Menardsrude behavior of department head

M

We have spent thousands at Menards over the years. Our front porch came from you, our 3 car garage came from you, our Gazebo, or decks, landscaping, etc. Your Crest Hill store (3218) know us by first names.

However, there is a person by the name of Chris C who works in the custom door and trim department. We have had occurrences with his attitude before. Maybe it is because we are a gay couple and he has issues with it, I don't know. But it happens over and over. Today I am sending this complaint because it needs to stop.

We ordered a custom Mastercraft double steel French outside door on 10/23/2017 at store 3218, with Chris C. (0rder #CRHL30086514) There are lots of decisions to be made on this door. We try to be as knowledgeable of products as we can but we rely on your expertise to guide us. After we placed the order we asked Chris to help us select the right door hardware for the door that will not have the deadbolt. He told us which ones and we purchase both sets of hardware handles.

When we were having the door installed, we noticed the door that was to have the dummy handles, had been bored out?? We went to the store and Chris happened to be there. Our handles he helped us select would not work with this because we had a bore hole in the door. He said well you signed off on it so its your fault... I was dumbfounded. He told us which handle to select based on the decisions we both concluded on when ordering the door, so he should have realized that he told us the wrong door handle.

As I mentioned, we have run into this type of attitude with him in the past. He becomes very defensive and makes the customer feel stupid. Well, enough is enough. You need to have a talk with this guy and have him accept he is fallible, too.

SO we had to scramble to get another door handle for our door, with no help from Chris C. We were still in shock over how he handled this.

Of all your people in the store, Chris never says hello to us, in fact he looks away. We are in the store probably 3 to 5 times a week. Not always buying.

I am fed up with Chris C's attitude. I never make these kinds of complaints.in my life I have to deal with a lot of prejudice and have to look the other way.

I think Menard's owe us some kind of gift card for our continued faith in your store, despite your employees prejudicial viewpoints on someone he doesn't even know or understand.

We love everyone else in this store, but when we know we have to deal with this department, we get very nervous and anxious... and that is not deserving of any person regardless of there status in life.

Very offended by this incidence, and very angry.

Respectfully,
Michael D'Atri & John Bailey

• Fa
    Farrowbros Jan 03, 2018

Michael, sorry that happened to you but this site may not be the best place to get any kind of response from Menards directly. This appears to be a 'generic' complaint site where posters can leave comments/complaints on a truly varied amount of different companies. Maybe try getting a hold of management of that particular store or Menards corporate...good luck

• Po
    pobarjenkins Nov 11, 2017

I think asking for a gift card for one mildly unpleasant employee is unreasonable. If you feel this angry and offended by him, you should visit another location or a different business.