Minihuskies.orgFailure to provide dog and refusal to refund deposit

A Review updated:

On March 29 we paid a $60 deposit for a miniature husky pup. Payment was made via paypal. Once payment was accepted, communication was non existent. Finally, in July we asked when we would receive the pup. We were advised that the entire litter died of "failing puppy syndrome". Bree May (on facebook, twitter and on web soliciting buyers for these pups) contacted us and said that they were not able to provide a puppy. They indicated that our deposit would be refunded. They have not refunded our deposit, despite numerous demands and no disagreement that they accepted the deposit and are not providing the puppy. Be aware before you consider buying a pup from this person.

Minihuskies_A_Scam Oct 24, 2009

MINIHUSKIES did the same thing to my family. They really disappointed my kids. They are a scam. They took our money and left us with nothing. Minihuskies is nothing but a scam. We left complaints with our credit card people and paypal, but it was basically worthless!!! Get a job Minihuskies!!

• Ha
    Happy AKK owner Oct 26, 2009

This happend to me too with the July litter. After the deposit, communication was gone, it was like pulling teeth to get any information from them. It took several emails to receive any info about the litter, I did get a picture of a puppy, but when it was time for the puppy to come to us we could not get them to respond to our emails. After several atempts we wanted our money back, we never recieved anything. They never even told us about anything with the pups, and never answered on the number listed.

On the good side though, I looked up "mini huskies" and Alakan Klee Kais (AKK) came up, and found a breeder that had some ready, and we went through the process and got him a few weeks after. Price was just a little higher than what the minihuskies wanted. Now I will not trade him for anything! He looks just like a little husky, and is a wonderful pet, very intelligent and very loving.

****MINIHUSKIES IS A SCAM DO NOT FALL FOR IT******

• Ha
    Happy Miniature Husky Owner Jan 15, 2010

I've purchased a miniature siberian husky from MINIHUSKIES.NET and have had no issues with my gorgeous girl. I still keep in touch with the breeder to this day and am planning to purchase another dog here shortly.
    I would encourage whomever might have truly had an issue to contact the breeder.
    I'm also highly suspicious because a couple of complaints came within a couple of days of each other, and the one points to another breed that is similar to the miniature husky.
    To me this seems like a targeted campaign.

• As
    A SCAM Feb 18, 2010

She did the same thing to me with the feb litter. I paid the $60 deposit for a min huskie then communication was gone. After sending her emails everyday for a week she responded back letting me know the puppy was doing fine but had suddenly died, and she would be refunding my deposit back. Bree May is a scam do not buy from her. MINIHUSKIES IS A SCAM BEWARE

• Al
    alphab Jul 22, 2012

Similiar happen with me. Left a deposit with Bree and there was little to no communication thereafter. She never answered ANY question directly and refused to give out references to previous puppy owners. After finally threating with paypal to her their payment system closed with her, I got my deposit back. TOTAL SCAM!!!
    And if you check out her fb page, . . . . seems like bit of a wacko. (#justsayin)

Bree N. Jun 27, 2013

I was just made aware of these complaints. I am the owner and developer of the Miniature Siberian Husky. Since I do not take deposits and run, and I only process deposits through Paypal, I know these complaints are bogus. One of the complainers is a Happy AKK owner. I have experienced personal attacks from a few AKK breeders. (Not all, most are nice.) These breeders have apparently felt threatened by my dogs. In the dog world, when this happens, many breeders will go on smear campaigns. It's a common thing that happens all the time between breeders. I'm not interested in bashing other breeders or getting involved in stuff like this. We successfully use Paypal and have been doing so for many years with no issues. If we were perpetrating scams, we could not continue to process payments through this entity.

• Tr
    Truthinbrooklyn Aug 26, 2013

This Bree lady is a sad loser/scam artist-I would like to track her down in NC and have a face to face with -this woman. She is robbing people and disappointing many families-scam! Stay Away!

Bree Normandin Feb 17, 2014

Truthinbrooklyn is NOT a buyer. My name is Bree Normandin, (Recent marriage) and I am the original developer. I run a facebook page for my dogs and a website. We active process paymens with PayPal, and honor deposits on our dogs. If we decide not to place a puppy with a family, the deposit is promptly returned. You can see many testimonials and pictures of happy buyers on our facebook page at www.facebook.com/minihuskies

• Po
    potential owner Feb 27, 2014

I have asked more than 1 time for Bree to post pictures of the parent or adult dogs, but she has ignored them. I have been to her faceb
    ook page and don't see pictures or testimonials there as stated either. I'm not saying it's a scam by any means but you would think there would be pictures of each female she breeds and the sire pictured. It would make for a better sale and I would like to see some pictures where you could tell the true height and weight of the dogs with some type of reference.

• Ne
    neveragianlady Aug 11, 2014

She does this all the time, she's still telling people that the waiting list is a few months but unless you know her or live near her good luck! Lady's making money hand over fist in deposits then acting as if you just missed your chance at the color/sex you want. Save your money!

• Sc
    Scepticle Sep 04, 2014

OK this is to Bree Normandin to prove your not a scam artist, please post the Mother and Father of the pups on your face book or any adult sized dog that you have so we have an idea on the full grown size even if it is a little over the 25lb mark. How can you prove to people that your not a scam is also by asking recent buyers to post something on your face book when they receive the pup or updates on how they are doing. Im trying to help you by helping us :)

Bree D Normandin Sep 20, 2014

This is Bree Normandin. I have repeatedly told the people who are asking for pictures that there are pictures of adults dogs in the photo albums on our Facebook page. Some of the dogs are standing next to people so size can be verified and many of these pictures have been there for years.
    The wait list for a blue-eyed female is 6 months MINIMUM. Other dogs have listed minimum wait times. We move down the list as fast as we can. Getting one of our dogs just isn't an instant process. We can't make to order. It just doesn't work that way.

Cyberjamin Oct 18, 2014

My pup came to me with worms, parasites, and cochinea. His birth was also incorrect, resulting in him being taken from his mom at 5.5 weeks; and the daddy is still unknown since there was another dog put in with the dam. At 6 'mos, he weighed in at 45lbs. All this led to a 250 refund. Ok. Now, moving on, 3 levels of DNA testing (2 separate samples and a deeper analysis by a phd vet at the lab) shows my pure bred mini Husky is actually half Pomeranian. Bree has declined to acknowledge this fact by discrediting the very high level accuracy of the tests, therefore I felt the need to post on this board. It saddens me to think that the other dogs from this same litter may be going through similar issues. One can't tell on Facebook because all negative comments/pics are deleted. As for adult dog pics, there are very few on FB; they are not labelled, and there is more than one breeder so your can't see all the dogs. Had I seen the daddy of my pup ahead of time, I would not have picked him. Bree is not the only breeder and claims she can only go by what she is told. Her dad was the breeder of my pup. I guess the family doesn't talk much to each other.

Cyberjamin Oct 18, 2014

Btw...even after all this, I was going to get another pup because I knew which dam and site it was coming from (directly from Bree, not one of the other breeders), but was denied because I called Bree on the DNA test.

• Bn
    BNBN Oct 19, 2014

Hi there,

I have thanked you before for your idea about photos of adult dog pictures. I thought it was a great idea to label the pictures so future puppy buyers can pick which parents they want a puppy from. (I am working on this now.)
    When you were unhappy with Finn, we spoke extensively. We had worked out a plan to address the issue which included bypassing the wait list to obtain a puppy with verified lineage (DNA testing) from my personal stock. We had also discussed involving you in the project at some point and you agreed that you were satisfied that I was in fact, dealing with you in an honorable manner.
    Although I had some reservations about the matter, you were wanting one of our puppies so I was content to proceed.
    It is and has always been our position that the dog that sired Finn should be retired from our project. There has been no disagreement on that matter. We are thankful that you contacted us immediately when there were issues. Since he was purchased not too long ago, we've had ample time to address the matter effectively. The bone of contention was whether or not this dog was a pomeranian, as a pomeranian male would be required to achieve a 50% pomeranian 50% husky mix. The dog that sired Finn was not a pomeranian, and his mother certainly was not a pomeranian.
    It was this fact alone that contributed to the breakdown in communication. You and I both expressed we had grown tired of the arguing. I honestly don't know why there was a continued discussion, because I had thought we had worked out the matter amicably. When you asked for the puppy or a refund of $250.00 in one of the later messages, I decided the most expedient way to conclude this matter was to refund the $250.00. I know that you were looking forward to a puppy and I do regret that this matter has ended with hurt feelings on your part.
    I think your knowledge and your determination could have been a wonderful asset in the continued development of our dogs. However, dissention like this can derail a project like this. When disagreements come to this level, it's usually better to part ways.

I am very sorry that you still feel slighted. I have done my best to handle this situation honorably. I do not wish any ill will towards you and am glad you have been such a faithful and interested owner to Finn. I wish you and Finn the best.

Best Wishes,
    Bree Normandin

Cyberjamin Oct 20, 2014

Hi Bree,
    You are correct, we "did" have a very good open channel of communication, up until you refused to open up to the possibility of Finn not being pure Husky. We came to an agreement on a partial refund (via a credit for the next pup) due to the number of issues that I already listed above. I told you at the time that I was having a DNA test done since your dad admitted to putting another sire in with the dam while you were out of town; and I finally got to see a picture of Mel, who does not look like a pure husky (the same conclusion that the lab made as well); albeit, you say you witnessed his birth, but still felt the need to remove him from the project. How do you know he isn't mixed? This is something that the Lab says "is" a possibility in his lineage. How do you know if your dad didn't throw another dog in with the Dam? Everything combined could lead to a very reasonable conclusion that there is a possibility of the lab being correct, that Finn is a mixed dog.
    This is the only thing that I ask of you...that you admit to the "possibility". On more than one occasion, I told you credibility as a breeder is a must. This means admitting and owning the good, the bad, and the ugly. Not hiding the negative reviews/comments on FB (I noticed the one from a disgruntled owner this past weekend got removed quickly); not disputing the validity of several layers of testing (DNA testing has vastly improved over the years - both human and pet); not tossing the blame on others as "I can only go by what I am told". Own it and alert others from the same litter that 1. Their birth date is inaccurate by 4 weeks; 2. That the sire is unknown due to another dog being put in with the dam while you were out of town; 3. That their mini may grown bigger than expected. Maybe you did this. I don't know. Sure, the repercussions may be undesirable, but at least you can come clean and can learn from it. I told you that you have a good business sense, and lots of potential. But you must take your project to the next level and build credibility or you will be viewed as nothing but a backyard breeder. I don't think this is what you want. I gave you pointers and tips because I believed in you. I showed you a website of another husky breeder to use as a model. I even defended you when others tried to bash your efforts. But not admitting to the "possibility" was where you blew it for me.

I am sorry this was the end result, and I really do wish you luck in the future and hope to heck that you took something away from this experience. I would not have posted in this forum had it not been for the relevance of others complaints about not seeing pictures or any details of the adults. It sounds like this is something you are working on and I applaud you for that...but only once I see it.

BTW - please go back to that other breeder site that I sent you and see their pricing page. They charge a flat rate for all dogs. Not a floating rate based on the litter, the dam/sire, the color, etc. You could learn from this as well.

All the best,
    Leslie

• Tl
    TLB3 Sep 02, 2019

@Cyberjamin Could you send me the other breeder site information you found?

• Cj
    Cjarvis Mar 27, 2015

Buyers beware!! This is a scam I put down a feposit of 120.00$ on 1/4/2015 she made puppies available on 3/15/2015 I chose a black and white male with bi-colored eyes, (I immediately paid 1594.80$ through PayPal for him and shipping for a total of 1714.80) I asked for an ETA and pic's, she told me he would ship on 3/27/2015 pics would be coming from now and shipping date. I had to repeatedly ask for pics (I got a total of 5) as the date approached I asked her if she needed anything else from me for shipping and she replied just my phone. After telling me she was having trouble getting a hold of delta airlines, I called delta myself to see what the problem was, after getting right through and finding out it was not a big deal at all to make the flight arrangements ( delta said I could make the reservation myself) after still being nice to her and offering to make the reservation with delta) she did not respond until I got a refund from PayPal with an excuse from her. I DID NOT GET MY DEPOSIT BACK!! She seems to be just ripping people off for the deposits refunding the purchase amount. What's a 120$ compared to to 1594.80$ right. I am going to post this all over because at this point I really just wanted the puppy.

Cyberjamin Mar 28, 2015

This breeder has over 10k followers on Facebook. Something needs to be done about this scam or people will continue to be ripped off. Numerous people have contacted me about issues they have faced with them. Others have contacted me about their concern about what they would be getting as a puppy. All negative comments on Facebook are deleted, so the naive never get to see them. We are then blocked from the page. All people see is the positive, which is why I never found anything bad about the breeder when I did my initial research of them.
    My pup is about to turn 1 yr next week (based on his true birthday, not the phony one they gave me). As you can see from his picture, he doesn't have husky qualities. He is thin in the waist; has skinny terrier-like legs; a spitz tail; and silky smooth thin fur (all traits of a pom). He also is aggressive and barks all the time, both of which are not husky traits..

• Lj
    ljsweet May 13, 2015

i almost got scammed by this lady until i read these reviews. i was having trouble paying with paypal so i asked her for help and she didnt reply. if you look at the on or two good comments, look at the usernames they look fake. if you look at pictures on her facebook page or on her website there is no size comparison to regular huskies and is no ages on the pictures so how can you compare the size? i have been scammed on the internet before and it almost happened again. if anyone is going to buy from her go look at her dogs in person and bring a regular size husky and compare the size. There is noone that sells mini huskies for this cheap so no wonder people want to buy them. Also i dont think huskys have green or amber colored eyes but i could be wrong

Cyberjamin May 14, 2015

I uploaded a picture of the mini (pom mix) husky (the one that's mostly white - far right) that I got sitting next to my other AKC huskies so you can see the size comparison. He is 13 mos/50lbs, the far left one is 8 mos/50lbs, and the middle one is 10yrs/70lbs. Basically, he is not mini, nor is he pure husky. His fur is nowhere close to being husky, his gait is not husky, his temperament is not husky, and he has a spitz tail.

Cyberjamin May 14, 2015

Another pic to show size comparison and Spitz tail. As you can see, he is slightly bigger than my 8 mos old AKC. His fur is silk smooth and really thin compared to that of a pure husky. He actually gets cold at night to the point where we are getting ready to get him a sweater.

• In
    Innate 1 Aug 13, 2015

Paid the deposit 12 months ago. Every request for info is met with "you should check your email". Didn't realize I had to further register on her board to get her emails. But having done that and still no result after 6 months (but I get updates with pics of puppies and "wouldn't you want to own one?" captions), still, no dog. Can't determine if she's really trying to scam people or a completely incompetent, vulnerable adult who can't keep track of things to do today. Top of the list should be 'get dog to guy who paid deposit'. But, instead spends all her time recruiting new deposits. Result is the same. Scam.

• 86
    86753098675309 Aug 21, 2015

I was lured in by the pics and wanted to get one of the puppies, but I was skeptical of just sending money to paypal. I called the number on her website and got no answer. A legitimate business will at least have voice mail on their phone line, she did not! First red flag. A few minutes later she called me back, when I started asking questions, she hung up on me. No legitimate person or business would do that. 2nd Red Flag. I am not a big Facebook person but when you look at her page there are no real testimonies of satisfied customers, the few that are there look phony. Sure when you post pics of puppies you will get followers and she is clever in this regard. 3rd Red Flag. Lastly, look at all the complaints that are virtually identical, the pattern is clear, she may provide a couple of puppies of unknown origin, but the bulk of her business is taking and keeping down payments and not providing what is promised. STAY AWAY FROM MiniHusksies.net

• Ca
    casey2232 Sep 14, 2015

I purchased a puppy from Bree and got him January of 14. i Paid deposit right away for second one and she kept putting it off saying what i wanted had not been born. to make a long story short, my first dog wasnt the dog she sent me pictures of, and then she kept putting me off for a year, then when others reached out to her on my behalf because she blocked me from being able to comment on her site. she wouldnt respond to any messages, texts, or phone calls and she kept my $110.00 deposit via paypal. and paypal cant do anything because it was past 45 days... TOTAL SCAMMER. and my parents are gettting me a dna test for him for christmas so we will see how that turns out...

• Ca
    casey2232 Sep 14, 2015

cant we all get together and do something about this... this is morally NOT RIGHT AT ALL...i dont have much money, and the little i do have i work my butt off for to have it scammed from me...

Mini Huskey.net Unethical Nov 06, 2015

Today I am looking at a play pen set up for my new mini husky in my office that is empty. Why is it empty? Let me share my family’s story to hopefully prevent you from having the same disappointment. We put a $150 deposit for a puppy In June 2015. Bree Normandin stated she goes off waiting list, but would not confirm that I would get a call, where we were on the list, and just told us to keep checking her website for available puppies. Seemed strange to me that would accept a NON REFUNDABLE deposit but could not indicate how many people were before you. Granted it does depend on the type of characteristics you want in a dog.
    So wanting a dog for my daughter’s birthday next week, we decided to pay extra for “Pick of the Litter.” Below is the description from her site.
    If you’re hoping to purchase a Miniature Siberian Husky but you need a pup within a specific time frame, you have the option of choosing pick of the litter. A buyer who occupies this position will be allowed first choice of available pups in the next litter. The buyer has the option to choose a pup or wait until the next litter and have first pick of available pups. The buyer who occupies this spot will be called immediately when puppies are born and will be given first pick at 3 weeks. There is a $600 nonrefundable fee to occupy this position and it is not deducted from the purchase price. ONLY ONE PERSON CAN OCCUPY THIS POSITION AT ANY GIVEN TIME. If you are interested in obtaining pick of the litter, please contact us at [email protected]
    A couple of weeks ago I saw that she had posted dogs available, I asked why we were not contacted since we paid for pick of the next litter. Bree replied because none of the dogs met your criteria. We had asked for a female with blue eyes and strong markings. She posted 3 dogs on her site but we have no idea how many were actually in the litter. So the statement above “a buyer has the option to choose a pup or wait until the next litter” is incorrect since we were not given the option.
    My husband gets an email this week that our puppy is ready with a picture. Note that we did not get pictures of any other dogs in the litter. The puppy seemed to be what we were looking for so we got excited. We asked for additional pictures like side view and was told she did not have the time to send us anymore pictures. Also note in the attached facebook conversation, she stated we would get videos too which I assumed would be of the litter.
    Having researched how to pick a puppy for your family and having paid for pick of the litter, we thought for sure that we would have the opportunity to interact with the puppies. And at a price of $1450.00 we surely wanted to make sure that the puppy had the disposition to blend with our dog who has been with us for 12 years now. http://www.wikihow.com/Pick-a-Puppy-from-a-Litter
    We did not like the idea of our puppy being mailed and wanted to interact with the puppies, see the parents, so my husband flew to Asheville to pick up the puppy and was going to drive her back. He bought a crate, I had already bought toys, playpen, bowls, floor covering, prepared the house to be puppy friendly which took me hours from my work to focus on what we thought was going to be our new family member. We had showed the picture to friends and my daughter had too! We had bought multiple books on training dogs.
    After having flown to Asheville, my husband gets an email stating he would need to pay on PayPal before coming to get the dog and she kept saying she would meet him at the airport. He was persistent that he wanted to see the dog first, would pay then and we could even bring cash if needed to. He was very concerned that once he paid, she would then not let him come to see the puppy’s environment and how she interacted with others. I also have found this site and sent it to him with my concerns on some of the issues presented as it appears that refunds were only partially given. When he would not agree to pay until he saw the puppy, she refunded the money and said we could not have the puppy as she reserves the right not to sell. She stated if we did not like the puppy she would have refunded all the money, but from previous comments, it was hard to believe.
    I had not known that he received an email cancelling and sent her a FB message which I have attached our correspondence from the beginning. When I had read these issues, I thought maybe they were made up or isolated cases but you can see now there is reasons to be concerned. It seemed very clear that because we wanted to see the puppy we were asking for too much and she then acted like we were doing something wrong!
    If you are having your dog shipped, I truly hope you got the puppy you thought you did. From a previous post, it looks like some puppies do not ship as promised.
    Be cautious of giving a deposit because you will not get it back and it seems that she takes a lot of deposits. I see a lot of post on the website were people say they have been on the list for over a year and still do not have.
    Note that the site states the dogs will be 15-25 lbs. However, I was able to find 2 owners of dogs that were purchased at both of their dogs are over 35 lbs. Notice that you do not see testimonials on her website and very few grown dogs. So these dogs are smaller than huskies, but are not mini sized dogs. You are being enticed by puppies not their mature look. We do have documentation in an email that Bree later stated she could not guarantee the size, so the website is misleading consumers.
    Note also that she states she is a member of the Miniature Siberian Husky Club of America. After further review, I see this is her own blog site. I do not know if this is truly a national organization as there appears to be no other members. Compare this to the site http://www.akkaoa.org/ which has a board of directors, multiple members, and list of breeders. No I am not a member of that site or affiliated, I just started investigating and realized there were so many flags that I wish I would have seen earlier.
    Below is a link to the definition of a puppy mill make your own decision but the comment that stands out to me is “Responsible breeders would never sell to someone they haven't met because they want to screen potential buyers to ensure the puppies are going to good homes.” Because we were being responsible and wanting to see our puppy, Bree determined we were not a fit for her dogs. That is a huge concern because she evidently does not want us to see where the dogs are breed. Again, she did give us her home address but it just seemed off that she wanted payment first and we really felt once received she would mandate that my husband met her some place else.
    I truly hope there are happy customers somewhere, but a breeder who does not care about hurting your children is not one that I would recommend doing business with. There are many scams out there and you have the right to ask questions. A professional would understand this and would want to sell her dogs to people who really want to ensure they have a healthy dog.

Cyberjamin Nov 12, 2015

It's a shame that this continues to happen with no recourse. I agree with casey that something needs to happen here. Too many people are getting ripped off either by not getting their puppy or their deposit back; getting a dog with issues; a dog that is not "mini"; or a dog that isn't even pure husky. People that put negative comments on Facebook are immediately blocked and their comments removed. Saying she is a member of mini husky club of america is a joke. she started that site and is on her own board of directors. she "created" the breed standards and code of ethics, and she doesn't even follow them herself. Having over 17k followers on Facebook is just scary.

• He
    HeatherVee Nov 27, 2015

I paid a deposit on a puppy and was told it would be a 6 months wait if I wanted a girl with blue eyes. I didn't care about male or female or eye color. After 6 months, I emailed the breeder (and I use that term lightly) and I received no reply. I then emailed their Facebook page asking where I was one the waiting list and stated that it had been over the original projected wait time. Mini huskies claimed they never got my email (even though I emailed through their OWN website) and insisted they never told me 6 month - which is a complete lie! I replied asking, again, where I am on the wait list and they did not reply. A simple google search supplied this website and I see that I'm not alone. I clearly have lost my $150 deposit and I am posting this in the hopes of letting others know that this is 'breeder' is a complete scam. Save your money. I am disgusted that these people have gotten away with this for so many years.

minihuskyscam Dec 09, 2015

19 MONTHS on waiting list, and then only after threatening a law suit, I was refunded my deposit...Where do I begin???? I paid my deposit in June of 2014 for a "Fall" puppy! Communication was not consistent and after several months, I emailed regarding my puppy. "Bree" said my puppy would be born by Christmas, 2014 but would not be ready to go home until after Christmas! I waited on further communication regarding my puppy, and again after several weeks...nothing! I emailed again and was told there were no blue eyed puppies in that litter. She said she was expecting more puppies in the spring. Several more months passed with no communication, and after emailing/sending facebook messages, I was told she more puppies coming in the summer...again none with blue eyes??? October she said she had 16 puppies and she would be placing them on her website for "first come, first serve?" She also started the "pick of the litter" which means someone paying more money trumps everyone on the waiting list???? After emailing Bree regarding the change in processes, she said she would be posting the puppies on the website soon...That was October! Only 5 of the 16 puppies were ever listed on her webpage? After emailing repeatedly, she informed me she was expecting 3 litters by Dec. 5. I emailed her on Thanksgiving informing her our family dog had to be put to sleep on Thanksgiving, and our 2 little boys were very sad! I inquired again about the upcoming litters, with no response! I tried again to contact her in December but again, no response! My mom, who actually did get a dog from Bree, after waiting about 8 months, sent Bree a facebook message regarding my wait time and lack of response to my inquiries. She also stated that we had the means to sue her...My deposit was refunded without my knowledge or communication. I did not want a refund, I just wanted a puppy that I had been waiting on for over 19 months. I tried emailing/messaging Bree several times requesting a puppy, rather than my deposit back with absolutely no response! So, I guess, since she didn't like the tone of my mothers message, she kicked me off of the waiting list! While I am grateful I got my deposit back, I was lied to for over 19 months! In all that time, you don't have a blue eyed black or grey/white puppy??? This process is totally unprofessional and secretive! You never know where you are on the waiting list, even after asking multiple times, and seeing many other people post asking the same thing! You are not allowed to see the mother/father of the litters, even when you go to pick up your puppy (as my mom did), you are not allowed to see them, or any of the other dogs! She went from assigning puppies to people on the waiting list, to posting them on her website, but again, she only posts a few of them, so who knows where the other ones go? If you don't mind waiting and waiting with no communication and no idea when/if you will get a puppy, then maybe minihuskies would be okay for you, but if you want a professional breeder who posts current pics, communicates honestly with you regarding your wait time, litters, and the process, etc...this is not the place!!! During all this time, she still solicits and takes more deposits, knowing she can't fulfill the current waiting list, and the process seems to change whenever she wants it to!!! She communicates enough to dangle the carrot and lead you on... I think that is extremely dishonest and unprofessional and this is a total scam!!! She has probably made a ton of money collecting these deposits, and then people get tired of hassling her for a response and waiting for years on a puppy, so they give up and she gets to keep the deposit (which seems to go up periodically also...I paid $120, now it is $150!) I did nothing wrong, (my mother said I "could sue" her), and I was then kicked off the waiting list after being repeatedly lied to for over 19 months!!! That's a long time to wait for nothing!!! On a positive note, I found a breeder that breeds a klee kai with a mini husky, and I have already chosen a puppy from her website, that will be shipped to me Jan 7!!! It has been a very smooth process and the communication has been wonderful! That is how it should be done!!!

• Rb
    Rbjk56 Jan 30, 2016

We recently purchased a puppy from Bree. He has ears, fir and a tail that is not consistent with a Siberian. Wisdom panel DNA proves he is Siberian, Pom, Amwrican Eskimo and terrier mix. This breeder is not honestly representing her pups.

mishathenotminihuskie Feb 02, 2016

I got a DNA test for my dog, and she came back part American Eskimo, and I contacted bree and she told me the test was wrong, then told me I have reading comprehension issues. HA! She told me that they are bred from full huskies and mine isnt even 75% huskie. I want money back but she told me that any further communication would be harassment. I am actually laughing at this lady! She is a total fraud.

• He
    Heather Scialdone Mar 23, 2016

I purchased a puppy from Bree and had no problems. I also saw adult mini huskies at her home. Since I live in nc.
    I also over paid and was refunded immediately. I am sorry there was problems, but I found the whole process smooth and easy I also was not picky on my puppy I had no requirements.
    I also put my request in on more than one puppy. Again I am very happy with our new girl and again had a great experience.

mishathenotminihuskie Mar 24, 2016

Have you DNA tested your dog ? I am willing to bet that you didn't get a full bred husky.

Cyberjamin Mar 24, 2016

Heather: Glad you had a smooth transaction. Not everyone has been so fortunate. It will still be interesting to see if your mini husky is truly a pure husky as advertised. I have yet to meet anyone who had their pup come back with a pure husky as a result of this testing. DNA testing has come a long way with regards to technology and accuracy; and multiple testing has been done to ensure consist results.

Daze2014 Mar 24, 2016

To Heather: it is good to hear that you had an easy time and have had a good experience with your puppy. Glad you were refunded the extra money you paid. Did you have your dog's DNA tested, your vet can do it or you can do it yourself. If your dog is 100% Husky, it would be the first one I have heard of. This "breeder" isn't just keeping deposits and making people wait for 2 years for a request for a blue eyed male, she is also lying. Her puppies are not purebreeds and anyone with any knowledge about Siberian Huskies would tell you that. Your dog is most likely part Pomeranian, part American Eskimo, or part Shiba Inu. Until you can say the DNA came back showing your dog is 100% Siberian Husky, you can't fully review this breeder. She needs to admit that she is not breeding dogs who are 100% purebreeds or she needs to DNA test each puppy before she sells it. People are waiting for months and paying way too much money for dogs that are not huskies. It is not right.

Daze2014 Apr 15, 2016

If you have been wronged by this breeder, you should look into the Mini-Husky Awareness group on Facebook. It is a closed group so you have to request access, but it is a wealth of information.

Cyberjamin Apr 16, 2016

To Heather, we have at least 6 people who have Thierry mini test and alln6 came back mixed. Ton validate the test, I also had my 2 akc huskies test and they came back pure. We also have at least 6 who do not conform to this so called breed standard with regards to size, i.e. they are over 35lbs. Mine is now 55lbs and half pom. He is 2 and has not once blown his coat. We also have at least 5 that were taken from their momma and flown with false health certificates before the age of 8 weeks. Most have not gotten a certificate, and if they did, we're blocked from the site and or club once they asked questions about pure, age, size etc. I.e.the guarantee is blgus...as is the club. Many others lost their deposit or were dropped for the wait list when they asked why after a yr that they still do not have a pupay. We have statsand data to back all of this up. This is not just a one person complaint. We have over 50 people in this awareness group.

• Be
    Betty Ketchum May 11, 2016

First of all if you read a post by Bree on June 27, 2013 on this site she says she uses Pay Pal and if she was doing fraud transactions they would not let her use them. Well Pay Pal has dropped her. So there you go. We had been lied to by her many times in our faking a with her. We saw no negative reviews on her so we went ahead with our purchase. Gave her the $150 deposit, $600 for pick if the litter and $1450 before the pup shipped and $450 before she sent the pup. She said he would be under 25 pounds and he was just 100 per cent Siberian and not mixed with anything. All not true. We had DNA done and he is husky, Pomeranian, American Eskimo, and some terriers which we suspected because he barks and dies not have other husky characteristics. We had AKC malamutes and Diberians fir forty years and decided since we were semi is now we needed a smaller dog for the first time but still wanted the breed we lived all those years. This dog has all the traits of the small dogs mixed in him including being hyper, a barker and a biter. None of our huskies acted like him. We told Bree we could not have a barking dog so the reason we were buying from her was to get the traits if a husky just smaller which is what she advertises. She has made life very difficult and expensive with lieing to us about this dog. We would have never taken him knowing he was mixed. He is over 30 pounds now and only 7 months old. We had to have a personal trainer at considerable expense to train him to be able to live with him at all. And he is still a lot to handle any given day. Poor dog has too many mixes in him that are high energy barkers to be able to be clam. I feel bad for him, sometimes he looks at me as if to say what the heck is wrong with me. He simply can not control himself on occasions. No one should be allowed to mess a dog up this way. We suspect he was not 9 weeks old when he came because he was only 4.5 pounds and had parasites bad. The vet told us he could smell blood from him when we brought him in the exam room even before testing him. Took three visits and medication to clear that up. Also taking him away from his mom and siblings too soon gives them problems. He had all those issues associated with that type separation. Bree has early posts on this site dating back to 2010 and maybe then she was trying to be responsive but in 2015 when we dealt with her she was very difficult to communicate with and when we complained in writing she blocked us from her site. That is why we never saw negative comments either. She deletes negative comments then blocked us from posting to the site. I have posted and they never appear anywhere once we complained. We put in a complaint with BBB of North Carolins and they said they had no negative reviews, we put in a complaint with Consumer Fraud Diviaion of Nieth Carolina and Bree had 15 days to respond in writing. But she just lied to them. Said she never received a complaint from us, included a guarantee that we never saw bir did anyone else, and the Consumer Fraud Folks said our only recourse was to sue her in small claims court in North Carolina. Since we are in Califirnia that is not practical. But uf anyone on here and on here in the future should put in a complaint to the fraud division because at least Bree has to answer your complaint to that department. She has to answer and if everyone does it she will be kept busy answering. Nothing may come of it but there is going to be a lot of negative attention brought to her. The BBB will give her a bad rating as well. We are not out deposits and we actually got a dog unlike some folks so I feel not as much attention is paid to us just because we were lied to about his size and him being mixed instead of just Siberian. But folks that can prove their pups were sent too young and sick to them have a valid point for animal cruelty and that is another whole can of worms to open. That vet signing those health forms is a problem for him and if she forged that Bree is really in trouble. Someone is in trouble for those vet records lieing about age of pups. Shipping too young pups and taking them away too soon from litter is so wrong. Please complain formally everywhere you can think of to stop too young of pups being sent at least. Thanks for reading. Betty

