[Resolved] LiveCareer.comdon't use this service

They make it appear like you will be getting a resume for $4.95 (which by the way is Highway Robbery)! Who in the world would subscribe to a resume service and pay $34.95 per month?!?

However, when you click to purchase you "$4.95" resume you are actually subscribing to their ridiculous resume service. If someone is looking for a job, they obviously would not want to subscribe to a service like this.

When you discover the $34.95 charge on your credit card statement with their number [protected]), you can cancel the service. However, they will still charge you a pro-rated amount. I discovered it fairly quickly. So, I was only charged $10.

But still, this company is the ### of the www using predatory techniques on a segment of the population that is struggling. Download Libre office and use something from their office suite to make your resume. Or download a resume template from Microsoft.com. But don't use this service!!!

• LiveCareer's response · Jun 29, 2012

Hi Piolake,

Hi, work at LiveCareer. I apologize for the misunderstanding. The $4.95 subscription is good for 7 days and we rely on you to cancel whenever you are finished. Once you cancel you will no longer be charged. But, many of our customers continue to use our service for several months during their entire job search. Recent statistics show that the average job search can take up to 9 months. For your best chances at getting a job we do encourage users to create a customized cover letter AND tailor their resume for each job they apply to. A monthly subscription to Resume Builder makes tailoring, customizing, and creating cover letters really easy and fast, besides that you can also post your resume to 90 job boards which gives you better chances of landing a job.

If you have any questions regarding your subscription our customer service team is available 18 hours a day, 7 days a week from 6am- Midnight EST at toll free 1-888-816-0576 or through live chat on our site. If you prefer you can send us an email to: [email protected] We also list our contact information on our "Contact Us" and "About Us" Pages on our site.

• LiveCareer's response · Aug 13, 2012

Dear Tilsene,

Hi, I work at LiveCareer. We assure you LiveCareer operates in accordance with all legal standards. Our subscription prices and policies are clearly stated in the details of the subscription underneath each price option.

• LiveCareer's response · Apr 15, 2013

Dear Ashish1,

We understand the frustration, but apologies for the misunderstanding. We explain that the subscription is auto-renewing, underneath the description of the subscription in bullet form, as well as in the confirmation email you receive once you subscribe. We do offer several ways to cancel including by phone, live chat, email and self-cancellation in your Account Settings!

Please contact us immediately. We will be happy to honor this to the full extent. Our toll free number is 1-888-816-0576 we are available 7 days a week 6am-midnight EST. Or if you prefer, you can email us at: [email protected]

Livecareer

• LiveCareer's response · Jan 30, 2014

Dear Cicada,

Thank you for your comments.

The subscription that you purchased has a recurring billing feature and you can cancel at any time. It is clearly stated on the subscription sales page and the confirmation e-mail we send you upon purchase. It was also stated there as to when your subscription will auto-renew at $ 34.95.

We take great care in letting our customers know what they are subscribing to, as well as providing the many ways in which they can cancel. You can cancel by calling our customer service centre at our toll free 1-888-816-0576, which is open 18 hours a day, 7 days a week, by live chat or by e-mail to [email protected] There is even a self-cancellation feature under “My Account” on our website.

Livecareer

• LiveCareer's response · Apr 01, 2014

Dear Customer,

Thanks for your comments.

We make every effort to let our subscribers know that our service is an auto-renewing subscription. We state it on our subscription sales page when you select the initial charge. We have also sent you a payment confirmation email which clearly states the option of either cancelling your 14 day subscription, or allowing your subscription to automatically renew at the month subscription rate of $ 34.95. In the email, we state the date of the auto-renewal and we provide many ways to cancel your subscription: By calling our customer service number at 1-888-816-0576, 17 hours a day, 7 days a week; by live chat, by email at [email protected], or you can even go to our website, where there is a self-cancellation feature under the " My Account"

Please give us a call to our Customer Service Center at 1-888-816-0576, if you have questions.

Dear Cuong,

Thanks for your comments.

All of our subscriptions have an auto-renewal feature and can be cancelled at any time. Many of our customers continue to use our service for several months during their job search. Our subscription prices and policies are clearly stated in the details of the subscription underneath each price option, in bullet form as well as in the confirmation email we sent once you subscribe, stating the amount purchased and auto-renewal date. We do offer several ways to cancel including by phone, live chat, email, and self-cancellation in your Account Settings.

I would appreciate if you would contact me directly with the email address you have used to create your account so that we can resolve this issue quickly for you. Please email me at [email protected]

Dear Madcustomer21,

We are very concerned about the issue you describe. Please contact me as soon as you can so that we can investigate what is happening and resolve this issue.

I would appreciate if you would contact me directly with the email address you used to create the account so that we can resolve this issue quickly for you. Please email at [email protected]

Dear Sundaytimes10,

Thanks for your comments. We welcome all feedback from our customers.

Our resume Builder does not create auto-generated resumes. We provide numerous templates that provide a starting point for customers to begin creating their own resume. Our tips and examples make tailoring, customizing, and creating a unique resume and cover letter really easy and fast. We take pride in providing effective and valuable career, resume and cover letter assistance to hundreds of thousands of people. Because the job market can be tough these days, many of our customers use our site, realizing that using a customized resume and cover letter for each position for which they are applying increases their odds that they will get the job.

• LiveCareer's response · Jun 03, 2014

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your comments and we appreciate your feedback.

All of our subscriptions are auto renewing to ensure that there will be no interruption in the service and you can cancel anytime. May of our subscribers realize that a customized resume and cover letter for each position to which they apply, is a key to job hunting success and therefore keep our service throughout their job search.

We provide several ways to get hold of our customer service: By Phone to our toll free line 1-888-816-0576; representatives are available 6am-midnight EST, through our live help, to which you can speak to a live representative, by email at [email protected]

I'm very sorry that you have had this experience. If you have any questions with your subscription, I would be more that happy to address these personally. Please email me at anna, [email protected]

• LiveCareer's response · Jul 15, 2014

Dear Customer,

I'm very sorry that you have had this experience with our service. We take pride in providing effective and valuable career, resume and cover letter assistance to hundreds of thousands of people. Because the job market can be tough these days, many of our customers use our site realizing that a customized resume and cover letter of each position for which they are applying increases their odds that they will become employed.

We also take great care in letting our customers know what they are subscribing to. All of our subscriptions are auto-renewing if not cancelled. We state this on every page in the purchase and we send payment confirmation email stating the date and amount of the auto-renewal. We do offer several ways to cancel including by phone, live chat., e-mail and self- cancellation in your Account Settings if service is no longer needed.

We issued you a full refund as a courtesy credit.

If you have any further questions or concerns, we have Customer Service available to all of our users 18 hours a day, 7 days a week at our toll free 1-888-816-0576 to help with any issues. You can also contact us by live chat or via e-mail to [email protected]

• LiveCareer's response · Aug 18, 2014

Dear Customer,

I'm very sorry that you have had this experience with our service. All of our subscription are auto-renewing if not cancelled. We state this on every page in the purchase process and we send payment confirmation email stating the date and amount of the auto-renewal. We do offer several ways to cancel including by phone, live chat, email and self-cancellation in your Account Settings if service is no longer needed.

I would appreciate if you can provide me the email address that you used to create the account so I can work directly to resolve your issue. Please email me at [email protected]

• LiveCareer's response · Sep 09, 2014

Hi Eubym1996,

I'm very sorry that you have had this experience with our service. I would appreciate if you would contact me directly with the email address you used to create your account so that we can resolve this issue quickly for you. Please email me at [email protected]

• LiveCareer's response · Oct 17, 2014

Hi Jenne1010,

I'm very sorry that you have had this experience with our service. We issued a refund as a one time courtesy credit.

We are very committed to providing great customer service and customer satisfaction, and again are very sorry that you had this experience. We take all feedback very seriously. Please contact me directly if you have any further issues. You can email me at [email protected]

We wish you the best in your new job!

• LiveCareer's response · Oct 28, 2014

Hi Reggaeguitar,

We are so happy that you had a good experience with our site and customer service. Thanks for recommending us to others. We wish you all the best!

• LiveCareer's response · Dec 08, 2014

Hi Olesya7,

I’m very sorry that you have had this experience with our service. All of our subscriptions are auto-renewing if not cancelled. We state this on every page in the purchase process and we send payment confirmation email stating the date and amount of the auto- renewal. We do offer several ways to cancel including by phone, live chat, email and self-cancellation in your Account Settings if service is no longer needed. A monthly subscription makes it easy for our customers to customize the resume and cover letter for each position for which they are applying, and also to avoid interruption on the service.

As a courtesy, I refunded the $39.80. You'll see it on your bank statement within 2-3 business days. I have also sent you a confirmation email for your records.

We are very committed to providing great customer service and customer satisfaction, and again are very sorry that you had this experience. We take all feedback very seriously. Please contact me again directly if you have any further issues.

• LiveCareer's response · Sep 02, 2015

Hi Jennandshawn,

I’m very sorry that you have had this experience with our service. We explain that the subscription is auto-renewing. We state this on every page in the purchase process and we send a payment confirmation email stating the date and amount of the auto- renewal. We do offer several ways to cancel including by phone, live chat, email and self-cancellation in your Account Settings.

A family member or related to the account holder can utilize and cancel a subscription as long as they have the login information of the person who created the account.

We are very committed to providing great customer service and again are very sorry that you had this experience. We take all feedback very seriously. It will be forwarded to our Marketing team. Please contact me directly if you have any further issues. You email me at [email protected]

• LiveCareer's response · Sep 02, 2015

Hi Siyu Xie,

I’m very sorry that you have had this experience with our service. We explain that the subscription is auto-renewing. The details of our subscription are listed on our sales page before entering the card information. We also send a payment confirmation email stating the date and amount of the auto- renewal. There are instances that automatic emails are picked up as spam or junk mail by mistake. Make sure you check your spam/junk mail folder as well. We do offer several ways to cancel including by phone, live chat, email and self-cancellation in your Account Settings.

• LiveCareer's response · Sep 17, 2015

Hi Chin Lai Jun,

I’m very sorry that you have had this experience with our service. Please contact me directly with the email address you used to create your account or the last 4 digits of the card that was billed and card holder’s name so that I can take a look at it personally and resolve this issue quickly for you. Please email me at [email protected]

• LiveCareer's response · Mar 11, 2016

Greetings Stephanie Starks, We're very sorry that you have had this experience with our service. We explain that the subscription is auto-renewing. The auto renewal is listed with the features of the 14 day subscription on the sales page, as well as on the payment and confirmation pages. We also send a payment confirmation email stating the date and amount of the auto- renewal. We do offer several ways to cancel including by phone, live chat, email and self-cancellation in your Account Settings.

We are very committed to providing great customer service and again are very sorry that you had this experience. We take all feedback very seriously. It will be forwarded to our Marketing team. Please contact us directly if you have any further issues at [email protected] anyhow we will send you a private message to offer you further assistance.

Live Career

• LiveCareer's response · May 02, 2016

Greetings Skye84. We are very sorry that you have had this experience with our service. Our free account gives you the opportunity to try out our resume builder before deciding to purchase. The ability to print, email, or download your resume and cover letters are features included in our paid subscription and not listed as a feature of the free account. You can download a plain text version of your resume for free.

We also explain that the subscription is auto-renewing. We state this on every page in the purchase process and we send a payment confirmation email stating the date and amount of the auto- renewal. We do offer several ways to cancel including by phone, live chat, email and self-cancellation in your Account Settings.

We are very committed in providing great customer service and again are very sorry that you had this experience. We take all feedback very seriously. It will be forwarded to our Marketing team. Please contact us directly at [email protected] if you need any further assistance on your account. We will send you a private message through here so we can take a look at your account and provide you with a timely resolution.

Best Regards

Katrina

• Resolution Statement

• Ti
    Tilsene Aug 10, 2012

They are an obvious scam, and I am ashamed to have been taken advantage of.

• Nc
    NCME Jan 21, 2013

Wow..what a scam!
    I purchased a $4.95 Resume, which was not "spaced" correctly, then a week later a $34.95 charge was placed on my credit card.

UNBELIEVABLE

DO NOT USE THIS SITE!

Martha Calvert Jan 31, 2013

The Resume.was not check for spelling!!! Then they charged me $34.95.Good thing I had the money with no job!!! HOW DO THEY GET AWAY WITH THAT

• Ek
    ekoJmarT Feb 21, 2013

I cancelled mine and still got charged the $34.95!!!

• As
    Ashish1 Apr 07, 2013

WTH!!! I've just been charged Rs.1917.53 for no reason at all!! You guys are CHEATING innocent people out of their hard earned money. Just for trial's sake i made my resume. I had no intention of using your services & now this unwarranted deduction has taken place. This is plain swindling!!! I want my money back...

• As
    Ashish1 Apr 07, 2013

Going by the number of posts regarding this scam, I think we all need to publicize it outside the forum.. For starters, I'm making a facebook page for 'Livecareer.com Scam' & also on my blog, if i don't get my money back... I urge you all to do the same.. Expose this scam!!! for god's sake!!

• Ci
    cicada Jan 20, 2014

Livecareer.com Scam

They played a trick and make the auto subscribe to a resume service and pay $34.95 per month in the last sentence of your receipt. How can anyone read the receipt very carefully. We only check the amount is right? Please close the company.

• Go
    Go hell Mar 01, 2014

Fu_k Livecareer

You never send billing for auto renew, right? Why? Because you play a trick. Don't want customer notify the credit charge.
    14 Day full access but forever charge!

• Cu
    Cuong Doan May 10, 2014

This is a scam!!! Don't sign up, they will charge you $35.00

Madcustomer21 May 19, 2014

Has anyone actually fought this and gotten their money back?
    They have been charging my boyfriend for over 2 yrs now even after changing his bank information.

• Ih
    ihatelivecareer May 24, 2014

It's absolutely a SCAM!! I needed to make a resume quickly for a job I only had a couple of hours before the interview it appeared to be free at first but when I got done making the resume I realized I couldn't actually use it if I didn't pay. So being in a crunch for time I just paided the $2.00 and figured it wasn't a big deal for $2.00. Then I see a charge on my account for $39.80 and for the life of me I can't figure out what I got on that day for that price. I just keep trying to figure out what I bought I forgot livecareer even existed at this point. Then I figure it out that I didn't buy anything I was just scammed by this terrible site. And all the little comments defending livecareer are annoying. You see that there is an issue so maybe you should change it! Make it so you have to check a box if you want an auto subscription or something!!!

• Ph
    Phil.steyn Jun 02, 2014

You advise speaking to someone on your live chat... WHICH DOESN'T EXIST AND IS CERTAINLY NO LIVE. Your advised call centre numbers are also not global.

With the modern culture of agree to many terms and conditions a day for software and online payments etc, it is unfair of you to slip in the auto renewal and then claim to have disclosed it. If indeed you are an above board company and care about ethics... why have you not adjusted your sign in process to avoid all the incredible unhappiness you are creating.

A simple tick box allowing people to select the option of auto renewal would be much more honest and provide the same option. Why not do it?... because you wouldn't make the same kind of money you are now by conning people, that's why.

There is not one single good review or post about your product... only countless complaints and bad posts.

HOPE YOU CAN SLEEP AT NIGHT AND SHAME ON YOU.

• Li
    livecareerisaHUGESCAM Jul 07, 2014

LiveCareer.com is the absolutely biggest SCAM on the Internet. Apparently in the 2 pt. font underneath somewhere hidden they have these "terms" that you will be charged $40 dollars even if you click the option to pay the $4 one time. This company takes advantage of hard working Americans trying to make a decent resume to apply for jobs. I am reporting this organization to the Better Business Bureau, and am going to do everything in my power to SHUT THEM DOWN. And the feeble attempts above to defend the company are pathetic. You are swindling and cheating, and lying, and I will not stand for it. This is unbelievable to me. And if you do get swindled by them, call and tell them you absolutely will not stand for the "pro-rate" refund, that you will get a FULL refund of your money, and you will have it immediately. I got my full refund, because I told them they would be getting a fradulent charge complaint from my bank, and that I absolutely would not allow it. Do not be bullied by this joke of a company!! Do not stand for this!

Jennifer Prado Jul 07, 2014

I just cancelled the subscription to this stealer site. I want to know now if you will continue stealing money from my account. And I say stealing because I don´t use this site anymore. How can I be forced to pay something I don´t use?, Specially when I have a part time job and the money I earn is not enough. I'm really angry at this point and all I want is my money back. AND NO MORE BILLS.

