Mazda Motor Corporation Logo

Mazda Motor Corporation

Having problems with Mazda Motor Corporation?

+1 949 727 1990 (United States)
+44 132 262 2600 (United Kingdom)
+353 12 334 700 (Ireland)
+61 385 401 800 (Australia)
+64 95 719 720 (New Zealand)
+43 46 338 880 (Austria)
+32 38 606 611 (Belgium)
+45 43 252 100 (Denmark)
+49 21 739 430 (Germany)
+39 660 2971 (Italy)
+31 182 685 000 (Netherlands)
+351 213 512 770 (Portugal)
+41 227 193 300 (Switzerland)
+852 37 684 888 (Hong Kong)
+62 212 553 2800 (Indonesia)
+60 376 278 888 (Malaysia)
+63 25 518 000 (Philippines)
+65 63 633 003 (Singapore)
+27 127 607 700 (South Africa)
+66 20 305 400 (Thailand)
+84 839 977 824 (Vietnam)
3-1 Shinchi, Fuchu-cho, Aki-gun
Hiroshima
Japan - 730-8670

Complaints & Reviews

Horrible Service

This dealership ruined my paperwork! They incorrectly submitted/neglected to submit paperwork to dmv related to my trade in and new vehicle. As a result, I have been spending the last 6 months trying to rectify issues with my new car title and the trade-in. The dmv is getting ready to garnish my taxes because they believe the vehicle still belongs to me. I call and call and no one returns my phone calls. If anyone answers, they say the person I need is "at a meeting" even if its 430 on a friday night. As soon as I got the car, they were done with me and are refusing to accept responsibility for their screwup. No one there seems to care that a customer is suffering because of their screwup. I am now going over their heads to the credit oompany, dmv, and mazda because if you buy a car from them, apparently they dont want to deal with you afterward. Forget it!!!

• Ji
    Jim. Ketchum Nov 10, 2010

This company has gone out of business and the the Mazda franchise was bought by a different (very well respected dealer) and re-opened in a brand new facility in the same proximity but across the street.

• Ji
    Jim. Ketchum Nov 10, 2010

Posted 11-10-2010

Alternator failure!

Our 2003 Mazda Tribute has been through 3 alternators in 130,000 kilometers. After doing some research it seems a fair number of other Tributes had destroyed one or two alternators. This was brought to the attention of Mazda when dealing with this issue. They have tried to blame other things such as added on electrical devices which we do not have. The bottom line is that the alternator is under the engine and right beside the exhaust. It gets soaked in rain, then fried dry. Like soaking your hair dryer and then baking it dry in the oven. Mazda has avoided taking any responsibility for this problem despite being shown evidence that one exists. It cost over $500. X 3 Canadian per fix for these because of the 4 hour labor charge. They have to take the front end on the passengers side out to get at the thing.

ZOOM--ZOOM away from another Mazda!!!

• Ro
    roy cruz May 19, 2008

My mom has a 2003 with 55k miles and we have replaced the alterntor twice - not a fun task at all!!!

• Di
    DIY Home Builder May 10, 2011

I have also replaced the alternator on my 2003 Mazda Tribute twice at 120, 000 miles as well as two transmissions (at $3000+ each). The Tribute/Escape is a fun little car (when it its running) but it is a financial sink hole for the owners. Ford/Mazda should own up to their mistakes and cover some of the costs of these poor designs.

Fraudulent organization

I have a 1992 Mazda 929 Serenia which I routinely have serviced at Steele Mazda located at 660 Portland Street, Dartmouth NS. Recently I had an engine replaced by a private repair shop and subsequently I had to take the vehicle to Steele Mazda as the codes identified sensors problems. However, the private repair shop did inform me that while the codes identified sensor problems – that in fact was not the problem as it was inconsistent with the engine’s performance. Steele Mazda informed me that the vehicle would require three sensors – two knock sensors and one crank sensor. I consented to their acquisition and installation. I was then informed that the alternator was not charging and a new one would be necessary – again I consented and a new one was installed. However, much to my chagrin when I informed the private repair shop of the above repairs they were alarmed. The senior mechanic informed me that my old alternator was charging at 14 amps and indeed it did not requiring replacing. I informed them that the total cost for these alleged repairs was a whooping $1819.00. More disturbingly, however, once I left Steele Mazda with the alleged repairs completed within two minutes it was clear that the vehicle was not running any better than it had prior to these alleged repairs. I informed the service person and he instructed me to return with the vehicle and this time I would not be charged for them to investigate the problem. I had my wife attempt to return the vehicle only to have it break down on the highway and had to have it towed there. Some two days later the service manager informed me that the catalytic converters were plugged (all three of them) and they could install new one for around $1500 plus tax or Major discount Muffler could do if for around $750.00. I indicated that Major would be my choice as I wanted to ascertain if in fact this was the chief concern and thus; this would mean that the knock sensors were never required as the car performed no different after the installation of them. Indeed, this was absolutely the case, subsequent to the installation of the new converters the vehicle ran 85percent better than it had after the costly repairs I had occasioned. Accordingly, I scheduled a meeting with the service manager and the general manager. It was during the course of this meeting that I learned that a “Master Mechanic” did all of the alleged work on my car. Equally as disturbing, however, the service manager informed me that the master mechanic never road tested the vehicle after the $1819.00 repairs were allegedly carried out. I was dumbfounded and disappointed by this obvious lack of professionalism and lack of customer service. I asked the general manager if he would be satisfied if he had shelled out $1819.00 on alleged repairs only to learn that the car have never been properly tested to ascertain if in fact, it was running as per the alleged repairs. His response was, “indeed I would not be satisfied”. I then inquired about the alleged alternator repair and in fact, the service manager called to secure the old alternator to have it verified as to whether or not it was still serviceable. Later that evening I received a call from the general manager indicating that he had received two conflicting stories regarding the alternator; and if in fact the master mechanic lied about the serviceability of the old alternator he would be fired. A week later the general manager called me to inform me that (surprisingly now) the old alternator had been misplaced and could not be found. One has to consider that the previous week the service manager called and was able to isolate the old alternator instructed the party he was talking with to hold that part and send it to an independent source for testing. I was again bemused by this obvious change in circumstances with no reasonable explanation. Additionally, I required a Motor Vehicle Inspection (MVI) and this same Master mechanic indicated that I would need two new ball joints at a whooping $645.00 each plus tax, and some other minor work. This time I sought two second opinions and much to my chagrin in both instances the qualified mechanics indicated that they could not budge the right ball joint even with the aid of a pry bar and the left one had minimum play in it. I purchased a refurbished one for approx $100.00 and had it install by a private repair shop. I also went to another repair shop and had the vehicle pass inspection without any further delay. Since then I have solicited the CEO of Steele group Mr. Fred MacNeil and regrettably he would not respond to all of my concerns and hitherto has merely attempted to ignore both me and my concerns. Accordingly, I will be submitting my concerns to W-five with the view toward exposing this fraudulent organization.

The service i have experienced at the dealer is very poor

On sept 21, 2006 i drove my 1995 mazda millenia "the car" into duval mazda of gainesville for service. The car was running fine. The service was preventive maintenance & to check the cause of a "check engine light". The 1995 mazda has a proprietary computer system that can not be checked by any one besides the dealer. Again the car was running fine. The car and was not smoking after the initial 10 seconds at startup. I was advised that the valve covers and engine seals were leaking oil onto the top of the engine & they should be replaced. I indicated to mazda my concern that this job was done 3 years ago & that the engine smoked on start up for about 10 seconds ever since that work was done. They told me that it was not a result of the work that they had done. I authorized mazda to do about $1500 in repairs. On about wed sept 27 i paid the service fee & the car was released to me. Driving it home it was running very rough & but not smoking on driving. I took it back the next day sept 28. Mazda took the engine apart again "no charge". Mazda called me on oct 2 and told me that the engine was worn-out and needed $4000 in additional repairs. The car is now not drivable due to extreme smoking i mean extreme smoking of the engine. I had not planned on needing a new car at this time. I love the quality of the mazda cars the service i have experienced at the dealer is very poor.

What would satisfy your complaint?: return $1500 repair cost plus $1500 for car that is ruined. Or $3000 credit toward a late 1997+ model foreign 4 door car in excellent mechanical condition that cost $[protected]. Or repair my car to good mechanical condition not smoking.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices