light impressions directcanceled order not refunded

C

I ordered some glass from this company on January 6. My check card was immediately charged $65.35. But, nothing arrived. I called several times - no one ever answers. I sent several emails that went without response. Finally on the 26th I got someone on the line who told me my items were backordered (they couldn't tell me sooner?) so I cancelled the order. I am still waiting for the original charge to be refunded. I've tried calling them everyday for over a week and no one ever answers. Now even the "call back" option doesn't work.

• Sw
    s-wizarf Mar 10, 2011

I ordered an item October 14, 2010 and was immediately charged although the item was not in stock. They kept promising to ship it until they finally admitted it was no longer manufactured. The promised a refund on February 3, 2011 but it never came and their customer service does not answer.

• Pa
    Pat1350 Mar 16, 2011

I have had the same tyope of problem with Light Impressions. I ordered an item on October 19, 2010 and my company credit card was immediately charged. In December I called to find out where the item was and was told that the factory in Mexico that made this burnt down. They cancelled the order since they had no other supplier but did not let me know and as of today I still have not received a credit on my company credit card. The item was for a grant that the library I work for received which has thrown everthing into a mess since we had to name the company we were getting the product from and the item had to be approved before the grant was awarded. I have called Light Impressions numerous times and ended up being on hold for up to an hour at a time. The "call back" feature did not work the couple times I tried it. I called on Monday and was on hold for almost an hour and then had to hang up because of something I had to do for a customer. When I tried calling back, the line is busy and has been busy evertime I've tried for the last two days. I have written emails to someone who was identified as a supervisor that would look into the matter. No response. The funny thing is whenever I call, he is either not in yet that day or is at lunch. .

• Me
    Merlicorn Bindery Jun 01, 2011

I also made an order to Light Impressions on October 16, 2010 for a photo album and pages, which was charged to my credit card but never sent. E-mails on Nov. 8, 2010 and Jan. 8, 2011 about it were never answered. I did not know until now that LI was bankrupt.

Susanse Jun 07, 2011

I have also called these company for 2 months to get a refund. They don't do refunds is what I as told they do a check refund.
    I also trued getting the Supervisor on the phone 9:15 California time. He sin a meeting and on the phone.
    The other customer serve rep, Norma, Nora, Nancy, Charles, Mona. Oh, you have not received your check.
    They are getting ticked at me with an attitude.. I have taken this to the credit card company to get involved.
    My time is just as valuable as theirs and I have said so to be calling and holding for so long. They said I don't know what to tell you lady..

• Ju
    Judy Siskind Jun 14, 2011

I waited nearly 10 months for backordered merchandise totalling more than $200 that was charged to my credit card at the time ordered (not an acceptable business practice). Because I had received good products for more than a decade, I trusted them--unwisely, it turns out. I got all kinds of excuses and promises of materials about to arrive. Since February I have been trying to get my money refunded, and have gotten a real runaround. By May they acknowledged that they wouldn't be refunding money to my credit card but instead would mail out a refund. Of course it has never arrived, nor have "supervisors" returned my repeated calls. This is beyond deterioration of service...something is up here, and this company should be investigated. Do they not have the money to refund? I see a posting above that they are bankrupt. Why are they permitted (as part of their "reorganization?") to still pitch their products on the internet, promising to deliver goods with a recent track record like this? It's clear that the customer service staff is coached to say that the supervisor is on the phone or at lunch, always with a promise that the call will be returned, which it never is. I guess they're not authorized to say "Don't waste your time. We haven't been honest with you. You're not going to see your money again." (Posted by Judy S., Miami)

Susanse Jun 15, 2011

We will have to end up losing $97.95 for live and learn. My daughter thought she needed college supplies and went straight on her own. She did not know nor does anyone else obviously. I just started looking recently and also today there are so many BBB complaints it's crazy.
    I have made my complaint to cc company and see what happens. We returned ten 10 days after received and still awaiting refund as of April 1st 2011.
    Made a call today. Like Judy said they are trained to Look for him and not give the truth. I actually got to leave a voice mail 1 week ago. for the manager
    "Tim Taylor" I don't thinks he works there. If he does I hope he can sleep at night. Hope they never have to deal with a company like theirs with their shopping on the internet. It's sad and disappointing. It is better to loose the $ than stress over this loss anymore. I will be truly surprised to ever get it in the mail.
    Discover Card is working with us and has refunded us until they try to resolve with Light Impressions. They LI does not do refund to card they send in the "MAIL"
    Okie Dokie then... Don't hold your breath on that.

• Di
    Diana U Jun 21, 2011

Our order was for $316.74 on 12/20/10 and our credit card was charged immediately. We were never told it the items were "back-ordered". We waited for the products but finally cancelled the order on 5/11/2011 and are still awaiting a refund as of today 6/21/10. Why could our credit card be charged immediately, yet a refund is so hard to process? FRAUD.