• My 18 year old son who didn't know any better made a resume' on livecareer.com, and then got the "bait and switch" to pay a small fee at the very end after wasting time setting everything up. He went ahead and paid, but for the last 3 months didn't pay attention to the hidden $35 dollar subscription fee that these thieves pretended that he agreed to.

There is no way anyone would ever need a subscription to write resume's, let alone pay $35 to write one. This is nothing but a scam and they know it. I can guarantee that 99% of the people they are charging don't even realize that they are being charged. Some people don't think to look at their bank account closely, and these scam artists are exploiting that fact. These predators should be arrested, especially when they are taking advantage of inexperienced teenagers and people that are unemployed.

The fact that livecareer.com is willing to steal from low-income families that are living paycheck-to-paycheck sickens me. I'm curious how much money this crime ring makes now.

• Cb
    cbeebies Aug 27, 2014

Auto-Renew itself is a scam. Unless... unless there is an OPT-OUT selection that is not HIDDEN in the last sentence or any BS tricks.

ALSO> IF AN ACCOUNT IS INACTIVE for the entire month, at the very least it should then AUTO-CANCEL!!! They get that month's fee, but no more auto-renews.

THEY COULD LOOK IT UP and tell us how many people are getting charged and have not used it for 30, 60, 90 days... But they won't say and hey... here's an IDEA... email people to let them know its been 30 days and give em a link to cancel.

Nah...LOL... never happen.
    But they sure act all honest here.

They know it's legal but wrong and they know a decent % of the money they make is from people not knowing they get charged and if/when they find out, they just let it go.

• Ru
    rubym1996 Sep 04, 2014

How can I cancel? They just charged me the $40 as well, a I a college student, I cannot afford to pay $40 for a resume.And I haven't used the services again!

• Ru
    rubym1996 Sep 04, 2014

Has anyone one their money back after cancelling?I am a college student and cannot afford $40 for a resume.I want my money back.If I have not received a refund they will hear from my bank.

jenna1010 Oct 15, 2014

This is ridiculous. I am in orientation for a new job and get an alert from my credit card company that I just got charged $39.80. I don't even remember the website. So I rushed home and called and they said I signed up for this resume service. The only resume on there is one I wrote. The rep said it is clearly stated and I said don't tell me it's clearly stated, there are whole websites on the Internet of people complaining it's not clearly stated. So I got my money back. If you insist and threaten to dispute the charge they will give your money back.

• Re
    reggaeguitar Oct 24, 2014

My wife used this service and they did an excellent job on her resume. We completely forgot that we had a subscription and contacted them after they charged us and they gave us a full refund, I would definitely recommend this service. Here is the quoted email from them
    Dear XXXX,

We appreciate your trying out the Resume Builder.

This email is to confirm that we have credited your card in the amount of $95.40 as of 10/24/2014. We have also cancelled your subscription so that you will not be billed further. Please note that it may take 2-3 business days, depending on your bank, before you see this refund in your account or on your statement.

Keep in mind that your previously created resumes will be saved in case you decide to re-activate your account in the future.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions. You can reply to this message or click on Live Help on our site, or call 1-888-816-0576. Customer service representatives are available during our business hours, 7 Days a Week 6am to midnight (Eastern Standard Time).

Thank you for using LiveCareer Resume Builder.

Sincerely,

The LiveCareer Team

• Wi
    Will10181988 Oct 26, 2014

This company is definitely SCAM, I will contact the bank to see how get my money back! I just register there and do a resume one time, they charged me every month. I am annoyed by the cheating action!

• Fc
    Fckyoulivecareer Nov 03, 2014

If it's a reliable company, why nobody replied to my thousands emails Ive sent regarding the momey u took from my bank account, and i had canceled this this after 2 days i realised it was a scam.

• Ca
    Casandra Stacey Dec 02, 2014

I got charged $40.12!! (Includes tax .32¢) its crap! I only logged in once and used it for about 15 min! Call and cancel asap! Do not trust it! I wish I would have checked first!

• Ol
    Olesya7 Dec 05, 2014

Hello!

On 19 of November I created my CV, using Resume Builder on LIvecareer web-site. I paid around 3 USD for downloading my CV. Since then I did not enter web-site LIvecareer. How that could happen, that yesterday you charged 39.8 USD without my confirmation? That is a big sum for me and I would never subscribe to any expensive service like that. What kind of service/product did you provide me with for this amount of money? How can I return this sum back?

• Sc
    Scam.Me.Not Jan 30, 2015

So November of last year I made a resume for my boyfriend and paid for it BC I thought it wasn't a bad price. Then I checked my bank account yesterday and noticed $39.80 was taken out of my account. Wth!!??? I thought that it was just a one time deal. Nowhere did I see it was an auto payment of $34.95 a month. Excuse me? That is low down and downright dishonest. I went into my account and cancelled the service and I swear my card better not be charged again. I want a refund of my hard earned money for the $39.80 taken out of my account. That is shameful and dirty. You should be ashamed of yourselves for taking advantage of hard working people!!!

Sincerely,
    Ms. Boyd

• Sc
    Scam.Me.Not Jan 30, 2015

I was charged an additional 39.80 for last month too! Are you kidding me???? I want that back too! And I was charged for November too! Wtfh! I want that refunded too. You dirty lying cheats! I'm sorry but I would appreciate it if you refunded November, December, and this month's 39.80, total being 119.40. I can't believe I didn't see this sooner. Never ever using this site again. I hope you are BANNED indefinitely.

• Al
    Allan Lariv Feb 10, 2015

I just got my Visa Card bill, and sure enough there are two charges for $39.80 American on my card. I called Visa and immediately cancelled the card. I am a retired teacher. I have NO need for a resume, and did NOT subscribe to this service. Screw you. Last dollar you get from me.

• La
    L Alexander Mar 28, 2015

I just found out I was scammed by these people. The second I saw where my credit card was being charged with $39.80, I contacted them and just got the same comments repeated over and over as they're typing in all the above letters...blaming ME for not being observant enough. To begin with...the advertisement is for FREE resume...and you don't find out it's NOT FREE until you have finished the whole thing...THEN, you find out it's $1.95 and you have to charge it to your credit card, of course, so they have access to your credit card numbers so they can freely bill you...depending on you forgetting to cancel within the time limitation they place on you in the fine print. What a scam...talked to a "representative" that barely spoke English...and even though he heard me...he never "listened" to me...so I finally demanded to speak to a supervisor...who also was foreign-speaking. After about 45 minutes of frustration and getting the same reply over and over, he finally offered me $10 of my $39.80 back...pro-rated, he said. He adamantly refused to return the full amount even though he knew I was pissed and cheated. So...I called my credit card company and reported them...AND got my full amount refunded from them...and a lock placed on my credit card account so they're unable to bill me anymore. I'm seriously considering changing my account numbers altogether because I believe these people would be capable of illegally billing through my credit card for more money...or even selling my account information. DO NOT TRUST THIS BUNCH!!!

markinson Apr 26, 2015

Same thing here, i went online just once and paid just 4, 95 for a template, now i realized that i was charged (SCAMMED better saying) for several months with 39, 80 each month, do you think i´m in a relaxed economic position ????. I just cancelled the whole thing, but i can assure you this is not the last time you here from me AND MY LAWYER.

DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY GUYS

• Me
    MelAus75 May 02, 2015

We have been charged $52 aus for the past 10 months from this 'service' and have been unable to log in with any email or have any luck with our bank. Someone said to google the transaction and we have noticed all of these complaints with similar issues! I am shocked, I did use a resume builder but there was no option to cancel any so called subscription. I have received not one email from live career and have tried logging into there website but it says that my email isn't in there system. This is fraud and I can't believe you can get away with it. I have been treated as a fool and have been scammed out of $500! Can someone please help me on how I get this stopped, or even better have it refunded? Please help.

• Kd
    kdhdh May 05, 2015

I have had exactly the same experience! I used the website to download one resume and then didnt use it any further. Now have charges totalling over $150 AUD on my card. I contacted Live Career who basically said "too bad.. you shouldve read the fine print". I highlighted to them that when you register, a pop up screen comes up telling you that you can use all the free services and can create an unlimited amount of resumes and cover letters (amongst other things). They responded - "where did it tell you that you could download them for free?" So the point is that you can use it to create unlimited resumes - but you cant use them! I persisted and eventually got refunded for 2 of the 3 months. But when I told them that I had read the multiple complaints here they quite rudely said "why do you have time to read a blog about us, but you didnt have time to read the fine print"!!!

jennandshawn Jul 29, 2015

This company is such a scam. If you are going to charge people to renew their service, you need to tell them right away. It's bs that you are charging for them to make a resume and get a job, then once they do, you are taking their money. You are charging almost $40 twice a month. This is unbelievable and I will make sure you will be reported. You have cheated my boyfriend out of hundreds of dollars and when I called to ask about it I get put on hold for almost 10 mins. I went in and cancelled his account after seeing reviews about people still being charged after changing bank information. I can tell you that when you go in and cancel the account when you aren't even the name holder of the account, that's not legal and this is a scam. End of story. Never use this service.

• Si
    Siyu Xie Sep 02, 2015

I had been taken over $300 since my first purchase in March. and I jsut notice.

Agent's explanation:LiveCareer's continuous billing feature is stated on the Subscription Options page where you select your purchase, Payment Confirmation page, as well as on the Payment Confirmation email that is sent when you first subscribe.

But I didn't receive any fromal agreement or notice. Taking advantage of our deficit of knowledge for profits, if this is not fraud, what it would be?!

Chin Lai Jun Sep 15, 2015

LiveCareer scammed my money too. Since I am come from Malaysia. Currently my country is having currency crisis and I have lack of money. Malaysia Ringgit was dropped from RM3.20/usd to RM4.30/usd. It is a very expensive amount for me, since my salary is not high enough in this country. I have to pay more and more money for this unknown amount. I was felt curious why did my credit card statement is keep appearing "LiveCareer". This LiveCareer is really a scammer, they automatic subscribe my credit card without my approval. Last time I use their service to create a resume just because I want to look for a job. However, actually I just use their service for few days only. I was just paid for their service for one month only. However, they automatic subscribe to my credit card. I have to pay this unknown amount for every month.

• Mc
    McKayla Walker Sep 23, 2015

I used this site for my first ever resume and got the job because of it. I didn't realize that the charge was signing me up for a subscription, but upon further reading, they do clearly state that in their email receipt. That being said: Use this service, I thought they did a fantastic job, but make sure you cancel your subscription immediately after purchasing your resume. I only paid $1.95 and ended up being charged $40, but that's because I didn't follow the instructions that were clearly stated in the email. If you call the company and ask for your money back, you won't get a full refund which is frustrating (since I only used their service once), but they will refund you about 3/4 of the money.
    Just use this as a learning experience for anyone who is angry to read through things more carefully to avoid things like this in the future, but I would recommend their surface to anyone as long as they cancel their subscription within 14 DAYS of the original purchase!

• St
    Stacy Scicluna Dec 21, 2015

I used this service once and was cancelled immediately. They continue to bill me which I did not realize and I have been billed for $39.80 each month. Now I am trying to work with customer service to get this issue resolved and also mastercard. They say they do not have record of my cancellation. What a scam!

• St
    Stephanie Starks Mar 09, 2016

I just looked at my credit card statement on a credit card that I just paid off and haven't used in a while and noticed a charge from them for $39.80. Well after going back through my statements this has been going on for 9 months now 9 months of charges that were not authorized $358.20 worth. I just emailed them that I want this refunded to my credit card and I will be contacting my credit card company and hopefully something will be done. I am outraged right now that a company would do this. If I wouldn't have paid my reddit card off who knows how long this would have continued. I want my $358.20 back.

• Pe
    pervaiz muhammad Apr 17, 2016

Once i have used that site for getting cover letter and given the card details. Now they robbed me and charged the 39$ dollars from my credit card monthly bases. When i goes to webpage for deleting my info its not work.

• Sk
    Skye84 Apr 30, 2016

After cancelling the subscription that is clearly not understood by most people, I had checked my bank statement and found that this 'company' had charged me a further 3 times.i contacted customer service explained that I wanted the unauthorised funds returned to my email with all the evidence of the cancellation number with the original email and photos of the bank statement funds showing the funds that were taken.I have had to explain this over several months to the same people as they give a run down of the 14 day subscription policy and I am not entitled to refund! I have repeaetedly explained that I am not asking for those payments refunded, the payments that were taken out AFTER I HAD CANCELLED.this is obviously a scam, if not the worst business practice and ethics I have ever come across!