days. You can cancel any time after the initial three day period, in which case you won't be refunded that month's installment, but you will have member access through the end of the month, and you will not be billed again. For questions or to cancel you may call [protected] Mon-Sat, 7am-7pm, PST.

I tried to call the number above, as expected not available. SCAMMERS

• Su
    suzysoo Jan 25, 2010

I have just been had by these as well for £38.09. Twice. I have contacted my bank asking them to reverse the payment on the grounds that I didn't authorise it. I am awaiting their reply. This is nothing short of thievery!

• Su
    suzysoo Jan 25, 2010

I have just been had by these as well. I have just written a mail to my bank saying that I did not authorise this payment and asking them to reverse it as it was paid by card. I am awaiting their reply. They also charged me in December too but I should think its too late to get that one back. Both payments were for £38.09. It is nothing short of thievery!

S. Callaghan

• Rk
    rkfrank2 Jan 24, 2010

I did not authorize this "SCAM" to debit my card for $59.00. I am trying to somehow make sure that I am no longer debited and for a refund for services I never received. Please Notify the proper authorities to put this problem to rest and for refunds for those who were scammed.

• Kt
    KTUCK Jan 12, 2010

I finally found a number that worked CALL [protected]. Someone actually picked up. They only gave a refund for the charges this month. My bank is fighting the other charges. I scan through the entire terms and agreements and nowhere were there any $59.84 or $ 29.71 listed. I think if they had it on there they listed as fifty nine and eight four cents, so no one would see it. The terms and agreements were at least 15 pages long full of useless information just to hide the fact that they were going to charge. I have been charge a total of $179.10 or should I say one hundred seventy nine dollars and ten cents. THEY NEED TO BE SHUT DOWN!!!

• Md
    md3579 Jan 05, 2010

I agree with you. They Scam you by telling that it is only one time charge of 1.95 and you end up paying monthly charge. I just cancelled this.

• Pi
    pissed off citizen Jan 03, 2010

i too have ben scammed by these f*****g a******s---after realizing hat had happened, i clled them to cancel and complain---their representative at the company that handles the charges was very rude and lied on the transcript i received from my bank after the investigtion and did not help at all(why is she in customer service)---then i called my bank and they were kind enough to credit my account the $59.84 and the overdraft fee pending an investigation---unfortunately they were not able to resolve this issue in my favor---however, this is not the end of my journey---i intend to contact every agency dealing with scam and fraud(the better buiness bureau, the internet crime complaint center, consumer affairs, the stae attorney generals office and everyone in the every phone book in the entire united ststes of america)---this company, in my opinion, is not a company at all---it is a front for legally stealing money from nice decent people looking for a way to make a extra money to get ahead in this world---karma is a ### and what goes around-comes around!!!

• Sq
    SQUiGS Dec 28, 2009

thanks raybellanger

[protected] - how do i dial this number from the UK or is it just a matter of dropping the first 1 and replacing it with a 0?

Annstar Dec 27, 2009

MoneyMastery is a huge scam! I filed a complaint with CitiCards and they initially refunded my account. However, after a couple of months, MoneyMastery sent them a copy of what they call an authorization I approved. I did click for the package that was going to be sent to me for $1.95, but no where did I get the small print stating there would be a monthly fee of $49.84. They sent the small print to Citi Cards as if they show that to the unsuspecting customers. Now CitiCards has recharged my account. I cannot believe Citi Cards is accepting this. I cannot believe Money Mastery continues to get away with this and there is no government action against them. If you know how to fight this, please comment.

• Ginger Kid Dec 19, 2009

You know, if it seems to good to be true, it more than likely is.

Did you all really think you were going to make a bunch of money doing this? If so, let me know; I've got some ocean front property in Kansas for you!

Chuck Turner Dec 18, 2009

Justin Blake is a well known scammer.

• Ra
    RayBellanger Dec 14, 2009

Solution maybe: absolutely agree they did the same to me, in last week and I'm not working!! today I logged in and found customer service ph. [protected] and said they would charge back this big charge 59.84 US = 64.71 cdn in 3-5 days so may work will see in week ok give it a try

izzy2009 Dec 12, 2009

i so i just want to use his face as a punching bag right now!!!
    I am so thinking of taking this information to the police!!
    So u think i should??!!

izzy2009 Dec 12, 2009

Now i have just received another new email from this low life ###, i copied the email he sent me, so u can all see what he says in it, he calls it the laziest way to earn money, yeah more like fraud, more like stealing peoples money, you barstard!!!

Flag this message... Laziest way ever.Saturday, 12 December, 2009 6:34 PMFrom: "* Justin Blake *" <[email protected]>Add sender to ContactsTo: [email protected]>>From: Justin Blake - Creator of www.QuickStartMoneySite.com

Here's a true lazy way to
    generate money online...

