MedshieldUp in arms!

P

I am up in arms with Medshield! For 3 weeks I've been calling them to find out about a payment for a claim that I submitted to them. For 3 weeks they've told me that the claim in in process and that it will be paid out on the Thursday. Thursday came and gone and a promise were made for the next Thursday. I called yesterday with the hope that it might be this Thursday and got told that they will not pay me out and in fact the entire bill will not be paid. Why couldn't they tell me this 3 weeks ago! I just want to cancel my Medshield medical aid and move on and they refuse to cancel my medical aid! They cannot force me as a consumer to stay with them. I feel that their service is very bad from the beginning and that I can't allow Medshield to gamble with my life! If I need to get legal advise on this I will, I just want to leave them and go to someone else!

JohannesD Jul 01, 2011

I was in aserious motor vehicle accident last year November, my medical bills are round about 1.2 million and the medical aid has not yet paid any of the accounts, In the end they would have got their money back from the road accident fund, but instead I have been handed over to lawyers and interest has been charged to my bills and the best part is I lost my job and I am what you would call unemployable due to the seriousness of my injuries. what to do?