Daze2014 May 12, 2016

It has become evident that puppies who are going home with buyers are as young as 3 weeks in the case of pick ups and are, on average, 5 weeks old when sent by Delta Airlines, who sends them because they have falsified birth dates on health certificates signed off by this breeders vet, who is complicit in this cruel treatment. This is done to give the illusion of a tiny, 2 or 3 lb mini who is between 8 and 10 weeks old. When they start doubling in size quickly and begin exhibiting behaviors consistent with early removal from their mother and litter, Bree N disappears and never responds to inquiries and concerns and will block you from all communication.

Owners who post on her page that their mini is 40 -55 lbs and have their post deleted, and they are blocked from her community page and email account. She no longer identifies the litters or puppies she posts on her Facebook page because she has been discovered through dated posts on her page, and her father's page, as sending these puppies home as young as 3 weeks, which is absolutely cruel. She deletes pictures, not realizing everyone screen shots things immediately once they stop trusting her.

I am aware of 7 "mini husky" puppies who have been DNA tested and all 7 have come back as a mix of Pomeranian, Siberian Husky and American Eskimo, along with toy and terrier mixes. I don't know of a puppy who came from Bree whose DNA has been full husky. I know of 4 puppies/dogs of Bree's whose DNA tests are pending. I know they wull be mixes as well. and know they will be mixed as well. At home canine DNA tests have become widely available and affordable. They will be the end of the mini husky myth.

Bree has to be honest about what she is breeding and stop claiming she breeds a small size variant of a Siberian Husky. She also has got to stop trying to appear legitimate by sending home tiny puppies at such young ages that they are are plagued with behavioral issues. These issues are entirely avoidable if she allowed them to be raised with their litter until they are at least 8 weeks. They are not tiny little huskies arriving in giant airline crates as Bree would like people to believe. They are just extremely young husky mixes taken away from their mother way too young, all in the name of perpetuating a lie. This is why they double in size after a month. This is why you don't see pictures of adults or hear stories from satisfied owners, you will just see the same breeding adults and the same few grown puppies over and over again.

Do not trust this woman. She is very convincing and manipulative. She has done this for years and Facebok has allowed her puppies to become so in demand that she will only sell puppies to "pick of the litter" buyers who pay the extra $600. But she will take your $150 "non-refundable membership fee" to be part of a list that posts available puppies every few months, with 1-3 available puppies that are snapped up in minutes, or that will be her claim anyway. That's if you even get an email back from her.

• Ck
    cksimps May 19, 2016

A brief summary of my experience: A $150 deposit was required to get access to the "available pups" section of the web page. A wait time of 6 months was noted as average, possibly longer or shorter if specific characteristics were requested. The pup price was listed as $900-$1, 250. Following my deposit (September 2015) the breeder became unresponsive to e-mails. I observed multiple questions and comments directed toward the breeder on the Facebook page deleted. I have requested multiple puppies (without preference for a particular color) without success. I have since connected with others who have worked with/contacted this breeder some never received their pups, some have been on the wait list for 2 yrs, some received pups (shipped) younger than 8 wks, some requested to pick their pups up and the breeder changed the pick-up location at the last minute to a gas station, some were promised pups paid for their pups and then the breeder told them she had made a mistake and promised the pups to someone else, additionally the grown pups are not meeting the breed standard. Further, stories of folks who have received pups from this breeder suggest not only dishonest business practices but also inhumane treatment of animals.

The only time I have received a response from the breeder in the last 6 months is when I asked for details on the option for paying more (called pick of the litter) to have a pup sooner. During this chain of facebook messages she indicated that with out paying for the pick of the litter option it would almost definitely be after the June/July time frame before I would receive a pup if I remained on the regular wait list (note this time frame would essentially be a year after I paid my deposit).