Kirby VacuumsKirby sales tactics solution

Okay, I have read many experiences of the Kirby sales tactics and here are my solutions

1. If you want one go on ebay and buy one, the older ones like the Sanitronic and The Classics are still good vacuums. And 2000 dollars for the Sentria? Try 800 on ebay.

2. If you already have a kirby just simply tell the salesperson you do

3. If that doesnt work say you've worked for the company before and you know what he/she is trying to do

4. If that doesnt work just simply tell them "If you do not vacate my property willingly I will call the authorities and have them do it for you"

• Ro
    Robin Mar 23, 2008

I bought a used kirby from a door to door sales person which was a big mistake. It doesn't pick up as good as my old vacuum from walmart. I paid 1000 dollars for this piece of crap. I feel that it should be illegal to do high pressure sales in that manner. They tell you they are going to clean your carpets for free and send out nice innocent looking girls to get you to say yes, then once the man comes in the door he won't leave and wont take no for an answer. It turns out his manager is sitting outside in the car waiting and if you dare say no he calls with a better offer. You finally say yes just to get him out of your living room. I was having a weak moment and gave in but I really didn't want to. It turns out my instincts were right I never should have opened the door. I am going to complain to the corporate office and I will send a report of my experience to the BBB. I am in San Diego. If anyone else has had this experience please let me know.

christina murphy Apr 26, 2008

I am an employee of the Kirby Company and have been for two years. I completly disagree. Unfortunately, there are consumers all over the world with horror stories from vacuums, to cars, ect. On behalf of the company I would like to apologize to all those who have had bad experiences. For 96 years we have worked off word of mouth advertising and if we were so horrible and our vacuums dont pick up dirt, do you really think we would still be in business? Not to mention that we have been around longer than any of these other brand names. I think not. In my two years of working for Kirby I have never come across a machine that does half of what the Kirby does. And it lasts longer that all the vacuums at wal-mart put t0gether. My biggest question is that if you bought a vacuum from us and you know it is under warranty then why dont you people bring it in to us if something is wrong and let us fix it for you instead of complaining about how it doesnt work. We are the only cleaning system on the market with a warranty like we have. Or maybe you guys are just cheapskates that bought one off e-bay and wonder why it doesnt work and why the Kirby company wont honor or fix an illegally sold system. My dad has had his Kirby 32 years and it works great. We have a 96% customer satisfaction rate and are a fortune 500 company. As an employee and a Kirby owner I am completely satisfied with the product and would never in my life use anything but a Kirby...

• Sy
    Syl Apr 28, 2008

I agree with the first comment, after finding out the REAL price for the vaccum i decided i didn't want it anymore.
    They wanted me to give my vacuum as a trade in which i'm glad i said NO.
    After sending the cancellation form within the 3 days grace period, i had to call the store to make sure they received it even though I sent it express delivery and received a confirmation from a post office.
    The girl who answered the phone refused to give me her name and said "The manager was out of town" and he was the only one allowed to check the mail.
    My thoughts were "This girl is full of crap!" but i decided to give them a couple of days just to give them the benefit of the doubt; waited almost a week, no one called me back.
    I called the store back and again the person who answer the phone refused to give me her name and said "ALL" the managers were in a meeting and someone will be contacting me soon, i tried to explain to her this was the second time contating them and that i had received a letter from the financial services telling me i was soon to received a payment book, she was rude and kept cutting me off, she said not to worry about it and then hanged up on me.
    I'm still angry for the way i was treated, so i decided to called the financial services to let them know I received their letter and I was not planning on paying for the vacuum, I explain to her the whole situation, after being asked many questions, I received the same response.. WE will call you back to let you know the status of the situation.
    STILL WAITING!
    No wonder consumers have lots of issues with this company, they tell you one price and then charge you differently, I was very naive to believe what they were telling me ;
    as soon as they left i made my own research and WHAT A DISSAPOINMENT! This Kirby worth $800 and they are selling it for $2000!!?? What a RIPOFF!!

• M
    m Jul 05, 2008

they sell it in Azerbaijan for $4500 can you believe it? And they lie that people actually buy it! someone with the monthly salary of $400 buy it and pay monthly for 3 years? I do not believe that people here in Az. will pay this much for a vacuum, maybe the very rich ones would.
    It is a rip off. I wish everyone kew the real price for the kirby. Buy the way I read comments and every time it is a different real price for it. in Wikipedia enciclopedia it says $175! Some say $300, some $800. Maybe those who sed to work for kirby before could say the real price??

• As
    Ashley Jul 23, 2008

Distributors buy them for 550 w/ income protection.

The side of the box is 1395

The lifetime warranty is really a lifetime rebuild warranty, but it totally worth it.

Buying off ebay is illegal. Kirby will not honor a thing on your 800$ efake sweeper.

If you pay cash they will sell it for 1000.

If you want one, you'd be wiser to cut a check or use your own credit card.

Their finance company (united) charges 23% interest.

It's damn near impossible for the salesman to make much a profit off of them.

They work their salesmen 80+ hours per week.

The salesman do not get lunch breaks, nor are allowed personal phone calls

The only time salesman can use the bathroom is in a customer's house.

They are fed empty promises of wealth.

Very few actually make it in the buisness.

They are forced to knock on doors passed 9pm.

I used to work for them and worked so much I never realized my 5mo old could roll over, until one night she rolled off my bed, face flat, onto the ceramic tile floor.

I only ate at best 1 meal per day, from 7 eleven. Then later found out I was pregnant, living off that.

I never even made enough to pay for my daughters weekly daycare.

You pay OOP for everything, it's a "tax write off" but I never filled out tax forms...

A coworker once had sex with a customer during his demo of the machine. Not just him, but he and his manager. Though, it was consentual.

The way they treat employees is inhumane, the way they treat some customers is down right dirty.

BUT they are the best darn vacuums on the market. even my 11yr old g4 is still amazing.

Sara Jul 28, 2008

I just left Kirby company two days ago and i must say that's one of the best decisions i've ever made.

Saw Ad on Craigslist for $2000 a month guranteed customer service position

Interviewed next day.Accepted on that evening. Excited to go to the training the next day.

1st day training, saw the demo. Told appointments are pre-made. Told about $250 commission per unit sold. Told to sell at $2700 per unit.

2nd day training. Hands on experience to demo the parts. Practice. Found out no taxes needed to be filed. Promised lots of income. PROMISED PROMOTION WITHIN 60 DAYS.

Day3. Told to bring a unit home.Demo in front of family and friends. Told to call "supervisor" . Make $1000 per unit sold in commission. SAW THE $1300+ MSRP price tag at the side of the box and began to doubt. ASKED THE MANAGER ABOUT THE HIGH MARKUP. Company insisted they bought at $1300. Left the training place immediately.

I feel bad for those people in my class who are really looking forward to sell some of this stuff, not knowing the real truths. Oh by the way the distributor in my area makes enough money to buy a home next to a superstar with all the tricked out mansion and a private jet. I hope they can sleep at night.

• Ry
    Ryan Aug 06, 2008

Well i dont know what happens over in america with the selling of the kirbys but in the UK you always have a basic salary to fall on if you dont sell, which is £1200 GBP. Which in dollars at the moment would be approximately $2400, If you make more than this in sales you therefore get that salary instead. So everything is good for me because i would never wrk on a commision only wage.

• Br
    Bryce Aug 19, 2008

I also was told that i can make $1600 a month $400 a week if you do 15 show/demos but they didnt tell u that their is no way to get the 15demos in a week.when u are knocking on doors maybe 1 out of 15+ houses let u in.I left my house at 7:45am and didnt get home most nites untill 1:30am-2:30am if it was an early nite.. i sold one kirby and made $100.00 in 3 weeks ... so now i owe all my monthly bills...

and the Factory distribuitors i think buy the kirbys for $350-375.oo U.S money and they sell for between 2, 199-1, 100ish so the salesman can make only between-$50-$600ish for top and lowest.so if you are a single guy or have a big bank account and can afford not to get a pay check for atleast min 2 or 3 weeks on avg than Good luck with kirby but if u have no bank account and have kids/wife dont do it if u think your crappy job now give u stress try coming home at end of the week with no check and see how it go...but the vaccumes are the best in the buisness

• Du
    DUSTIN LARA Aug 23, 2008

Ive been working for Kirby for two years. It is the best decision I ever made. I make about twelve hundred a week and I wouldnt do anything else. kirby makes the best machines on the planet bar none. if your buying them online this is illegal, plus its used. people have no basis for complaint. also if you do get it for less than two grand your getting one heck of a deal. count yourself lucky. Furthermore the kirby will ultimately save you far more than the $2, 300 PRICETAG.

• Je
    Jesse Orcutt Aug 28, 2008

hey i only worked for kirby one day and i was very excited. My manager and the main boss kept telling us how much money we would make. My boss who currently is in Orem named Roger said he has a multi-million dollar house one of the biggest in his neighborhood he said he drives nice cars and loved selling kirbys but he was 65 yrs. old so if he was so rich why didn't he just quit selling them right? My manager said he was loaded also like he was wearing a $7, 000 watch but if this is such a good oppurtunity why don't people stick around? I mean i trained with 9 people if this job was so good why would they need so many. So if your just starting do what i did and get the hell out.

• Ph
    phil harden Oct 13, 2008

i have been a kirby distributor for 20 yrs.as instructed by the kirby co. i never offer a pay program that is not attainable.whenrecruiting i only invite people to come aboard that i feel have the basic people skills to sell our product.when they first start out we explain to them inorder to make a decent check they need to put in alot of time until they develop their selling skills.most will develop those skills within that 30 days.thebiggest problem isee with new recruits is they give up before they get good enough to make good money.any one who goes thru3 or 4days of training and then quits within the first week alot of times is the kind of person who probably fails at most things.people that stay with the co.in some cases eventally rise toa position that gives them a 6 figure income.

• Pa
    Pat Thomson Nov 07, 2008

I have been working for kirby for 6 months i am from australia the kirby retails at $4000, average full price saleis $3800 for basic package, most people pay this as the machine saves an average of 50000 grand per every 10 years if you take everything into account . i get paid between $1000 and $2500 a week as i sell multiple machines a week as for health concerns and cleanliness concerns the customers know they need it and we work out a finance option to suit their budjet. if they do not pass credit or do not pass average sales requirement we will not allow a finance option as customer cant afford it . unless they pay cash or credit with proof that wont affect their state of living. As dysons are the best vacuum you can buy on a retail market and are sold between $800 and $2200 and have a lifetime of 3-5 yrs with a 1 year optional warranty i can see the worth in anyone buying the kirby as the dyson vacuum cleaner is about as useful as sweeping your carpet. Just if you want to know i have been a canvasser, a dealer, and a team leader. i actually recently demoted myself back to dealer. if any new kirby dealer has any questions please e-mail me at [protected]@hotmail.com.

marie Nov 07, 2008

i worked for kirby for 6 years and loved every minute of it, kirby is the best product around on the market and always sold lots of them . it was not my choice to leave kirby i always worked dilgently and efficiently however the distrubuter in acsot vale victoria didnt do the right thing by me, i was working in the country (warrnoobool) anyhow i had too go home early from the monthly long trip and has a family issue that needed my urgent attention and got fired for going home early .go figure . i was dps, contoller, team leader, and dealer who had promise of being a TD early next year, i loved the kirby opptunity .
    i still want to open a kirby office even though i have been offered a good job and doing study by cooerspondance, i would give that up because i believe in the opptunity .if there any kirby offices out there who want a excellent kirby person then send me a email. thanks

• El
    Elchin Nov 15, 2008

hello, i live in azerbaijan, we have house, and we need this kirby, and we found it in azerbaijan, but price 5000$, i am not believe, could you advice me, what should i do, i can pay 800$ cash.

Anthony Nov 19, 2008

I have to say I have been working for Kirby for about 2 years now. I am 21 years old and making more money thatn my mother who went to college for 8 years. I never lie to a customer and I dont try to push myself on them. I am upfront about everything from the beginning. I tell them what exactly I'm going to do and that there is no obligation for them to buy anything. You would be amazed at how many people are receptive towards honesty. I sale an avredge of 6 vacuumes a week and have gone to the bahamas won many cool prozes and so on. Kirby treats their employees right and its not just off comission here. I am guaranteed a $500 check every week regardless of if I sale something or not. Bad week, still have 500, good week maybe more. All I can say is that if you dont like the Kirby then you dont like a clean home. Its a small group of people who is giving kirby a "bad" name. Thats with any buisness. Go to a used car dealer and see if you dont get "pushed". yet you still go and the go to others. Look at the big picture and stop complaining.

sam Nov 26, 2008

My partner and i worked in the kirby company for 4mths, having family and friends saying that its got to be a scam don't work there. We ignored everyone and went ahead working there anyway, not knowing what we were up for. We were told all theses good things, bonuses, up grades, big money (NEVER SEEN A CENT!), we were never payed for our long, hard and tiring work. We started early and didn't finish until midnight. We were told that we had to go on a work trip to dubbo, one of there so called most top selling places (LOAD OF CRAP!) never got a cent when we were down there.
    Still waiting for our money, and we will not give up till we get it!
    To all thoses who dont want to fall for a stupid advertisement make sure you research there background first.

Your's truly someone who got scamed.
    sam.

• Ga
    gazza101 Feb 01, 2009

hi everyone i recently left kirbys in long eaton in derby after only 12 days of working for them, i was promised a basic of £1200 a month plus a commission of £300 a sale plus a petrol allowonce of £100 per week, wot a LOAD OR CRAP !!! after paying for my petrol out my own pocket and showed reciepts, asked the company for wot they owed me got told that i hadnt done enough sales and wasnt entitled to anything, so i decided to keep the hoover until im paid wot im owed is this okay to do ?

Kirby man Jun 01, 2009

Kirbg and their authorized dealers is a pure sales opportunity. Indeed if you don't have any sales experience, the Kirby opportunity might just be the ticket for you. But you have to be honest with yourself. If you aren't a salesman, or not inclined to sell, or have an interest in selling you are wasting your time as well as the time of the people attempting to teach you.
    I have sold many, many, machines and can personally attest that there is NOTHING in the world that can compare to it for picking up dirt in your home. Nothing.
    It is encumbent upon YOU to determine how you are paid, when you are paid, and what you need to do to get paid. I've never been dissapointed to receive my pay when it was promised to me.
    Do you think that anyone is going to pay you for not selling anything? Even the 60 demonstrations that you are required to perform to get your salary is designed so that even an imbecile with no sales ability can market these machines. Having said that, should you get no sales after those 60 demos, you get paid 100% of what was promised. Why? because it's impossible to NOT to sell driving those sales attempts, impossible.
    I recommend that instead of complaining about the process, buy into it and learn how to sell. Why quit your first week and then grouse about the opportunity? You didn't have any particular skill when they hired you, but they gave you an opportunity with a plan for success. At the end of 30 days you'll KNOW how to sell AND have a chunk of change in your pocket.
    It is a fantastic opportunity, especially in this hard economic environment. Might not seem so to the casual observer, but these machines are flying off shelves into peoples' homes. It's due to the superior cleaning aspects of the machine. It's something that delivers on it's promise.
    It's something that if you didn't see for yourself, you wouldn't believe. That's why they are only sold (legally) through home demonstations.
    The greatest tragedy is a sweeper sold through big box stores or through million-dollar ad campaigns on television for a piece of crap machine.
    When you match what you've bought at the box store or through some online pitch to the Kirby, THAT'S when you know you've been had.
    The Kirby is an All American machine that fulfills it's promise as the best machine of it's type in the world. I challenge anyone's sweeper against this machine. The Kirby will destroy it. Not compete; destroy.

• Ye
    YEAHH Jun 19, 2009

### that. I've been working for the past week and a half as a canvasser and it is the hardest thing I've done in my life. I wake up at 9am and go to work at 10:30pm. I get home around 9:30pm and haven't made a freakin' cent, though this week (Today is Thursday.) I've knocked 5 people in. idk. I haven't decided if I want to stick, it's hard work..BUT I will tell you. A Kirby REALLY is the best investment you'll ever make. Those vacuums are worth it. People are just closed minded. I'm in Texas, it's humid and 97 degrees outside. It's hard work, but if you can make it work...you've got an awesome job.

• Kn
    Kniguh Jul 15, 2009

### kirby

### solicitors

last time they tried to come to my house the guy and his manager actually came inside soon as my wife opened the door and started taking their equipment out and demonstrating to her.

They asked where I was and said it was good I wasn't home so that they could show her the vacuum without my pressuring them to leave over $

Little did they know I was around the corner listening to every word; last thing they saw was the business end of my revolver, they ran out pretty quick. YEAHHH BOI!

• Kn
    Kniguh Jul 15, 2009

what up now mofos

Kirby Killer Jul 23, 2009

ANYONE IN SO CAL WHO HAS BEEN BENT OVER BY KIRBY'S 3 DAY RETURN POLICY CONTACT ME AT:

[protected]@GMAIL.COM

I was not informed of their 3 day policy and when I called 2 days after purchase, the phone number DID NOT WORK! When I finally got a hold of someone after the 3 day period at the Rancho Cucamonga sales office, I was treated rudely and with disrespect. The owner of the office refuses to return my phone calls. If that isn't pulling a fast one on someone I don't know what is. LETS ORGANIZE TO SHOW THEM WE WON'T BE TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF!

• Mo
    MOUSEMAN Aug 28, 2009

Kirby is ###ing worthless as a job. First of all the ad in the newspaper said factories inc. not Kirby vacuums not even Riverland Development which is their name on the outside of their building. So I show up and saw where it was in a tiny building I thought I was in the wrong place I was just a college kid looking for a summer job in a factory, so I go in and they tell me that I’m at the right place and when I try asking what the job is the woman their just gives me a paper to fill out. So I feel it out still having no clue what the job is and then the guy who owns the company who is what they call a “dealer” takes me to his office and just talks the entire time. He doesn’t tell me what the job is or ask me any real questions besides stuff do you like making money and do you like working when you want to, hmmm… no [censored] I like working I’ll do it for free… stupid ###! Now that’s what I wanted to say but of course I didn’t because my parents raised me right and I was respecting this man who if I would of know what he was really doing at the time I would of just left. So the interview gets over and he says I’ll give you a call tonight around 7 and let you know if you get the job or not. Well 7 comes around and their where a lot of names on the list when I signed in so I think, ok their where a lot of people he has to call so ill give him an hour before I go out and start my night. He doesn’t call so I figure ok I didn’t get the job so I go out and at 10 my phone rings it him and he tells me that he’s sorry that he called me so late he just had to call a bunch of the other people on the list before he go to my name and that there is a three day training pried before we start and he tell me when and he says ok I’ll see you then and hangs up… before I can ask him what the job is. Are you seeing a pattern her? Now you would think that you would call the people that you are going to hire first but I guess not maybe that’s just me. So I show up and theirs about 15 other people there and the room is just empty besides chairs and some posters and some stuff in one corner. There is nothing that says Kirby anywhere! Then the guy comes in and just talks to us for about 2 hrs before he even starts to hint of what the job is. Once he does bring the vacuum out one guy just gets up and walks out he was an older man… a smarter man. Even once he does bring out the vacuum he doesn’t even touch it for the entire time it just sets there. We were in their for 8 hrs. the rest of the time he just talks to us about how much money we can make, [which is the biggest part of this ###ing scam] and tells us about the trips we can go on. If you have kids or are young enough to remember school fundraisers, this is what I compare Kirby to. They get you so hipped up on all this money we can make and all these trips you can go on you forget what you here for. I was there for a summer job to make money I completely forgot that. Well this gets me and most of the rest of the people to come back the next day. Day two comes around and the entire time it is one big demo. We the apparent feature salesmen of this product still don’t touch it, and there is only one day left. But by the end of this guys demo I was ready to sell my sole for this thing because he is that good; he is that good of a scam artist. So day three gets here and we mess with it do a demo blah blah blah and then at the end he tells us that we have to do at least 5 demos before we can start on Monday and tell us we should do them with people we are conferrable with like friends and family. Pretty people that will want to give us a chance and encourage us so they buy one just to boost our confidence even if they can’t really afford it. One guy that was in there with me sold 5 during this, I saw him the other day he didn’t sell another one and quit after 2 weeks I don’t have a clue how he lasted that long. So I schedule my demos with people and don’t sell any. Go in on Monday at 9 and he decides to put me on this thing call a van crew with 2 other new guys and 2 so called experienced guys and drives us to a small as town and starts dropping us of on different streets and tells us to walk the streets and try to get “knocked into houses”. Some of the houses in this town that we had to go up to looked like the dam vacuum price are more than the house coasts… [censored]es yet again. So I get into 3 houses that day and all of them where little old ladies that I have way begged to let me in. I felt like a ###ing peace of ###. The last lady that let me in only let me in because I told her that I was going to quit once I got back. We had been out there since 10 it was 8 and there was an hr drive back. On the way back {we got back at 11} I did the math in my head and I’ll do it for you 13 hrs a day for 6 days that’s 78 hrs. We would get paid 375 for 13 knock in and 525 for 15 but if we only did 12 they didn’t owe us a thing. So say we do get 15 knock in that’s 6.73 an hr... However we would get commission if we sold some bout it wouldn’t get added on so we would have to make at least two a week before we could get more. So let’s say we sold one in five id say for something that costs 2800 retail that’s pretty good. So that’s 290 each so 870. And 290 is the most we could make if we sold it for less than 2800 we would make less that actually sounds fair to me. So that’s 11.15 and hr only if you sold at least 3 in a week. The math shows it this job ###ing blows. I quit when I got back and gave my boss a big ### you. I can’t remember my bosses name or I would put it on her because he is such a good scam artist that he would problem acutely try to use this in one of his seminars for new recruits. ### YOU MR.BOSS no ###ing wonder they don’t want to put KIRBY VACUUM on the outside of their building someone would most likely never get anybody in for the interviews it is also kinda funny that they do have a store that’s sells Kirby’s but they are about 10 miles down the road and I’m sure nobody their even knows about this place called RIVERLAND DEVELOPMENTS

• Ju
    ju-stin Aug 30, 2009

first off the kirby business is just like any sales business. you arent going to make big commission checks when you first start. when a new dealer first starts they are pretty much like the kid in grade school trying to sell chocolates for their school. this job really isnt a rip off, you are an independant contractor here, as an independant contractor you are supposed to put up the money for all your supplies, and yes that includes the vacuum. but the company gives you all your supplies free of charge, and doesnt start actually charging you for them until you have made a bit of money and you can afford the cost i.e. area dist. and as far as buying kirbys on ebay, there is no warranty with those, just because kirbys are only authorized for sale followng in-home demonstration, and that serial number still matches up to the original owner, so really its kind of like buying a gun registered to someone else.

• Ra
    raindance Sep 10, 2009

I have just started working for Kirby still in the training and they have reassured me that the appointments are pre-set appointments and that I WILL get paid even if I don't make sales. And that I will be paid once a week. And they seem like they are really telling the honest truth but all these horror stories have me terrified!! I have no job right now and am about to be out on the street along with two other people that are depending on me to come up with rent by the end of the month. can someone, ANYONE! please give me a glimmer of hope? I was told that the money we are "promised" is not just for selling it is a salary that is paid basically because we are providing advertisement for the company via word of mouth, and that every thing we do sell is an additional $200 on top of that but that we are guaranteed a certain amount. I am soo soo scared can someone please give me a straight forward honest answer that is not just bashing? Am I going to get paid?

• Se
    Seasoned1 Sep 22, 2009

If you believe you will do well then you will and if you believe you will not do well you won't. Whatever you believe you’re right. I started Kirby the same way most people did and that’s by a blind ad in the paper. The interview was also blind. But here is how I see it. I was in a classroom of about 40 people most of which were skeptical. I looked around and thought you know I don't know anybody here before the interview nor do I care about these people here. What I really care about is to be able to pay my bills on time and have an opportunity greater than your average job. What I noticed is that everybody in the classroom was too concerned with the guaranteed pay structure for in-home presentations. What a joke!!! I would not even do this for that amount of money. I would rather be a parking lot attendant. You know maybe I'm too smart but I looked at Kirby not for the guaranteed paycheck but rather at the much larger picture of compensation for units sold. I was told by my Trainer that I should shoot for 15+ sales a month to start and get my medallion pin. Well first I looked at the product it’s been around for over 80 years and needs to be demonstrated in order to sell because it does so much and the opportunity is real for those who work smart. So in short I started to work in the Kirby business. My first month I sold only 4 Kirby's learning how to sell Kirby's and have a good presentation. Let me tell you that was not a lot of money, I would have made more babysitting. And also everybody in my class all quit. But I continued on and my second month in the Kirby business I sold a whopping 27 Kirby's. Not only did I receive my 15+ medallion but also my 24+tab. I was compensated more than anybody I knew and in the next six months I had received my 5 Diamond Medallion for having over 5 months of 15+ sales. Oh by the way I had a top month of 34 sales. I knocked doors honestly. I told people that I sell Kirby systems and just to take a look I will shampoo a whole room of their choice free of charge for their time and if they like the system they wouldn't have to twist my arm to sell it to them. Whether or not I sold the Kirby the customer always got the free carpet shampoo I promised and I did the best shampoo ever. You know we all live on a ball of dirt called EARTH and Kirby's will always be here. The easiest way to sell Kirby’s is to take a brand new Kirby into someone’s home and pull dirt lots of dirt. That’s what sells Kirby’s. So if you’re thinking of quitting Kirby or your not too sure about selling or getting paid then do yourself, your trainer, and your family, spouse, or friends a favor and quit today. But if you believe deep down inside that you can sell a fantastic product honestly then don't listen or even hang around the negative people because they will always give you all the reasons why it can't be done. I started Kirby at age 19 in the year of 1984 (I sold Heritage Kirby's) and left Kirby in 2002 when we were (selling G-6 Kirby’s). Today I enjoy life to its fullest Thanks to the Kirby business.

• Se
    Sewok15 Oct 08, 2009

This last guy tells it like it is. You can make good money doing this job but the only way to do it is to be honest with the customers. I worked for a guy who would lie to the customers non-stop. He would say we were college students and we get credit for school to get in the door. He would then tell them that it would only take 15 or 20 minutes just to give them a free carpet shampoo when it is more like 2 hours. Now any person with a brain knows once you lie to someone and they know it you are not going to sell them a 1700 dollar vacuum. If you would take time to get good leads instead of forcing your way into peoples homes you could make much more money instead of just wasting your time. My first day on the job we sat outside a home for two hours waiting to be picked up by our boss. Finally he comes and gets us and says that the van broke down. Once he realized that one of my co-workers house keys were in the van he had to tell us the truth and that was that our van was IMPOUNDED. He refused to tell us why the van was impounded because it was "too negative" and he wanted to keep it positive. If I'm going to be stranded somewhere for 2 hours I deserve to know what is going on.

The best thing about Kirby was also the worst thing about it in my situation and I will explain. My boss was a 21 year old kid who dropped out of high school in 9th grade. He started working with Kirby as an 18 year old and made around 50, 000 a year because he was a pretty good salesman. I'm sure he didn't use ethical tactics but he was making good money. Now once he was with the company a few years he decided to become a distributor on his own. His old boss gets a 50, 000 dollar bonus if he promotes 3 of his workers to become distributors. So now this guy who works in marketing and literally spelled market *markit* during training is in charge of teaching all these other people how to sell these machines. He wants to make more money to pay for the investment he just made by starting his own distrubution center. He now tells all his workers just ### the customers into getting one and if that doesn't work call me and I will ### them into getting one. So he is all but forcing us to lie to these people and the sad thing is you shouldn't have to lie because the product is that good that people will want to buy it on its own merit. The bottom line is you can make money doing this but if you are working for someone like I was is it really worth it?

• Sh
    Sharon1987 Oct 13, 2009

I think any one who has anything bad to say about kirby's are full of it. Sorry but it's true if you bought one illegally it's your fault, if you didnt want one and couldnt aford it but coulnt say no than it's your fault. Take responsibility for your own actions. The kirby is the most amazing thing i have ever seen it is the only way to wash your furniture and it sucessfully take out all the dust mites, old skin and dust mites eggs of your beds witch in term makes it healthier for you kids to sleep on. With that said after cleaning your beds it has been proven to lighten up you and your childrens asthma symptoms. I think everyone in the worl should have a Kirby. Think about it how many vacuums will you buy throughtout a lifetime?, how much do you think that will cost you and your family but with a Kirby you get a lifetime warranty. It has so many atachments to clean places you probably didnt even think about cleaning before bottom line is there amazing and you need to get one.

• Mi
    Michael971 Oct 28, 2009

KIrby treats its sales people as independent dealers which means they are self-employed and have to pay both halves of their SS and medicare withholding.
    The IRS has a definition of who is an employee and who is an independent contractor in IRS publication 15-A.

If anyone has worked for Kirby in the past they download IRS form SS-8 and submit it to the IRS. If the IRS determines the sales person should have been classified as an employee then the Kirby distributor should have been paying for half of the SS and medicare withhholding and unemployment tax and worker's comp for the sales person.

The sales person can then file an amended return for the year when he was working for Kirby and get more money back.
    Kirby screws the people who work for them and they should be entitled to get their fair rights.

• Br
    britt23 Dec 08, 2009

i work for kirby and have for awhile now, and it is the best company i have ever worked for. it's funny to me how everybody is bashing the business, yet we are the only company growing and giving promotions despite the economy now.

Christine1118 Dec 09, 2009

Sorry guys. I believe anyone who is saying anything good about this company is being paid off to do so. IT IS A SCAM. Do not work for this company. The only thing about kirby that is true is that they make good vaccuums. They treat their employees like crap. They play mind games in these training sessions. I have just been in contact with the labor board and found out that what they are doing is illegal in my state. I also made other phone calls and found out that lots of things that theyre doing in my area are against the law. Never Ever Fall For This SCAM!

• Yo
    younggranny Jan 20, 2010

Hello, my name is Stacy and on 19 Jan, 10 Mr. Davis came to my mothers house in Mansfield, Ohio with his demonstrator. He introduced himself and her as well. He then left her to present her kirby product. This female was friendly, humerous and courtious while demonstrating this product . I was very close to buying this expensive item and can certainly afford it, until Mr. Davis returned and literally tried to bully me into buying it. Upon experiencing this mans foul attitude and verbal attack, I put his foul ### out of my sick mothers house. I hate that this young lady after doing an excellent job of presenting and representing not only herself, your product and your company only to have the sale vanish because this man had me so ready to kick him in his ### so hard, that he could have threw up my shoe leather until at least 2020. If this is the kind of aggressive tactics that you teach your lead personell then I can clearly see your company either being severly sued or some truly pissed off customer on his private property beating the living hell clean out of one of these people because Mr. Davis came extremely close last night. P.S. These people should have the good sense not to ### with people while inside of their homes because at the point when you are asked to leave and you don't, YOU ARE TRESPASSING and if you stand there and talk ### to them where they pay all of the bills with their hard earned money, YOU SHOULD GET YOUE ### THUROUGHLY BEATEN. If for no other reason than your own collossel stupidity!!!

• Sc
    Scammed by Kirby Feb 15, 2010

Kirby is a rip off and not worth the cost. The salespeople will not take NO for a answer. The guy who sold me my kirby seemed like he was high on speed. They tried to talk me into paying $250 a month. I quickly turned that down. Then they kept lowering the price and would not leave. I was scared and my husband was away because of his job. I ended up signing the contract just to get them to leave. I wish I would have called the cops but I was honestly scared and had 2 guys in my house and my young daughter. I ended up paying $50 a month and I looked over the contract really well but I honestly think it was changed and I ended up paying about $1500 for a vacuum. Their is no way that I would pay that much. This was 3 years ago that I got the Kirby and it was the biggest waste of money. I was expecting a free carpet clean without all the Kirby B.S. I would NEVER BUY A KIRBY EVER AGAIN!. And would so love to sell the Kirby that I have but I can't bring myself to have someone pay me for this peice of junk. I would feel like I would be ripping the buyer off if I sold this vacuum to a person.

If I had to do it all over again I would of let them clean my carpet and then made them get out soon after finishing. All the positive comments on here I think are scammers also. How could anyone work for a company that rips people off. Im just sad that my money has worked in keeping this company going. Im sure I will encounter Kirby sales people again and Im fully prepared to kick them out after they clean my carpet. I have stopped using my Kirby about a month ago and have since purchased a Bissell for $150 and it has picked up all the dirt and dust and pet hair that the kirby left behind! Their are better vacuums that are cheaper then the Kirby but does the same job if not better. Buy a Dyson or a Bissell but DO NOT BUY A KIRBY!!!.

If someone comes to your door offering to clean you carpet for free slam the door in there face or let them clean your carpet and brace yourself for the struggle of getting them to leave your house. DO NOT BUY A KIRBY EVER!

• Lo
    Local316ninja Feb 20, 2010

Alot Of Kirby Salesmen Are Good People Honest And HArdworking, But Some Will Push In And Wont Leave Also Steal From Customers I Worked At C.P.K "Central Plains Kirby" Wichita KS, For 4 Days And Quit After I Saw My Team Leader Steal A Silver Coin From A Customer... She Got Cought And Blamed It On Me!!! Crazy B***ch

Just Remember "Sarah C.P.K Representative She might Steal Your Stuff...

The Only Thing I Disagree With Is The People Who Work For Them Half Of Them Are Cool Honest And A True Good Salesman...
    The Rest Are Scamming Duche Bags Out To Make A Quick Buck By Profiling You..Below At The Bottom Of This Post Is A LInk I Posted Of A Photo Copy Of A Commission Sales Sheet They Gave Me The First Day...

I Would Have Been A Good Salesmen But With Those Few [censored] Team Leader People Setting Things Up I Wouldnt Be Able To.. Their Methods Are [censored]ed Up...

Kirby Sales Commission/Comission

Tinypic Scan

• Lo
    Local316ninja Feb 20, 2010

KIRBY SENTRIA SALES COMMISSION SCAN
    (http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=muhqac&s=6)
    Scanned It Day After They Hired Me Thought I Would Make It Available For Everyone

I Worked At (C.P.K. "Central Plains Kirby") Wichita, Ks, For Four Days And Then Saw That Most Of The Team Leaders Are Scam Artist Who Just Scratch By So I QUIT!!!... Although Some Of Them Are Hard Working Honest People...

The Ugly ### Homely Woman Team Leader I Was With Stole A Silver Coin From A Customer Got Caught And Blamed It On Me!!! Crazy B****CH!! Just Remember (C.P.K. Representative/Team Leader Sarah She Is Homely, Fat, And Has Messed Up Teeth)

She Will Try To Steal From You If She Can What A Bi**ch!!...

I Thought It Would Work For Me I Could Have Done It But... Half The Team Leaders Are Pushy Jerk Offs Who Are Trying To Scam Folks Into Buying Something They Just Cant Afford, Dont Get Me Wrong "Kirby Vacuums" Are The Best Out There But You Do Not Sell Things By Pushing Them So Hard...

Comments

• De
    destructor Feb 27, 2010

You know everyone is right. The Kirby its self is a great machine, but the people who sale it are conartists. I mean the lies that most of them tell to get into the door and then about how long the presentation takes and then down to what they can sell it for. I mean considering they only pay between $200 and $300 to get it from the factory how can they in good concious charge 1, 000's of dollars for the machine. So people beware and choose what you will pay for the machine. And make sure everyone you know knows this as well

• Bi
    BigRuss Mar 16, 2010

I Love The Kirby Company & Kirby Vacuums.
    Yes, I sold for them a few years ago and I am
    going back to sell once again... in two
    weeks from now.

I will also be opening up my own Dealership
    as soon as I am given the go-ahead and prove
    myself through my selling Kirby's
    successfully.

Here's to SUCCESS in EVERY way.
    Thank you GOD.

• Co
    Complkirby Mar 26, 2010

kirby will tell you statistics with no actual proof!!! Y becuase they are full of ###!!! its a good vaccum get it on ebay its way cheaper. never work there unless you wanna work all the time with little chance of making good money(some people do)and ripping off people/someones grandma. I worked there for a week and could not deal with the deception. They get you to work there the same way they talk people into buying a vaccum when they tell you "free carpet cleaning" its all ###!!! ### Kirby and any one who partakes in there ###!!! Go to hell kirby!!! If you see an add that say "Carpet Cleaner Hiring" or anything like that its a trick!!! They will not pay you what they say!!!

• Il
    I LOVELIRKBY Apr 02, 2010

Kirby is for everyone, but NOT EVERYONE IS FOR KIRBY. There are distrubituors and agents out there that give us a bad name, but don't blame the Kirby Company for it, blame those individuals. There are many great distributorships that do the right thing and I'm fortunate to be apart of one. I have been working for Kirby for 6 months now and I have recently become a manager. When I started Kirby I made $200 in my first 3 weeks, but I expected that because I wanted to learn and I knew when I'm great at it the cash will come. The next month I sold 16 machines and earned $3750. In my distributorship, If you don't make money but you work hard you are recognised for it and paid for it anyway (even though you didn't make the company any money). Once you have the skills to sell, the ability to teach others and lead them, you get promoted and recgonised, and the longer you stay and learn the more money you make. You also get to go on fabulous trips around the world a few times a year, which are all expenses paid and very well organised, with amazing pre-planned activites.

kirbyguy123 Aug 11, 2010

I have worked for the kirby company in Indiana for a couple of years now but i have visited offices all over the counrty. From what i have seen in my experiences there are alot of bad sales people and distributors out there who force people to high pressure sell the equipment. Fortunately for me my office is ran by a very good distributor. One thing you have to understand is the pay scale most distibutors put their sales people on isnt fair. So it forces them to have to sell harder and be more forceful. i;ve seen a kirby sell for 2000 and the salesman make $50!!! That is just crazy. If i sold one for that much i wouldn't have to work for a week. The problem is that the distributor keeps his or her sales people hungry for money and overworked. Dave wallace of nashville TN is a prime example of this. This fatso encourages people to lie to sell kirby's. I don't know but i have never sold a kirby to someone who was not completely satisfied with their purchased. Kirby vacuums are a terrific investment for your home as they will always pay for themselves and save tons of money and last forever. I donot agree with what some of these people are doing. as a matter f fact i would be just as angry. but there are many of us who do not high pressure and lie. don't let a few bad apples spoil the bunch. Most of us are good hard-working people. And whoever says that their wal-mart vac can outclean a kirby you are lying and you know it!!