LG Refrigeratoranyone who bought an lg refrigerator has run into this problem

O

Last September, I thought I was buying the most expensive appliance in my lifetime and that I would love it. Sorry to say, that was not a reality. The freezer which is supposed to be frost-free has not been working as a frost-free. I had made calls to the dealer TOM'S APPLIANCE, Grand Ave., Chatham, Ontario and in March one of their employees came and took a look at the problem. He said he will tell the owner of the shop and the repairman, and then he left. One month later still heard nothing from them so I called the store and left a message with the owner's wife. She said she would speak with Mike who had come and seen the problem. Three or four days later, still had not heard from anyone. I stopped by the store and spoke with the owner's wife, personally, and she told me she had left Mike a note, which she showed me, and it had a note on it that they were going to do something about it the next day. Eventually, Paul, a serviceman, came and supposedly adjusted some hose and said that that might fix it. He chopped away at the ice in and around the bottom and helped me clean all the broken ice. Two months later I call them again to let them know that the problem is not solved. This is now July and I don't know what to do. I am wondering if I should ask them to replace the refrigerator as I obviously got a lemon, but I just can't make lemonade with it.

I am wondering if anyone who bought an LG Refrigerator has run into this problem. I know of someone who had bought another brand and had a similar problem with a brand new item. They did change the thermostat for them and it was fixed.

The dealer told me they had never heard of my problem before, so they don't know how to repair it. I can't even open the ice cube drawer because of the ice forming around it. It's frustrating on a hot day when I can't get an ice cube from my fridge freezer. An item I paid over $1,600.00 for.

• Updated by Jtmm1960 · May 09, 2017

12 days not 112 wont let me edit it sry

• Updated by utsuk dutta · Sep 18, 2017

my LG ac is not cooling properly and desktop monitor is not responding .I need the service of an LG authorize personnel at home.

• Updated by Aspk han · Mar 14, 2018

Sir my lg g3 cat6 doesn't support 4g network .pllease help me about it.it is "kitkat"version

• Updated by Gopal Chakravorty · Apr 15, 2018

LG AC not working since 1 Year No cooling, the trust has been broken .

After the company free service this problem has arrise

• Ka
    Kathy Kemper Apr 22, 2020

We purchased all new LG appliances plus washer and dryer just over a year ago and I wish I would have known all of this before hand. We got the black stainless steel and it looks like crap. They all have scratches on them that are deep and they dent at the drop of a hat. Now it's just my husband and I and it's not like we have kids or a big family so this is bad. My problem seems small after reading what others have experienced. I've sent photos but I'm sure nothing will be done.

• Ka
    Kasım Özer Dec 19, 2019

I bought a refregarator 3 years ago. The warranty was 2 years but compressor warranty 10 years?!
    10 days ago It stopped andservice could send a technical staff in two days .He said "compressor is failed, if you want to make it repaired, you'll have to pay Money. Where is waranty?But I accepted and they sent another staff to pick up the refregarator.
    There is no news about my refregarator during 10 days.
    No contact number, no contact personnal.
    You can write your problem to whatsapp number only and will take standard answer: Your equippment will be repaired.
    LG has to control the authorazid services.If customer is happy, Lg will happy.Otherwise ever lost customer means loosing one brick from the Wall.

• Uc
    ucjim13 Sep 01, 2019

LG= Lousy Garbage ! Bought my LG refrigerator 2years and 1 month age, During the first year the compressor went out, took 5 days to replace it. LG was going to send me money for the food loss. NOT! Last month the latch on my door in a door Broke! Called service, told them I know it's out of warranty but I would like to pay to have it repaired, LG service center called back in two days, There is no replacement part for the latch! would need a new door*[email protected]%@#*!!! . I said OK let's do this. Service guy called back two days later, YOU CANT GET A DOOR FOR MY MODEL!! WTF ? So now I have a $2899.99 (Costco price) piece of [censored] setting in my kitchen! Model #
    LG LFXC24796D . If anyone has a broken down unit I'll buy the doors!!! NEVER AGAIN WILL I BUY LG!

• Sg
    sgable Aug 22, 2019

Sent the following info to both Sears and LG. Not even a response! I can remember a time when Sears actually stood behind their products.

Product: Kenmore Elite (LG) Model #[protected], Serial #501KR00012
    Delivered 4/14/2015.
    Our refrigerator was working fine until 12/19/2017 then the interior temperature started to rise. The Service Technician determined the system was low in freon. Installed access ports, evacuated and recharged with new freon with a dye to determine where the leak was ($345.00). Unit worked ok again until 7/22/2019, I called for service again. Technician again determined the unit was low on refrigerant. Tech was unable to determine where the leak was with his UV light, said the leak could be within the panels and not repairable ($105.00). Suggested replacing all low side components, compressor, two evaporators and a new control board. Another $765.00 and would not guarantee it would fix the problem. I am not going to sink another $765.00 into this four year old $3, 000.00 refrigerator. It's too bad, I like the design of your product. What are my options? Will you stand behind your product? Since it is obvious that this unit was faulty from new, I am requesting credit towards a new refrigerator. I have been without a functioning refrigerator since 7/22/19.

[email protected]

• Go
    Gordon M Kelsey Jun 08, 2019

Time for LG Consumers and their complaints to unite and share experiences especially the Lithium Compressor problems and collectively pursue reaching the media to announce public warning similar to California, Utah and Illinois and ultimately pursue additional respective Class Action lawsuits!
    Send complaint issue to [email protected] include model number, date of defect, issue, and current status! If You haven't contact your local TV stations requesting a public announcement of current LG issues and status too. Strength through Numbers! Enough is Enough...

• Ra
    Raghda Elmidany Jan 31, 2019

The problem started since two month ago my refrigerator New LG inveter linear compressor stopped working so i called the customer service in Egypt, they said that they'll call me and send me some one to check for maintenance I mean, so that person came and said that he'll try to solve the problem and call us again but since then I've been calling but nothing happened they sent the same person again he said that the refrigerator must be changed as the spare parts of this refrigerator isn't available so we will change for you the refrigerator as it's still in the warranty period and since then no one called or came, at first when I bought this LG Brand is a well known one I thought that I'm buying a good one according to reputation for years so I thought of sending LG corporation in South Korea as this is my last hope before going back to them here in Egypt n returning it back and take my money or sharing on social media this incident as I've been for 2 month or more without placing food in a refrigerator n this isn't acceptable at all so plz if you can contact or help me by calling them and reply me back through my e_mail [protected] ([email protected])

Aniket123dav Nov 19, 2018

model no- WP-9246
    it's not working since day before yesterday,
    but dryer is running properly.

• Ya
    Yattone Nov 11, 2018

We purchased lg suite 9/6/18 we do have a crack in panel on bottom of fridge. Since it's a cosmetic/ appearance problem our expensive warranty won't cover it, we are very upset and want this complaint to be forwarded to corporate or I will go to attorney general for our warranty. And I will go to BBB as well .
    Thanks
    Tammy Yattone
    [protected]

• Hi
    Himanshu Singh Thakuur Nov 06, 2018

Hi have purchased the lg split ac,
    From 2 days the installer is changing the date of installation as per his convenience.
    He is filling that I have asked to install it after 2 days .
    I cant understand what ull do with ac packed in cartoon for 2 days .
    Its heartly disappointed that world renowned name has such worst service standards

• Ah
    Ahamedib Nov 05, 2018

I give my mobile for service 10days back still now there is no response in that service center and also i give service for 3 times with in one year.

I need for replace my mobile

• Da
    Danesh Sharma Nov 01, 2018

Dear Sir
    I have logged complaint regarding washing machine door lock broken (complaint number RNP170520035058)date 19-05-17 at 10:00am, but no body come to attend the complaint, even no body contact me through any call/message & customer care executive's did not respond good.kindly help me to resolve the same
    Thanks
    Danesh Sharma

• Jt
    Jtmm1960 Oct 31, 2018

Paid over 800 for an LG dishwasher, already broke, after 6 weeks, 2017 brand new, I've been without washer for 112 days, LG only autherises one repair company for entire state of SC. 4 tech's to come 7 mill people, very unhappy, I had a Whirlppol 300 dollar dishwasher, never broke in 7 yrs, figured I'd upgrade to LG, stupid move

• Jh
    jhon1986 Oct 28, 2018

we are not authorised service centre...we are private service centre...before taking any complaints our telecaller told everyone that we are private service centre... anonymous 8891 (Nabeel) is just blaming us coz he is one of our competitor...

• Ru
    rudra143k Oct 27, 2018

hi i purchase the mobile of ur company before a month mobile is not working and there is no response for your service center so poor...

• Mi
    Michael Lehmkuhle Oct 22, 2018

I purchased this dishwasher on October 31st 2016. I never ran a loaded dishes through it before I had a repairman put a brand new motor in it period since the repairman has put an another motor in it and it's been to my home a total of 5 times to repair it and it still leaks. I want a replacement how can I do that?

Christopher Ray Oct 22, 2018

My name is Chris hill and i have a lg v20. This is my first lg phone and sorry to say my last. It is the worst phone i have ever had. Also lacking in features for its $700 price. Not vary user friendly and flat out cheaply made. I could go on and on so if you would like more feedback email me at [email protected]

• Ju
    Juan Martinez-Silva Oct 21, 2018

LG team can u make a update that brings back the old emojis bc these new emojis in the new software update suck and they are horrible

mola bakhsh Oct 21, 2018

03-07-2017
    HAMAYUN KHAN
    [protected]
    input card problem in our product
    request for repair

• Ta
    Tamernagah Oct 21, 2018

Dear Lg team,

Please I request today maintenance in Saudi Arabia to repair my washing machine model no.t6115cdpt0
    And they gave me request no.[protected] but informed me technician will visit me after 1 week !!!
    Is it logic any home wait without washing machine or ac for week ?
    I need your help to solve this issue ASAP

• Su
    Suryawanshi atul Oct 21, 2018

My mobile is misbehaving. And get hanged time to time. Then what could i do ?

So any solution for this?

• Pa
    Pankaj Chachra Oct 21, 2018

I have bought LG split AC in the month of Feb 2018 till today no one has called for free service. It's very strange what a pathetic after sales service. I am Surley going to take this on social media and will advise not buy LG product.

My name is Pankaj Chachra and mobile o is [protected]

• Ol
    ola moses Oct 15, 2018

I was just charging my LG g7 thinq and its just started developing. Screen problem please I nees assistance in this thanks am looking to hear from you
    [email protected]

• Ro
    rochellejoe Oct 15, 2018

Rnp [protected] . This is my complain number which was done 20 days ago. Since the parts are not available i am supposed to get a repalcement. The services are not prompt. So kindly do the needful as soon as possible.

Jorin Oct 14, 2018

I HATE MY WASHING MACHINE. It is terrible. It cannot get through a cycle without numerous stops because the balance is off. I will NEVER buy another LG product.
    Jorin Rubin

• 57
    5714394928 Sep 19, 2018

I purchased headphones from T Mobil, made by lg that were very expensive.
    T Mobil gave me the number to lg.
    Lg refused to replace them.
    Do not purchase from lg
    They do not stand by their products

Andrew Conkright Sep 19, 2018

How convenient for you that my phone just fires itself 2 hours after the store closed on the day my warranty expired? I had to spend $108.89 on buying the same exact phone all over again. Metro PCS did nothing for me as well in my opinion you are all crooks. Next time buy me dinner first before you screw me.

• St
    Steve pope Sep 19, 2018

This app is useless, doesn't connect to my soundbar. seems like LG doesn't like to update or respond to anyone on Google play store, as I'm not the only person who had problems with this app, maybe you should have a look at the negative comments and maybe respond or do something about the app.

• Ks
    KSimpson Sep 18, 2018

Purchased in July 2015. Needed repairs to fan in June, Sept. and Oct of 2016. August 21, 2018: bad compressor. 2 new compressors installed and neither worked. 3 weeks after initial complaint and LG is not correcting the problem or replacing the unit. Customer service giving us the run around. Cannot get this issue resolved becoming costly to us.

• Un
    Unhappy LG customer2 Sep 18, 2018

Poor product and even worse customer service. Waiting for a stupid compressor for over 3 weeks.had to follow up everyday, was promised overnight shipping and finally LG sent it regular mail. Cheap company NEVER buy LG. Avoid the headache

• Uj
    Ujjwal Pakira Sep 18, 2018

I have purched a LG monitor, this monitor is in 3 years warranty period, I have all documents but I lost my bill .
    Manufacturing date & barcode is attached in the monitor, I was contact customer care & also service centre but they are denie it
    because of my lost bill but legally they can't denie, pls take the matter as early as possible

CHakeeta Sep 18, 2018

I took my phone battery out two times and the second time and now it reads Secure start up and I cannot get in what in the world is going on? This is a very inconvenient time I need it because of the storm. I cannot get in to use my phone I need help with it please unlock it!!! [protected]. I need it for work and several other things amongst that.

Mohammad Majaz Sep 10, 2018

Dear Team,

We Purchased New LED 22inch Ips Moniter Product Serial No Is 706NTFA2V203. When I Opened Box That Product is faulty Right side Led light Is Down . Purchased Date 07-09-2017 But Now I Didnt Get Replacement or Repair that Product From LG Service Centre.

Kindly Attached Bill Copy.

So Kindly Solve My Issue ASAP

• Me
    Meisie Sep 10, 2018

It is pathetic a person can find no wear covers and screen protecters for the lg q6 what is the phone scratch then it is the users loss now thy tell my maybe only next month there will be covers for the phone it is pathetic you dont put something in the market if there is no acesories

• Ut
    utsuk dutta Sep 10, 2018

My air conditioner is not cooling properly and computer monitor is not responding.I seek the help of authorized personnel at my home. Warranty period is over.

Mohammad Mombeini Sep 10, 2018

WHEN I AM WATCHING TV WITH LG CONTENT APP, TV SUDDENLY CLOSE THE APP AND SHOW THIS MESSAGE: FOR release more memory this Application will run.

Salah KHan Sep 05, 2018

bought this LG air con, its not working under warranty .
    Instead of replacing the unit you are trying to replace the parts,
    twice the technician came and each time found more faulty parts
    I am tired of this charade.
    I do intend to loge a complain with the better business bureau.
    LG customer service is below standard and so is the product.

• Ro
    Roger David Ellis Sep 05, 2018

i would like to complain about you guy removing features from the G5 to the G6 i thought i was getting an upgrade and instead im getting a down grade!

my favorite feature on my G5 was the ability to control TVs with my phone, now I can not do that with the latest G6 i see that you removed that functionality !!

• He
    heidi bernholtz Sep 02, 2018

I have had nothing but trouble since day 1 with this washer it's been a year now and still hasn't been fixed 15 parts on Order. I bought a washer because I needed one not to go to a laundromat. [protected]

• Ay
    Ayush Akotiya Sep 01, 2018

AWB - [protected]
    ETD USA - 2/DEC
    ETA Bangalore, India - 9/DEC
    Final place of delivery - Pune (Maharashtra), India

* No response and no updates from Aramex India.
    * Delay in clearance & delivery.
    * Urgent Shipment - Lethargic approach of Aramex team.

Still pending for clearance after 6 days of arrival at Bangalore.
    * Required delivery - 15/Dec

• Sh
    Sherry Heyward Sep 01, 2018

Very unhappy with phone ringtones are not loud enough phone constently freezing doesn't connect to my Xfinity wifi and service is terrible would like to know if there might be a solution to mt problems. Please contact me at [protected] or email me at [email protected] thank you