Modnique.comBuyers be warned, they're not as 'authentic' as they claim to be

S

I recently got my first order of a Bella pierre cosmetic brush set. I assure you it will be my LAST. I'm pretty mad because the travel set brush is an obvious fake. Firstly, it was found in a crappy clear plastic- didn't think too much about that at first tho. Then, i noticed a strong smell of PVC from the package.I have no idea what material the makeup holder is supposed t be made of but it looked matte and leather-ish in the photo. What I got was some shiny patent/PVC-ish kinda crap. The pattern on the holder wasnt even the same.Upon close inspection, it was obvious the bag/holder was made in a slipshod manner (it's rectangular shape looked more like a trapezium). Didn't i mention it was reeking of PVC/glue whatever varnish-y smell that was. The brushes were so rough and scratchy and had random hairs sticking out. The quality was crappppp. Its original price was $119.95 in the real site but it was selling for $16 in the modnique site. Thinking it was a helluva deal, i went for it. I won't even bother paying for shipping and sending it back coz i live in freakin australia and I have no faith in their services. Buyers be warned, they're not as 'authentic' as they claim to be.

• Ss
    SSS1025 Nov 07, 2013

I would strongly recommend that do not purchase anything if you are a international buyer!!! It does not worth to buy anything in that website, you will pay a lot more than what you expected on saving !! Also, you need to pay duty or vat which based on the principle of different countries' customers. Another thing you have to pay by yourself is return postal. The most worst thing for me was that I paid £38 VAT and £13.00 return postal extra for the products which valued $269, but I did not get my refund and extra pay which around $210 as they did not take any responsibility for paying you Duty, return postal and return postal if it was lost. It was the most worst online shopping experience I ve never had. Trust me, do not believe you can save a lot in that website. Poor quality and terrible customer service !

• Mo
    Modnique.com Nov 17, 2011

Dear Srezdone,

We’re very sorry to hear that you were unhappy with the makeup set you received. All of the products sold on Modnique.com are 100% authentic and we stand behind that guarantee. The Bella Pierre sale has been a very popular seller on our site, and this is the first complaint we’ve received about this particular sale. Because the shipping was overseas, the merchandise needs to be completely sealed in order to prevent damage and to ensure that it arrives to you safely. Because you purchased makeup, which is a delicate item, the makeup was tightly packaged in order to prevent any damage to the item and to allow it to pass through customs. The smell is simply a result of being tightly sealed in the packaging until it arrived to you, and should go away once the package has been opened.

Since you are an international customer, we would like to accommodate you, and we are willing to refund you to store credit without returning the item. If you wish to receive store credit without a return, please contact us by phone at [protected] toll free, or at [protected]. You can also reach us by email at [email protected]

Our customers are important to us, and if you are ever unhappy with an order or are experiencing any sort of difficulty, we strongly encourage you to contact us first. That way we can resolve your issue directly and immediately. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at [protected], [protected] or by email at [email protected]

Sincerely,