MicrotekDoes Microtek International(P) Ltd Provide Old Repaired Items to its Valued Customer Service charge paid for new Item?

I

Dear Sir,
I have a Microtek inverter (Model No: Sinewave 875E2 with S/N:9KGTNB18906) in my residence. On basis of my complaint lodged at local service center, two mechanics visited my place on 30.05.2016 (Monday). The local branch manager of Microtek Service Station (Malda) is a true gentleman, so I have no complaint against him. On inspection the mechanic-people told me that some spare-parts of the electronic circuit board got burnt and it needed to be replaced. With my consent they changed it @ Rs 1, 000/= (bill attached). While they were changing the board I noted that the board was not a new one, rather it was a repaired one (if I am not wrong, at many places of the circuit-board the I found coarse Aluminum soldering and resin-residues, in fact the board was also looking old and shabby. As per my experience the new board has some different look. Yes I may be wrong but I have some idea about new item particularly when I belong to technical area.). I asked them "Is it old material ?" They did not give any definite answer, but mentioned that it would solve the problem. Most probably this is a repaired old item, but not the new one. I also agree that new items always do not remain in stock, in that case they should acknowledge that repaired item was installed on temporary basis - that also did not happen.

Post-replacement of this electronic board I noted that battery charging had been going for more than 24 hrs, so immediately I contacted that mechanic (Mr Halder) on 01.06.2016. He replied that it was all due to battery related problem. So accordingly I contacted "Exide" House and immediately they sent a service engineer to my residence. He came and assured me that the problem had nothing to do with the battery. However, to become 100% confirmed he gave special boosting charge for 24 hrs, even after which that problem remained as it was. He gave a detailed testing report (load test, gravity test etc) on the report card (the file attached herewith). The net result is that battery is getting charged constantly for last seven days and remained sufficiently hot round the clock - really a very alarming issue. From security point of view Microtek should take necessary steps without any further delay or lag. Accident never comes to anybody by knocking the door.

I hope Microtek authority will observe this issue with utmost importance and accordingly they will resolve the matter at their earliest. When the customer is ready to pay the listed service charge, at least the company also should also cater the brand new item.

At first I thought that I would write the whole thing (with the pictures of the circuit-board supplied to me) to different social sites like facebook, blog etc. But before doing such things I decided that I should write to the head-office of Microtek to narrate the whole scenario. Still I keep hope on Microtek family, hope they will pay me back in true sense.

As well as I would also like to draw the kind attention of all Consumer forums to this issue, so that they may help it to be resolved without any delay. At the end of the day I know that they want "no customer should be deprived at any cost". Even they may also send expert persons to my house to check the circuit-board.
Dr Indrajit Chakraborty​, Ph.D