Menu
V
Author of the complaint
10:31 pm EST
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

After hearing an ad on the radio for Monarch offering a "special" for new patients and given that I don't have dental insurance, I made an appt. Appt was at 10:30am...didn't get called in until 11am. First appt was $39, which included x-rays, the hygenist looking at my teeth, and a brief dental exam by the doctor. That was fine. But then, the advertised teeth cleaning at $53 was not available to me because they said the bottom teeth needed a "deep clean, " which normally costs $906, but with the new patient discount, it would be $406. They would not let me even "purchase" just a regular teeth cleaning, unless I did the complete treatment they were recommending. I then went to my previous dentist to get a 2nd opinion. My bottom teeth did NOT need a deep clean and they went ahead with a regular cleaning on my teeth. I am now having my xrays transferred from Monarch to my regular dentist (with more charges from Monarch of $25!). It's just a way to get you into the office and then require unnecessary work to be done. Not impressed with the office or their equipment either, though the staff was nice enough.

More Monarch Dental complaints & reviews

Monarch Dental - cruel doctor
Monarch Dental - fraud - overcharged
Monarch Dental - overcharging, unnecessary work
Monarch Dental - I should have listened to the complaints all over the internet about monarch before giving them my $
Monarch Dental - ortho addtional charges
Monarch Dental - lies and steals
Monarch Dental - making false diagnosis
1 comments
P
Mar 02, 2012 8:06 pm EST

High pressure sales is a poor business model. It may work in the sort term but it is not sustainable. " teeth cleaning was not available to me because they said my teeth needed a "deep clean, They would not let me even "purchase" just a regular teeth cleaning, unless I did the complete treatment they were recommending. Who's teeth does Monarch think they are cleaning? I to am now having my xrays transferred from Monarch. And yes I will pass on my dissatisfaction to every one I know.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

78 complaints