>>Click here to see it.*

This turnkey money machine
    prints 24/7 profits for
    you...automatically!

I know it's hard to believe but
    you have to see it for yourself.

>>Click here to see what it is.*

Almost anyone can generate money
    with this!

To your future,
    - Justin Blake

izzy2009 Dec 12, 2009

We so need to catch this sorry ### out, i am so out to get him, this low life!!!

izzy2009 Dec 12, 2009

Hey I just got a new email from the guy i mention before, his name is Justin Blake and i found the site where we all signed up for this $1.95 goggle kit that we all got sucked in to, this is the sites name: http://www.quickstartmoneysite.com/p/JB3.php, i remember the small form in a small box that i filled in. I am telling you this is the guy, but it doesn't have contact details. I have just emailed him back and told him to @#@%@% put my money back, because i never authorised it. It's funny, because i found his email address and i emailed him saying "hey are the guy that i bought this $1.95 USD goggle kit from?" and the mail Deamon failure crap came back to inbox, but then i had a spam mail too, so i went to check that too, and it was from him, what a ###! I would like to see what his reply is to my last email. This is the email that he uses to send me emails, but it keeps coming back as failure: <[email protected]>, i don't know why it keeps coming back as failure, when it doesn't say "no-reply" on it. This guy is sure is fishy. i will keep u posted.

izzy2009 Dec 12, 2009

i just remember the name of the guy that kept emailing me back, his name is Justin, but cam't recall the lastname because i just kept deleting his emails. Now the information that i was reading from this goggle kit that cost me $1.95 USD, this is the name of the guy that i am sure owned this website that was selling these kits, i am waiting for another email from him, and then i will be researching everything from this guy, and find out his contact details, because i am sure he would know something about this whole fraud. i'll keep u posted.

• Ia
    Ian Taylor Dec 11, 2009

I have just this morning recieved my bank statements. I have had 3 lots of money taken out of my account in 3 weeks totalling £76 UK money. I signed up for the $1.95 booklet in order that my missus might have been able to have made some money at home whilst on maternity leave and these toe-rags have simply ripped me off. I NEVER signed up for anything more than the $1.95 booklet.

izzy2009 Dec 11, 2009

my advise, never buy anything online anymore, this is rediculous, there are some heartless dishonest people out there, and they shouldn't even be walking around on this earth, they do not deserve to be living, and they will get caught soon. They are such a waste of space, and they shouldn't be living, they are ### criminal [email protected]!#[email protected][email protected]$!!!
    I am closing my Debit visa card, and they won't be able to get anymore money from me, because enough is enough, this has happened to me too many times now, and from purchases on the internet, it's not safe anymore to purchase on the internet.

close your accounts, and get new accounts and cards, and never use it on the net ever, it's not safe anymore, those ### will pay for it, wat goes around will come right back to them, and i hope they will choke on our money, because they never earned it.

Good luck to everyone...hope the new year will bring more luck for everyone...:)

izzy2009 Dec 11, 2009

I can't believe that this has happened to me again. I too have just found out that these people just robbed me from under my nose, and i never authorised this new transaction for - on the 8/12/09 MHM*Search IncomePRO [protected].71 USD 0.98 AUD $33.52 AUD.

What the hell!? I only bought this crappy goggle kit for a $1.95 USD, that was supposedly to make me money, which has done ### all, because as soon as i read the ###, i didn't understand a ### of it, so i deleted it and never turned back.

This is unbelieveable, who the hell are these people? Does anyone know their number? please i need to get my money back, no=one gets away from ripping me off. what the hell are they charging me for? i didn't get or even using the ### information they send me, it was nothing but ###! I AM SO PISSED OFF!! I will never click and purchase anything online ever, this is way too scary now! i would like nothing more then to punch the hell out of these people, they have no shame in taking peoples money.

If i don't get their number, im am filling out this pathetic dispute form for the bank to investigate, which takes for ever, so please if anyone knows anything about these people, and how to get hold of them, then please email me at this address: [email protected], thanks

• Le
    LeeD Dec 10, 2009

I was also duped into the scam and im in the UK, the deducted £1.22, then an additional £1, now they have removed all of my money in my account, as a rule when something is too good to be true, it normally isnt, ive now got my bank investigating the transaction and ive been told they should be able to recover the amount, i will aslo inform UK trading standards and the UK Police about this transaction of fraud...i do hope everyone gets there money back promptly!

Regards

Lee Ditchburn

United Kingdom

• St
    stronger than you think Dec 09, 2009

im a strong believer of "what goes around, comes around & in ten folds".. its sad that there are people out there that could be so horrible, scam & rip-off people.. from now you should know that we also got scammed.. there should be a way to find these guys & where they are branching out from.. again im a strong believer of what goes around comes around so to those who think its alright to do these things, somehow or when you least expect it, it'll hit you & at that moment you will realize that being cruel to others brings nothing good back to you..

• Sq
    SQUiGS Dec 05, 2009

i have just signed up to this website for the sole purpose of complaining about the disgraceful actions of 'money mastery' - i foolishly signed up for the $1.95 fee but as i am sure you can all appreciate money is tight at the moment and i was willing to try something new, i just cannot believe i got sucked into this mire when i am usually so vigilant about this sort of thing!

i have since been charged additional fees which i had no intention of signing up to and i am not one bit happy!

i am also in the uk and i am desperately seeking help with trying to sort this mess out and escape!

what international prefix should i use to dial [protected]??? i have absolutely no idea where to begin with this!

any help would be much appreciated!

• Co
    Concern Buyer Dec 03, 2009

Well, I had the same problem, however, when I called my credit card company they informed me that when I signed up that I had so many days to cancel or I will be charged every month. Here is the number that I got from the Bank #[protected]. Todays date is December 2009.
    Good luck everyone.

anetp Dec 03, 2009

The fraud department of my bank are now looking into this and have cancelled our card so no further payments can be taken.

anetp Dec 03, 2009

after just checking my bank statement it looks like we have been scammed too - this is a disgrace, i have no idea who to call to stop any more charges being made, we are in the uk - does anyone have a number for this company please and should my husband cancel his debit card?

• Xb
    xblood Dec 02, 2009

hey guys i my self was a victim too . i too thaught that was a good way to make money. but never agreed to pay more but that first charge of 1.95 naw they took 1.95, 29.71, 59.84 seriously we need to do something about these mo#@$%f%$#@!

madmantim Nov 30, 2009

These kniving ### lured me in as well. I'm sure if there are enough people that get together we could come up with a class action lawsuit, and put these ***holes in their place.

• Wo
    wontplayagain Nov 27, 2009

i too was scammed by this moneymastery con job, i read the find print, it said $1.95 plus 14 day free trial, and then $39.99 a month after, well it took me a solid week to finally get to talk to someone on the phone, i had no ideal they were going to take almost $50.00 out of my account in 4 days, so much for free trial? i got compermation #s to verify i cancelled, but i think i will go to my bank and change my numbers anyway, cause i dont trust them at all...

• Pp

$ 1.95 Sept 22
    Money Rip OFF!!!

• De
    deedeedo Nov 02, 2009

So I was contacted by Tryson, who is contracted with Google "to follow up" with hard working Americans who fall for this. Tryson started laughing at me after I became very upset, as he started to argue with me back, and asked him " if he was proud to represent a company who stole from hard working Americans who are just trying to make a living" his answer: " Absolutely!" Just goes to show that Google really doesn't care about anything except scamming people and making millions! So for those of you who would like to try to get your money back try calling Jordan, at [protected]. Jordan said that he was issuing a refund and it should show up within 3-5 days... so we will see. Good luck, and lesson learned... by the way cancel your credit card too! They WILL keep deducting money if you let them!

• Fi
    FishBrah Oct 30, 2009

wakeup13 is an obvious shill for these buffoons. (Gee, ya think?) Even included your UT addy in your profile, you ###. <shaking head in amazement>

Next stop, http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/consumer.shtm

Chuck Turner Oct 26, 2009

This is the company behind this scam. They are in Utah.

Peter Jeppson and Alan Williams
    MoneyMastery.com; Mars Hill Media LLC, 3051 W. Maple Loop, Suite 125, Lehi, Utah 84043, MarsHillMedia.com
    and Time & Money LLC 1403 South 600 West, Suite A, Woods Cross, Utah 84010

Phone: [protected] Fax: [protected].
    Email: [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    Toll Free:
    [protected]
    Phone:
    [protected]
    Suzanne Kimball Rekow (Publicity Manager)
    Owners: Peter Jeppson and Alan Williams

Where to file complaints:

FTC: https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

• Wa
    wakeup13 Oct 24, 2009

WAKE UP EVERYONE !!! Read the terms and conditons before you sign up! I cant believe all of you are paying the victim card... Use the program to save and make some money or dont sign up at all! And if you do sign up use it within the trail period and then call to cancel if you dont like it but please stop saying its a scam when you agreed to the charges cause you didnt read the terms and conditions. I always make sure I read everything before I buy anything and you should to! I use the program and I am a happy customer, dont know what all you guys are complaining about? Have you even used the program? Do you use a budget software? Do you make money online? Probably not right?
    SO WAKE UP !!!