Mate1.comrefund/fraudulent activity

E Aug 17, 2018 Review updated:

I tried a trial I repeat a trial offer! A trial offer only! Mate 1 went into my account without my permission, or authorization! They not only went into my account they went into it since December 2017.
I notified my credit card company that Iam disputing, and refusing to pay it! My email is [protected]@hotmail. I expect a full refund asp.
This is fraud, and theft! You don't go into someone's account unless you ask them, or have there permission!
I had to cancel my credit card so they won't do it anymore! It was a trial, and a trial only! I never agreed to anything more! I never agreed for them to go into my account without my authorization from December until now!
I expect a full refund! This has been reported to the fraud department of my credit card company! I expect mate1 to resolve this issue asp!

• Updated by eaubie · Aug 18, 2018

This is a scam! You can't even reach these people, or email them! If you manage to reach them they hang up!! This is a scam so many people have complained about mate 1. I refuse to pay it, and iam disputing it with my credit card company! A trial is just that a trial!! No one has the right to go into your account! Unless they get your consent, or ask you!! They never consulted me after the trial to see if I was interested they kept just taking money out! Which is a scam! They get you to do a trial so they can get your credit card, and do things like this! Iam very very upset!! I had to cancel my credit card so no more fraudulent activity can go on my card!! Iam disputing this with my credit card company! I refuse to pay these charges as it is a scam, and fraudulent activity!

• Updated by eaubie · Aug 18, 2018

Ya exactly you had to go somewhere else to find it! It is not even visible right there in big bold letters right by the trial offer! You had to go find it somewhere else! My point exactly a scam!

Omeomya Aug 17, 2018

Ok - 1) you didn't notice the monthly charges for the past 7-8 months? 2) the terms and conditions (which you agree to before signing up) clearly state that you must cancel before your trial period is up if you do not wish to be charged

From the website:

"if you do not cancel your membership before the end of the specified trial period, you will be automatically upgraded to full member status and your active credit card will billed, or rebilled, the applicable fee, on a monthly basis for as long as your full membership remains active."

eaubie Aug 18, 2018

@Omeomya They have no business going into my account without authorization!! people need to ask permission, and seek authorization!! you dont go into someone's account without asking, or permission! this is fraudulent, and theft! just because I did not notice until now does not make it right!

Omeomya Aug 18, 2018

@eaubie You GAVE them the authorization when you agreed to the terms and conditions when you signed up. They have every right to withdraw that money. You told them they could. You are responsible for canceling your membership. It isn't fraudulent or theft. You entered into a contract and they stated exactly what would happen. You chose not to read that and that's on you.

eaubie Aug 18, 2018

@Omeomya I never never never gave them authorization!!! never never! I did a trial thing and that was it!! I never never never gave them authorization to go into my account after the trial never!! I will be getting a refund!! I am disputing this with my credit card company as we speak! I have told them iam not paying it! I told them this is fraud, and iam not paying for something I did not authorize! they have no business going into my account no business without authorization and asking!

eaubie Aug 18, 2018

@eaubie Exactly it was on a different page, and in such small print I had to squint to see it! this is definitely a scam! I will notify my credit card company that it was on another page together!

Omeomya Aug 18, 2018

You really don't get it do you? you did authorize them to charge your account when you created your trial membership. you agreed to the terms and conditions in order to sign up. those terms very clearly set out the rules and what was expected. I copied and pasted a section of the terms in my first response and it took me all of 40 seconds to find that information when I went to the website. I will attach screen shots of their user agreement (the contract that you agreed to when you registered) it clearly states that you cannot even register for an account unless you agree to these terms, so you obviously did. I also highlighted the specific section on trial accounts. and finally, I felt generous, so I included the section about cancellation and refunds (you aren't going to like it, but it is what you agreed to)

Omeomya Aug 18, 2018

You really don't get it. it is part of the agreement you signed. you can keep coming up with excuses as to why you think it is a scam, simply because you chose to not do your due diligence. I didn't have to go anywhere else, I simply read through the user agreement that you must agree to in order to create an account. you didn't read it. you just checked it and went on your merry way. you did authorize them to access your account. you didn't pay attention. that is all on you.

eaubie Aug 18, 2018

@Omeomya You dont get it I was scamed! another complaint where they scamed someone $100.00! another complaint where a person was not even on file, but getting requests I saw your profile check me out! the person said it is false cause I did not even have a profile! they have so many complaints! they are a bunch of scam aexists! I will be getting a refund as my credit card company seen all the complaints, and had to go to a different page to see the conditions, and the print is so small! anyway, iam getting a refund! no way iam letting them scam me like the person for $100.00.

eaubie Aug 18, 2018

@eaubie I don't understand why your so concerned and defending fraudulent activity! I guess your not an honest person! it is none of your business so get lost you jackass, ass hole! it didn't happen to you, but, if it did I bet you would be singing a different tune! stop defending conartists stupid jackass!!