Lastman's Bad Boy Logo

Lastman's Bad Boy

Having problems with Lastman's Bad Boy?

1877 888 0050 (Customer Service)
+1 705 722 7132 (Barrie Store)
+1 905 304 1118 (Ancaster Store)
+1 905 315 8558 (Burlington Store)
+1 905 451 8888 (Brampton Store)
+1 519 576 4141 (Kitchener Store)
+1 416 630 1777 (North York Store)
+1 905 571 2555 (Whitby Store)
+1 519 690 1112 (London Store)
+1 905 803 0000 (Missisauga Store)
+1 416 750 8888 (Scarborough Store)
500 Fenmar Drive
North York (Toronto), Ontario
Canada - M9L2V5

Complaints & Reviews

[Resolved] buyer beware

My wife and I went to the bad boy store in whitby, on in search of a new living room set. We found a model we...

delivery/product damage/customer service u name it!

ordered a 6 piece sectional on april 3rd 2008 - $1700.00
Delivered on May 2nd, 2008.
Only 5 pieces showed up.
3 out of the 5 pieces were damaged.
Called customer service, yelled at etc. "There is no way the furniture is damaged! We dont check our furniture before delivery, so there is no way its damaged!"

After being on the phone for an hour or more, they set up a time for someone to come and look at the furniture, to decide if its damaged! 2 weeks later, meanwhile its sitting in my house waiting!

The guy gets to my house inspects the furniture and says yes its damaged we will replace the pieces, like I didn't know that they were damaged!

Now today May 29th, 2008, I get a call that a replacement set is ready for a delivery time, please call to set a time and date.

I call 30mins later and get a women who can seem to use her computer in delivery department. She transfers me to customer service, who finds the furniture in 2 seconds (knows how to use a computer!)

He tells me that it will be delivered this saturday, but i'm not sure how many pieces!

So we will see what happens on saturday.

They have lost a customer and everyone else I know for there poor business!

Sad day for Badboys good day for the the competion!

• Sc
    SCOTTEYE Jan 30, 2009

BOYCOTT LASTMANS BADBOY FURNITURE!!!
    THEY RIPP PEOPLE OFF
    THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT REPEAT CUSTOMERS AND I AM GONNA MAKE THESE CLOWNS PAY.
    GET USED TO THE IDEA OF BEING UNEMPLOYED YOU RIPP OFF ARTISTS. I HOPE YOU ALL BURN IN HELL!!!

professionalism of staff!

This past weekend my husband and I went to buy some furniture. We were being assisted by an older gentleman who was very nice. Shortly after we started around the store, a very young woman walked past us and instantly began flirting with my husband. She repeatedly went out of her way to come into our path of travel to speak and giggle to my husband.
My husband did not think anything of her actions and ignored her, but I sure knew what she was doing. Behavior like that is deplorable. She had no business repeatedly coming to see us or speak. We were happy with the salesman we had. I felt bad for him because he did not know what to say or do about the situation. He was very diplomatic and continued to speak about the product we were looking at. The end result was my husband was flattered, I was angry and we argued all the way home. What a horrible experience in a public store. Get your own customer and keep your giggles out of other peoples.

terrible experience!

We went shopping at Bad Boy in London last week. We entered the front doors into a beautiful showroom. A few meters later we could hear extremely loud laughter. We immediately noticed that there was a group of men sitting at a table in the center of the store. Beside them were two blond bimbos sitting on a bed laughing and carrying on hysterically. I am sure something was funny but there is a time and place for that type of behavior. They made no attempt to curtail their activities when they seen customers. We both felt that this was inappropriate behavior just sitting on the bed bouncing and laughing, and the table of men, although quiet was very intimidating. We continued on a few feet and simply turned and walked back out. I was disappointed because I really wanted to look around but felt nervous by the greeting crew. I will not be back for any reason whatsoever.

• Je
    Jessica Nov 21, 2008

So what, live a tittle.You must be a very boring person.People lough, cry ...part of life.It can happened anywhere.Cheer up ...life is too short:-)

[Resolved] terrible sales staff!

Wow! What a place to go shopping at. We recently went to the new London Bad Boy to look for appliance...

substandard sectional

This is a chronicle of my purchase experience with one of the provinces major furniture retailers that treated me like a noobody!!!

At about the end of November 2007 I saw an advertisement by Lastman's Bad Boy in The Toronto Sun for savings up to 80% at a factory sale that they were conducting. My wife and I having just purchased a new construction home and cash short thought this would be a good opportunity to save some money and besides this is a major retailer with credible family that owned the business. We then proceeded to the factory location on December 3 /2007 and were greeted by a Lastman's Bad Boy sales associate and a manager. After showing us what they had to offer, my wife and me decided on a sectional that met our needs and price range. The total price of $1324.54 with a deposit of $400.00 on our American Express card and the fixing of a delivery date of March 1/2008 and a balance of $924 dollars payable at any Lastman's Bad Boy location or a certified check to the delivery staff. We left content and excited about our first major purchase for our new home. We were told to call at the beginning of February to give them our new address and postal code for delivery.

On February 1 /2008 is when the distasteful dealing began. I called the Lastman's Bad Boy offices to give them my new address and was told that they had no record of our purchase and was told they would call us back by next day to clarify the matter. There was no call back the next day and I ended up calling back on February 6/2008 and explaining to another associate of theirs, and this associate was able to locate our sale record. I was then told to call back in a weeks to confirm the availability of the sectional for delivery. As instructed by them I called back on February 13/2008 and was told they have not yet located the sectional but that they are going to contact the manufacturer. You would think that if you cannot locate a sectional that is to be delivered at the end of month you would call manufacturer before the customer calls back. This should have already sent up red flags about this company but the Lastman’s Family name still carried weight with me. Lastman’s Bad Boy called me back on Feb 23 /2008 a week before delivery to tell me the unit was now being made. At this point I was beginning to worry about making the balance payment with no solid assurance that unit will be ready for delivery. I then received a call from Lastman’s Bad Boy on February 29 that delivery will be on March 1/2008 in the afternoon to my relief.

On March 1/2008 my wife and I went to a Lastman’s Bad Boy store in Mississauga to make the balance payment. Guess what? They did not have record of our purchase on their system. Now they called head office and left messages and no one was calling them back. I then suggested that they run the charge of $924.00 on our Master Card and then clear it up with head office so that I can show proof of payment to the delivery staff. They then said I have to wait for the call back from head office. After waiting another 45 minutes with no call back from head office, they decided to accept my idea of paying the balance and then sorting it out when they get a call back from head office. We now rushed home and to our relief the delivery truck had not yet arrived. When the delivery staff arrived they were courteous and careful with the delivery. At this time I wanted to inspect the sectional and was told I have three days to inspect unit and report and defects to Customer Service. Upon removing the protective plastic from the sectional the blatantly visible bad workmanship was extremely apparent. Listed are all the defects on the sectional:

- The two sections do not meet at a 90-degree angle

- On most - back and sides - corners the fabric is not stretched adequately creating a draping effect where it should be smooth that is also apparent on the ottoman

- The foam cushions are not cut to the proper or the same size as the outside layer - the fabric - causing excess fabric on the edges, causing one to tilt to the side when sitting on the coach.

- The seems are not sewn shut causing the filling to come out on main cushions and pillows

- Two of the feet for the ottoman were delivered broken making it completely unusable

- On the inside corner of the main section the fabric was stretched too tight and cut too high which is a high potential for tearing

- Nails and staples were not properly padded and are easily felt through the fabric.

It is evident that this was 'thrown' together in a rush to make their delivery date. This is not what we saw in the show room when we made our purchase and in no way would we have bought this sectional if had known this type of substandard sectional was going to be delivered to us.

On March 3, 2008 we contacted Customer Service and reported the above defects. I was then assured by the Customer Service Representative that a field technician would come out to our home to make repairs and if cannot be repaired on the spot, the technician was to write a report listing all the defects and report back to Customer Service and call back was to placed to instruct us of the next steps.

Customer Service then set up the date of service for March 8, 2008. On March the 8th we had a severe snowstorm. The technician called and asked if he could come the next day on March 9th because road were snow covered on the 8th, which we gladly agreed to given the dangerous circumstances for driving. On March the 9th the roads were clear and safe to drive on and the technician was a no call no show. On March the 10th I called Customer Service to arrange for another appointment. Customer Service then scheduled us for March 15th, no explanation was offered as to why no one called or showed on the 9th as scheduled by the technician. On March 15th same scenario no call no show from the technician. At this point we were livid with the lack of professionalism on Lastman’s Bad Boy part. We again contacted Customer Service and were yet again rescheduled for March 22 between 10:30 and 12:30. On March the 20th the day before Good Friday we received a call from Customer Service asking if they could come on the 21st instead, which was Good Friday, we accepted. Again, no call no show! On March 22nd we purposely stayed home until 1:00 p.m.in case they had been a mix up and they were going to come on the 22nd, as it was the original appointment. We then had to go out shopping in preparation for Easter Sunday's dinner. While we were out we received a call form the technician at 1:30 saying that he was at our house. He was neither apologetic nor courteous about his tardiness and complained that he had to drive all the way to Brampton; at that point we were unable to come to the house to accommodate his tardiness. He, at that point said he could come back on Monday March 24th, we accepted, again no call no show. On March 25 we were contacted by another technician who said that he would be at our home at 5 p.m., we accepted and made sure we came home right away after work. The technician, arrived at our home at 7:30 p.m. Upon entering our home he informed us that he was only here to make a report of the defects on the sectional and he only does repairs to mechanical chair (recliners). We own a sectional not a recliner. He then proceeded to witness and write the long list of defects he observed on the sectional as described above. He then told us he would be faxing the report to Customer Service and we would be contacted within 3 business days. No one called us back. We then called Customer Service on April the 1st to be updated. At this point Customer Service said they had not received the fax form the technician. They then stated that they would get in touch with technician to obtain the information. On April 2nd we contacted Customer Service and now demanded our money back as we were getting nowhere for the last month. Customer Service said no to our request for a refund, we then ask to speak to a Manager. Customer Service said they would give the Manager the message to call us back by the end of day, which never happened. Between April 3rd and April 4th we left a total of 10 messages with Customer Service requesting a call back from a Manager. On April the 5th a Manager called us and presented himself as Manager for Customer Service. He said that we must give Lastman’s Bad Boy an opportunity to attempt to repair the sectional. He said he would scheduled someone to pick up the sectional on the following Saturday April the 12, and while they were going to attempt to repair the sectional we would be given a loaner which we reluctantly accepted. We were told repairs would take up to three weeks. It is very strange that it would take them 3 weeks to repair the sectional considering it took them 1 week to put it together! The Manager assured us that he would personally make sure this would happen and follow up. Guess what, no show no call! At his point we have come to the conclusion that Lastman's Bad Boy simply did not care at all.

We sent an e-mail to Customer Service informing them that we were giving them 1 more week to resolve this matter or we would submit a complaint to Government Agencies; inform the media and financial institutions. At the end of the week we still had not heard back from anyone. We placed a call to Customer Service asking for a Manager e-mail address and inform them of the actions we were planning to take. The e-mail address provided was incorrect and never reached the Manager it did however reach Customer Service who informed the Manager. We then received a threatening e-mail from the Manager saying that he would forward this matter to his legal department if we were to proceed with our action as he claims we were making false accusations and asked us to call him, even though he has our home and cell #.

We replied back to the Manager explaining that we were not threatening but were serious about resolving this matter and asked him to call us back. No one called us back.

Therefore here we are desperate to resolve this issue and asking for support. All we want is our money back and for this substandard sectional to be removed from our home, that's it! Is it too much to ask after being ridiculed for almost 2 months.

Regards,

professionalism

My husband and I decided to go shopping for new appliances at Bad Boy. We were greeted by some lovely sale...

professionalism

My husband and I decided to go shopping for new appliances and try out the new Bad Boy in London last weekend. We arrived and were greeted in a friendly manner. As we headed for the appliances, a blonde woman introduced herself. We were horrified. She attempted to answer a couple of questions we had and obviously knew nothing of appliances. That was not bad enought. We could hardly understand what she was trying to say because of the huge wad of bubble gum she was chomping on like a dairy cow chewing her cud. As if that was not bad enough, her attire was shocking. Her skirt was at least 8 inches above her knee and her high heeled shoes reminded me of a "corner girl". A company as large as Bad Boy, I am sure should have a dress code but obviously not enforced. The whole experience was awful. My husband suggested we leave immediately because we wanted to buy appliances, not what she was trying to sell. You can quarantee we will never go back if this is the type of sales people that they employ. I will also tell my friends not to go there for these reasons.

Sarah May 12, 2008

Dear Mrs. Joanne DiAngelo,

The purpose of this is to convey to you my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you and your husband experienced last month with respect to your visit to the Lastman’s Bad Boy store here in London, Ontario.

I was just informed of this website this morning by another sales associate I work with at the London store. As soon as I read your complaint it was very clear the women you were speaking of was me. I am very sorry for the lack of product knowledge and professionalism you and your husband had witnessed on the floor that day.

Consequently, I have taken it upon myself to ensure my over-all appearance is taken more seriously and I am attending several training seminars this summer to become more product aware so I can be of better service to my customers.

Again, I am deeply sorry for my behaviour and would like you to find it in yourself to give an excellent store like Lastman’s Bad Boy a second chance.

Sincerely,

Sarah Regier
    Sales Associate, Lastman’s Bad Boy London

terrible service

Be aware!!! Do not buy from bad boy, because noooooooobody has service like them!!! I purchased a kitchen...

Mississauga Consumer Electronics

terrible experience!

We bought a fridge and stove from this store and specifically ask if they had them in stock or if they would have to order them. They said they were both in stock and could be delivered the following week. The night before the delivery, we had a phone call from the store telling us, they can deliver the fridge but the freezer would be about 3 weeks. I was mad and ask how come they told us they were both in stock now they are not. They asked me who told me they were in stock. I said the older guy in the appliance section. Can miss him, big mouth, will try to sell you everything and all the extended warranty. She knew who it was and said to please hang on. She came back on the phone and said that he never told me that there were both in stock, why would he tell me that if they were not. I was furious and ask to speak to him. He got on the phone and literally call me a liar and they want to deliver the fridge and I said no, I said deliver them at the same time, I was not going to arrange 2 delivery. He told me that did not work for him and cannot guarantee that they will have the fridge then. Needless to say I let my husband talk to him because I was ready to jump in the car and pay him a visit at the store. It took 4 weeks to get our stuff.

I will never shop there again, and told all of our family, friend, people at work, not to go there they are a bunch of liars.

• Mu
    Mubarak Apr 15, 2009

I have same kind of experience very unprofessional peoples.

• Sh
    Shawn12345 Jan 31, 2015

The first time you go to them you are promptly attended by customer service but after you deposit the money upfront they turn their back. If they can't deliver they won't refund the money but force you to take a product they you didn't want. Products are advertised which they cannot deliver. When they have your money and you pay visit all customer service try to run away from you. You have to go on that particular days when the customer service who sold you the furniture is working as if you got the furniture from him and the store has nothing to do with him

bogus pricing!

They advertise flat screen tv packages with surround sound and wall mounting bracket included. When I tried to purchase one, the sales person fist told me the surround sound was crap and I should upgrade to another product. Then I was told the mounting bracket was an addition 144.00 dollars. The 1598.00 system package without upgrades came to a staggering 2574.00. When I asked how I was told taxes. The entire time the sales person had the flier in her hand and would not explain how she had arrived at this finial price. My wife had a calculator and we showed her 1598.00 plus taxes was only 1805.74, at which she offered a 75.00 dollar discount on her price? Lastman's Bad Boy who honors the advertised package prices "NOBODY" I left and will not return. If you contact Lastman's thru their email to the head office it proclaims a response in 24 hrs. I have been waiting a week and still no reply to my inquiry.

angrywithbadboy Jul 31, 2009

Don't Shop at Bad Boy - Nothing but Bad Service

I went into the Burlington store on July 16 to order furniture for my move to my new home. I made a point of letting the store sales-person (David) and the manager (George) know that I had to have at least the living-room furniture by my move-in date. I also made a point of having David confirm that the sofa and loveseat I wanted was in stock so as to be assured that I would have furniture by my requested date. Stock was confirmed to be in.

Now, I am fighting to get delivery confirmation from Bad Boy (initiated by me, because no one called me to set-up a delivery time) only to find out that the only thing available to me is love seat and a dresser for my move-in date, but nothing else (I bought a whole house worth of stuff). This on its own is frustrating but to make matters worse, I cannot seem get a straight answer as to when the rest of my furniture will be in. Depending on who I am talking to dates for furniture arrival seem to be ranging from a week, a couple of weeks to the end of September. This is unacceptable! I would not have made a purchase from Bad Boy had I known that such a large furniture store didn’t actually have any furniture to sell. I have asked repeatedly for a straight answer as to what the “real” furniture arrival dates for my purchases are, but have gotten no answers, just the run around. I just wants some honesty so that I am not continually disappointed.

I have tried calling the manager several times to find out if I could at least get the floor model furniture that I wanted (why isn’t this something that is being offered to me, as a solution without me having to ask?), so that I have some furniture for delivery but I have been hung up on three times, then put on hold twice, and then told I would get a call back from George - twice. Can you imagine that I have not received a call...I know after such excellent service I was amazed too.

I am at the point now where I just want to cancel my order, but found through other people's complaints that ALL SALES ARE FINAL - and that there is a 25% total invice price charge on any cancellations for re-stocking; funny considering that nothing seems to be in stock. Tell me, what are they re-stocking?

• Mr
    mr concerned Sep 03, 2009

Well there are 2 sides to every story.I think you do have a point but then as far as my shopping experiences, companies do the best to get the product to you and sometimes
    suppliers make retailers take the fall for there misgivings.
    But alas its always the sales people who are blamed for it all.
    It just sounds like u need to vent with this pen letter of one sided story of events.
    but i do hope you feel better and get your situation sorted out

Mark, in Kitchener Apr 02, 2010

I had the same sort of "surreal" experience just last Friday, when my wife and i were in the vicinity of the Kitchener store... and were curious to see to the newer models.

After about an hour, we had arrived at a "cash-deal" with one of the too-many(?) salespersons. He was making some pretty-good on-the-spot offers... even though we don't really need something new now.

After a short dinner, we returned to that store with the agreed-upon funds... and guess what? That salesperson, Rick Kensie, spun around with his hand over his mouth, exclaiming, "I never said that! But i'll give you a $50 coupon if you buy at the separately-listed prices." (I replied, "What are you laughing at? You're wasting my time!" And his supervisor was of zero help.)

Anyway, the up-shot of all of this is that we went to Marten's Furniture yesterday, also in Kitchener, and bought a new living-room set there... as i felt bad for my wife having been "played" like that at Bad-Boy's. At least we never bought anything there. And why sue over an oral agreement for something which they, in all likelihood, mark-up 4 or 5 times (what they paid for it)... still profiting well, even after almost any court-action outcome, or consumer-protection penalties.

I now recommend Marten's to anyone, especially they who have had similar Bad-Boy experiences. Marten's has regular prices which are half(?) the others, free delivery on EVERY THING in the store, salespersons who "go out of their way" to avoid selling a customer on something he/she really doesn't want or need, and a triple-A Better Business Bureau rating. Derrek was my rep, a very- friendly and honest person. (After my experience at Bad-Boy, i spent about half an hour on line and over the phone to check out some of the fairly-detailed stuff Derrek had told me about their products and policies.)

definitely the first and last time we ever visit a bad boy store

On December 8th, 2007, my husband and I purchased a leather couch, loveseat and chair set from the Bad Boy...

unsafe furniture

My husband and I bought a couch, loveseat and chair set from the barrie bad boys 2 months ago. This set is very unsafe as any time someone tries to get off of it, the whole couch or chair starts to tip. I went in with my parents and we showed him how it tipped and added that it is even worse on our hardwood floors and all the manager could say to us was that he wouldnt recommend that every piece of furniture be placed on hardwood floors. How many people now a days have hardwood floors? So we finally called head office customer service, they finally had a technician come out who had to save himself on our coffee table while trying to get off the chair. He took a picture and explained to us the reason it was doing this was because the way the couch is constructed with the legs being in farther than the legs it causes it to tip. When I called a week and a half later, the guy I spoke to said the technician reported nothign was wrong after standing in our house telling us he could the problem. So I told him the technician than stood here and bold faced lied to us, I said I think you need to have the customer sign the report when the technician is done so everyone is in agreement. And he said to me the customer does sign it, which is funny because neither my husband nor I signed anything because the technician did not fill out a report at our house!
I would not recommend bad boys to anybody as they are rude and do not care about their customers. Do not waste your money on their [censored] furniture.

• Wa
    Watch Our Jan 05, 2008

Please go to the larger BB about this company.... "Lastman's Bad Boy Furniture". Or do a google search for "bad boy complaints" and you'll see the other thread. This and anybody will find help here....the only help (not through Bad Boy as they're ###) is banding together and printing off these complaints to be used in action against them.

Unfortunate that these type of companies exist still. I'm in Kitchener and this store's been open only 4 months. Since August 2007. London had been open about 2-3 weeks longer than the Kitchener one and there's postings there as well. Absolutely maddening.

Marcelle Cutrone Jan 31, 2008

My husband and I purchased a fridge, gas stove, washer, dryer and a dining room set from the Badboy store in Barrie in September. We had it delivered to our new home on Dec. 7. Upon the delivery, the fridge was all chipped and dinged and was very loud, the stove was electrice (we purchased a gas one) and the dining room set was all scratched and chipped. Upon several calls that Friday and over the weekend, I was told that nobody could help me until the following Monday. I didn't hear anything back, on the Tuesday I called again and proceeded to tell me that everything was on backorder now and the my real stove was just delivered to someone else the day prior. I was then told that they had the dining room table top in stock and would be delivered that Friday. Friday came and nobody showed up and following another call to Badboy, they had no explaination. My husband took over the calls and spoke with someone else at customer service. He said found our stove at the Barrie store and it along with our replacement dining room table would be delivered the following Wednesday. I received a voice mail the day before the delivery stating that it wasn't coming because delivery was closed due to Christmas holidays and the deliveries would have to wait until the new year. I called on Jan. 7, 2008 and again, nobody could help me and couldn't locate any of our replacement items. My husband called the manager in the Barrie store and he guaranteed that our delivery would come that Friday. Well it did. The fridge was fine this time, but the stove had a very large dent in the side, which the delivery guys pointed out to my husband and they even shook their heads at the condition. My husband was so fed up and we needed a stove that he told them to leave it and we would deal with it with customer service. We also found that our new dining room table was all banged up again and also again some of the chairs. I called the manager in Barrie and explained everything. I didn't want anymore replacement as this was to be too much. The stove grill was missing some of the padded feet. The feet on the bottm were broken so you can't raise it at all (which we do need to do to make it fit properly). The gas line coming from the back of the stove is cracked and leaks out gas sometimes and it wasn't delivered with the owners manual nor the warranty. I told him that I wanted a wood specialist out to fix our dining room set and wanted a technician to fix the stove up properly and further more, because the stove was so badly damaged I wanted a credit of some kind. I was didn't purchase these items at a scratch and dent sale and further more, we made it very clear that we didn't want the floor models of anything. It has been almost three weeks and still haven't heard anything as the manager promised. He is now avoiding my calls. Just two days ago I finally called the manager again and he answered the phone to tell me that he was annoyed that nobody had called me yet and that I would hear from him or someone else yesterday. Well, not to my surprise nobody called and when I called the store last night I was told that the manager wasn't even in yesterday. So we are getting the run around, my stove looks awful and so does the dining room. I am very stickly about my things and this is completely unacceptable, further more because I don't have a warranty sheet or an owners manual, Kitchenaide can't help me. I hope this gets resolved. I have already sent a long email to Silverman helps in the hopes that he would be very interested in exposing Badboy considering it is a GTA based company and so is the station he represents!

buyer beware!

I recently made a purchase at the new Bad Boy store in Kitchener. I paid for the item in full...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices