Having problems with Kumon?

Kumon reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Feb 24, 2014. The latest review Waiting time was posted on Jun 2, 2021. The latest complaint SCAM was resolved on May 25, 2014. Kumon has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 13 reviews. Kumon has resolved 2 complaints.

Kumon Customer Service Contacts

1800 222 6284 (Customer Service)
+1 201 928 0444 (Head Office)
300 Frank W. Burr Blvd, Suite 6
Teaneck, New Jersey
Canada
640 Applewood Crescent, Vaughan, ON L4K 4B4

Mexico
Kumon Instituto de Educación, S.A. de C.V., Arquimedes № 130 Piso 7, Col. Polanco Mexico, D.F. 11560

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Kumon Customer Service. Initial Kumon complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Kumon above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Kumon. Discuss the issues you have had with Kumon and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Kumon Complaints & Reviews

Jun 02, 2021

Kumon — Waiting time

Hi I have my son who goes to Kumon @ Dayton, NJ for Maths classes. I see a lot of kids her anytime but only...

KumonTeachers and fees along with subject

Dear team
Kumon Noida Sec-50 Centre
A-56/2, Sec-50, Noida-201303
Above address is the Kumon center where kid study.
The teachers are incompetent and their pronunciation is very bad. They are not problem solving. They just gave 2 page sheets a day.
Fees they took is quarterly whereas others take on month basis
Also they cheat parents by giving Hindi tuitions by Kumon and do personal tuitions.

Kumondisrespect

Today and last Thursday, I started going to Kumon, I don't want to sound entitled but both times I left the exam area, I was pushed out by the man who I believe was running the centre, and it's not just me, but other black children.
    In addition to that, I had to sit a test to [censored] my level of ability, I am a set 1 yr7 student who scored 100% on the arithmetic, however, the homework I was given was about fractions.
    Lastly, my father dropped me off and went to the M&S just around the corner so that I could do my tests. But I was pushed out by the same man and was told to call my father because of the fact that he hadn't filled out the proper forms. When he came back to fill in the forms, the man who had pushed me out earlier was yelling about how he had already told my dad about the forms (which he hadn't). I then had to quit because that kind of tone is not one that I should hear on a daily basis.
    I hope that this helps parents choose the right tuition centre.

Kumonunethical behaviour

Hi,

As a mom-blogger with focus on early education, I am constantly looking for classes for my child and was as excited as my daughter to have her enroll in your class. I saw a Facebook post offering a free trial. I filled all the details in the facebook form including her age. The lady at the store immediately called me back (what I assume is a sales callback, and pushed me to come to the center asap).

I got really excited and got my daughter to avail the class, only for her to tell me my daughter was too young for the course. She was 2.5 years (which I had explicitly mentioned in the form as well as on a call with her). The lady (her name is Harriet ) was extremely curt and told us that the initial class was actually an assessment to see if my daughter fit the bill. Since my daughter was jumping up and down enthusiastically I let her take the assessment. At this point, I was as asking if my helper could be around because my daughter was really young. The teacher in-house was extremely sweet and said for a week it would be ok until my child got used to the surroundings. Harriet instantly corrected saying it as not allowed. There was some part on giving homework to my child which I was still iffy about so I didn't respond right away when she was asking me to signup on that very day. When I told her I wanted to mull over she gave me the look of death like my daughter's visit was an utter waste of her time.

I reached back again as I had talked myself into signing my child up as she seemed thrilled at the surroundings. This is where things started to get downhill. I went again to enquire and she shared a plan of how I could avail a lower rate ( half the cost) if I had her sign up on the 11th instead of the start of the month. Again, calling this out as I deem this very necessary. I am looking for quality education for my daughter and I am not really going to be cheap about any fees. It somehow looked like she sized me up (because I am Indian, and automatically assumed I am seeking a cheaper alternative).

In that very discussion, she mentioned a pro-rata option as well and I had asked her what that was. Suddenly she got on the defensive and said the half price was the cheapest and why I am asking an unnecessary question. This is where I snapped (in my head as I was again with my daughter and didn't want to show displeasure ) and I had asked her if she can tell me finally what was the amount I had to pay. She said, in the rudest way possible, that it is full price for me and she will not let me avail any offer because it was completely on her to activate it.

I was aghast. If this isn't racist I have no clue what this is. I am genuinely wondering out loud, if it was a non-Indian kid that showed up, will you still be sharing cost-cutting options and then deeming the person unworthy of conversation? I obviously want to chronicle this on mail as well but couldn't as I was traveling on blog-assignments.

I am asking you this because I don't think that teacher is representative of your entire staff and I am hoping it is a one-off thing. I genuinely want to send my daughter to these classes and the closest one is Forum mall but I am petrified that the teacher might take any anger out on my child and this is not monitored by me.

Please advise.

Thanks
      Danisha Nathyal
      (+65 [protected])
      (danisha.[protected]@gmail.com)

Kumon — dress code

Is there no dress code for instructors/assistants - especially the females? How can some KUMON Instructor...

Kumon — the lead representative at the sixth line oakville location is extremely rude and should not be working with children

My daughter, who volunteered with this location for 25 hours, had been in email correspondence with the lead...

Oakville

Kumon — rude owner

I was yelled at by the owner in front of her students because I expressed my concerns in an email over the...

Kumon — false claims

My Son ASKED, me for help with Grade 4 (2016) multiplication and division. The grid system/technique i...

Melbourne

Kumon Math & Reading — Kumon instructor rapes student for 2 years in connecticut

EAST LONGMEADOW, MA (WGGB/WSHM) - There is shocking news coming out against the Kumon Franchise owner of a...

Kumon — Stay away from Kumon of Howell

WE paid too much money at Kumon of Howell in Howell township, New Jersey for what it was worth. No result...

Kumon — Kumon Franchise Scam

Kumon franchise is a scam. We experienced it first hand. We were show all fabricated data by the franchise...

Kumon Math & Reading — SCAM

Kumon Math & Reading is SCAM. We experienced it first hand. We had enrolled our children at the local Kumon...

Kumon Math & Reading — Children's education horror story

Children's education horror story. Looking back, I feel stupid ever enrolling my children at Kumon...

Hamilton