Lynette Sheldon Acting ClassCrazy and unqualified, a real waste of time!

Dont waste your money on this psycho, i've read other complaint boards about her class and they were all true. I thought I would give her the benefit of the doubt but let me tell you she has no business calling herself a teacher.
Stay far far away, run for the hills. Ive been to 4 classes and couldnt take the pain any more. Dont be fooled...save your money

• Jj
    jjp Jun 10, 2009

The situation at that school has gone on long enough. Social services needs to be called in before Lynette Sheldon hurts somebody.

• Eg
    Eghpro Nov 23, 2009

I was in Lynette's class years ago, and yes it was unorganized to the organized person due to her spontanious nature, which consequently, I received more skills from her than HB studios and many other so called acting teachers. It wasn't easy being in her class, I never knew what stunt she would pull to get us out of our own heads and into the characters. So, yes, Lynette's classes were unorganized, boundless and she talked a lot about her family.

Creative people are typically unorganized, so as far as teaching is concerned she needs to spruce up the her skills on that area. However, limits on boundaries is what her job is, if an actor wants to succeed, they better not get on that stage with boundaries, that's for life. Her "family talk" did go over a bit, but learning about humanity especially within families will make identifiying with the character easier.

I took her class for two years every week three nights a week, from Rye, NY to 28th Street and I knew I was learning a great deal. That woman taught me more about myself through every level, I not only became a good actor, but I became a better person in class. Take what you want and leave the rest, if you passion, excitement, unpredicability take her class. If you want structure, organized and not so passionate try HB.

When looking at a good Acting teacher, you will never find picture perfect. Look at a teacher who has passion and devotion. Look at a teacher after being there a while before sending her back to Australia.

EHoul

• Hb
    HBophile Aug 08, 2010

I work at HB and I resent the comment above about our studio! HB hires some of the best and the brightest award-winning actors in the business to teach classes. Lynette Sheldon, on the other hand, has a horrible reputation and a resume with dubious credits. You might want to watch what you're saying about HB.

And at HB we do not shake down our students or try and rob them, either! There's all sorts of complaints saying this Lynette Sheldon does.

• Sw
    Sweetbriar Aug 21, 2010

It's her psychiatrist that I would like to have a few words with! How could her psychiatrist take her money and let her loose in the condition that she's in?

• Me
    merrylandswest Sep 14, 2010

Her real name is Lynette Poulton and on behalf of the family I want to ask that you stop suggesting she return to Australia. While we realise that you Yanks are at wits end we don't want her back here either. London England would be the best place for her away from all of us and the bloody Pommys deserve her besides. Let her go there please and drive them crazy. Thanks Yanks!