Luminous BritesFraud

L

I never knowingly authoritzed this company to charge my account $88.97 like they did, I truly never read the terms and conditions that I will in the future. These people at the 800 customer service line are rude ignorant people who do not care. I filed a dispute with my credit card company. Too bad we have companies like this since now I will no longer order on the internet from companies. I will stick with Amazon for everything.

Maryremes Nov 25, 2011

I purchased for my son what I thought was a trial package of their product for $4.99. It was a 14 day trial and nowhere on the sight did I see anything that indicated I was joining a club. I have no credit cards so my daughter allowed me to use hers as this was a Christmas present for my terminally ill son. A few weeks later my daughters account was charged $88.97. I call the company to find out what had happened and was told I joined a club. I cancelled membership and was told to return shipment and a credit would be given. It was not. Third call was given info I had to contact by email and maybe my money would be returned. This is not the first problem like this I have had so I tried to read everything to make sure this was not another scam. I guessed I missed something. I am sick to death though with buying one thing and ending up with another. I wish someone would get on these websites that mislead you into their traps. I am not an ignorant person but sometimes I wonder how I can miss what they are doing. The banks are no help because they don't want to hear how the erroneous charges were made. Its up to you to straighten things out if you can. The last time my rent bounced because of a minimal purchase that turned out to be something else and I lost my home. Please someone fix this problem. I am afraid to use my computer at all anymore.

• Av
    avis mints Jun 30, 2011

After reading so many complaints regarding Luminous Bright I decided to send you and all the other victims a message.

I recently got ripped off also and I was contacted by a person from Scam Book and they recommended I file a complaint on their website. Right now they are filing a law suit against BidRack.com and it looks like all the victims who posted on their website will be participating in the law suit, including myself.

I suggest you check out http://scambook.com, its not a guarantee but it is worth a shot.

Good Luck.

• Hi
    Hirtone Jun 30, 2011

So this is how my 'nightmare' begins, I was sent an email approx. 3 months ago and the email stated that you could receive a free trial of tooth whitener for shipping and handling fee only. I did pay the fee unbeknowst to me that would come back to haunt me 3 months later when they unlawfully charged my credit card for $88.97. As soon as I was charged, I checked the bank statement as to what was going on with this transaction. The only clue I had to go on that it was from Glendale, Ca. I immediately contacted my local bank and was advised in order to be re-imbursed I must file a police report. The Police Dept. advised that they would report the unlawful transaction to the High-Tech Crimes Division but since the perpretators are not local, not much chance of getting any local enforcement agency to act on the complaint/report that I filed in order to satisfy the local financial institution. Of course again, like so many that have reported this, I did try to call their #'s and that was the first thing I did but never got any answer than a blatent recording of how to 'so call cancel' your account via email and then the recording would just hang up after that message. You could never leave them a message for you to call back. And forget about trying to cancel on the internet, after all what and when did you sign up for it? I sure never saw the 'so called 'fine print' to cancel after your 'free trial'. I am just so furious after I learned what happened and like so many others that have complained as well about the same story, I knew that I was scammed as well which has made me madder than hell. The ironic thing is that after I reported all this to the authorities, they have the adasity to send me another kit with proper documentation this time. I have since turned this over to the local authorities as proof of this so called scam. And of course, they now include how to cancel the future shipments but I sure dont recalling anything in the email to back up that I signed up for extra shipments, etc. One more thing to this story, my email has since disappeared and also the so called shipping and handling fee were never charged from the bank either.

• Pe
    PEPTELLER Apr 11, 2011

PEPTELLER Inverters

India's only branded company with LCD Display in Square wave inverter models 600VA & 800VA. There are many benefits of LCD Display.

1. Displays Load % while in backup mode: You can adjust your load to keep the load % at 50%. You will get double backup time. This is not possible with LED Inverter.

2. Displays battery status: You can know the battery charge status just like you see in the mobile phone. So, you can adjust the usage of inverter according to battery charge status and get backup when it is really required.

3. Display faults and their corrective measures: In case of Overload, the warning message of "OVERLOAD" is displayed along with "SWITCH OFF EXTRA LOAD". You can easily correct the problems.

There are many more benefits. Please see attached product brochures.

To know more:

Log onto: www.pepteller.com
    Or write a mail to: [email protected]

• St
    Stacey Cudmore Aug 03, 2009

I did the same I ordered the prouduct that wa 1.99...I was then charged 11.90. Just this past friday i recieved 3 more tubes...lol...I sent them back and called there so called hot line which rambled on for 2 mins on my dime. Im then told my CC was already charged for the 3tubes...for starters I never signed up for refils and now my credit card is over the limit...they tellme I will be credited the amount they charged but now I m stuck with a 29.99 over the limit fee...all I can say is DO NOT ODRER...they just want your money!!

• Al
    alyce phillips May 29, 2009

I too have been scammed intentionally by a company who plans to steal from you right from the beginning of the originaal offer of getting your credit card to pay for shipping. Do not do this ever as the next step is to send another shipment and if you did not read the fine print you are in for a big surprise the following month. You will receive a new shipment and not only is it a ineffective treatment, it is difficult to use. We bought another product and it worked. "C" whitening strips to be exact. I cannot believe the results compared to this charleton. Please beware as they will not refund your money as any store or company would under the same circumstances in this country.

• Je
    Jenn Apr 24, 2009

Everything said here pretty much happened to me. I reported them to the BBB and they sent a nasty reply back. Even though I followed everything. Now they have the product and my money!

goldenDragon1 Apr 21, 2009

> SURE!!! WHAT A JOKE!!! THESE PEOPLE ARE LITERALLY SHAMELESSLY DEFRAUDING SCORES OF CONSUMERS, & BELIEVE ME--- YOU WILL GET EXACTLY NOQWHERE WITH THEM!!! THEY THINK THEY HAVE THIS LITTLE SCAM HANDLED DUE TO VARIOUS BANKS BEING MISLED REGARDING "CONTRACTUAL" ISSUES!!! SCREAM AT YOUR BANK & THE LOCAL DA's Consumer Fraud Unit!!! Hit the BBB, & watch for a chance to join a COMPLAINT AGAINST THE COMPANY!!!

goldenDragon1 Apr 21, 2009

FORGET IT!!! THESE MERCHANTS ARE NOTORIOUS FOR DELIBERATELY DEFRAUDING CONSUMERS!!! COMPLAIN TO YOUR BANK & LOCAL DISTRICT ATTORNEY'S OFFICE!!! THERE ARE 6 STRONG REASONS WHY CHALLENGES FOR THE CONSUMER WILL BE EFFECTIVE!!! DON'T LET THEM STEAL YOUR MONEY!!!

goldenDragon1 Apr 21, 2009

BE SURE YOU CHALLENGE THESE THIEVES IN A WAY THAT FORCES A REFUND!!! > > > GOOD FOR YOU---THIS "Merchant" IS AS UNETHICAL & GUILTY OF DEFRAUDING CONSUMERS AS ANY I HAVE COME ACROSS!!! > > > JUST HATE THE WAY THEY STRONG ARM BANKS INTO REVERSING REFUNDS BY CLAIMING "CONTRACTUAL" ISSUES!!! > > > WHAT A JOKE!!! > > > NULLIFYING the b------t "CONTRACT" at the BANKING LEVEL is the BEST WAY TO GO > Don't even ARGUE THE fact THAT NO CONTRACT EXISTED > JUST PROVE THAT IT IS NULL & VOID DUE TO NON-PERFORMANCE BY OFFENDING MERCHANT!!! > > > CONTACT ME FOR ASSISTANCE!!!

goldenDragon1 Apr 21, 2009

JUST INCREDIBLE, ISN'T IT??? > > > THIS BS COMPANY REALLY WENT ON A THIEVING EXPEDITION LAST DECEMBER!!! > > > MOST ALL OF THE DATA I HAVE FOUND CONCERNS CONASUMERS WHO WERE DEFRAUDED IN DECEMBER 2008!!! > > > ORGANIZE, DEMAND REDRESS & REVIEW BY YOUR LOCAL BANKS & D.A.'s OFFICE!!!

goldenDragon1 Apr 21, 2009

YEAH!!! > > > JOIN THE HUNDREDS OF VICTIMS OF THIS OFFENDING MERCHANT!!! > > > TAKE ACTION WITH YOUR BANK & LOCAL District Attorney's {Consumer Fraud Unit} OFFICE!!!

goldenDragon1 Apr 21, 2009

WHO SAYS IT'S LEGAL??? > > > NOT I > > > AND, I AM REVING UP TO PROVE IT IN NEAR FUTURE!!! ALL "LUMINOUS BRITES" VICTIMS, TAKE ACTION!!! > > > THIS THIEVING MERCHANT HAS GROSS ISSUES WITH MANY AREAS - INCLUDING "CONTRACTUAL" !!!

Marilyn Mar 23, 2009

I was one who also ordered the $5.00 Luminous Brites trial offer. It looked legit. I called the phone number listed to cancel and no one answered the telephone. Just a recording. Didn't realize it would be an auto-shipment. I contacted my credit card company but they determined it was my fault that I couldn't get in touch with the not-so-Brite company. I wish there was a way to get these bums charged with fraud.

• Lo
    Lori Fleishman Mar 19, 2009

I have also been charged $88.97 for monthly luminous brites shipment. I tried the $4.99 free trial and apparently agreed to the terms and conditions.(I do not remember this) When I recieved the first shipment I called the company to cancel. They cancelled order but refused to credit me the 88.97. I mailed it back but they said they never received it. Unfortunately i did not get insurance through usps. This company is ruthless. I am a dental hygienist. Any reputable company would not recommend whitening every month. The free shipment was worthless. I feel this is a scam!!! My credit card company tried to get them to give $ back, but Luminous brites said I agreed to the terms and conditions and did not cancel within the 30 daysand refused to credit my $.

• Op
    optimom Mar 17, 2009

Just had the same problem. My credit card company reversed the charges only to re-charge me claiming that Liminious Brites said I didn't cancel within the 20 days. Now I have to appeal. What a waste of time...but they will not get my money!

• Mi
    Michael Boylan Mar 09, 2009

This company needs to be USPS fraud enforcement.They are ripping people off with unauthorized charges.

• Li
    Linda Thompson Mar 06, 2009

Originally thought ther would only be one teeth whitening kit for 4.99 plus shipping, then I received a 2nd kit which I returned but my master card was charged 88.97 ( this kit was returned to me), another kit was sent, I called the company Feb 2, 2009 told them I was sending back the kit and I expected a refund. He led me to believe this was all I needed to do. When my Feb 25 statement came in I assmed it was too early, now my March statement is in and I am again charged 88.97. I called [protected] and was told to go to my original site (which I have no idea what that was) so I the person I talked to told me to go to this site which gives me no recourse that I can see.

• El
    elena Volker Mar 04, 2009

Really? I've sent numerous E-mails to which I've receive no replys..

• Ca
    ca violand Feb 27, 2009

Canceled my account, returned merchandise, credit card was charged $88.97. I want a credit on my credit card plus interest from 11/10/2008. This is fraud.

Joseph M DiSalvo Feb 26, 2009

This company charged my credit card $88.97 after I submitted my request to cancel my membership. It was a week after cancellation that this company withdrew this money from my account on November 25, 2008. I have not received any more product and called with no response. I would like my money returned to my account or I will seek help from my bank. Joseph M DiSalvo

• Cb
    cbiehl Feb 23, 2009

The very same thing happened to me...I know I NEVER gave this place my credit card number but somehow, just somehow they managed to charge my account for the $88.97. When I asked my credit card company to take the charge off my account they contacted Luminous Brites and in turn LB said my credit card company all of this proof that I had read the agreement and policies...there was NO PROOF...but I still have to offer more to my credit card company ...and they will get more because I am sending them a copy of this post. Maybe together we can get something done about this operation that is totally FRAUDULENT...I refuse to give up---even if it takes my lawyer to get this solved.

• Ku
    Kudzuhog Feb 21, 2009

This company *** you in with a promise of a FREE teeth whitening sample. What you find out later is that they keep your card information and then charge you every month 88.97 until you call and cancel. This information is not visible in the web pages only in the terms and conditions area. The webpage is covered with FREE FREE FREE but this is a SCAM SCAM SCAM! If you get in touch with someone to cancel you are informed that they don't want the products back they have been sending you (although you didn't want it all to begin with). SCAM

• Ku
    kudzuhog Feb 20, 2009

This company sucks you in with a FREE trial for 5 bucks shipping then charges you 88.97 for 3 months until you cancel. Good luck getting in touch with anyone at the number. You have to read the entire terms and conditions ie. the fine print to see it. The website is covered with FREE FREE FREE then they charge you nearly 3 hundred dollars. SCAM

Genix Billing Feb 16, 2009

Our website did have on it our terms and conditions i do apologize if did not read them. go ahead and email me with the information you entered upon ordering the free trial, and ill be able to pull up your account and take a look at it for you and see if theirs anything i can do to help you with this situation.

Genix Billing Feb 16, 2009

Our terms are clearly stated on our website i do apologize if you didnt read them. go ahead and email me with the information you placed upon ordering your free trial and ill go ahead and do my best to help you.

Genix Billing Feb 16, 2009

We are very to get in contact with, go ahead and email me and ill be able to help you with your problem.

Genix Billing Feb 16, 2009

Our terms were clearly stated on our site i do apologize for this inconvenience.Please go ahead and email me and ill be able to help you.

• Km
    KMP Feb 16, 2009

Yes there are a lot of these companies out there. I just ran across a website that was claiming that stimulus checks would be given if you follow the directions. When I run across the website I will post it.

Genix Billing Feb 16, 2009

I do apologize for the inconvenience, if you would like to go ahead and email me with any questions or concerns and ill be able to help you with anything you need.

Genix Billing Feb 16, 2009

I do apologize about your dilemma, but our representatives do not laugh at our customers let alone hang up on them. if you have the name of the person you spoke to go ahead and email me with his/her name all of our calls are recorded.

Genix Billing Feb 16, 2009

You received a monthly supply because your account was not canceled as stated in our terms and conditions, please go ahead and email me with your questions and ill be more than happy to help you.

Genix Billing Feb 16, 2009

You can go ahead and email me with all of your questions ill go ahead and pull up your account and look over it for you.

Genix Billing Feb 16, 2009

Go ahead and email me with your full name and zip code and ill be able to discontinue that account for you.

Genix Billing Feb 16, 2009

Go ahead and email me with you info and i will be able to help you with all of your questions.

Genix Billing Feb 16, 2009

We do reply to all of emails that we receive, you can go ahead and email me personally and i will be more than happy to help you with any questions you have.

Genix Billing Feb 16, 2009

Our terms are clearly stated on our website, i am sorry you didn't read them, go ahead and email me with your information and ill be able to help you with your refund.

Genix Billing Feb 16, 2009

Our call center has over 20 call representatives waiting to help you with canceling your account we currently have a 1 minute hold time. you can go ahead and email me and ill go ahead and go over your account.

Genix Billing Feb 16, 2009

I do apologize for the inconvenience, go ahead and email me with the information you entered upon ordering the free trial and ill try to locate your account.

Genix Billing Feb 16, 2009

Im sure there is some confusion on which account you ordered with, go ahead and send me an email with the information you entered upon ordering your free trial and ill be able to help you with this situation.