Kiwi Carpet Cleaning / Kiwi Services Logo

Kiwi Carpet Cleaning / Kiwi Services

Having problems with Kiwi Carpet Cleaning / Kiwi Services?

Kiwi Carpet Cleaning / Kiwi Services Customer Service Contacts

+1 602 737 3155 (Phoenix Area)
+1 770 285 1625 (Atlanta Area)
+1 972 597 2378 (Dallas Area)
+1 713 999 6158 (Houston Area)
+1 512 829 3044 (Austin Area)
+1 817 835 8570 (Fort Worth Area)
+1 303 720 7851 (Denver Area)
2245 Keller Way #250
Carrollton, Texas

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Kiwi Carpet Cleaning / Kiwi Services Customer Service. Initial Kiwi Carpet Cleaning / Kiwi Services complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Kiwi Carpet Cleaning / Kiwi Services above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Kiwi Carpet Cleaning / Kiwi Services. Discuss the issues you have had with Kiwi Carpet Cleaning / Kiwi Services and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Kiwi Carpet Cleaning / Kiwi Services Complaints & Reviews

Kiwi Carpet Cleaningthey were too busy and no one came to clean the carpet

I waited for someone from the company Kiwi Carpet Cleaning to come to my house and clean the carpet. We agreed that someone would come today between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. I waited and no one showed up or even called about the lateness. I was shocked and called them, but the rep told in calm voice that they were too busy and no one would show up. I don’t recommend this company at all.

Kiwi Carpet Cleaningbad results

Oh how I wish that I had paid attention to all the bad reviews I read before using Kiwi carpet cleaning services. But, I didn't. Instead, I decided to go with the couple of good reviews figuring that more people write bad reviews than good.

Kiwi came to my house, I left and returned in time to pay the gentleman - standing outside in the driveway. When I walked into the house, it smelled okay and that was it. Other than vaccuming and spreading a scent around, I could not tell that the carpets had been cleaned. There was no evidence of spot cleaning or strain treatment.

It does not matter that they offer $4.00 per room recleaning. At this this point, I don't care if they offer free recleaning, I have no intention of ever using them again. Even the worst carpet cleaner I have used in the past was ten times better than Kiwi at cleaning.

• Bo
        Bob6525 May 01, 2014

Totally believable as they did my friends house today and the stains were still there and they didn't bring their own vacuum as they ask for hers to use and they didn't vacuum first nor get the stains out of the carpet and will be coming back for free in a couple of days to try again. There was stuff thrown against the baseboards that they never vacuumed up and the two guys they send out had such a bad accent I couldn't even talk to them as I couldn't understand what they were saying. We moved everything for them to make it easier but they did a bad job and were only there about 35 minutes total for 3 rooms and stairs too. They spray the spots with a bug sprayer and then run the buffer to try and get the spots out and then vacuumed very little which is suppose to be done first according to their web site. And no one groomed the carpet either like it shows on their web site. $180 wasted on these idiots and still have stains which should be gone! Terrible results!

Kiwi Carpet Cleaninghorrible service

Kiwi to clean our carpets & made them look worse than they were. Included in price was for them to vacuum area they were to clean. Since the tech saw me vacuuming an area, he decided not need to vacuum. He skipped step 1 of vacuuming & started to spray their chemicals on floor then run over with the buffer(our floors got dirt pressed into them due to him not vacuuming. Then he went to stairs and used a small buffer and made a huge mess. The dirty water was sprayed all over our base boards and walls. He got me after he was through making the mess to see what I thought of the carpets. I thought he was joking as they were worse than they were before and the mess he had made was horrible. Our carpets still have stains on them which could have been easily removed. I stepped out side to call customer service and saw that the container he was using to spray our floor was labeled "round up". So, does this mean weed killer was in the container before and now it’s used to put carpet cleaners in it? His car also had 2 different license plates on it, one from California and one from Florida.1st customer rep said she would send another person out to clean but I told her we didn’t want anyone else in our house due to the mess created and we didn’t want to pay for service. She said that if I didn’t pay, I would basically be "stealing”. After speaking to 3 reps and then a manager (over 45 minutes) manager said he would just not charge us for problem. The company was very misleading. The man who cleaned our carpet should have vacuumed, he said the sales rep should have told us our stairs would not look clean as Kiwi is known for not being able to clean stairs good, vehicles should be marked in some way. (the man did clean our stairs a 2nd time but they are now soaking wet and should dry with in an hour according to him but are nowhere close to being dried and have stains on them which make them look like they were never cleaned).Kiwi is very misleading and do not live up to what they say they will do and can do. I feel like they are a scam as they !

• Bo
          Bob6525 May 01, 2014

Same thing happened to me today as they never vacuumed first but did a little after the spot removal so the buffers threw stuff all over the sides of the rooms and walls. The stains were still there for the most part it looked like they just spreaded the stains in the carpet to make it match the stain.

• Dr
          Drew Apr 26, 2010

Unreliable. NO SHOW NO CALL. we signed up for 2 year warranty but it's pointless having it because we could not get them to come as they promise. They don't do a good job cleaning either.

• Da
          DarR87 Aug 13, 2009

This company ruined my carpets. They claim that my carpets were already damaged. These were orientals that they took from my house. They came back 1 month later a faded color and smelled really bad. I am going to take them to small claims court. Don't use them!

Kiwi Carpet Cleaningdo not make the same mistake I did by using them

These are 3rd party guys they send out and I actually saw the guy put his maroon shirt on in the car after he pulled up. They were advertising a special on hardwood floor cleaning specialist to specifically know how to clean my hardwoods. These particular hardwoods are supposed to be left dull and not have any polish on them. Well he applied paste wax which is the one thing you don't do! I called immediately after he finished and his buffer machine left a thick gray wax all over my baseboard trim. This is over 1000 sf of hardwoods, so they said they would send damage control to estimate the cleanup. Damage control came out (another 3rd party) and he was very upset with the job that was done and frankly told me to get my money back and stay away from them. I should have sued them for the $10, 000 of damage but had no time or energy and suffered my lack of researching them before I called. Please don't make this mistake, it is worth it to pay the extra $ and look at their BBB report C+!! I complained through them and they got the ball rolling and made Kiwi refund my $500+ bill. And they still send me coupons!!!

Kiwi Carpet Cleaningdo not use this company, they do not use green chemicals as stated

I wish I would've read the reviews prior to having Kiwi come to my house. I had the carpet cleaned, which cost me more than quoted. The fumes were so bad that my husband and I had to leave the house. My dog immediately started having seizures and has never had them before. After I recleaned the carpet myself my dog stopped having seizures, coincidence? Do not use this company, they do not use green chemicals as stated, there are fumes and they state on their website there won't be any. I also had to move the furniture myself, the website says they will do it. Please do not use this company if you have pets or even children!

Kiwi Carpet Cleaningscam

Having cleaned carpets professionally, I am ashamed of my self for not doing my homework on this one. In a nutshell, their method of cleaning carpets is almost funny. They spray a mist of "cleaner" with a squirt bottle on your carpet and then us a buffering pad called a bonnet that spins in circles to "extract" the dirt. That is the same train of thought as squirting cleaner on a soiled shirt and rubbing it in and calling the shirt clean. Thinking your shirt is clean using the method explained previously is akin to believing your carpets are clean after Kiwi Carpet Cleaning gives you the bill. There is very little extraction if any taking place with the bonnet that is used because the friction of the pad will cause the emulsified dirt to burro back into the carpet. If anything you are just pushing the dirt farther into the carpet which will leave the same smell once the perfumes in the cleaner evaporate. If you value your money, please do not walk but run away from this company. It is a SCAM!!!

• Wh
                whowhat Aug 03, 2013

The bonnet method does extract, just not as thorough as hot water extraction.

Kiwi Carpet Cleaningavoid like a plague

Saturday, 9/29 Kiwi came to my home to clean my carpets. I pride myself on keeping an immaculate home. That night and all of the the following week I felt itchy and miserable. I was takling to friend of mine and I mentioned that I had all these itchy bumps on my ankles. She thought that perhaps I had fleas in my home. I discounted that as ridiculous, since I don't have any pets. My friend suggested that I puit on a pair of white socks and walk through my home. If there were fleas in the hous I'd see them on the socks. To my ABSOLUTE HORROR, there they were!!! I called Kiwi and informed them of what happened and they insist that it could not be their fault and suggested that I call an exterminator. There were NO FLEAS in my home until they brought them in. It cost me $310.00 to have my home infested with fleas. I SUGGEST THAT PEOPLE AVOID KIWI LIKE THE PLAGUE!!! I am now miserable in my own home and the exterminator will cost me $100.00.

• Wh
                  whowhat Aug 03, 2013

The carpet cleaner brought fleas into your home? What does that have to do with the company. Anybody could have brought fleas into your home, electrician, cable installer, painter, dog, cat, your aunt, your uncle, or you.

Kiwi Servicesthey suck

This company is a rip-off! They over charge for their services, they treat workers like ###. You are a independent contrator, you use your truck.gas, insurance and you have to rent their equipment. And their equipment is junk! Their carpet cleaning method does nothing but smear the dirt around in your carpet(stupid). They have a $4 cleaning But first you have to pay an outragous first time cleaning and the tech makes maybe $20 on the job. That's why no one stays their very long. When i started working for them they hired 10 people and didn't have the work for 10 people. They didn't even have enough equipment for everyone! Well needless to say they fired some of them and some quit after realizing the company sucks! They still owe people money for jobs and won't pay for stupid reasons. The manager had no clue how to run a business, equipment broke down and took forever to fix unless you fixed it yourself. They say their tech's make $600 to $1500 a week LoL. You run allover and don't make ###! Don't ever work for them and never hire them to do anything for you!

• Go
                    gotrugsmarts Oct 03, 2010

I totally agree. I have been in the carpet cleaning field for over two decades, worked for Kiwi Services. All of what you mentioned it 100% correct. I've even had my call assignment reassigned to another techician when I was already in route to a scheduled call assignment way out of the way of where I was interrupted to then turn back to go to another call appointment. This was not a cancelation between the customer & Kiwi. It was dispatch reassigning a new job, changing it's mind to give probably a more "experienced tech" the opportunity to have a better paying job call.

* Trip Charge: Wow, I get $2.50 (of the $28.00 Trip Charge) for using up $7.00-$10.00 of gas using my own vehicle, on top of it being a warranty cleaning. IE., I made $14.00 in warranty commissions and the trip charge being $2.50 of that.
                    Why should they get any of the trip charge? Is it their vehicle? Did they pay for the gas that it takes to get me to the next job call location? Do they pay for the wear & tear of my vehicle expenses? Were they the one driving to the job call location? The answers to all the above is a resounding NO. So, why do they think me (or any other technician) out there deserves only $2.50 after the trip costing us much more than that. The question for Kiwi is; why should you get ANY trip charge revenue percentages on anything that you did not purchase and resell yourself? I pay for my gas, oil changes, wear and tear on my vehicle, they don't.

It's' about time technicians not only get to keep 100% of "their" Trip Charge" for the above stated reasons, better commissions on warranty work. $7.50 for the first room, $2.00 for each bedroom, $1.00 per hallway, $3.00 per stair case. $2.00 for Living, Dinning, Bonus (or other multipurpose room), is nothing more than a sham, slap-in-the-face to technicians in general no matter what their experience level is, and even more so with seasoned veteran carpet cleaners in whom are certified and come with much more hands on experience.
                    Under $20.00 commission compensation for any job call (warranty and non warranty) is completely crooked. No wonder they go through so many technicians. When you see the ratio of technicians to work load being an overage, one can only conclude technicians are not stupid, figuring out they are being shamed and only find out after $100.00 of dollars are lost to lengthy "per trip miles and very low "general commission" rates unless you "up-sale" and play on the customers vulnerability.

When confronting Kiwi management, they are often told, Ie., warranties are where you make your money. It's a prime opportunity for you to "up-sale" to the customer for products / services that the customer more than likely doesn't need.

If any of you Kiwi customers or Kiwi technicians read this post, please bond together on this complain board and then let Kiwi read this forum, let them know that it's about time some big changes take place. Customers have the biggest pull for the following reasons:

* they cannot be fired (have their contract terminated)

* money talks and BS walks (the word gets out to enough people, Kiwi will be forced to change it's policies and proceeders where the customers and the technicians both benefit.

* Most (upscale customers are about ethics). If they knew that their warranty work was going to leave a technician making less than $20.00 (not including fuel charge), they'd hopefully cry, "foul-play" and demand
                    drastic changes take place. Technicians need to make a decent living as well. And as such, Kiwi's commissions for warranty or any other "non add-on" commissions (only 20%). $100.00 order, technician only makes $20.00 minus any fuel expenses. Less than minimum wage.

Ethics. No other carpet cleaning & other services offered company can pay their technician "under minimum wage" (commission earned without up-selling to the customer), receiving only the commissions made on most warranty jobs.
                    That's why Kiwi keeps on doing what they've been doing. Why? Because, no one can't. They can't even begin to compete because technicians at large have to become salesman and up-sale products & services the customer likely doesn't need. Technicians shouldn't stand for it. Anyone with basic math skills can see they're being taking advantage of, company not caring about the technician's bottom like. They say they do by offering 30-40% for add-on commissions. Yes, that nice money to share in. But if you cannot lie on some of the services rendered, you cannot make extra money for services the customer doesn't need.
                    The think they need them cause technicians are not properly trained to know carpet cleaning / fibers compositions. If they did, they would know that 5 generation and beyond of most all synthetic carpets made comes with the stain master properties incorporated in the pellets before it is ever melted and made into a useable fiber.
                    It's about time customers know the real scoop. I'd rather leave with less than $20.00 from a warranty (or non warranty) job than try and up-sale the customer with a product or service they probably don't need.
                    Have them (Kiwi) show you all the stats in all the areas I've mentioned above. If they cannot, run the other way. If you want you can contact: Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration (IICR)
                    Non-profit certification institute, founded to establish and monitor educational programs and standards for the textile, flooring and upholstery inspection, www.iicrc.org/

Besides the up-selling of products to customer who don't understand (only in layman's terms) and taking complete advantage of the lack of knowledge of their customers, is a complete and utter breach of what this industry is suppose to be, (all about trust and ethics).

However, you can't always point the finger at the technician. The new technician is only getting a crash course in carpets, air ducts, tile, hardwood floors, counter tops. Technicians only receive two classroom training days (and left to instruct them-selves), and one day out in the field with a senior technician and then turned loose to blunder their way through not really having all the "nuts & bolts" sense to not only handle all of the cleaning concerns. On top of that, having the nightmares of dealing with dispatch long waits on hold to process a credit card, the rude nature in how they treat most of the technicians, and the hurried natured calls to quickly get out of the job you're doing and to get you to the next job, even if that means doing a poor job just to get to your new call job.

Knowledge of fibers: What a crock. Yes we did cover "mildly aggressive, medium aggressive, heavily aggressive (which I already knew), as it relates to how to clean each type of fiber. Other than describing the names and the category in which each fiber fell into, there still was a lot of knowledge left out in which at least one more day in the classroom could have addressed other valuable knowledge based pieces of information that would surly help technicians out in the field keep from damage issues in which Kiwi isn't responsible for since you're an "independent contractor".

Subjects not covered as it relates to carpet fibers:

* Weights of Absorption absorption rates of various fiber types

* differences between conventional dye verses solution dyed

* Differences between sticky based cleaning chemicals and no sticky-based chemicals, Ph levels, etc.

* The pros and cons of other cleaning methods and why Kiwi's method is superior over all the other competition, such as; hot water extraction (better known as "steam cleaning)- both truck mount & portable, shampoo, Rotary (Chem Dry, Kiwi, and other bonnet cleaning methods), dry cleaning (various other compound and non compound non rotary / bonnet methods.

* How stain master properties are manufactured into each synthetic fiber pellet before it is melted into a fiber.

* How fibers are made (to include dye-slots and how they react to heat) Q. What is a Spinneret? A. Similar looking in likeness of a shower head.

* Why & how Olefin (better know as Polypropylene or melted down coke bottles) are solution dyed carpets?

All the above subject should have been easily covered in a "3-day" carpet cleaning maintenance" course "with instructor present during class time. Without all the proper training, how is the new technician who has never cleaned carpets professionally do a great job for the customer and not damage customers carpets due to; to much aggressiveness to carpet fibers, heat factors Ph levels, and how they're relevant to the proper cleaning knowledge to avoid damage to customers carpets and upholstery, and other services rendered.

I'd like to here response feedback from both customer and Technician as it relates to Kiwi Service.

• Kiwi services May 05, 2009

Hi well i can bet every one has some thing to say well i do.
                    i am a one of the best tech in Houston Texas and i am certified and insured i am going to say who ever call Kiwi to get your carpet or tile clean, the tech dont know how to clean for one two any one that knows how to clean know that they aint cleaning thats been said just watch out cause all they do is put oz gal of chemicals in your floors and they dont take none out just think for a sec if you was a carpet and some tech water you down with these chemicals then buff you around 5% of dirt will come on a pad but the rest of the dirt is still in you just spead around, thats why they bush the carpet so it can LOOK CLEAN but it really aint. once it has dry you will be sticky and nasty thats why some stain come up after a day or so because it was never clean its just like taking a shower but no water just soap nasty right just the same!!!
                    well i know how real business runs how KIWI dose it its not fair at all working for them or not i only work 5 days and it sucks i Quit that job because they really suck all the way round, there Equipment suck, they pay suck, that the ower suck, and i hope she is reading this i hate peolpe like you i have sue i company just like you and my company is better then yours the peolpe that you have working for you is hard working peolpe that has paper to work in the usa. how do i know cause i was one of em we only make 20% of each job maybe 40% in a blue moon thats all. i was upset when i seen techs how they was train lucky i was already train and creitifed in my company my techs are more then 100% train and they are not geting any % none else they sale a services and they will get 90% of making it plus hourly 15 upto 25 a hour! but you promise i would be make at less 600 a week upto 1, 500.00 perweek yea right maybe right not even you dont paid for gas nether insurance or miles for our trucks what do you pay for nothing how sweet is that i know you make more then millions i made in those days for her 1, 008.00 and ask how much did i make $220.00 that sucks and i use my truck to take her sh#* in my truck and she charge me for Retal her suff hahahaha i now am laughing she is funny well now i make 500 a 4 hours in a day and i am happy then ever be for i have more Contracts then i ever did i promise you something JADENSFLOORS will be number one in Houston because Stanley Steemer is also passing by i do RESIDENTAL AND COMMERCIAL
                    JADENSFLOORS.COM more then professional we are Experts!!! we care carpet care GUARANTEE OR your money back no question ask?
                    i am cheap but not that cheap see some peolpe dont get it. the cheaper you get is what you get 4 dollas just to make it look good how bout that but isn't clean NO that why its just $4 lol

Kiwi Services — unsanitary work conditions

Looking For a job? stay clear of Kiwi Services. I have worked there for over a year, like most, afraid to...

Kiwi Carpet Cleaningtotally dissapointed

The driver showed up late with the excuse of "I ran out of gas and had to push my truck to the gas station." Brought in a pump up sprayer a grey dingy looking bonnet and a buffer. Made the statement that he would start in the master (the rear most room) sprayed the entire room with his sprayer (he had not vacuumed nor brought a vac. in the house) he said "I can't get these spots out." We repiled then why are you here?" He said "I'll try one spot" He proceeded to smear one spot and proclaimed "see it won't come out" at that time I went to the kitchen and picked up a botte of woolite carpet spray sprayed a similar spot and wiped it with a sponge it lifted spot. He still claimed he could do nothing with the carpet. At that time we asked him to discontinue service he replied "I'll call my foreman" At that time I called Kiwi to express my wish that this gentleman leave my house. The operator tells me that the driver is telling a completely different story (ya think?) The unprofessional service is one thing but if he is going to bold face lie about the series of events then I really did not want him in my house. My wife and I had moved furniture and electronics to accomodate this service where is our motivation to not to tell the events as they happened. I wanted the carpets cleaned that is why I called a service to do it. I ended up going to lowes renting a carpet dr. and doing it myself. I have before and after pics to show results (all spots removed). Offering another crew (one man?) on another day was totally unacceptable what were supposed to do move furinture back and move again for service?

Kiwi Servicesthey suck

Hi well i can bet every one has some thing to say well i do.
                    i am a one of the best tech in Houston Texas and i am certified and insured going to say who ever call Kiwi to get your carpet or tile clean the tech dont know how to clean for one two any one that knows how to clean know that they aint cleaning that be said just watch out cause all they do is put oz gal of chemicals in your floors and they dont take none out just think for a sec if you was a carpet and some tech water you down with these chemicals then buff you around 5% of dirt will come on a pad but the rest of the dirt is still in you just spead around thats why they bush the carpet so it can LOOK CLEAN but it really aint. once it has dry you will be sticky and nasty thats why some stain come up after a day or so because it was never clean its just like taking a shower but no water just soap nasty right just the same!!!
                    well i know for how real business runs how KIWI dose it its not fair at all working for them or not i only work 5 days and it sucks i Quit that job because they really suck all the way round there Equipment suck they pay suck that the ower suck and i how she reads this i hate peolpe like you i have sue i company just like you and my company is better then yours the peolpe that you have working for you is hard working peolpe how do i know cause i was one of em but you promise i would be make at less 600 a week upto 1, 500 perweek yea right maybe right not even you dont paid for gas nether insurance or miles for our trucks what do you pay for nothing how sweet is that i know you make more then millions i made in those days for her 1, 08.00 and ask how much did i make $220.00 that sucks and i use my truck to take her sh#* in my truck and she charge me for Retal her suff hahahaha i now am laugh she is funny will now i make 500 a day and i am happy then ever be for i have more Contracts then i ever did i promise you something JADENSFLOORS will be number one in Houston because Stanley Steemer is also passing by i do RESIDENTAL AND COMMERCIAL
                    JADENSFLOORS.COM more then professional Expect!!! we care carpet care

Kiwi Services — awful service

First of all if you have already read the previous reports that have been written by both customers, and...

Kiwi Servicesno professionalism

It all started like this:

Apparently every employee of Kiwi Cleaning Services is payed by commission, as they have overpriced me for my house carpet cleaning, then they offer a 40% miraculous discount that still puts the price to an overpriced amount.

After that, the guy (one person) showed up to clean my house carpet, and mentioned that for $40 more I would get a teflon layer on the carpets. I agreed.

My house has 4000 square feet. The equipment they used was very old, compared to others used by other companies. They had a sort of vacuum clearner to-it-all thing that seemed to come out of the 50s. I could hear its power and it really seed weaker than my own non pro vacuum.

After the service was done (it took him about 3 hours only for 4000 square feet) they presented me the bill, which was calculated $40 per room, not for the whole house, therefore the teflon layer costed me alone about $300 on top of their overpriced fee. In the end, I had to pay them $860 dollars for a quick service that anyone with a non pro carpet washing equipment could have done a lot better... I am using my own experience as a reference, as I have seen in the past companies doing fantastic work with that.

My disappointment goes for the pricing model they have, the whole sale strategy that starts over the phone (making the appointment and quotation) up to the guy who cleans the house, who will also try to push some extras that are unclear on how much they would cost.

My conclusion: I will never more use their service and now I have $860 less dollars than before with a carpet that does not look professionally clean.

Kiwi Carpet Cleaningtotally disappointed

The driver showed up late with the excuse of "I ran out of gas and had to push my truck to the gas station." Brought in a pump up sprayer a grey dingy looking bonnet and a buffer. Made the statement that he would start in the master (the rear most room) sprayed the entire room with his sprayer (he had not vacuumed nor brought a vac. in the house) he said "I can't get these spots out." We replied then why are you here?" He said "I'll try one spot" He proceeded to smear one spot and proclaimed "see it won't come out" at that time I went to the kitchen and picked up a bottle of woolite carpet spray sprayed a similar spot and wiped it with a sponge it lifted spot. He still claimed he could do nothing with the carpet. At that time we asked him to discontinue service he replied "I'll call my foreman" At that time I called Kiwi to express my wish that this gentleman leave my house. The operator tells me that the driver is telling a completely different story (ya think?) The unprofessional service is one thing but if he is going to bold face lie about the series of events then I really did not want him in my house. My wife and I had moved furniture and electronics to accommodate this service where is our motivation to not to tell the events as they happened. I wanted the carpets cleaned that is why I called a service to do it. I ended up going to Lowes renting a carpet dr. and doing it myself. I have before and after pics to show results (all spots removed). Offering another crew (one man?) on another day was totally unacceptable what were supposed to do move furniture back and move again for service?

• Ju
                            Justjohnnyaz Apr 28, 2012

I have been cleaning carpet professionally for almost 30 years, and I wouldn't clean my carpets any other way then steam cleaning
                            Steam cleaning is also recommended by all major carpet makers with Kiwis cleaning method they never extract anything except with there initial vacuum, which you could do yourself! imagine your dog peeing on your carpet and all you do is vacuum it then buff some shampoo into and leave it there! would you like to lay on the carpet when there done! I honestly wouldn't clean my carpets this way for free! Im not presently affiliated with any type of carpet cleaning company at this time so Im not trying to sell steam over dry cleaning for any other reason that I don't want people ripped off! don't use the kiwi method

Kiwi Carpet Cleaningdon't be cheated

Don't call KIWI to clean your carpets if you live in Houston. They charged me over $350, and told me I could call for a follow-up cleaning at a greatly reduced price. My understanding was that I needed to call within one year to get the reduced price. When I called for a follow-up, a technician arrived with a completely different cleaning system. The first cleaning was done with the spinning white pads, and they did a good job. The follow up was a joke! The technician actually got big black stains on the stairs trying to move his steam cleaning machine. I don't know why they do not have a consistent system. When I called, they could not explain, just notified me that technician no longer works for them. Don't call KIWI. They do not stand behind their services. They don't tell you the facts when you sign up, and MOST IMPORTANT... the contracts do not specify the one year "warranty" they are so proud to sell. They do not stand behind their work, and I predict they will be out of business before very long.

Kiwi Carpet Cleaningrun away from this company

Having cleaned carpets professionally, I am ashamed of myself for not doing my homework on this one. In a nutshell, their method of cleaning carpets is almost funny. They spray a mist of "cleaner" with a squirt bottle on the carpet and then use a buffering pad called a bonnet that spins in circles to "extract" the dirt. That is the same train of thought as squirting cleaner on a soiled shirt and rubbing it in and calling the shirt clean. Thinking your shirt is clean using the method explained previously is akin to believing your carpets are cleaner after Kiwi Carpet Cleaning gives you the bill. Just looking at the physics, there is very little extraction if any taking place with the bonnet because the friction of the pad will cause the emulsified dirt to burro back into the carpet. If anything you are just pushing the dirt farther into the carpet which will leave the same smell once the perfumes evaporate. If you value your money and sanity at all, please do not walk but run away from this company.

JA Tomase Dec 11, 2010

Oh how I wish I had looked this company up before I called them. The first guy came out totally unprepared to clean the stairs: he did not have any solution mixed up, was trying to use a 1960's vacuum cleaner to vacuum stairs, had the nerve to tell me my little dustbuster was useless on the carpeted stairs (ya think), made a mess on the baseboards, stairwell walls and the bamboo wood floors where they meet the carpeting. He also missed some spots on the landings and the halls. When I called to complain, they offered to send another tech out to redo the stairs and offered me free teflon on the stairs. The second guy was a little more prepared, had a different smelling solution (actually green i think) but still did not have anything to vacuum stairs. Even tho they deny it, these are independent contractors, they are not employees. If they were, they would all be using the same equipment (vacuums, buffers, etc) and the same solution. DO NOT USE THEM, Stanley Steamer was a few dollars more and from experience would have done a much much better job.

• Ji
                                Jim in Texas Jul 13, 2010

I agree, Kiwi is a pathetic joke. The carpets looked a little better, but the high traffic areas looked about the same as before. The upshot is there is no way spinning a dingy gray pad over spritz of mist is going to clean carpet. It only grinds the dirt down deeper. The "citrus" odor was so strong that the next day I had to borrow my sister's Bissell wet vac to get it out. (The complaint manager admitted the solution "had been mixed too strong") I used only hot water, which was very dirty when I drained the machine. So much for the spinning little bonnet cleaning my carpet. I also had three pieces of furniture cleaned with the same mediocre results. The complaint manager offered to send the same two guys back that spent a total of two hours acting like they actually cleaned something, but we declined as we didn't want to make things any worse. Once again there is simply no way a spinning piece of dingy cloth is going clean anything. In the end this joke of a job cost us $667.00. What a ripoff!

Do yourself a favor and stay away from this extremely costly and useless service.

Kiwi Services — ripped off by kiwi services

We hired Kiwi Services to complete their Air Duct Cleaning service which includes: 1. (NOT DONE) Cleaning...

Kiwi Carpet Cleaning — kiwi is the most unprofessional company I know!

Kiwi is the MOST unprofessional company I know. They have lied and have not taken any responsibility for...