Low Pay CardScam and rip off!

This outfit collects $400.00 for which you get nothing but a card and a catalog to purchase their junk... NOT NAME BRANDS. The appeal, I guess, is that you can buy this junk on a monthly basis at no interest. They are very uncooperative when trying to get out of it. The $200.00 yearly membership dues is owed to them even if you want to discontinue the membership.

I received a catalog on the 13th of the month and the 14th was the cut-off date for canceling. One of the rules of cancellation is that all the 'stuff' that is sent with the catalog has to be received back within 30 days. I believe they plan that so you can't get out without being tied up in their contract.

The fraud department of my bank is working on getting part of it back, but I'll probably be stuck for $120.00.

• Or
    oreo.cookie Feb 22, 2008

I didn't fall for the scam. I received their card about a week ago and did not have time to check them out so I left it laying on my desk until i did (even though it says ACTIVATE TODAY! )

The internet is a wonderous thing if you use it! I found this site in my search for information on this company. I went looking after I found their site and when you clicked on an item it wouldn't show you the price. As soon as I found this site and read the first two or three complaints, I turned around and put the whole thing, card and all through the shredder here at work! Case closed.

I would advise any and all offers to be checked out before signing on the dotted line. This world is so full of scams and scums!
    Watch you backs and your wallets!

Have a happy day and an oreo cookie!

• Ji
    jimmy Mar 06, 2008

I do agree. Does anyone wanna start a class action against this company.

James Parish Mar 17, 2008

I just got mine today and i was checking it out on the internet with the what was on the back of the card and then I google it on the internet and be hold there it was in red and white as a ripoff.
    Good thing i checked on it.

Belive me it wa tempting with the credit limmit. I had enough bad luck so i am glade i red it.

I belive it anyone is going to give you a credit card with a limmit you should not have to pay monthly or yearly dos.

Thank you.

• Ri
    ripped off Mar 26, 2008

this is totally boguss..i would have never known i had not looked it up..they got me but i cancelled..and recieved a cancellation notice. how horrible is that people scam people who are not knowing of the situation. the lady i spoke with to activate the card never once told me about the catalog. so i called and cancelled thank God i was able too:(
    THIS IS A SCAM- RIP OFF!!

• Er
    eric Apr 07, 2008

this was so helpful you just sved me alo of money thanks

• Ka
    karina araujo Apr 07, 2008

LPC sucks!!!

• Je
    Jennifer Apr 17, 2008

Thank you for the info. This has saved me money

• He
    Helga Apr 25, 2008

LPC Is NOT a scam, read your damn letter. and the company makes complete sense. people only read what they want to see.

• Me
    Mellissa B Day Apr 28, 2008

I worked for Low Pay Card and feel that the way the program is set up is nothing but legalized robbery. When you call to activate the card activations won't answer questions on the program nor will they give you the customer service number until you are activated and there is no other way to get the number. When you activate you agree to have the $79 Non refundable processing fee the refundable $120 activation fee and the first year membership fee of $198 debited from your bank account. Once you are activated you owe $79 processing fee even if you decide to cancel right away at that point everything else is canceled. Now if you cancel after your activation fee is submited to the bank you are canceling out of contract and that fee becomes non refundable. At this point the customer is advised they can cancel at any time and given the choice of canceling now with no refund or waiting for the package to come with the refund request form and to call at that time for refund number to get the $120 back. The problem now is when the customer calls they find out that once the activation fee is paid they now owe the non refundable first year membership fee of $198 and are given two choices get the $120 back and pay the $198 or let LPC keep the $120 and the $198 is wiped out. Other problems with the program is when you activate the reps talk so fast customers miss most of what is said and when they ask questions are told lets get you activated then we'll get you to customer service to answer those questions at which time it is to late they are out the $79. Customers are also told the welcome package will arrive in 7 to 10 days or 3 to 5 days if they select rush processing for an additional $19.95 after activation which most customers believe is from the date of the call but is actually from the date the activation fee funds with LPC which is 8 business days after the date the activation fee is submitted to the bank. The bad thing is even if you pay for rush processing it can take 3 to 4 weeks to recieve your package and the post office is blamed for the delay when in fact its because there is one guy that puts the packages together and mails them out. Customer service reps are discouraged from giving out to much information unless it is asked for and to keep calls to 3 minutes. I can no longer work for this company and keep a clean conciense and I apologize to everyone I ever talked to while working for LPC.

• Be
    Benjamn Reeder Apr 29, 2008

Man am I glad that I checked this out before activating. As i sat in front of my laptop, check book in hand, waiting for the "great deals" to be showered upon me I ran across many testimonials of the poor individuals who were scammed by this company. As much as it sucks to hear about your losses not only did it save me but I'm sure it will save countless other poor souls before they are suckered into this mess. As I put my check book back into my pocket I thank all of you for your comments.

• Bo
    Bob May 13, 2008

As a former employee, I can assure you 100% that it is in fact a scam. LPC's president actively monitors these sites and posts stuff on them like "LPC is great!" "LPC is not a scam!" Unfortunately for him, the majority has spoken. It is a scam. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. Read the comments from the other former employee. They are 100% accurate. Don't be fooled by Dan Afrasiabi and his band of crooks.

• Ga
    gabriellb May 22, 2008

i just got the lpc universal 1 today saying i was up to 7, 500
    i knew right away this was not right . they got ahold of my email my address and phone number i went to check out the site but this card is going in the trash sorry no activation today. i hate scams

• La
    LATOYA TRUEBLOOD May 22, 2008

GLAD I LOOKED UP THE SITE BOY OH BOY SCAMS ARE EVERYWHERE!

• Ku
    kulwant klair Jun 02, 2008

i triee to get my refund back from one month, it seems like this is a big scam . next thing i will do close myaccount

Jared Jun 06, 2008

I feel so stupid. i was hoping that i would be able to use this card to purchase stuff from their catalogue and sell it to pawn shops so i could raise money to get back into school. I knew it was too good to be true.

• Am
    Amber Jul 07, 2008

I am really upset, with the fact they took my money out of my account not the way that was arranged and then i try to get in touch with them and i cant. No number. They took my money in May and i have yet seen a catalouge or the card. This is a huge ripoff. It has to be they wont even give you a number to reach them. So if anyone knows a number please post. The number they use to take the money out of your account, is not a number to reach them, its out of service.

• Ky
    Kyesha Jul 08, 2008

Jonathon Jul 08, 2008

I recieved the card in the mail today. It does seem like a good deal but I think that if you have to give them your bank account information, it is a rip off. This should not be legal.

Charee Jul 11, 2008

I strongly agree with everyone that thinks the card is a RIPOFF because it is. There is no way someone is going to give you a 8500 limit unless you have perfect credit. Try Capital One!!

• De
    dexter Aug 02, 2008

I recieved the LPC card a few days ago. I did not have time to activate it or read into it right away. When I got the time, I went online to see the products that were offered and immediately all of the bad comments and bad reviews came up. Thankyou to everyone who posted comments, you saved me from a headache and a finacial loss.

• Al
    Alexis Aug 05, 2008

I received a offer to good to be true. When i activated my card i was ask if i had a checking account i replied yes. They said i received an additional $1000 dollars asked for my account information they say its only to verify. My sister told me something didnt sound right but i said he just wanted to verify. After he told me he wasnt sending information to my email and sending my membership catalog in the mail. I didnt receive anything after 2 weeks. I looked that same day on there website and it had all this fancy merchanise and i was excited to view when i went to sign in it said i didnt activate no account and i know i had just talk to them. so when i decided to contact i couldnt reach the people so it says call between 9-5 and i called at 6 and guess what she picked up i told her i wanted to cancel my account and she said you know its a 79.95 chasrge going to be on your account Friday i said NO! she said yes we told you the day you activated and they didnt. She says it comes in the letter we sent you I said No it didnt you guys are scammers and i dotn agree with anything you say IM TELLING EVERYONE DO NOT I MEAN DO NOT TRUST LPC THIER SCAMMERS THEY ARE AFTER YOU MONEY IN YOUR ACCOUNT I CONTACTED THE BBB AND I HOPE YOU ALL DO THE SAME SO YOU CAN GET YOUR MONEY BACK THEY ARE FAKE PEOPLE AND IM TELLING YOU FROM HEART YOUR HARD EARNING MONEY ITS NOT MEANT FOR PEOPLE THAT STEALS FROM PEOPLE THAT WORK HARD IN THIS ECONOMIC HELP EACH STOP THESE PEOPLE TODAY...

• Ke
    Kelly Aug 09, 2008

I just want to thank everyone for their comments, It saved me money and grief. As a single mother I cant afford to throw money away. One thing I have learned is to check out business's before doing business with them. I sincerley hope someone is investigating this company.

• Da
    darlyn Aug 11, 2008

I am glad I came across this site. I received this card in the mail today. I read the letter it came with and was very skeptical about it. Thank god I did a goolge search. Or I would have been stuck with a $200 annual membership payment. That money could go to other good uses. Since I am a single mother also.

• Er
    Erica Ash Sep 24, 2008

You charge over $100 to my checking acount and told me my card was ready to use. Well I haven't even recieved a catalog in the mail and when I went online to see if I could get it that way and where it says credit card, there isn't a lpc in the catagory at all. So I would like for you to please put the money back into my account or send me a catalog and let me shop online.

• Br
    Bryan Sep 25, 2008

I just want to thank all of you who complained about this company. I just got my card in the mail today and thought it wasn't a bad deal at first. I got online to look them up and BAM! You all were right there saying to run, this is a scam. Thank you all so much for the escape of a headache and hundreds of dollars!
    Sept. 25, 2008

• Ha
    Halley Oct 31, 2008

This company took money from my checking account once they said was a debit and the other was a check. My checking account has been closed and thanks to them I owe my bank which has now sent it to collections $400.00. That's not including what I had to pay to stop them two other times. The rest was done after I had taken everything out of my account so that they would not be able to get my money. And then I find out that they had charged again. I want my money back and all the charges I have been charged from my bank back from these thieves.

• Na
    nate Jan 21, 2009

Companies like this one are what are wrong with our country today. I received there letter in the mail and called up thinking that I was getting a good service. I went the NEXT DAY and cancelled my account after reading comments on this company. After I was told that my account would be cancelled and no payments would be taken, I reviewed my statement the following month and not just one but three processing payments had been taken out of my account at $79.00 a piece. I attempted to contact this company for 3 days and waited aprox a total of 5 hours before getting to the branch manager. He was very rude and gave no concern to my claim. He simply said that I shouldn’t have signed up for the card and that his company had expended resources in “processing my account”. He did say that he would look into my account and that he would follow up with me the next business day. I have yet to hear from him. I have contacted my attorney.

Nate

• Ca
    Cat Jan 23, 2009

Yes LPC is quite the scam & rip off for everything--whether you have used it or not !!! What a dang rip off.

• Ci
    citygirl29 Feb 17, 2009

i just got my card today and i was happy that i got that much in credit 7, 500 it was to good to be true.so i went to my internet and put in
    lpc and once i saw all those complaints and how this company is bogus they were right all those fees .they got to be out there rabbit mind
    so i cut my card into pieces thanks but no thanks.

• Li
    Lisa Mar 06, 2009

These people were making checks to withdraw money from my checking accout. Yes, lets a class action lawsuit against them!

• Ne
    Nelson Amao Mar 16, 2009

Hello to everyone, today is march the 15th 2009, My name is Nelson Amao, I am puttiin my name up here incase the scamming president of LPC would love to call me or know who i am. NOW LET ME START BY SAYING, THIS IS A SCAM, I MEAN SCAM. I RECIEVED THE CARD AND NEVER REALLY READ THE FINE PRINT. I DECIDED TO GO FOR IT, HOPING TO HAVE A BETTER SCORE ON MY REPORT FOR THE FUTURE. AFTER ACTIVATING THE CARD, STUPID ME THEN DECIDED TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THE CARD, ONLY TO FIND NOTHING BUT NEGATIVE COMMENT AND EXPERIENCES. I IMMEDIATELY DECIDED TO CANCLE THE NEXT BUISNESS DAY, SINCE I ACTIVATED ONLINE AT AROUND 12MIDNITE I HAD TO WAIT TO SPEAK TO A LIVE OPERATOR. I SPOKE TO THEM THE NEXT MORNING, THEY WERE VER;Y RELUCTANT TO CANCLE SAYING THE 79 DOLLAR IS STILL NON-REFUNDABLE BECAUSE OF PROCESSING. I ASKED THE IDIOTIC REP WHAT HE PROCESSED SINCE I ACTIVATED ONLINE AT 12MIDNITE AND WAS CALLING FIRST THING WEN THEY OPENED AT 9, MIND YOU I RECORDED EVERYBIT OF THE CONVERSATION SINCE I WAS READY TO PURSUE IT IN COURT. ANYWAY HE EVENTUALLY CANCELLED BUT I CHECKED TODAY AND FOUND OUT THEY WERE STILL TRYING TO TAKE 79DOLLARS OUT, I CALLED MY BANK (CHASE BANK) I LOVE CHASE FOR THIS) THEY REVERSED THE PAYMENT AND TOLD ME TO CHANGE MY ACCOUNT INCASE THEY ARE TRYING TO RESUBMIT THE PAYMENT. SO I AM A STEP AHEAD OF ALL THEM AT LOWPAY, INCLUDING THE STUPID CEO OR WHATEVER HE IS SEO(SCAMMING EXECUTIVE OFFICER) EVERYONE STAY AWAY FROM LOW PAY CARD, THEY ARE A FRAUDULENT COMPANY. THEY PRAY ON THE AVERAGE AMERICANS TRYING TO GET CREDIT TO IMPROVE THEIR SCORES. PLUS ALL THE PRODUCTS ARE REFURBISHED AND THREE TIMES WHAT THEY COST AT YOUR MOST EXPENSIVE STORES. ************BEWARE OF LPC CARD*************** ITS A SCAM**************BEWARED OF LOWPAY CARD********************ITS A FRAUD. STAY AWAY FROM THE SITE LOWPAYCARD.COM...THEY TRYING TO TAKE YOUR HONEST DOLLARS...SCAMMING EXECUTIVE OFFICER (SEO NOT CEO) DAN AFRASIABI AND HIS STAFF ARE A RIP OFFS...STAY AWAY...

John Hancock Apr 24, 2009

the customer service number is 18008156952. ask for DAN the owner

John Hancock Apr 24, 2009

The number to the actual location is 5036268300, dan is the first extension, he is the ceo/owner

• Ir
    irishfrcrkr May 19, 2009

This is the most unethical and rude comany that I have ever dealt with. I was taken in by their scam and ended up paying over $400 in fees and never even received the card or a catalogue. I left messages over 7 times for someone to call me back and then when I finally reached someone, their "system" was down- how convenient! I finally got a hold of someone yesterday who was the most rude and condescending idiot that I have ever had to deal with. I am so sorry that I did not look into them before signing up- but I have too trusting of a nature however, I will never ever fall scam again. When I tried to cancel, I got quite the runaround and when I reminded the young man on the line that they have been reported to BBB on numerous occassions and I had yet to find one nice thing on the internet about their company, he told me that I was crazy and that they have hundreds of thousands of satisfied customers. Well, being called crazy did not sit well with me and I proceeded to give him a piece of my CRAZY mind. I got a cancellation confirmation number so we will see. My bank was not able to do anything (Citibank) but I did report them to fraud department and was told that the best thing is to cancel my checking account and open a new one. I would love to be part of class action suit or at least be part of a legal action to shut these idiots down.

chickuluv2hate86 Jun 10, 2009

I usto Work for LPC Last Year And I HATED WORKING FOR THEM! I got Laid Off Because I took off sometime because of my Grandmother's Death and even brought in her Ceremonial Newspaper Clip To show proof of her death which was HARD enough to do...He looked at me and fired me!!! DONT WORK FOR LPC!!!

• Un
    unknown4567 Aug 07, 2009

To all who havent read your freakin letter your not the the brightest bunch. Reading is fundamental... First off its the best way to understand how actual credit works before you truly dig your self in a deep whole in credit... Also there is quality goods um, scam dont think so... A scam is company gets your money no benefits at all and ahh gee what is next no one to contact so think.. Reading again is truly fundamental... You get exactly what is said in the letter. I am a valued customer and like what is available to me...

Chickuluv2hate1986 Aug 07, 2009

Yes I agree they should read their letter's Because all the Informaiton is There for you with a thick catalog of goods to choose from! Responsible People or for the few ppl who are employed and pay their bill's On time there should be no Problem.

HOWEVER DO NOT WORK FOR THEM! WORKING FOR THEM IS ANOTHER STORY FOLKS!

• Fo
    Former LPC Employee Dec 31, 2009

Dan Afrasabi is the Owner he is some rip off Arab that has mini me (adam Johnson) who has stated in meetings he would die for LPC..He is a true life boner throat i hope everyone gets their money back. They are starting a new scam soon so beware. If you want the location these Sand donkeys are working let me know i'd be more than glad to drive you there.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices