LiveCareer

Fri8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Sat8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Sun10:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Complaints & Reviews

Subscription — I was charged 24.95 , when I did the 14 day trail.

On the website it says you'll only be charged 19.25, so I decided to go with it and so I talked to one of the support people and they said they don't have to mention that it's actually 24.95, which I only did it cause I needed a job so obviously I don't have money to pay all of that but they said there's nothing I can do so I got fake advertised and ripped off.

Unauthorized charges of building resume

On 10th of march i was making resume on the app but without putting any details of my card 24.52$ have been debited from my account and i don't have any information of it. I had taken the subscription of it and according to their tems and conditions they will charge approx 1 $ for downloading the resume but at 2nd time my money debited from my account without downloading it I want my money back already i am suffering from money problem and i don't have my job.

fraud!!! livecareer

Check this out!! Scam!! Go to livecareer.com or type in any search "livecareer scam" they take your money!! You can't print out your resume without giving a credit card!! Then they keep making charges to it!! When you contact them they don't refund your money!!! They get you by avertising on gooogle as a "free"rsume site and after helping you with making a resume you must pay to be able to download or print your resume. That is when they get you and start charging you for £13.5 a month!
Until now, after 7 months I realize the thing, they already charge/ lie me get £ 100, your company just use the word tricky to stolen money from my bank.

fraud!!! livecareer

livecareer

This company is very misleading! At first the services were free, it then went from free to $2.95, however my card was charged $10.00. I was not even able to print my resume off after I completed it. This is not what I was expecting from this falsely decorated company. They present themselves as a helping business, however it's just another way to get money from their unemployed customers. Sad... and very unethical.

unauthorized billing/credit card details are used without permission

Kindly note that I made a transaction through your site on 27Aug2019, but on 28Aug my card was used by your site for a small amount, and on 11 September for higher amount. I have...

charged credit card without my permission (kindly refund the charges)

436966 Dear Team, As i checked my statement, where i see charges of AED: 95.33 on my credit card, as i didn't do any transaction against that payment on your website. Kindly revert...

unauthorized credit card charges

I utilized the services of live career to create my resume online and was charged for it through my GTBANK NAIRA MASTER CARD on 5th July 2019.

However, I received a debit alert today 31st July 2019 of the sum of $24.95. this charge was done without my authorization. I hereby request the following;

1. immediate cancellation of my subscription to live career forthwith

2.immediate refund of the $24.95 being debited without my knowledge and approval. the refund should be paid into this account shown below;

AKPABIO VERONICA CHUKWUEKU
ACCOUNT NO: [protected]
GTBANK NIGERIA

Thank you for your speedy and positive response.
AYENI U.A
([protected])

unauthorized charges

I removed my card info from the account after the program was used since you can't just close your account, well I'm still being charged 24.95 every single month twice a month. Four payments have been taken out. The that answered the phone could hardly speak right his speech was so slurred. In addition to the fact, the name this account is under is not even my name. I just simply want my money back!

billed within 1 month span.

Hello,

I will be cancelling my service because your company was supposed to Bill me for every month of service. There was 5 days left. I will be in contact. "Can you please explain why I was billed within a one month time frame?"
I joined around two months ago. My first bill was on the 10th of May, and the second bill was on June 5th that just came in.

Sincerely,
Edgar P.
San Diego, CA.

charges

Hi I used livecareer to update my resume. I paid for limited access and fixed my resume all ok. After some time i got a charge on my card not knowing why and inquired to...

subscription cancellation

I received this email below and provided all the details but yet to be cancelled of subscription.

this is really annoying me a lot.

this is terrible and cheating from LiveCareer

"

Thank you for contacting LiveCareer US Customer Care.

We would be happy to address your inquiry, but we don't show an account for the email address you provided: [protected]@gmail.com. Please reply to this email with the following details so that we can locate your account:

1. Other email addresses you think may be connected to the account

2. The last 4 digits of the credit card used to purchase your subscription

3. The full name on the credit card

Or if you prefer, you can cancel your subscription online at any time by logging into your account. Next, click on"My Account">"My Settings">"Subscription". You will see an option to cancel your subscription there.

If you have any questions or concerns, simply reply to this email or give us a call at [protected].

Monday - Friday 8 AM to 8 PM CST

Saturday 8 AM to 5 PM CST

Sunday 10 AM to 6PM CST

LiveCareer US Customer Care

• Updated by Shyam001 · May 04, 2019

I have tried call them and email them but there is no one to reply or attend to my call. I want to cancel my subscription and having lot of trouble in doing so. If it is not cancelled with next 24 hours then I will take it through social media and expose the whole thing. Wait for your confirmation email of cancellation ASAP.
    This worst way to do a customer service and I don't know how they got a award for great customer service!!!

subscription

I used livecareer to build a resume with their template once. They asked for a credit card to download the resume generated with their template with a one-time charge of $2.95. I was surprised to receive the charge of $34.95 on my credit card after 2 weeks and this charge was put once next month. There was no communication on this monthly service charge and no receipt/invoice sent to my registered email address for this charge. There is no mention of this recurring charge in the confirmation email for my subscription.

I am not suggesting that there shouldn't be any charges for using their services or products, but this needs to be clearly communicated to the customer which was certainly not done in this case. Anyways, $34.95 per month is too expensive for this because as a customer I am not going to build my resume everyday with a new template.

Please do not use LiveCareer as it is a scam to charge your credit card with a recurring amount.

lost 78 dollars to you without me realising.

Please refund the money you have been taking from me of 78 dollars.i realised this only when I checked my past three statements and my spam emails that you made a fine print that I will be paying 24.95 dollars every week.None of you mentioned customer care numbers including your "apparently" live customer service's are operational.
Fraud fraud fraud!live career!!! you are taking my money without me actually asking for your service.
Please revert to my emails which I have sent into your customer care.
I agreed to pay 2.95$ to download my resume ever since haven't accessed your website ever until today I realised you have taken 78 dollars from me.
this is cheating and clearly I'm not the only one complaining.

lost 78 dollars to you without me realising.

samirzaman Aug 27, 2019

all about what are you doing everyone says, you doing monkey business
    i need my refund for 2 month i am lawyer and i now how can i get my compensation from your company.Anna stop this game.if you think people stupid look at the mirror.

unauthorized deduction of rs.1479.10 (indian currency) from my debit card by this website.

Hi,
I had used Livecareer web site for building and downloading my resume on 14th January 2019 by paying Rs.143.8 from my debit card. I had got a message yesterday (29th January) stating that an amount of Rs. 1479.10 (Indian Currency) has been deduced by this site from my debit card. I haven't made any such transaction of Rs.1479.10, but still this amount has been deducted from my account. There is no any such prior information on this site stating that this amount will be deducted from my account. This is highly disappointing, if I known earlier that this site extracts money from customers in this fashion, I wouldn't have used it. I had created my account with the email id [protected]@gmail.com
Please look into this matter and ensure that I receive a refund of this amount Rs.1479.10 as soon as possible.

Regards,
Deepakkumar k

unauthorized deduction of rs. 1774.83 (indian currency) from my credit card by this website.

Hi,
I had used LiveCareer for building and downloading my resume on 5th January 2019 by paying 2.98$ from my credit card. I had received a message yesterday(19th January) stating that an amount of Rs. 1774.83(Indian Currency) has been deduced by this site from my credit card. I did not make any such transaction of Rs. 1774.83, but still this amount has been deducted from my account. I did'nt find any such information on this site stating that this amount will be deducted from my account. This is highly disappointing, had I known earlier that this site extracts money from customers in this fashion, I wouldn't have used it. I had created my account with the email id [protected]@gmail.com.
Please look into this matter and ensure that I receive a refund of this amount Rs. 1774.83 as soon as possible.

Regards,
Gairika Dutta

taking money in going from card they are fraud

Ok they pop up on line when searching for a free resume builder. They act like they are completely free until you do a couple hours work in a resume and then tell you that the...

unauthorized credit card charge

Hi, I created an account to do a resume and paid for the service on 27th November twice - possibly my error. I was charged Resume (via Bld) [protected] initially for $1.00 and...

continued unauthorised subscription fee

I used the service in the summer of 2016 to revamp my CV. In order to download the CV I needed to agree to a monthly subscription.

In October 2016 I sent an email to customer services for Live career to cancel my membership/subscription, I was absolutely disgusted to find that in October 2018 I was still being charged £14.95 per month.

I contacted Live Career and they have cancelled my subscription, however; they have refused to refund me the 24 months fees even when presented with evidence of my email to them from October 2016.

I do not feel that I should have to suffer the consequences because someone did not carry out their role properly when I made it clear that I wanted to cancel in 2016. I want to be refunded the full amount from October 2016.

• Al
    Alan Bennett8 Dec 10, 2018

Same problem with me. They do not send any emails with account details for me to check. Then when I contact they pretend they cannot find my account in order to cancel the subscription, and keep taking the money

LiveCareer.combuilding resume

Lovecareer.com is a scam and they have ripped me off for 70$
I just wanted to use some free app for building resume. I went to livecareer.com and it was claimed to build up your resume for free, so I continued making my application and when I wanted to download the file I was asked for singing up. The cheapest deal was 3$ for two weeks and they had some deals like 25 $ per year which I absolutely didn't want them. I just went with a deal because I had spent a lot of time already. So I gave my credit information and was charged around 4.5 dollars at that time. It was not mentioned on the website that I will be charged again. Today I was checking my bank accounts and I realized that they have charged me for additional 35$ Twice. That means additional 70$ without my acknowledgment. The funniest thing is when I read my confirmation email today, I realized that they have only subtly mentioned that they will automatically charge me 25$ each 4 weeks when the deal is finished, which is ridiculous. Why it wasn't mentioned on the website when I was signing up! How are they allowed to rip people off, get away easily and work legally !!!?
I want my money back!!!
Apparently I'm not the only victim! What a corrupted system.

• Updated by Jimmy1988 · Oct 14, 2018

The other thing is there are no information about the monthly pay or days left of your offer on your profile so they can charge you without you noticing it. Of course most people don’t read the confirmation email thoroughly. I just checked the amount which was 3 dollars and was correct but I didn’t give the confirmation to rip me off. So this is where they justify their overcharging.

free resume builder

I completed a google search for a free resume builder and Live Career was in the search results. I entered all my information however could not save the file until I provided a credit card for a $2.95 payment. It did not say my card would be charged every four weeks. I have one resume for $172.89, the first payment was taken out on 22 June only 2 weeks after the first payment of $2.95 which was actually more.

I would like a refund this is a scam!

resume builder

I logged onto live career for their free CV template. After completing the full CV for my husband I couldn't use it unless I paid so I paid to download it once. What I did not realize was they would charge me R400 to do nothing on their website as they automatically subscribe you and renew you to their useless service. Never again! What an expensive mistake for something I could have done for free in Word

[Resolved] subscription scam

Good Afternoon,

I have purchased a 14 day trial for 1 gbp to have access to creating a CV from Live Career UK website, in September 2016.

Then they keep making charges to it monthly, to a different value, of $15, 45.
When I contacted them they told me that I should be aware of their policies, that are automaticaly renewed and that they had sent an email notifying that change, which they did not (I even checked my SPAM box).
They insisted that I should have known that once I purchased the promotion, I should had noticed that in 14 days they would start charging.
Although they may have a point, in all my e-commerce life, I have never assisted such lack of professionalism. All other companies have always contacted me by email, to at least notify me the end of the free trials and the possibility to renew.

I find this an easy way to trick people to try something very cheap or free for a short amount of time and then not even caring to notify the client about the subscriptions. In 9 months I have never received any email from them, not even a Newsletter which I find odd. So Guys be AWARE of this kind of SCAM, and put on your calendars each time you subscribe for free or for cheap to something online.

• LiveCareer's response · Jul 06, 2018

Hello!

We apologize for any inconvenience or confusion this may have caused and we're deeply sorry to hear you experienced this with our company! Under no circumstance do we like to hear this kind of news. However, we would like to take this opportunity to clarify some information regarding our products and services.

When you signed up for our product you agreed to our 'Terms and Conditions' as well as our 'Privacy Terms'. Once you select our 14-day trial enrollment, you are automatically enrolled in our monthly subscription service, which we let you know at this stage that you may cancel at any time.

Also when we request your credit card information, we clearly explain that unless you cancel or request a cancellation you automatically authorize us to charge your account every four weeks at the current rate of the subscription. The auto-renewal information is listed on multiple areas such as:

-Sales Page
    -Payment Page
    -Processing Purchase
    -Confirmation Page
    -Payment Confirmation E-mail (Automatic e-mail stating the date and amount of the auto-renewal.)

Please contact us if you have any further questions or concerns about our products and services.

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] ongoing charges

This site charges huge money for an ongoing service for a one off product.

In Australia the fee is I excess if $50 per month. I just happened across this recurring payment in my bank accound by good luck.

I did use their service for a cover letter and maybe a resume. It was so long ago low I can't rememer. It was 2014 when I used their site for the first and last time. Since then I have had a recurring fee every month.

They don't send any sort of follow up or check in email to see if you still want or require the service. They just keep taking your money for nothing.

This is a very opaque business practice and they shouldn't be allowed to trap clients in this way.

My gym sends me emails if I haven't used their service for a while as a polite reminder. All subscription services should be required to do the same.

I cannot state how angry I am with this company.
As I see it they owe me approx $1800.

• LiveCareer's response · Jul 06, 2018

Hello!

-Sales Page
    -Payment Page
    -Processing Purchase
    -Confirmation Page

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] livecareer.co.uk — livecareer have taken money from our account monthly - do not use them

Our child needed a CV. The "free CV" service has been charging us over £13.00 per month ever since (twice in January). They justified this by saying they had sent emails to our 13...

LiveCareer / MyPerfectResumerefused to refund

I tried this "free" website and signed up for their "free" trial. I never used the website again after the "free" trial. They began charging me 34.99/month. I canceled my subscription on their website, but they continued to charge me. I called them. They refused to refund my money, even though I had never once used the subscription after the "free" trial. An honest and reputable company would refund your money if you never used their service!

LiveCareer / MyPerfectResumeunauthorized charges - I will sue this company if the money is not refunded.

Why am I being charged for something I don't use? My card is being charged every month by this site and I don't even use it. I was wondering why my money is going down and decided to check my transactions only to realize this resume site is taking my money and wasn't authorized to do such.

I request to be refunded all my money that have been taken out my account each month. $24.95 each month for the past 6 months so far.

Now I'm trying to log in to the site to see what's up and it's telling me that my email address isn't recognized.

LiveCareer / MyPerfectResume — unauthorized listing of resume

574222 Note: Livecareer.com seems to be a Resume Builder Website. On November 2, 2017, at https://resumes.livecareer.com/r/chief-product-officer-106197600, Livecareer is listing resume...

LiveCareer / MyPerfectResumehidden fees

So terrible to realize you have been charged for something you didn't use. Well. according to their term I did, I just had no idea about it.
It happens fast, without any notification. You pay 20 dollars and they charge 60.
I was impressed in a bad way, felt cheated and scammed. Worst of all you can't do anything with this, there's no opportunity to refund. It's kind of your fault you haven't read the policies, so don't be surprised you can't refund.
Terrible!!!

LiveCareer / MyPerfectResumelittle liars

Hey guys, why do you lie about free resume builder? confess it's a huge lie.
Maybe it's free when you fill it out, but if you want to save it, you have to pay for it. Then it's just a trick.
I am not sure it's fair enough. Your website looks nice, but I still don't understand why you advertise something you don't provide. Why is there no trial? Then it could be called free.

LiveCareer / MyPerfectResumeprofessional resume

I pay a professional resume service for 199 $ on 20 december 2016. I've enter all the informations asked to active the service, and then noting else happened. I call the 2 numbers : [protected] and [protected]. Last time, i'vetalked with a manager, she told us that she will send an email to her manager to ask for a reimbursement of my money, and she'll confirm it me back. It was last week and nothing happened. By phone, everybody tells me that they can see the paiement but i didn't have any service. What can i do now????

I think they are robbers!!

LiveCareer / MyPerfectResumeunauthorized credit card charges

First off, what you guys did was shameless. Like most, subscribed for a week but somehow or whatever reason they kept charging me without any notifications. Not a single information or bill to my email but they kept taking away my money for almost nine months.!!! Change your company's name to MyperfectLoot Instead. Either reimburse the money that you STOLE without letting me know.!!

LiveCareer / MyPerfectResume — resume

I used this company 12/19/2016 to build a resume, I paid $1.95 fee only. I noticed today that my account had been charged $24.95 on the following dates 01/02/2017, 01/30/2017...

LiveCareer / MyPerfectResume — company

I used this company April 2016 to build a resume I remember paying a small fee (only a couple dollars) to build a resume. February 2017, I noticed that my account had been getting...

very disappointed with livecareer

Hello. I used LiveCareer in the past and was very satisfied with this service. Everything was fine, I received proper service and enjoyed my time on LiveCareer. Problems began when I cancelled my account. I contacted LiveCareer customer service and their rep said that my account was successfully cancelled, but next month I got charged! They took $35 from me as if I still was their user. Contacted them and found out that it was actually true, for some reason my account was not deleted even thought month ago their rep said the exact opposite thing. Very disappointed with LiveCareer.

LiveCareer / MyPerfectResume — unauthorised charges to my credit card

Good day On August 20, I paid an amount of R13.11 for a 15 day subscription. On the same day another amount of R13.11 was deducted from my credit card. On September 10, an amount...

LiveCareer / MyPerfectResume — this is fraud

I used the service to write a quick resume. I then canceled it right away; so, I should have only been billed the $4.95; I just noticed 2 charges on my PayPal account; one for...

LiveCareer / MyPerfectResumescam - charged my credit card for a resume I never purchased & a subscription I have never heard of!

I haven't used my credit card in months so I didn't pay much mind to look at my statements. This was clearly a mistake because little did I notice this company has been charging me for months. The odd part is I never signed up for this service! I would never pay for a resume service (Or even a resume) especially when my university offers a better one for free. Luckily I can still file a dispute and am doing first thing in the morning. I went through my browser history and I did visit this site once at the time the charges started but according to my history, I looked at the page, clicked one link and then went back to my google search. I had no clue what this site was yet they've been billing me for months! Upon realizing this I have removed my saved credit card information from safari and my computer! It's no coincidence that this was the only credit card I had saved onto my computer/browser and the reoccurring payments stopped once they maxed my credit card out. Just a heads up to anyone who wants help writing a resume... You can screenshot the resume and just rewrite it if you're that desperate to use this site. There are plenty of sites that offer free templates if you're looking for a professional resume template. All you need to do is dl the template & rewrite whatever you have picked from this site. After I noticed this reoccurring charge I checked the site out and I assure you there are way better sites that offer free advice. Universities often have online pdf resume writing files with phrases, keywords, sample resumes, and advise for specific career fields. You do not need to pay for a site. You will not benefit from using a resume from this site if the employer is using an applicant tracking system. I believe the statistic for employers who use an ats to scan resumes is at something crazy high like 80% of all employers use one.

[Resolved] dishonest company

I decided to use LiveCareer service because they had free templates and I spent hours making my perfect cover letter. When I finished it I wanted to print it out but the site...

LiveCareer / MyPerfectResumesubscription

The reps replying to these comments continue to claim that it is clearly stated that you will automatically be charged nearly 40 dollars if you do not cancel and yet look how many people are taken by surprise. This is deceptive.
I made an attempt to cancel my subscription before I was charged 40 dollars. I believe what I did was deactivate my account instead of actually unsubscribing like I thought I had. The customer service rep I spoke to on the phone just mumbled the whole time and was useless. I have had a ticket submitted for a refund but I know they will not do anything. If I am not given at least a partial refund I intend to continue leaving my honest review of this site anywhere I can and I will advise the Career Services department I work with to never recommend this site to anyone. In fact, they should advise against it.
What this site does is technically give you the minimal fair warning in order to cover their a**es but purposefully sets it up so that we will all fall into the trap of being charged without realizing it. It's very unprofessional and frankly it's a scam.

• Kr
    K Ryalt Apr 23, 2016

I would also like to say to the rep who has been commenting who is either named Katrina or Anna but you can't tell because there seems to be two different names associated: it was said to another customer "and we send payment confirmation email stating the date and amount of the auto- renewal." At least in my case, this is a lie. I never received a single email informing of the auto renewal or any charges. I have taken a screen shot of that response and claim to keep on file to use in conjunction with evidence that I never received any such email.

• Ke
    Keonaona May 03, 2016

I totally agree. I new that there would be a minimum charge after 30 days, not $ 35.80 after 1 week. I now can't find my resume, only the cover letter.
    Very disappointed in customer service as well. Live Chat and email with no response yet.

[Resolved] LiveCareer / MyPerfectResume — they robbed me!

I joined www.livecareer.com and made a resume but was not able to use because there was something wrong with the format. So I went to another site and successfully made a resume...