Sue in Ohio Jul 12, 2011

I too have been taken by this company. I ordered$80.15 worth of merchandise in August 2010 and the charge was posted to my credit card on Aug 30th. I got the same type of run-around with various excuses the several times I called to check. I canceled my order on April 20th with the response that they would not credit my card but send a refund check. No surprise that I have not received a check (today's date is July 12th). I started saving the email solicitations from LI and since early April, there have been 10 email solicitations with the latest sent out on July 6th. Soliciting new business without honoring old business obligations sure sounds like some kind of fraud to me (28 years as a contract litigation paralegal). I'm not sure how much energy I want to spend on this, but I certainly would like to give my documentation to someone who could use it. Susan in Ohio.

• De
    Dennis W Wilhelm Jul 21, 2011

Same story as above. Order for archival boxes placed 5/25/11. On each call to learn status of order, reps said items "on backorder." On 7/5/2011 a company rep named Larry called us to say archival boxes were available and would be shipped "today" (July 5, 2011). Our credit card was charged for full amount $506.82. No merchandise was shipped. Subsequent calls (when answered, and after long hold persiods) inform us the material is still on "back order." We canceled the order and contacted credit card company to dispute and also filed complaint with California attorney general office. - Dennis Wilhelm

• Ti
    T. Indiana Aug 17, 2011

Same old story from these jokers...canceled order due to no stock and credit card was charged anyway ($158.00) in April 2011. No product, no refund, no communication, even after complaints to BBB and Federal Trade Commission.

• Da
    Dana M Davis Aug 18, 2011

Heck of a way to run a business! I also ordered $371 worth of mat boards (best board ever) and they were back ordered for 4 months. My card was charged immediately. I cancelled the order and was told my card would be refunded. i assumed that would be the case since this company had been so great to me in the past. Once I realized that the refund was not made I called. After over an hour on ringing hell (where your estimated wait time is eternally 2 minuted 15 seconds), the guy said a check would be mailed to me within 10 days. Not! I am waiting for the supervisor's call. Not holding my breath. If I worked there I certainly would not leave any of my personal stuff on the premises.
    If I walked out of their store (back when they had one) with $371 worth of stuff I would be sitting in a small room with a cot and a pot. These guys are still bilking innocent and ignorant folks out of their money and it would almost be worth mine to see them eat it. Next call is to the California Attorney Gen. Thanks, Dana Davis PS, Santa Fe Springs was the home of the bogus Santa Fe Springs Oil Co which was a stock fraud scam during the 1930's. I inherited 100 shares worth of paper.

• Ta
    Tara Jane Sep 18, 2011

Light Impressions used to be great, but Same thing happened to me. Placed an order last Sept (2010) and nothing, said it was coming within a month for about 5 months. Finally, I cancelled the order in April 2011. We will send a check within a month, nothing! Called, told them I was calling the attorney general, nothing! I did file a complaint with the attorney general., Still not heard anything after over a year of waiting. What gets me is that they are still sending e-mail advertisements, DO NOT ORDER from these folks.

• Cl
    Clementine Geter Sep 20, 2011

I placed an order with this company in August, 2010. After waiting for months to receive the order, I finally started contacting the company to see what the hold-up was. Boy did I get the run around. After canceling the order and months of back -and- forth communication with whomever I could reach by phone, I finally wrote a letter to the president of the company. I received an email immediately stating that my refund would be mailed within 3-7 weeks. The reason was the company was behind. That was July 25, 2011. I sent another email a few weeks ago and no has ever bothered to respond. The problem is that they pre-billed my university credit card. I have never had a problem like this and I am at my wits end. Very frustrating ordeal!!

John Trotter Sep 28, 2011

I think I have all of you beat. I have been awaiting a refund from this fraudulent company since December 2009. I've contacted them repeatedly and on the very few occasions when I've actually spoken to a human being, promises about getting me my refund, but they have only been lies. I am ashamed to say that I haven't filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission, but that is about to change today. As they are committing fraud across state lines, this makes what they're doing a federal offense.

So, ALL OF YOU, FILE A COMPLAINT HERE WITH THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION. SOMEONE NEEDS TO GO TO PRISON FOR WHAT IS OBVIOUSLY DELIBERATED, ONGOING THEFT OF ALL OR OUR MONEY! HERE IS THE LINK:

THE MORE OF US FILE COMPLAINTS, THE MORE LIKELY WE'RE GOING TO SEE SOMEONE PROSECUTED.

• Gi
    gina m. Oct 04, 2011

In July 2010 I ordered $101. worth of goods from Light Impressions. The money was charged to my account. A year later after difficulty reaching anyone I cancelled the order and was told I would get a refund which never materialized. The worst is that they continue to advertise despite not having any of the goods they advertise. What the heck??? I have done business with LI since they were a warehouse in Rochester. I am really angry.

Gina Murtagh

• Me
    Melanie Parker Dec 12, 2011

What Nightmare!! I too ordered $200 worth of mat board in Dec 2010. They said it was on back order, and if I cancelled now I would "lose my place in line " and it would put me back even further. The next excuse I got didn't jive - now they claimed the main cutting plant has closed up. I too had received items from them before, so I did not panic. But In March of 2011, I officially canceled my order. I have spoken to many persons - Mona several times and Tony Clarke the supervisor, who promised I would have my check in July, then in Aug. The story now was that the accounting office was behind!! As you can see I'm one of the fish who got suckered in - I'm on unemployment and they have my $200. !! I will keep on pursuing this, as well as file with FTC.

Melanie Parker

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices