McGee Toyotafalse advertising

Mcgee toyota repeatedly advertises used vehicles for one price and then apply several thousands of dollars in additional charges. They claim that the actual advertised price in their ads on autotrader represent "their cost" for the vehicles and not the selling price. As an example I drove to the dealership to but a 2004 honda civic they listed for 6, 780.00 only to be told after meeting with the sales person and test driving the vehicle that the purchase price was $9, 500. I have filed an official complaint with the massachusetts attorney generals office and invite anyone with a similar experience to contact me regarding a possible class action suit at [protected]@comcast.net.

• Ha
    harvey9999 Jun 05, 2012

for example, alan richard colson wants to sue this dealership because he drove over there and did not buy a car.

• Ha
    harvey9999 Jun 05, 2012

this user just sent me email threatening to sue me for removing his ad from craigslist.
    this is childish and idiotic. it was removed by users who flagged it down because he was obvioulsly lying about having been robbed by CL users as a lame excuse for refuing to pay for construction services up front as is standard practice ( 1/3 to 1/2 plus materials).
    he openly admitted he had no evidence but would do it maliciously anyway. that's illegal in MA and he is subject t o both criminal harrassment charges and an anti- SLAP countersuit for 3x damages.
    just wanted you to know what kind of disinformation and idiotic legal actions alan richard colson ( "rick"), (age 60, watertown and newtonville, [email protected]), is capable of .AVOID.

• Ri
    Rick Colson Feb 08, 2010

I had nearly exactly the same experience.

John Jun 15, 2009

Beware of McGee’s false advertising practices. I just found a car listed on their web site, called them to confirm price/details, and went to the lot to see car. When I arrived, suddenly the car was 4K more. The salesman told me the price was actually the dealer cost, then said actually the price reflected 4k trade, and then told me I was eligible for 500 web discount, making dealer cost 500 less. How can the dealer cost change (did they suddenly pay less for this car)? Getting a straight answer out of all the lying sales staff was impossible. Whatever happens be prepared for the price to go up or the terms to swing their way. I got up and walked out, with the salesman following me still trying to pitch me. How can they get away with this?

• Hi
    Historically _speaking Jun 02, 2009

Responding to an "Internet price, " we visited the dealership and found the car we were looking for. Regardless, when negotiating a price, the price went up initially by approximately $5000 (salesperson said the "internet price" was really the dealer's price, but then he brought the price down, but still to $1000 over the Internet price.
    We left.
    Other people there at the same time got up and started to leave, telling their salesperson that they wouldn't deal with his dishonesty and false claims. He then went after them and tried to change his tune.