Monarch Dentalgimmick

After hearing an ad on the radio for Monarch offering a "special" for new patients and given that I don't have dental insurance, I made an appt. Appt was at 10:30am...didn't get called in until 11am. First appt was $39, which included x-rays, the hygenist looking at my teeth, and a brief dental exam by the doctor. That was fine. But then, the advertised teeth cleaning at $53 was not available to me because they said the bottom teeth needed a "deep clean, " which normally costs $906, but with the new patient discount, it would be $406. They would not let me even "purchase" just a regular teeth cleaning, unless I did the complete treatment they were recommending. I then went to my previous dentist to get a 2nd opinion. My bottom teeth did NOT need a deep clean and they went ahead with a regular cleaning on my teeth. I am now having my xrays transferred from Monarch to my regular dentist (with more charges from Monarch of $25!). It's just a way to get you into the office and then require unnecessary work to be done. Not impressed with the office or their equipment either, though the staff was nice enough.

• Pk
    Pkelley Mar 02, 2012

High pressure sales is a poor business model. It may work in the sort term but it is not sustainable. " teeth cleaning was not available to me because they said my teeth needed a "deep clean, They would not let me even "purchase" just a regular teeth cleaning, unless I did the complete treatment they were recommending. Who's teeth does Monarch think they are cleaning? I to am now having my xrays transferred from Monarch. And yes I will pass on my dissatisfaction to every one I know.