MenardsUltradeck

R Review updated:

After we decided to spend more on our decking than using normal wood, we were shocked when after about 4 days, the decking had faded to white! It just took a few days... Not years, days! When I called to complain, they explained that it faded by design! They pointed out that their brochure showed this very clearly.

So, I found the brochure and found that all of the pictures are of the unfaded ultra deck. However, on one page in a very small photo, it says the decking will fade. I asked them why all of their pictures were of the unfaded wood? They had no answer. They also explained that the company that manufactures the ultra deck is owed by menards.

I asked for some kind of compensation and they basically said no way, we designed it this way. I explained that I could understand fading after about 10 years... Not 10 days. They didn't care.

I have no idea if other composite decking fades this way, but do your homework. We should have... Here are some pictures

• Da
    Dan Smyth Jun 21, 2020

This is a most terrible deck system!

Its embarrassing to do your best to make cuts go well, only you have the quick cap move so much with the heat and cool of each dday!

I will never install such a product again. As it is now, I have spend over 100 hours repairing issues that never should have happened.

Poor material design, and no care to the end product. Quality. Shot at best! Call me. And I will explain!

[protected]

• Fr
    Frustrated women Aug 25, 2019

I purchased the Menards ultra deck quick cap to go over an existing deck. The product is terrible. It has warped and the edges are cracking. I have spend nearly over a year going back and forth with Menards on this. They keep blaming it on the existing deck below. I have talked to several people and they say there is too much moisture that is trapped and this is what happens. Terrible product. They said they would replace the decking but what about the labor? That was just as much as the decking. Then they offered me a measly $250 store credit. Why would I want to buy anything there!

• Se
    Seed guy Jul 06, 2013

I just purchase the ultra deck handrails and spindles to replace wooden ones on my deck. I'm fairly handy as I've built a couple of houses, do all my own work, etc BUT the ultradeck handrail system is not for the inexperienced. The metal inserts fit well in the handrail when empty, but when you have spindles in place you cannot slide it in place without a whole lot of gymnastics. The product looks nice but unless you are fairly experienced in these types of difficulties, purchase another brand or hire a professional to install it for you.