Live Nationtickets

J

First and foremost, I’ve never written a complaint in my entire life. To keep this simple, I will never use LiveNation or Ticketmaster again. I am writing this complaint in hopes that someone working at Live Nation can make the situation right, as well as to inform potential new customers to stay away and stick with reliable competitors such as StubHub.

Below is my first and last experience with LiveNation / Ticketmaster:

On April 2, 2017 I purchased 4 tickets to see Darius Rucker perform at Virginia Beach’s Patriotic Festival; Darius Rucker was scheduled to perform on June 3rd. Upon completing my transaction, I was notified that my tickets would be shipped to me in 10-14 days.

Most companies, respectable ones at least, notify their customers when the tickets they purchase ship as well as a tracking order to give the customer a sense of security and awareness of where their tickets are during the delivery period. Instead, Live Nation informed me my tickets were “shipping shortly” and provided no tracking number.

Additionally, most companies actually ship your tickets and then confirm with you via email that your tickets had been delivered; I never received the tickets I purchased. (No screenshot to provide since I was never given this information…)

Due to my patience (possible ignorance, but hindsight is 20/20) I trusted LiveNation to come forward on their promise to deliver the tickets and waited 7 weeks for them to show. About a week before the concert was set to take place, I looked at the website to view my ticket status. LiveNation is kind enough to provide the customer with this information:

After reading what LiveNation posted on their official website, I contacted them today, June 2nd (within 2 days of event date as instructed). I spoke to Lynn who told me I should have called earlier regarding my tickets whereabouts and placed blame on the customer (Hint: Good companies treat employees with respect). I then asked Lynn to get me in contact with her manager and she forwarded the conversation to her manager, Alex, who works in the escalation department.

I informed Alex that my friends and I had to cancel our hotel in Virginia Beach (We were traveling to the concert from Washinton, D.C.) since cancellation within a 48 hour period can cause a hotel cancellation charge and we didn’t know the status of our tickets. Alex told me it was my fault for not contacting LiveNation earlier and that he could leave the tickets at the box office and we’d still be able to go. For that reason, he would not refund me. He did however, offer me $42 back in processing fees of which I told him I didn’t want the money, I wanted him to do the right thing. I asked for the full refund back, or a credit for a future event.

LiveNation’s failure to provide the customer with the tickets they purchased by the method they said they would deliver them by, as well as their failure to confirm with the customer that they received the tickets the purchased has somehow fallen on the customer who purchased the tickets. Mind you, this is my first experience using the company.

This is not how a company should be run. I am disgusted and disheaertened that such a “reputable” company can act this poorly towards customers.

I implore anyone who is reading this to:

A) If you’re a customer, don’t use LiveNation
B) If you work for LiveNation, make this situation right.

Kind Regards,