Memorial Hermann Hospitaldirty restroom and cafeteria conditions

I have been in the er at Memorial Hermann two or three times and each time the restrooms at least on the first floor have
been filthy with trash on the floor, the sink tops are all wet and paper towel waste receptacles are always
filled to overflowing. I viisted the cafeteria the last time I was in their er at approx.9:00 P.M. and there
was food on the tables (leftovers) food and crumbs on the floor a dishtowel on the floor and the cashier
and a kitchen/cafeteria were at her register just "shooting the breeze". I went there a few times later after complaining to my er dr. who was very good and she said she would tell the charge nurse, I told her to tell the CEO. I have written him twice about the situation with no response. And each time I visit ther is no change.
i have sever leg and hip pain and I will have to use their pain clinic but I don't really to the way things are there. They spend hours buffing the lobby floors but they can keep the common cafeteria and rr's clean.

People have a ten percent risk of hospital infection each visit and I asked Mr. Cordola the CEO in the letter
what this means in terms of increased risk in the or and in an inpatient situation, no reponse. All they spend on advertising about how great they are, it jist doesn't add up.

Sincerely,
Robert E. Krause
Box 53893
Houston, Tx. 77052
phone [protected]

Macierose Apr 09, 2018

These complaints are horrifying. And this is Memorial Hermann? Where do they rank hospital wise? Houston has Methodist Hospitals and there is St. Luke's and Texas Children's hospitals. I was recently told to insist on a Methodist Hospital if I cannot make it to Methodist Med Center. EMS took me to a Memorial and then was Flighted to Memorial Hermann Med center. I was having a stroke. I cry every time I think of the 6 days I was there.

• Un
    Unhappy in Pearland Jun 14, 2017

Complaint against Memorial Hermann Hospital in Pearland. At the request of my physician I was asked to go to emergency because of my pneumonia. After waiting for 8 hours, no one would see me. Just received my bill for $3148. Medicare paid some and Blue Cross paid some. I questioned the bill with both of them; I think this is fraud. When the doctor refuses to see you, why should you pay anything? People who were not paying anything got in, why not the paying customers. Tried complaining to the hospital was a joke. Our medical system is deplorable. Memorial Hermann Hospital in Pearland is a joke.

• Ms
    Ms. Char May 16, 2012

I took my husband to Memorial Hermann because he had fallen on a metal grid and broke his nose, hit his head and his ribs were hurting. When we came to the emergency room, they stuck him in a wheelchair with no arms in the waiting room. I had to explain numerous times that he was about to fall out of the chair. They kept insisting they had no rooms available. It was only when I said that we should call an ambulance and get him to a hospital who could take care of him, that a room became available. When he needed to urinate the orderly stood OUTSIDE of his room. I explained repeatedly that he was unable to stand on his own and needed help to urinate. I asked the nurse to help, she said there was nothing that she could do if he fell. I had to insist on asking her to please call an orderly to help. When he was finally discharged, he was left in a wheelchair outside the discharge office. I finally wheeled him outside myself and not knowing how to operate the lock on the wheelchair, he almost fell off the curb into the street.

I don't care how understaffed an emergency room is, I do think a patients safety should mean more to the hospital. They certainly do have enough signs about asking for help instead of falling. But that doesn't mean you will get any help. In the 6 hours that we were in the emergency room, I experienced extreme negligence and recklessness. The attending nurse rolled her eyes at my every request. My husband who wasn't lucid, was given discharge directions on how to care for his broken nose while I was out of the room. He didn't remember being told anything. I certainly will not be returning there for any emergency. It doesn't matter how close I am to the hospital at the time of the emergency. I will certainly take my business some place else!!!

• Si
    SickPatient May 17, 2011

Im From Louisiana. I was reffered to a Dr There at Memorial Hermann for what seemed to be an Insulinoma. I traveled there to see the Dr and he suggested I be admitted right away to the ER. I wanted to be admitted because I felt so bad. I felt like I was dieing. BUT, I have a 6yo and bills and family to say bye to incase I dont make it out of the hospital. So I asked the Dr if I could come back and be admiteed. He sure sure. He gave me a special paper with instructions. He said to give this to the ER administartion when you come back. They will call me and we will get you admitted. After I took care of personal business back in Louisiana I went back to Memorial Hermann and straight to the ER with my mom who drove me there. It took us 9 hours to get there. But I was ready to be admitted. I arrived and showed the personnel my paper that the Dr gave me. She told me to sit down and wait. It was very late. Scary. People were rushing in to the ER with knife injuries from what seemed attempted murder. I was freaking out due to my condition. This seemed like a bad dream. They eventually asked me to go to an ER room. They asked questions. I explained why I was there and asked them call my Dr so I can get admitted. They told me straight up that they wouldnt even call the Dr much less admit me because they didnt have any blood tests done to tell the Dr what was wrong with me. I explained that I dont need tests. The Dr will know what to do. They totally denied me any service unless I allowed them to draw blood and do a few simple tests. I told them the test they were going to do would show no useful results toward my condition. They ignored me. Several hours later they said my tests were normal. REALLY? Duh! They said no need to call the Dr you can go. I told then Hell no! Im sick. Deadly Sick! I can possible have cancer of my pancrease. Soon Ill be too weak to walk from high insilin and pass out again! They ignored me. I insisted on them calling my Dr. So, they said they would. Later they came back to me saying the Dr will not admit me because my tests were normal. They basically forced me to leave. I called the Dr office before I left. I wanted to make sure someone called the Dr. The answering service answered and took my message. I told them to tell the Dr to call the ER and admit me. I waited. Eventually the answering Service called back and said the Dr called the Er but didnt imply what the Dr told the ER. I refused to leave until I had some sort of anwer as to why this Dr told me to come all the way from Louisiana to this Hospital to be admitted and NOT admit me ! I was forced to leave. Later I ended up in the ER for the same reason in my local Hospital. Im still struggling from the same symptoms. But did get some answers. The bill for Memorial Hermann came in. Even though I was FORCED to do blood work and got NO help, I was charged almost $2000. Most of it was paid by my insurance. My portion was just under $200. They demanded I pay! I completely denied ANY obligation to this bill due to there lack of help. I was not admitted and they offered no benefit to my situation. I have recorded several conversations with the customer service reps that would call me and also the Dr Office that was suppose to have me admitted to the ER. In the recordings you can hear the Dr employees and the Hospital employees both agree that the bill seems bogus. But noone wants to do anything about it except make a note! I even sent the Hospital a cd of these conversations to let them hear what the Dr Office said. They ignored it. They call and insist I pay or they will ruin my credit and ruin my reputation and an honest bill payer. I will not pay a dime to them. I have traveled far and went through hell. ANd all they can do for me is take notes? Well, I am posting this and will be also posting the Audio conversations ON YouTube and other places. If they feel the need to ruin my reputation for no good reason, I will do the same to them. Corporate America can push me, but this time I will push back.

Mariny Mar 22, 2011

Last night I took my son to Memorial Hermann Katy ER with a pain in his lungs. He had been coughing for a week while on prescribed cough medication. We were sent home because they did not consider that an emergency even though he was in constant pain. I was told to continue giving him the cough medication that had been prescribed by his doctor and if that didn't work to give him something over the counter. Today, I took him to his Doctor turns out he has walking pneumonia. The nurse didn't even bother sending a Doctor to see him or give him an X-Ray.