Kellogg'slive, little bugs inside!

I am thoroughly disgusted as I just opened a brand new package of kellogg's raisin bran crunch cereal only to find there were live, little bugs not only in the box, but in the cereal bag as well. An unopened bag of cereal should not have anything but the cereal in it. This used to be my favorite cereal, but not if this continues. It makes you wonder what's going on at the factory. I know for a fact it didn't come from my home because I opened another brand new, unopened box of life cereal and no bugs were present and both boxes were in the same cabinet.

• La
    Larry L Schulman MD Mar 29, 2008

W found tiny red ants crawling inside the plastic bag of a newly opened box. There were no ants in the box, or in the cabinet. The ants were INSIDE THE BAG!!! WE ATE THEM!!! NEVER AGAIN ON THIS PRODUCT! BEWARE!!!

• Zo
    zoeyuwu Dec 02, 2019

@Larry L Schulman MD Why did you eat the ants?

• Bu
    Bugs and stuff Sep 13, 2009

I had the same problem with Kellog's Raisin Bran Extra they had dead small insects or bugs slightly smaller than a piece of rice... I sent Kelloggs a message through there website and still waiting for reply.

• We
    We Free Think Sep 24, 2009

Yeah, I am eating a bowl of Kellog's Raisin Bran Crunch and I just noticed that it is full of little tiny dead bugs...Something must be done about this. It's not the first time that I've experienced this. I thought that the bugs were entering the bag after we had opened it; We bought a new box and decided to put the cereal in a sealed container. that wasn't it... Still there were bugs, however I wasn't noticing the bugs until pouring milk in the bowl of cereal...

judgeandjury Sep 30, 2009

Just ate a bowl of Kellog's Raisin Bran Crunch and found a dead tiny bug on my spoon. It was a brand new bag purchased twenty minutes before eating. I will no longer eat Raisin Bran.

• As
    A.S. Montoute Oct 13, 2009

I had the same issue! It was disgusting!

• Ge
    genises1981 Dec 11, 2009

just bought a big box RBCrunch to find out there's no raisins not one drop!

• Tr
    T-roy Jul 09, 2011

Fisrt thing I do this morning is go straight to the kitchen, pour my delicious bowl of Raisin Bran Crunch and begin settling down to watch some good ol' American television when all of a sudden, I notice dead little critters floating around in my cereal! Of course this upsets me so I throw it down the drain and go to inspect the OTHER box of Raisin Bran Crunch. I pour the cereal into a bowl and what do I find? MORE BUGS (only this time they were alive)! What the hell is wrong with you Kellogg!? Don't you know in America there are HEALTH CODES!? Now I know the bugs are really nothing more than a little extra protein, but this is still the last thing I want to wake up to.
    I don't care how many scoops of raisins you throw into your cereal. As long as there are LIVE bugs in the cereal your selling, I'm not buying! I would advise anyone who reads these comments to do the same, that is, unless you enjoy scooping live animals into your mouth.

• Zo
    zoeyuwu Dec 02, 2019

@T-roy So do you not mind DEAD bugs?

Chester Gonzalez Jul 30, 2011

I am tired of thinking that I am eating raisins in my bran when instead it turns out to be insects. It happened several times and I believed that I had an infestation in my pantry. I called the exterminator and began to put my cereal in plastic containers. Lo and behold I just finished having a partial bowl of raisin bran and once more discovered insects. That is it. No more Kellogg Raisin Bran in this household. UNBELIEVABLE!!!

caliban69 Aug 13, 2012

I just found several dead ants in a freshly opened box of Frosted Mini wheats. That was my last Kelloggs cereal.

caliban69 Aug 13, 2012

Just found several dead ants in a just opened container of frosted mini wheats. THis will be my last kelloggs purchase.

Carol Fox Sep 15, 2012

I got up this morning and sat down with my bowl of Raisin Bran to watch TV. After eating almost all that I poured, I sat the bowl down. I soon got up to go clean out my bowl and looked down at little off white bugs with tiny brown stripes in them! I could no believe I ate that tanted, buggy stuff. I have cancer and just finished radiation and was just sick to my stomach. I still feel terrible. Never again will I eat that stufff.

Carol Fox
    Sandstone, MN

• Yu
    yuk! Oct 29, 2012

mine also, found a few dead bugs also! lost my business! never has enough raisins anyhow, no loss!

• Yu
    yuk! Oct 29, 2012

mine also, a few dead bugs also! lost my business! never has enough raisins anyhow, no loss!

• Aj
    ajit pathak May 19, 2013

I am thoroughly disgusted as I opened a brand new package of Kellogg's Special Crunch cereal only to find there were live, little bugs in the cereal bag as well. . Kellogg's USED to be my favorite cereal, but not if this continues. It makes you wonder what's going on at the factory.

julia browne Jun 06, 2013

Is it any wonder there are bugs/insects in cereal when they are being delivered by TNT to distributors across the country and stored outside. The property across the road from us are storing them next to the filthy black wheelie bin.

Malena Zamora Nov 03, 2013

I just opened a brand new box of raisin bran and bugs literally flew out of it. I took a glance inside the box and there are many more where that one came from dead and alive. The SEALED bag is actually full of even more disgusting dead bugs surrounded by some white webbing maybe from their decomposition or whatever that could be. I have never been more concerned about the food I eat in my life. This is a serious health safety issue.

• Jc
    J C Orange Jun 06, 2014

I have found little brown bugs in Raisin Bran cereal each time I buy a box and so I have stopped eating that brand. The earliest was in November 2012 and the latest discovery was last week (May 2014.). Evidently Kellog's has done nothing about the problem. At one point I checked the bag and found no insects and sealed it and a week later opened it only two find an infestation in it. I used to think they could come from the shelves in the kitchen but now I am sure they are in the cereal itself. J C Orange

CaptainNevener Jul 22, 2014

Same experience. Black bugs living inside the bag itself. Like nasty unevolved flat looking ants. Great job Kellogg.

• Za
    Zachariah75 Sep 28, 2014

Post raisin bran September 2014
    Opened up a box, poured it in bowl, added milk, started to notice black mini rice shaped bugs surfacing on spoon & milk! Disgusting!

• Lp
    LPNorma Jul 29, 2015

Not only FLYING BUGS but ALSO live WORMS!!!
    Also has some type of webbing in it.

• Bi
    Bill Belson Jun 20, 2016

Trying to eat healthy with my Raisin Bran no more, yesterday after consuming a big bowl I noticed a small stripped bug, I was outside enjoying the early morning cool air so I thought a bug just got in my cereal. Today I stayed indoors and after consuming most of the bowl I saw another bug, spit out what I had in my mouth and wanted to throw up but decided a little protein couldn't hurt me. Next I dumped the rest of the bag in a tray looking for more, didn't see any until I added water and one floated to the surface. Houston we have a problem. Will try Post Raisin Bran hoping it's not processed in the same factory, and it has less sugar. Sam's does not carry Post but I will gladly pay more at our local Tops. Just DISGUSTING.

• Al
    Also Disgusted Feb 05, 2017

In February 2017, I ate a bowl of Kellogg's Raisin Bran Crunch cereal. When I got to the bottom of the bowl, it noticed creepy brown bugs. I took a couple of them out and put them on a paper towel to inspect. Once they dried, they started moving! How is this not a major issue and on the front page of the news? I will NOT be buying Kellogg's products again. KELLOGGS, GET IT TOGETHER!!!

• Ol
    ollie boy Nov 02, 2018

@Also Disgusted looks like sawtooth grain beetle

• Wi
    Wilson12 Jul 08, 2017

Hello everyone,
    My raisin bran also had many flying insects. This was unopened bags. How can this still be happening? Since 2012 I've seen complaints. It's now July 2017. Don't the inspectors catch this? I am very upset with our health dept. Is Kelloggs paying them off to not fix this problem?

• Ey
    EyesUP Aug 23, 2017

Just bought Raisin Bran crunch, opened bag to pour into storage container and a big live winged bug came flying out. I can't believe it! How do I get my money returned?

• Vi
    VickyO6351 Sep 07, 2018

I'm so disgusted I just found black bugs in my Raisin Bran Crunch after I had almost finished an entire bowl I am physically sick after looking at the black spec with a microscope and sure enough it turned out to be a disgusting Bug Awhhhhhhhhhh !! I tossed it after tossing my cookies into the bowl So no picture. I'm wondering if I will get sick from a parasite infection ? I want to head to the Drs office now :O

• Ta
    Tabby Thomson Nov 17, 2018

Wow! I have read comments/complaints right back to 2009 and still Kellogs has done NOTHING about this nasty situation! Gross and shame on you! I have spread the word as this has happened to me, as well. My family will no longer be buying Kellogs anymore either! This has to stop, make sure to check all your cereal BEFORE eating!! Yuck!

• De
    Demery Charleston Feb 12, 2019

My wife opened a fresh box of Raisin Bran cereal, then she ate nearly 2/3 of the bowl to discover a jelled hair like material submerged in her milk. We love Raisin Bran but this issue need to be addressed. We'll still buy Kellogg's products in the future.

• Mi
    Michelle LMS Apr 15, 2019

Found ants in the product. A lots of ants. When i open i did not aware so the ants go to my face and body.
    Manufacturing date 1/6/2018
    Purchased at Speed mart 99 Chembong, NS on 9/4/2019.
    Please refund.
    Please let me know what else info you need.

John R English Nov 13, 2019

Two boxes of kelloggs fruit and yogurt, opened today, both teeming with tiny ants in the box and in the bag. Nasty.

• Je
    Jeffrey greenberg Nov 17, 2019

Bought a 22oz rice krispie treat from the BP gas station and it's hard and dont taste right looked for a date. But only found 11299 pma64 code on the package

Angel Marie73 Jan 15, 2020

Expiration date July 25, 2020
    KNB 111 21:02

TASTES MOLDY ! disgusting. Never buying again. 🤮

• Be
    Becklynn Feb 29, 2020

I bought a Box of Raisin Bran and there wasn't a hand full of Raisins. I love this cereal but was not pleased. I hope u have not changed the amount you put in a box. I have tried other companies and Kellogg is my favorite so please add those Raisin !!! Thanks

• Cj
    cj siewert Feb 29, 2020

my raisin bran crunch tasted soapy!

Just_uncertain Mar 07, 2020

1 inch of black hair on my pringles. Shouldn't be any

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices