Lifetouch Photographyterrible service, no refund received

Lifetouch - www.lifetouch.com

In early September I purchased school portraits for my son. The photographer screwed up and mixed up some orders. My son was to have a grey background (he picked out a dark green shirt). What arrived had a dark blue background which made th picture way too dark. I followed th instructions on how to return it-to the local Lifetouch Office. I sent it on 9-17. On 9-24, they charged my credit card the $36 for the portraits. I called the local office and wanted to know what was going on. She said my refund would be coming "any day now". I'm still waiting. Emails to the company have fell on deaf ears. They have no customer service whatsoever. I want my refund. I will be filing a dispute with the credit card company.

• Ju
    Judyth VonSpringer May 28, 2020

This company is preying on parents who are celebrating their Seniors Graduation! High priced, marketing FT (texts and emails) through the pandemic - with CLOSED production offices. No responses to calls or texts. Not only did I not get my order, I was told I was STILL 6-8 weeks out (sorry, daughter will be in college by the time I would have seen anything). Also, they charged my card quick enough, but when you cancel and request full refund - NOTHING "sorry we don't do that." Seriously? No email, no confirmation number... took it up with my bank and filed a dispute. At least I'm not out the $600+ photo packages - sheesh - that's a predatory practice! Save yourself the headache of dealing with this company (and they treat their photographers like dirt too, in reading these reviews here). AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

Angel Jimenez Apr 20, 2020

When ever i login i have to change my password alot, and when me and another person get into the same thing and one of us press the Save it doesnt save so when i close the website or the thing im on, it just deletes.Its also slow and its not because of my internet, the website just starts to get slower and slower

Samantha C. Apr 20, 2020

Every time I got to log in so I can work on the yearbook I have to sign in like 5-10 times to get me login in and if I sign in too much then it has me change my password and then it tells me that is incorrect.Also the time it takes, it takes a whole lot of time like the connection is really bad and I have good wifi it's Lifetouch.

• Se
    sean mcglothin Nov 27, 2019

Lifetouch is giving me the run around paid for my child's pictures online and all I received was proof called customer service all day to be hung up on or put on hold for hours tried the chat only to be told they where the wrong department transferred to another chat department only to be told the same thing a hour latter not happy at all

Suevj Nov 27, 2019

Lifetouch it took some pictures at Highland Turner School I ordered two packages they was not printed off right one package has white all over his shirt and the other package has yellow all over his shirt whoever printed them off did not print them off right I would like for them to be replaced you can reach me at [protected]

• To
    Tomaino Nov 18, 2019

Why do Lifetouch over 50 employees are put into the field and lugging heavy equipment around, do their job and never complain get mistreated. Then the under 30 complain and whine all the time get taken out of the field and put into the office to work. To me this is age discrimination and mistreatments of older workers . This is not morally fair

• Ek
    EKG1986 Nov 17, 2019

My son's pictures haven't been posted to your website to order even though I received the proofs from school. I can't get a hold of ANYONE with your customer service team. It is the WORST.

SamiH Nov 10, 2019

I got my photos and I was looking. The pictures were cut uneven. It's ridiculous we paid so much money and the pictures are uneven. These are my high school photos it's crazy that My mom has to pay all this money and the photos are all uneven.

• Ko
    korber57501 Nov 08, 2019

Took my son to school for his picture day. Everything went well. Waited and waited for the arrival of the pictures which previously would have been printed and received fairly quickly. All 3x5s, 4x6s, and wallets were shifted about 1/4 inch to the right, cutting off parts of my son's body when they would be cut apart. Contacted the company via online chat. They promised that I would receive the photos within 4-6 weeks. I waited, but received nothing. Finally, I called the company. Wait time was 35 minutes or you could request a call back. Received a call from an employee whose name was "John". John did not understand anything I was asking him as english was not his primary language. He was unable to pull up my account, unable to find my package without the Session ID. He wanted me to tell him what backgrounds I wanted when I already went through that process when I ordered. Finally, I located my package and gave him my session ID. He asked if my son was wearing a red shirt. I informed him that that photo was last year's package. He claims that I will receive my package within 6-8 weeks. I am thoroughly disappointed in this company as this is the third year that I dealt with errors with my children's pictures. Someone really needs to look into the management of this company and come to a solution because not only is the problems with this company frustrating to parents, but also to the schools when they receive calls from parents because they have not received their student's pictures in a timely manner.

• Ms
    msjds Nov 03, 2019

These people are almost impossible to contact!!! 105 minutes for a call back that doesn't come. No chat available, continually!

Placed an order over the phone after tons of waiting...and when the confirmation came, it has a glaring error! I've spent hours trying to contact these people!

WHAT A MONOPOLY! Oregonian still waiting for help.

• Mo
    Mom13 Oct 30, 2019

I have not purchased school photos in several years. I did break down and do it This year and regretfully so. They are the worst photos I've seen in my entire life. A 5 year old could have taken better pictures of my 13 year old. I Will never use this company again. You rip parents off with what you charge for the quality they receive.

• Ti
    Tina Doan Oct 19, 2019

I called to complain that I wrote a check to pay for my son's pictures and did not get the pictures but they were very quick at cashing my check. I called customer service to speak with someone who barely could speak English and was at no help.

• Tt
    Ttata98 Oct 16, 2019

I went out of my way picture day morning and brought my step-daughter her slip and a CHECK (she was not with us that week) which your company CASHED The almost $50 and all I got was a proof form with the "Smile Safe" cards. This is ridiculous!!! And it's not the first time this has happened. I called the # and my wait was 76min. Call me [protected]

• Ni
    Nicole booher Oct 12, 2019

I order the cd with the pictures and didn't get it

• Ho
    [email protected] Oct 08, 2019

My daughter took school portraits last yr we paid for her photod like we would normally do each school yr we never recieved her pictures. Please let me know what could've happen thank

Sincerely
    A very aggravated parent

• Je
    Jesse Wallace Oct 08, 2019

Paid almost 20 bucks on download online. They never sent me the link. Complained to customer support and they did nothing to help. Garbage company! Don't waste your time! Did you know you can get photos of your kid at JCPenney photo studio for like 50 bucks? This company is ran by [censored]s! They don't care about their customers and just rip you off!

Sandra M. Mother Aug 11, 2019

I ordered and paid for the graduation picture from my son which should have been sent to me in June and I still haven't gotten them. I have been trying to call them up but the line goes to a busy signal right away or some of the other numbers provided goes to a recording saying that number is no longer in service.

• Mi
    Mick2121 May 25, 2019

I got a refund from lifetouch by making a complaint to the better businesses beauru, they sent it next day. Its probably the only way to get results. Parents complained so much to the school that my daughters school cancelled their yearbook order and used a different company.

• Da
    Dannyrae33 Apr 30, 2019

Hello i ordered extra pictures and never received them . ive called about 5 times now just to get a lady telling me they are sending them which never happened. I understand it takes 4 weeks they said but come on ive been waiting since nov. 2018 . im tired of calling and getting nowhere with you guys!! I just want my pictures. Thank You !!

• Pr
    Praveena09 Nov 12, 2018

Hi,

I ordered the pictures for the above picture ID, but i got the retake photos, I returned them and requested for the original one.. NOT yet received.

I got charged with 97$, actually i got the basic package which is around 45$.

I would like to received photos and would like to know the why 97$ is
    charged.

thanks
    Praveena.

• St
    stephie9812 Nov 12, 2018

I ordered my kids school pictures and I never received the confirmation and it never took out of my act and when I went to go log back on it wont let me go purchase the pictures anymore.

• Ki
    Kim Howell Oct 31, 2018

I paid for my child's school pictures online and she had them made but the pictures did not get returned to the school.

• Pe
    Penn Kelly Oct 02, 2018

I would just like to know how I can get a live person on the phone? What is there contact number? I really just need a number to ensure my kids photos aren't misplaced. Has anyone ever gotten a real person on the phone ?

• Mi
    Mick2121 May 25, 2019

@Penn Kelly [protected]. I talked to a live person at this number but didn't do much good. I finally got a refund by filing a complaint with the BBB

• Sp
    Sparkel38 Sep 10, 2018

The color that y'all send out every time y'all do pictures are the same, so can change up background colors, like give us some different variety of colors to choose from please... We would like to choose from some different background colors instead of the same ones all the time when it's picture day, y'all need to do more light background colors

• Ka
    Kaylee Perruat Sep 02, 2018

I ordered my daughters senior pictures and I recieved the wrong code besides the wallet sized pictures and I'm very upset all of her pictures were to be code 2 but instead the 8/10 and 5/7 were code 1 and the other were code two and with this being her last year in school I'd appreciate a very quick response

• Ko
    Kom Sep 01, 2018

I paid for pictures I have never resived help

• We
    Wendy Neal Aug 28, 2018

My son took school pictures at JF Wahl Elementary school I ordered a 28$ package he is in third grade his name is Javiyon Neal he is in Ms Gant class and I'm either wanting his pictures or a 28$ refund..you can reach me at [protected]

• Ti
    Tiffanyestelle Nov 28, 2017

Terrible customer service. No professionalism. I would give them zero stars if I could. After several attempts to correct, they still sent me photos of someone else's kid. I even sent them a picture of him, so they could figure it out.

• Mr
    Mrs Tab Nov 09, 2017

This is the 2nd year that I have purchased a picture package from Lifetouch to where I was to receive a photo CD of my son. Well... the pictures aren't the best but will do.. however, the picture CD's will not work. Last year I waited months after I received my pictures to look at the CD and it was too late to complain. This year, I get the pictures back and the CD didn't work, called the company they send out a new CD and the 2nd new CD still does not work!! Calling them again!! My question is? HOW many families purchase the photo CD's and they do NOT Work and have been ripped off??

• Le
    Lenise OHara Oct 17, 2016

I order pictures for my daughter from lifetouch and they failed to send my photos didn't give a refund and wouldn't apply it to this year's photos they are crooks

• Le
    Lenise OHara Oct 17, 2016

I order pictures for my daughter from lifetouch and they failrled to send my photos didn't give a refund and wouldn't apply it to this year's photos they are crooks

christy lindsey Feb 09, 2016

in early fall of 2015 my son had school pictures made at camden fairview middle school in camden arkansas 71701.he gave the photographer the money for the package i had ordered.i never received the pictures. my sons name is austin lindsey.he is in the sixth grade.i would like the pictures or the money to be refunded to me.

• Cc
    cchristym23 Oct 22, 2015

Son's second grade photos were awful, half of his oxford shirt hanging out from pants, ridiculous half-smile on the child's face, doesn't even really look like himself! This is a kid who has always been extremely photo-genic, with previous photographers submitting their work and actually winning awards! Wishing to get retakes, school tells me to find a form on Lifetouch's website, where it is is anybody's guess. After browsing website along with additional avenues related to Lifetouch to find this mystery form, I sent Lifetouch a email, but since his retakes are tomorrow it's pretty unlikely they will get it in time. They have this little icon on their website "live chat" that is NEVER available, so why not get rid of the icon already, Lifetouch? Then when you go to "contact us" there is a list of "commonly asked questions", some of them involving retakes, yet no direction or advice attached to the Question/Answer page about how to go about this. Company and website are useless, what a joke!!!

Jodi-Brian Lopresto Oct 13, 2015

Ordered and paid for my son's school pictures before picture day at school as option on the flyer suggested, I ordered what backgrounds and etc that I would want paid my $59.00 to Lifetouch. 1 month later be brings home a proof of his picture saying It's to late to order. I was 99.8% I had already ordered and paid for them, thank goodness I save all my confrimation emails so I was able to send Lifetouch an email stating the oversight as they don't provide any customer service phone numbers to contact them EMAIL only which is fine just provides me with even more proof of how horrible of customer care they are. Took them 2 days to respond in which what grade is he in, what is his eye color, hair color, any beauty mark..etc.? I provided them with the exact information on his proof so you can type in the order number and his picture shows up with providing me way to order more pictures. After me responding another 2 days later I am told Thank you for contacting us, Your order is bring printed and should arrive at your home in 3-4 weeks. No apologizes, lack of care of their mistake. I respond back that I will not wait that time that I want a full refund as I will go somewhere else, this is not the first time that have scammed me. I am taking matter to school board and news stations. Time for a change!!!

• He
    Heather3579 Sep 28, 2015

There are a lot of people who are blowing up on here but I want to add something a little different.
    I know that sometimes school portraits are hard for a lot of kids. I was a wiggly kid who never had the best experience. However, I work at a lifetouch portrait studio and have been with the company for a long time. I know that if a school picture doesn't come out, a lot of families turn to us for a slower and better experience. Lifetouch as a company has a very different mentality than a typical big box store, for example. Some people have learned that if they complain about something, they will get free stuff and the big box stores will give away the farm to a disgruntled customer. As far as Lifetouch goes, they are different. While we do have customer compensation policies and follow them, beyond that point we don't give away the farm and the company will always back up it's employee. That is something a lot of people don't like. That's not to say that lifetouch isn't compassionate, because it most certainly is. Lifetouch donates along with providing excellent service when it comes to the death of someone we have photographed. Each photographer feels that. I personally love that I work for a company who will stand behind me, good or bad and who can provide an invaluable service. We capture memories and touch lives by preserving that memory for a lifetime. If your child's belt was messed up because she was a wiggler, you have still preserved that memory so that she can see it when she is all grown up and a photographer.

• Fo
    Forced Photo Sep 23, 2015

My son did not want his picture taken...said NO...was forced to take the picture of him crying and a lady holding both of his hands...No touching ...REALLY...have the pictures to prove it. If this picture is put in the year book I will seek legal action...FOR SURE !!!

• Ce
    celyn Sep 19, 2015

I ordered a grad group photo from Life Touch online on July30, 2015 and received a confirmation that my order went through. I received an e-mail last July 28, 2015 that my order was shipped. Until now, September 19, 2015 and haven't received the photo that I ordered. I will contact the School not to use this company. Since I read a lot of bad reviews about this company.

SusieQ 2 Apr 08, 2015

Companies like this need to stop treating students as assembly line items, and immediately take care of problems for customers who have trusted them and turned over hard earned money!

SusieQ 2 Apr 08, 2015

When schools sign a contract with a photographer they need to do their homework first! A company can have a great sales person and some great samples that may not truly represent their everyday work. Then, there is the little business of what the school is
    being given for a rebate or other freebies that can sway their decision. A good school will have a panel of parents and administrators in on the decision. In New Jersey there was a law passed that allows children to go anywhere for their yearbook picture. This
    prevents a school from forcing students and families to accept poor quality, high prices, etc. If this were a state law everywhere
    it would keep this kind of "deal" from happening to families who buy portraits with their hard earned money.

• Li
    Life touch is a joke Mar 11, 2015

Life touch is horrible !!! I will never buy pictures from them again, when I received my son's school pictures they were perfect UNTIL I look down and his shirt is bunched in a ball in the front ! So here's the worst part I email them just to say maybe your photographers should pay more attention to the child's appearance before they take the picture ...and the reply I got was priceless !!! It pretty much said that I should volunteer at my son's school on picture day to help check for these types of errors !!! Are you kidding me !! I am one mad mama right now ! I am researching any way possible to make them accountable !!