Complaints & Reviews

horrible business

On a fixed income? KLC doesn't accommodate the parents at all. Per corporate they have up to 90 days to can cash multiple checks and will do it all at once and if you have delinquent balance in your accounts, it's your fault you don't have enough money in the bank. I do NOT recommend KLC. Horrible!!!

KLC closes the daycare for full day training for their staff, why, it's not a holiday or an observance. The training days should not be scheduled in the middle of the week to inconvenience the parents. It should be on the weekends or at night. Horrible!!

• Ti
    Tired_of_Stupid Dec 28, 2009

If you subtracted the check amount from your register when you wrote it, why wouldn't the money be in your account when they cashed it later? That doesn't make any sense at all.

• St
    StupidHurts Dec 29, 2009

If you wrote multiple checks and they didnt cash them...why would you spend the money you had to cover the check? Did you think you just had free money lying around? I have been reading many checking account complaints...smh...so many people think if you dont cash my check RIGHT NOW, I can spend the money. It doesnt work like that be responsible and keep track of your own money.

• Ha
    Hardworker2010 Jan 29, 2010

Sure...just what I want to do after taking care of your kid for 40+ hours a week...attend a weekend training! lol

stole my money

Kindercare, St. Charles Road, Lombard, IL. Made me pay $35 for a Thanksgiving week "program"...

child care

I have never in my life been more disappointed with a day care facility in my life. I have two daughters (six...

terrible day care

This is the worst place to allow your child to go, this was the ONLY day care that ABANDONDED all the...

childcare

My kids have constantly been sick since day1. The facility isnt very clean and smells. All the teachers say " they would NEVER NEVER put their child there" which makes me fell worst! The turn over in staff is enormous your child has no consistency with familar faces not to mention new germs to get immuned to. The menu is TERRIBLE!!! My child comes home plenty of days starved without being offered any alternatives. Another parent said her infant want fed tuna on buttered toasted bread. I was told they werent alternates. The staff isnt polite, no manners, noone greets you with a "good am/pm". My children constantly come home with urinated clothes without any assistance to the bathroom for proper skincare/hygiene or many incidents of noone taking them or too lazy to take them. I never recieve individual feedback on my kids educational concerns or progress;an outdated board is periodically changed with a new lesson. On field trip days the kids wear shirts that arent specifically designated for them, it was not informed by parents that they are worn, nor being sent home, and washed theyre kept at the center. Afterschool ages are not assisted with homework or encouraged with academics. It consists of minial crafts and a lot of, "do what you want time". The facilty has been provided a "clueless" subsitute director for months. Other parents whose preK kids went off to K5 were below average in their class. The assistant director sent a resignition letter home to parents the day before.

• Be
    Beware/childcare Aug 13, 2009

Kindercare is too big. They can not hire the best teachers because of the low pay scale. It is hard to keep a good center director because they are asked to do so much. Kindercare talks of being professional, but hhye do not give the center director the tools to be professional. The payroll is so tight that assistants are in the classroom more than in the office. The center director is cooking and or on a bus run. The center director does not get in the classroom enough because they are so busy to train and supervise the staff.

If you do not get a solution to your problem call licensing over and over until you do.

ChoclateMilf Aug 31, 2009

I agree my daughter attended Kindercare back in 2007 the director was really unfriendly and the stafff turnover was very unerving...My experience was that the director always had a problem with my check payments which caused interruption in my job saying that her tuition was never payed...Im so glad I got her out of there...

Chaska Nov 13, 2009

The Director of the Shannon Park Kindercare in Rosemount Minnesota 2009 is the most horrible woman I have even seen. She lets her employees working benieth her put soiled clothes in the kids back-pacs without informing the parent. She breaks all kinds of health code laws. The center is always filthy looking and the kids are let to run around without anyone making sure they washed. This very bad director of Shannon Parkway Kindercare even as much as raises her voice with even the parents who are comming in late from snow emergencies. Imagine what she is allowing to happen to all those children she is supposed to be talking care of! Never will any children of mine go to a place so emotionally destructive, unclean, neglectful, and disgusting. My instincts and expieriences along with another mother pulling her kid from the center because they were doing the same to her child (plus not feeding her properly) is enough hopfully to save any other child/parent from going through this agony.

• Ha
    Hardworker2010 Jan 29, 2010

Please learn to spell, and work on your grammar!

sallym67 Mar 24, 2010

i agree with every complaint my daughter has been going to kinder care for a year now she has had 3 different teachers she is still in the same class room when she started they put her in the 3 year olds when she was 2 and a half because she was potty trained have spoke to the director several times still keeps telling me she will get moved soon she has had 7 incidents since she has been there 2 that were very bad!! she has ruined brand new pairs of shoes and clothes due to them being outside for numerous hours i feel like the teachers just want to get them tired so they can go to sleep also some of the teachers are much older and cannot handle 17 plus kids at one time that is to many kids for one teacher my daughter has wet herself before and she came home with someone else's clothes on when she has her own there i just don't understand...on the third day she was there i was already having problems but i note everything that goes on with her in school just in case anything comes about but i would not recomend kinder care to anyone!!!

concerns

Continous issues: Kids in the infant and toddler rooms, continously put more than 4-1 while other staff come...

mistreated

I would not at all recommend Kindercare daycare in any state... The problems are everywhere. MY kids attend...

not the best service

Hi have my child there and has been there over 4 months, the issues I have seen is they put toddlers 12-24...

care of children and staff

Absolute and utter lack of care for children and staff! I Currently work at a Portland Kindercare facility...

terrible place to send your child

MY child attended this center in the one year old room and was sent home on a weekly basis with numerou...

awful experience

Dear Cameo and others who have had bad experiences in KinderCare, My advice is this; I have been employed in the administrative field of Child Care for over 15 years, now retired, but ALL parents and employees MUST be made more aware of the 'Parents Rights and Responsibilities' according to the California Dept. of Social Services Title 22.

A good Child Care Center will encourage parents to read this handout, which is required by law at time of enrollment, encourage parental involvement, openly allow the parents to drop in and/or inspect any part of the facility when their child is enrolled in Center and during business hours. They also have the right to observe any and all activities while their child is enrolled.

Yes, as a former preschool teacher I know it can be disruptive, but a good Director should allow for the time and use the visitations as opportunities to monitor teacher/child and parent/teacher/child interactions. There are many other rights parents/employees should be made aware of. They should ask the Center for the handout, read it, and don't hesitate to be your child's advocate. Who else will be?

I have unfortunately been personally affected by the KinderCare @ 9945 Slater Ave., Fountain Valley, CA. The 'behind the scenes' Directors' decisions make a mockery out of Directorship. The Corporate policies are altered at whim. Scheduling is critical to running a good center, however, their scheduling continuously disrupts the classrooms, moving teachers, sometimes several times a day, interrupting learning, causing undue fear and anxiety when their structure is routinely changed. This is paramount and all GOOD Directors know this.

A Child needs structure and stability to feel secure. Teachers too, are disrupted, moving from one class to another at a moments' notice, trying in instantly familiarize themselves with the children and vice versa, which is very emotional and confusing for a young 1, 2, 3, or 4-5 year old. KinderCare is stripping the children of a proper days' learning and fun, as their motto says. They are cheating the parents, by taking their money, but not giving what has been promised.

The illnesses are exceedingly out of hand and again, the Directors' do not follow the policies as set forth by Corporate. Policies are only as good as the employees who enforce them. At KinderCare, they are applied incongruously to their policies. And to Title 22 Licensing Rqmnts.

Over ratio, under ratio, weakly enforced child well-check and illness policies, Directors ( I say Directors, plural, because they have managed to maintain a extreme high-turnover in employees and directors) coming and going, never encouraged nor monitored by Corporate to supervise the Directors' lack of involvement when ratios are low, very little positive feedback to employees, highly inappropriate comments made in front of subordinates in front of other co-teachers or parents. The facility looks good from the outside, but inside is another story.

It is only because of the intrinsic devotion the teachers have to the children that the teachers stay, and the low pay and bennies, which are not quite what was promised. Parents, Employees, Call the California Dept. of Social Services! Keep documentation, take notes on ratios, dates, times, names, all occurrences of concern and report, report, report.

awful company

KinderCare, just does not Care. They only Care about money that is brought in by the Care that they SAY that they provide to the children in their Care. Unfortunately, most parents believe them. I was the permanent/full-time KLA teacher for 4 centers for over 4.5 years, (totally growing the program). I resigned my position on March 30, 2008, due to unfair corporate practices directed towards me, a TEACHER.

I strongly believe that Preschool teachers NEED to have a Union to represent them. I know that I would still be working at KinderCare if one were in force that specifically targeted the needs of Preschool Teachers.

• Pa
    Pamela Thorum Mar 29, 2009

Oh, I so agree with you!!! Taking care of someone else's child is a huge responsibility!! It used to be that love was enough. Now, love counts for nothing!!! Caring counts for nothing. My goodness, you can't even call a child "sweetheart".
    I am greatful for the caregivers I had and my son had that "loved us" and won my faith and trust on that! Pam

• Az
    azwolf Jul 25, 2009

www.MyChildCareGuide.com is a national search and review website on licensed daycare and preschool providers in the United States. Be a resource for other parents in your area by stopping by and leaving a review on your provider today!

• Be
    Beware/childcare Aug 13, 2009

KLA waste of your money. You must have been needed in a classroom and asked to work in a regular classroom instead of doing your job as the KLA teacher.

• Lo
    LouLoubee Feb 07, 2010

Couldn't agree more.
    There is so little respect for what we do. It's so sad.

terrible experience!

Do not work for this company or take your child there. They will say anything to get you to bring your child...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices