LeafGuardBe careful!

A

From the day that they were installed, two years ago, the gutters did not work properly. I was told that my roof was at fault, but they never explained to me why the gutters were installed if the roof was bad.

Rain water poured over the gutters and under them as well as between the fascia and the gutters. The fascia now needs to be replaced.

In the winter ice dams formed and when afternoon sun melted the ice it coated the sidewalk outside the door with water that turned to ice during the night.

Calls resulted in promises of coming when not busy, or telling me the warranty on installation was up. Not true.

I was told that if one contractor told them that my roof wasn't at fault, they would fix the problem. Eight contractors told me that the gutters were improperly hung and sheathing and flashing were not installed correctly. All declared that the roof was not at fault. LG wasn't convinced, and would sign no agreements on how the situation would/should be remedied. They talked a good game, but never would commit anything to writing.

Fortunately, the magistrate in small claims court understood the problems and LrafGuard now has a a judment against them. They also still have an "A+" rating with the BBB. This is not the BBBof the '50's!

If you live in Colorado, be aware that except for plumbers and electricians, no contractors are licensed. You are at the mercy of your local governments permits and codes. I do not know of a city that requires rain gutter companies to have a permit. You are really on your own when you contract for gutters. Be careful!

I believe that being over 3/4 of a century in age, they had found me a good target.

• Rc
    RCJohn Mar 04, 2013

We have the same problem with ice dams and have only had the leafguard gutters less than a year. Eventhough it specifically states in the contract that Leafguard does not PREVENT Ice Dams, it was never referred to in the Sale Reps' presentation. There was never a mention of our roof's insulation, or the possibilty of ice dams or problems arrising in winter. When we talked to the sales rep on the phone, he said we must have poor roof insulation, however, WE NEVER HAD ICE DAMS WITH OUR OLD GUTTERS! (Photos Attached)

Comments