Maybelline MascaraUnsealed Cosmetics

C

I received mascara that was not sealed. I contacted customer service that said that they sent it out sealed. They said that I should not worry about using the product, however the plastic on the back of the cardboard was not in tact at delivery. The mascara itself had no protective seal. Customer service said that I can return the product at my own expense, since they would not take any responsibility for possible damage of the packaging during delivery, but they would refund me the purchase price. Every warning tells you not to use cosmetics that have been opened. This product is for use on my eyes. I wonder if they would take responsibility if I were to suffer vision problems from infection or worse. TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. For all I know this is a used product.

Unsealed Cosmetics

Mary Fertig Oct 25, 2009

My friend was using collasola mascara and it exploded all over while she was trying to use it. What should she do?