Klaus Towingpredatory towing - scam

K Jan 17, 2020 Review updated:

I arrived at the Chipotle on Centennial Blvd at 6:48 pm. I drove around the lot trying to find a parking space. As I circled, there was a very large dirt lot right next to the parking spaces. I drove through the dirt lot trying to find a space and came back around. I decided to park on the dirt, and looked to see if it was okay to park there. There were not any visible signs that I was not able to park there. I parked and went into Chipotle to order my food. When I came out, 22 minutes later, my car was gone. I assumed my car was stolen. My daughter and I walked all around the empty lot, and noticed a small blue sign, about 100 yards away from where I parked, and saw a sing that said 'private parking', and had the name and number of Klaus towing. I called the number and was told they towed my car and it would cost $324.00 to get my car back. I asked for the address, and when I put the address in my phone, found that it was 28 minutes away. My car was not even at the tow lot when called. I drove the 30 minutes to pick up my car. I asked for the name of the owner of the lot, as this is an atrocity. I told them their was one small sign that no one can see in the dark, and if they were going to sit and wait for people to park their cars and tow them within minutes of parking, they should have the common decency to tell that I can't park there. They were obviously 'stalking' the area, and the receipt states they towed my car at 6:52 pm. So, 4 minutes after I parked, they towed my car. I am absolutely stunned with the lack of ethics. This is predatory criminal behavior! In my view, my car was stolen!

predatory towing - scam

• Bo
    Bob5634 Jan 22, 2020

Note, you can file a complaint with the Colorado Public Utilities Commission if you think there was anything illegal about the tow. In the case of the lot by Chipotle on Garden of the Gods Road the missing signs may be enough that they don’t meet requirements.