LiquorLand Australiarude, arrogant, dishonest behaviour by the manager.

D Jul 06, 2019

The manager of First Choice (LiquorLand) on Unley Road in Unley South Australia treated me in what is objectively an extremely rude and unprofessional manner. I don't know his name, but can state that he is most likely in his 30's, quite thin, has a number of tattoos and short auburn hair.
This occurred on a Friday evening (at approximately 5:30pm) on the 21st of June 2019.
I wanted to purchase a half dozen bottles of wine, under a special deal which was on offer at the time. Only four bottles of this wine were available. I asked if a particular deal could be offered to me because of the shortfall. The manager inferred that he was not authorised to offer me any discount other that exactly what had been advertised. His response was along the lines of saying 'You can say that I can't give you an offer of a deal myself, as long as I haven't said that myself'.
When I challenged him on this, he just smirked at me. The inference was that he had been dishonest, but only indirectly, so he could get away with it. Without question, he believed that he was too clever by half and would never face any consequence to this behaviour.
Basically, he behaved in an incredibly smug and arrogant fashion. He obviously felt that he was smarter and superior to me, and wanted to let me know this by making me feel small and unimportant.
This kind of behaviour and attitude by any staff in any position is unacceptable, but by a manager is unconscionable. I am currently considering whether I should ever return to this store. This decision would be much easier for me if I knew that this manager's behaviour was being investigated and appropriate remedial action had been taken. I would consider a sincere apology to me as an excellent first step.
Thankyou for this opportunity to air my grievances about this matter.
Yours Faithfully,
Dr A Antony Peciulis
I can be contacted via my email address:
[protected]@gmail.com