Luminous Britesrip off people

This message is for Lori Trout in Fl - I have no way to contact you - call your credit card company NOW. Send the packageback certified, return receipt. Those people who answer the phones there are like sweatshop workers low life uneducated slobs, and thieves now too. Please also contact the better business bureau in your state. They have a "C" rating which is not bad by them but if more and more complain like we should that would change. To this date, they still have not responded back to the better business bureau. I will NOT pay those losers.

• De
    Debbie Oct 13, 2008

I signed up for a $4.99 introductory tooth whitening kit, not an $88.97 unauthorized debit to my account! That money is grocery money for 5 teenagers! THE NERVE!! Never again will I buy something like this online!!! I had better see a credit and TODAY!

• Rh
    Rhonda Herring Oct 14, 2008

I totally agree and expect the same as the blog written before me! I didn't sign up for $89.98 bill and my credit card best be refunded as well as I am calling Better Bussiness Bureau any way for your con.

• Kg
    k Gabbard Oct 14, 2008

I just found the same charge on my statement this morning.
    I'm calling my bank to dispute it and I sent luminousbrites
    an email telling them to stop billing me. I never received anything for a charge of $88.97 and it hasn't been 20 days since I received the "free kit". So I was within my window to cancel.
    What a rip off!

Mary Viola Oct 20, 2008

I totally agree with all the others who have complained about your website. I only signed up for the sample at /4.99 and was charged $89.99. please remove this from my account immediately.
    [email protected]

• Li
    Linda K Carlson Nov 03, 2008

I'm another victim to this fraud. Boy, what a scam. I, too was taken for $88.97. When I called the 1-800 #, it said to cancel during non-business hours, to email them at "support @colonex700.com." I held on hoping to talk to a customer representative, but only got that same recording about emailing them. I am within the 20 day window too, so I'm going to go to the bank and see what they can do and then I'm contacting the Better Business Bureau. We have to stick together and get this company out of business. I want my card to be credited too. I only wanted to try the product, not have a scamming company take my money. Credit my account today and cancel that membership.

• Pe
    penny Sullivan Nov 06, 2008

I am in total agreement with everyone. This is an outrage. I am also contacting the
    BBB about this company and also credit card company and bank. What a horrible way to run a company

• Sj
    sjscott3 Nov 06, 2008

I think we all have been duped into their "free sample", just pay shipping until we find the $88.97 charge on our accounts. This company is nothing but a SCAM!!!

• Je
    Jean Nov 08, 2008

I did not authorize a transaction to be taken from my bank account for 88.97 and have authorized my bank not to pay the transaction. I authorized a tranaction for 4.99 for a tube of teeth whitener. I paid for the shipping and handling and did not authroize any other payments nor do I want your product. I just wanted to try it to see if it worked. If I receive the product I will return it.

Millie Hammonds Nov 14, 2008

I ordered I free trial and without permission luminous brites charged my debit account $87.00. I called and told them to cancel and they told me to go to the website for more information but I could never get it to pull up. This is a scam and I intend to call an attorney friend of mine if my account is not remibursed. I don't know how people can steal from you and get away with it!
    Ticked off in Childersburg!!!

• Vi
    Victoria Hils Nov 18, 2008

I did not agree to this scam, I am within my twenty day window and now there is a hold on my account for $88.97. I have been on hold with this 800# and all i keep getting is a recording with a bogus email address. I will be pressing charges as well as contacting the Better Business Bureau myself.

• Ji
    Jim Nov 18, 2008

I thought the trial period was for the 5.99 I paid for the trial, not for continuing charges I did not want .

Michelle Yarasavich Nov 18, 2008

I had the same thing happen to me today. I called them and they told me to email their billing department I yelled i want to talk to someone not email...but any how after i went through all the b.s... i found there were others like me who basically got screwed..So i called them back and told them they took my money without authorization and it was within my tweny day from my first order which I never even got and i told them they were a bunch of crooks and that i reported them to the better buisness bureau

• Ri
    RIKEN Nov 19, 2008

I did not authorize a transaction to be taken from my credit card account for 88.97 and have authorized my bank not to pay the transaction. I authorized a tranaction for 4.99 for a tube of teeth whitener. I paid for the shipping and handling and did not authroize any other payments nor do I want your product. I just wanted to try it to see if it worked. If I receive the product I will return it. IF POSSIBLE THEN VOID MY TRANSACTION

• Do
    Dolores Nov 20, 2008

I filled out form for free teeth whiteing kit plus s&h and they took $88.97 out of my acc.t. After emailing them 4 times I called and was told at the end of the form was a box that was checked . That meant I had signed a contract.I do not recall such a box as I would never have ordered anything. I am a senior citizen and I cannot afford to give these people my money.What box? It, s a scam.

• Th
    THOMAS WALSH Nov 20, 2008

THEY OFFERED A TRIAL SUPPLY OF THEIR TEETH WHITENING PRODUCT FREE OF CHARGE EXCEPT FOR SHIPPING. i NEVER AGREED TO OR AUTHORIZED ADDITIONAL SHIPMENTS AND, IN FACT, RETURNED THE ORIGINAL TRIAL SHIPMENT. I HAVE NOW RECEIVED ADDITIONAL PRODUCT MATERIAL AND A NOTE INDICATING A CHARGE OF $88.97 PER MONTH. i AM ONE OF A LARGE NUMBER OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEED DEFRAUDED BY THEIR TACTICS AND I AM COMTEMPLATING LEGAL ACTION AGAINST THEM.

• Ar
    Arlene Canady Nov 20, 2008

I can't believe you people sit there and just take our hard earned money. You have truly broke me for ordering any other free samples.
    I am sending a request my bank to deny you payment. I am very angry and really wish I can get at someone. I have not use the sample yet, and now after this, I dont' even want to use it. I am returning your free sample, and realize I have to eat that $5.99, but I refuse to let you steal $88.97 from me. PLEASE DO NOT STEAL ANY MORE OF MY MONEY, VOID ALL FUTURE SHIPMENTS.

• Je
    Jessica DeHaan Nov 24, 2008

I am absolutely furious at what this company has done. I simply bought into the trial supply as well because I thought I might as well try it for so cheap, but never even used the trial supply. Upon looking at my bank account recently I saw the extra charge of $87.00. How is this justifiable? I e-mailed the e-mail they gave me with the trial supply and have yet to hear a reply. I will look into legal action if I am not refunded and my contract is stopped. There was no warning of this and I cannot afford this payment monthly for a product I do not even want. Can you please help me with this--or the company will pay.

chris perrotti Nov 27, 2008

im very upset i did not say they can take 88.00 from my acc please email me back and cancel this asap

chris perrotti Nov 27, 2008

i will contact an attorney refund all the money back i will return your garbage

• Ts
    tsteckel Nov 28, 2008

I really try to be careful, but have to admit I was scammed!!! I actually had my credit card reported lost so the crooks could not do this again. Stay away from me for a while...

• Ly
    Lynne Penley Nov 29, 2008

My debit card was charged $88.97 on 12/01/2008, posted to my account today 11/29/2008

• La
    Laura Durig Dec 01, 2008

Please cancel my membership ASAP. I also want the $88.00 credited back to my account.

• Br
    Brce A. Bertoli Dec 01, 2008

Referring to the e-mail from Luminousbrites dated 11/21/08, whereas you stated that I received the charge of $88.97 because I didn't cancel my account in the required 20? day trial period, as stated in the terms and conditions that I am REQUIRED TO READ BEFORE PURCHASING. That statement was not easily seen nor available when I, and it seems, many other people placed their orders for the trial strips( to pay only for the shipping)..?! Since I called and cancelled my account on 11/14/08, and the the man said that I would not get the strips nor any in the future, I again request that my $88.97 be refunded to my account immediately so as to return my account to a positive balance. Thank you. Bruce Bertoli

• Le
    leila shehata Dec 01, 2008

this company should be stopped and punished for the scam a lot people experienced with them.
    the company charged me $88.97 on my credit card without my authorization for order i never ask for.

john mahoney Dec 01, 2008

i was also taken by these crooks, and because i was complaining and possibly yelling on the phone as soon as i got the mail, all i heard was that the same guy other people are talking about, he put me on speaker phone, and all i heard was laughing in the back ground, this is really disgusting that a company is ripping people off and there employee's know it, and are getting there kicks just laughing all day at the people that call and complain, well i know Ive lost my money and wish i knew what to do, if there is any body that wants to direct me in my quest to get my money back it would be appreciated

• Le
    Lee Dec 02, 2008

I will go everyone one better, I got billed and never even got the starter kit. The money that came out of my account without my authorization put me in the red and I was charged several hundred dollars of fees. I have many friends that are lawyers and they have already told me to go after this con artist for all money lost and I intend to do so!! I also own my own business and we would never scam like this. This corporation and all affiliates WILL be wearing stripes BEHIND bars. Let their teeth rot!!! If the Crest Corporation is behind this they better WATCH OUT as people will drop their product like a hot potato! I can't even stand the sight of the Crest Logo now! So if it isn't Crest affiliated then Crest should put an end to this scammer and save their reputation! If all of us band together then we can find out how to put an end to all such scams!!!

• Ca
    CarlaOrtiz Dec 04, 2008

Somebody do something about these fraudolent company, where a bussiness bureau in Nashville Tn???

• De
    deb Dec 13, 2008

I do not want your product and would like my 88.99 you charges my account put back in. I would also like you to know that since you took out this money you have caused an over draft in my account. Another thing is that the money was taken out of my account on Dec. 5th and I have sill not recieved any type of product from you.

Deborah Gone
    [email protected]
    P.O. Box 1167
    Harlem, MT 59526

• Ca
    carol dunham Jan 22, 2009

I signed up for a $4.99 introductory tooth whitening kit and at the last minute I cancelled and exited the website. An intro kit arrived any way and then, another, and another, and I have been charged $88.97 unauthorized debit to my account! I called to find the company not open, the line busy, busy busy. I am a retired person who thought twice about teeth whitening, due to darkened teeth from tea and sodas all my life. But when I cancelled, I assumed it was cancelled. I have not opened any of these packages and want a refund. I will be glad to send back the unauthorized envelopes. If I had seen this blog before ordering, I would never have even entered the website.

Michael Boylan Mar 09, 2009

I also ok an 4.99 trail shipment charge, never 88.97 more .I sent back both extra shipments as recomended by Chase Cardmember Service.Then week later Chase writes and says tough luck.I will take them all to small claims court. M.Boylan, Queens, NY.

Michael Boylan Mar 09, 2009

I want my money refund ed to my charge account

Michael Boylan Mar 09, 2009

Many complaints and nothing is being done!

• To
    Todd Apr 03, 2009

biggest scam on the net. when you dispute with your bank, they make up a date after the 20 day cancellation date and say you did it after the cancellation period. They also generated a fake invoice to make it look like product was delivered.

james May 08, 2009

Have been dealing with this company since November, 2008. Clearly deceptive sales practices involved. Eventually they agreed to a 50% refund which I accepted. To date they have not credited my credit cards. The last e-mail, a couple months ago said I would receive the refund once their system was restored as it had been down. Haven't heard anything further. They have ignored all further e-mail. Gave impression they are continuing their scam using different products.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices