Kanantik BelizeThey tell you it is all refundable. It is not

M Review updated:

When you talk to the first person they tell you there is property for sale between $50, 000 and up. They get you all buttered up then they set a time for another person to call you. This person pours on more butter and says he will put a presentation together just based on what you tell him. Then you are set up for another meeting in which you go to a web site and watch the presentation. After that you have a chance to ask questions. Then it is credit card time. This man states it is only a deposit that will hold the lot you picked out for 90 days. He tells you that your lot deposit can be canceled any time during the 90 day period with no questions asked. The deposit is $1, 000.00. So after they get your money they send you a receipt which you have to doc-u-sign stating you gave permission to collect the money. What they don't tell you this time is there is another paper that is sent with the one you signed that say if you do not come to Belize for the tour, the money is not refundable. This would be all fine and dandy but for two people to go there for the tour, you have to pay them $999.00 for the tour. This does not even include your air fair there and back. That's another $1300.00. Oh and the property starts at over $100, 000.00 per lot and up. So these people do not do as most resorts do.and pay for your tour, they sucker you in and don't tell you until after they have your money that it costs you this much. So you pay a thousand for a lot deposit another thousand for the tour plus your air fare if you are unable to make the tour you loose your thousand dollar lot deposit. Can you say scam.

• Br
    BrandiBelize Apr 06, 2015

Just want to clarify a few of the incorrect claims above. We have a wide variety of prices in the properties we sell.. This does vary though and at the time of reserving a lot, we can only offer what is currently available. We do take $1000 lot reservations that are refundable if you go down and view the property. If for any reason after viewing the property you decide it's not for you, we refund your $1000 lot reservation. It clearly states this in the doc-u-sign before you sign it. There is no other paper we send. Clients can go down and view the property however suites them best. To make things easy for our clients, we do offer a $999 tour package, which includes 4 night stay, all your meals /drinks and your puddle jumpers (which costs $350 per couple round trip). So if you break it down we are actually charging $649 for a 4 night stay all inclusive with meals/ drinks and activities. Trust me, at this price we are not making money off clients coming on tour with us. If you decide to purchase this $999 along with your $1000 lot reservation gets credited towards your purchase. True we do not pay for your flights to Belize. However, if you decide to purchase, we will also take the cost of your tickets off your purchase price. We are not a timeshare and we do not pay for people to come visit our development. Also unlike timeshare tours, we do not push the sale on you during your stay. Our package tours are simply an inexpensive way for our clients to come view and enjoy the development. Also note... you can always purchase a property without coming to view it. We just prefer that you come to see the property for yourself to make sure it is what you desire.

• Ro
    Ron5888 Jul 11, 2015

I also feel I have been scammed by Luke Chadwick, Mango Springs Development Ltd and Kanantik Belize. I also put down a deposit and was told this was refundable after a 90 day period. They did offer me the package to come and view the lot I had secured with my deposit, But unfortunately due to circumstances beyond my control, I was unable to make this trip. Subsequently my $1, 000 has never been refunded and I have never heard from this company again.

Not_Good Oct 28, 2015

Do NOT sign the two page memorandum of sale. Do NOT wire money to sittee river wildlife, eco-futures, sanctuary belize, gpa or indirectly to Kazaza.
    Your interest free "fee" or "payment" of any balance, say $70, 000, around $650 a month... you can vacation NOW and forgo the pie in the sky promises of International airstrips, general hospitals, paved roads, electric and other utilities.
    Somethings is just not right. . Your "investment" in an off shore real estate deal is funding a California "business" that is so untransparent.

• Wh
    WhywasIsogullible Apr 23, 2018

@Not_Good Stay as far away from these SCAMMERS as possible...!!! I've loss $70, 000 and I know of a lot of other people that lost even more than I did!!!

• Li
    LIndaList71 Nov 30, 2015

I went down and purchased 2 properties. The company was very good to me and even switched lots after they purchased the land adjacent to one lot knowing I wanted an edge lot.
    However! around the beginning of 2015 I stopped getting the monthly invoices but the charges are still getting taken out of my bank. I was told I could sell at any time, which I badly need to do. Guess what, no numbers for any of the companies function. All say they can't connect the call. There is no number on the bank draft. Did the company go down in flames and is still taking my money every month or what? How do I get a hold of a real person and If everything is a go why can't I find anyone who from the financial offices who would transfer title if I sell the property and provide me with development information for perspective buyers?

• Di
    DIane Marta Aug 20, 2017

@LIndaList71 I own lots there and have absolutely NO PROBLEM getting hold of them! No idea what your talking about ... in fact, they also return calls immediately next day if you call after hours! Why would you write this?? So other prospective buyers think it's a scam, which it is not??? Good job dude-

• Rv
    Rvwillis Jun 20, 2018

@DIane Marta I dont know if you could call it a true scam but...the progress is ridiculosly slow. I will not see it come to frutation in my lifetime and I am under 60. Buyers be ware! All is NOT what is projected.

• Do
    Don Mobley Feb 24, 2020

@DIane Marta Please provide the contact information you're using in order to make contact so easily. Thank you.

Don

• Po
    Polar bear Mar 13, 2016

I feel terrible for those that bought at Kanatik, please see this website, there is a lawsuit against Sanctuary Belize developer http://independentownerssanctuarybelize.com/

I would never have bought there if I knew what was really going on

• Po
    Polar bear Mar 13, 2016

Brandi Belize works for the company and has been part of Sanctuary Belize for a while now, she can fluff her posts all she wants...I agree with the other posts, we bought at Sanctuary Belize ( where the same people are involved) and totally feel like we got scammed!

• Ry
    Ryan John Wrobel Mar 28, 2016

Belize is a one of the friendliest retirement countries in the world so it tears me when I hear yet another story like this. I'm an American-trained lawyer, I manage a law firm in Belize and have heard both good and bad stories. In matters like these, it's best to get legal representation. Better safe than sorry right? In a third world country like Belize, I've learned that who you know really matters. My law firm specializes in real estate transactions and offshore banking, I also own a title company. YOU CAN buy beach front property on a piece of paradise, I've been in business for over 12 years and have helped many people do that.

Check us out at lawbelize.bz and connect with us on facebook.com/lawbelize

---
    Ryan Wrobel

• Ru
    rudedogs2 May 19, 2016

I also purchased a lot, and everything was outlined VERY clearly before any money was transferred. This is NOT a scam in any way. All money spent was taken off my lot purchase, as promised. Luke and Kanantik are completely separate from Sanctuary Belize. Although he owned a small interest in Sanctuary Belize, he no longer does and Sanctuary owns nothing in Kanantik Belize.
    This is a real developing community project. They are all cash funded, and acquiring no debt. There has been significant progress in the development, even since I bought just a short time ago. If you take the time and read the documents you signed, it is all spelled out there. And you cannot send "Hidden" documents with Doc-U-Sign, we use them all the time. Just putting in my two cents as a happy property owner and future resident. Thanks for listening.

Marcupollus Dec 30, 2018

@rudedogs2 You are so naive! Luke will be wearing orange very soon!

• Li
    LIndaList71 May 24, 2016

I posted above about not being able to contact and sell my property. I am trying to delete that complaint because I got a hold of the right folks and they treated me like gold the way I had been at the beginning. Legitimate company with a beautiful plot.

• Ka
    Kanantik Belize Jun 20, 2016

We did have $50, 000 lots when we first started selling property in the development about 1 1/2 years ago, however that is not the case as of now. We do have sales reps and they do go over a very detailed presentation. We find that this really helps our clients get a good idea of what Kanantik Belize is all about and if it makes sense for them.

• Ka
    Kanantik Belize Jun 20, 2016

Mad MM Jun 28, 2016

#1 The place is as they say, the lots are there, and if you reserve a specific lot, they hold it for you for 90 days as they want you to visit to BE SURE, would you wait or hold of selling your property for 90 days??????)
    They say a lot which is the TRUTH, they are not able to make Goverment projects or private, go quicker or on time, can only relay what they are told. This will be OUR FUTURE place, it's happening, been six times in 3 years, and also have property in Sanctuary, which an attempt by a fascist is trying to liar and ruin.

• Vf
    vf_guy Jun 30, 2016

I would never send money to "secure a lot" before visiting a place. How crazy is that? If it was presented that the trip (not including airfare) was $1, 000 and could be applied to purchase, that would be different and the right way to do it.

• Su
    Susie Que Oct 01, 2016

Does anyone know anything about Bamboo Springs?

• Da
    David Hedgcock May 09, 2017

Of course it is a SCAM. Also having trouble getting a return call for 18 months plus...much less my deposit. Chadwick? Really? Google his criminal ###!

• Ga
    gary 1710 May 14, 2017

does anyone know if "the reserve" is in any way connected to all this? the sanctuary? or Kanantik?

• Su
    Suckeredonce May 19, 2017

@gary 1710 It is the same. They just changed the name again. Run, Run Run!!!

• Di
    DIane Marta Aug 20, 2017

Sounds like a
    Bunch of COMPLETELY uninformed people
    Who
    Obviously have not done their research- I have read all
    The BS about Chadwick etc, you obviously have not read past the first article you read on him, typical ... Kanantik is going to be an incredible place to live, if you don't want to buy, then don't, but come on here and write BS I know for a fact is BS. If you can't afford $1000 for a four day vacation to Kanantik (all
    Inclusive) to go there and check it all out, then maybe you shouldn't be buying there anyway- $1000 covers everything, you have no expenses when you get there, you buy, you get it applied to property, you don't buy, you had a beautiful Belize vacation! When I bought my two lots they weren't even applying that back-
    Stop your childish, uninformed posts and move on-

Marcupollus Dec 30, 2018

@DIane Marta Oh yeah, prepare to wait a while for your wonderful resort, I heard their false promises about 6 years ago. I was there and project was supposed to be completed fast (like Sanctuary) but it sure hasn’t. Luke and his gang are in deep trouble these days.

Christopher Ashley Sep 20, 2017

I am a Kanantik lot owner (buying a lot on the 50% down, interest free 60 month contract) since June 2014. We have been to Belize and Kanantik a couple of times since then to visit. The development progress seems much slower than they originally advertised so we are concerned. There is a clause in our contract that says we can get reimbursed for our investment (less GST) if there is not a Land Use Agreement within 24 months. Does anyone know if there is a LUA?

Christopher Ashley Sep 20, 2017

I would also like to add that we used the $999, four night package at Kanantik two times and agree that it is a true bargain. Try staying is a decent resort like Kanantik in Belize for four nights with all food and drink included for $1000 or less, nd I think the puddle jumper flights from BZE were included as someone indicated previously, another several hundred dollar value. I don't recall if the funds were applied to the property we bought but I don't really care at this point.

Marcupollus Dec 30, 2018

@Christopher Ashley Sure, trip is a decent deal but don’t buy a lot!

• De
    Derek Niemitalo Nov 15, 2018

I bought my lot in Kanantik in 2015 valued at 159, 900.00 I'll sell it for 130, 000.00. Need to sell. Beautiful there and very friendly ppl. 701-651-7385

Marcupollus Dec 30, 2018

@Derek Niemitalo Sorry my friend, I’ve been in your shoes. You won’t sell that lot. Some owners at Sanctuary have been trying to sell theirs for years! Not even for half what they paid, some even offered private financing and still couldn’t sell. Good luck!

• Rh
    rhoffman Feb 22, 2019

I purchased a lot from Mango Springs Development in Kanantik Belize in July 2016 after going on the tour. They did as they promised and credited the tour fee plus my airfare to the purchase of my chosen lot. After 4 days of the tour I felt comfortable making the purchase because of their no debt development plan and the fact that they are a U.S. based company so I would have legal recourse, if needed. I signed what appeared to be a legitimate contract giving Mango 5 years to develop the amenities promised. In November 2018 they stopped deducting the monthly payment from my bank account. I soon learned that on November 8th the FTC had shut them down and started and investigation. This included freezing their bank accounts. I immediately began emailing and calling Mango Springs to try and obtain more information. No one responded until January when they sent me an invoice reflecting my "past due" lot payments. I finally received a call from a man named Daniel and when I asked him for clarification about what was going on, he was vague and not willing to divulge much at all. He was more interested in collecting my payments than telling me the truth. I asked why they were not able to use the authorized auto draft that had been in place since my first payment. He said he did not have access to that information and that the account they had been using to collect payments was frozen. He went on to say they had been given permission by the FTC to open a new bank account, with another bank and continue conducting business. Honestly I did not believe a word he said so I asked for proof in writing of his claim and he said due to privacy, that would not be possible. I told him I would not pay another penny until he could provide confirmation that Mango Springs had been cleared by the FTY of any wrong doing and that my previously paid funds were secure and my lot still belonged to me. To this day, I only receive statements reflecting my past due amount and current payment due. Today Daniel called me and wants to send me a webinar that was done for owners explaining what is going on. I have filed an inquiry with the FTC and provided my contract and all paid invoices. While I have received confirmation that the FTC received my information, I have not received further information about what is really going on with Kanantik. I can tell you that all the false statements the buyers in Sanctuary were told are exactly what the sales staff for Kanantik used to entice the purchase. I am crossing my fingers that I am not out thousands of dollars in lot payments and a dream of a wonderful retirement home in Belize. It is so sad, but I intend to fight this to the end.

Johhny Oakely Apr 25, 2019

WARNING TO ALL FUTURE AND PRESENT INVESTORS!!!

There is a case filed in California against Luke Chadwick, Mango Springs, et. al. for fraud, embezzlement among other causes of action.

Chadwick is a con artist to his core. The case is currently awaiting arbitration in California after proving to the court that Chadwick inserted a Nevada arbitration clause to deter the Plaintiffs due to their elderly age. Chadwick is an Australian citizen and had his passport seized because he threatened to flee to Australia. Chadwick likely has his assets hidden and it would be tough to recover anything from him.