Money Martthreatening

S

I have been a client of Money Mart since early 2011. I proved successful and reliable in paying my loan back until November. When November came, I called the Money Mart branch (King St. W @ Dufferin St., Toronto) to advise that I was unable to pay the loan and a payment arrangement with them. I broke that arrangement as I have been dealing with a personal matter that has physically relocated me.
I have been getting calls and keep telling the agents that I am able to make partial payments. They decline everytime and say that what I am offering is unacceptable. I can make smaller payments on the loan until it is cleared up. I spoke to the Branch Manager last week to try and work something out and he was all ok with it, until today when I received a threatening call from "John." John Called from a blocked number, asked me if I was *? I confirmed my name and than he said he had my file on his Desk from a company named "Money Mart." Further to this, he said he was going to be coming by my house to collect the money on Friday (Tomorrow) if I was unwilling to pay today. I said I am NOT home and that I won't be home until January 16, 2012. He said he would speak to my family and collect the money that was owed. I told him that he has no right to threaten me and that I don't appreciate bring harassed considering I have made several attempts to rectify the situation. Before he hung up, he said that I better have the money ready tomorrow and told me to stop calling (whatever that means) and that he would see me tomorrow.

In Shock and sacred, I telephoned the head office and gave them the information. I am shocked and appealed at how ill managed this is being taken. I also called the Money Mart Branch back to speak with "Kevin" the Manager and he was unwilling to cooperate. He also told me to stop calling that branch.
I have filed a police report and will be seeking legal council immediately following this incident.

Ok, I owe money to Money Mart - I am 51 days past due, but I am a human being with very serious personal matters and am willing to make a payment! I am not able to pay an entire $900 at one time. I can do several payments of smaller increments.

• M3C QueenBee Oct 19, 2012

Tasha needs to be put on a leash.

• Mu
    munnyfart Oct 19, 2012

i phoned money mart in pembroke and they told me they cash 985 of all cheques, i had a post dated cheque and went there to cash it, they told me "we need to authorize this cheque" to her work mate, she also asked her workmate to come with her, 10 minutes later the woman comes back and says "we can't authorize this cheue AT THIS MOMENT" i walked 1 kilometer there, for nothing, she said "we'll call you if anything changes tonight, or you can try again tomorrow" "our system says the cheque is PENDING" why the fk would i want to walk a kilometer again, just for nothing again, or to have their "system" read as pending again, she said the cheque was 27 days post dated, but it was only 20, it's almost like their attitude was like they were purposely messing with me, and yet i WILL try again tomorrow cuz i need the money. airheads.

• Ia
    Iamnotintimidated May 19, 2012

The problem I have is that I do not owe these people any money and they continue to call me for payment.

• Ia
    Iamnotintimidated May 19, 2012

I had the exact same thing happen to me. I wanted him to show up so I could kick his ###.

• Gravitytheseducer Apr 30, 2012

Well unfortunately the cops aren't going to do much and it sucks about your personal issues but 51 days is pretty past due to owe $900. Why don't you just take out a loan at a different place to pay it off...then it wont be so past due.