John Robert Powers International Logo

John Robert Powers International

Having problems with John Robert Powers International?

John Robert Powers International Customer Service Contacts

+1 310 295 9565 (Customer Service)
+1 310 385 8025 (Other States)
+1 773 413 6400 (Chicago, Minnesota & Wisconsin)
+1 212 620 2777 (New York City)
+1 215 732 4060 (Philadelphia)
+1 858 824 0700 (San Diego)
+1 877 577 6878 (Southern California)
101 Convention Center Drive, Suite 700
Las Vegas, Nevada

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with John Robert Powers International Customer Service. Initial John Robert Powers International complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for John Robert Powers International above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about John Robert Powers International. Discuss the issues you have had with John Robert Powers International and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

John Robert Power's — JRP scammed me for $3100!

I signed my daughter up for unlimited classes until age 21 she is almost 29yrs old. I digned her eith JRP...

John Robert Powers InternationalTerrible scamming company

This "modeling school" is a terrible thing. They somehow got my number and told me they wanted to see me because I could be one of the candidates to attend the modeling school. At first they are super nice and tell you pretty much whatever you want to hear. Once I got there and saw what kinda school it was, it was terrible. It was small and pretty old. Once we told the guy who attended us that we weren't interested he was rude and pretty much told me I was going to fail at life. He also insulted my mother and called us stupid. Worst experience of my life.

John Robert PowersThis is a just a rip-off company

First of all they show you a video with a bunch of disney tv stars so that you think they put them through school. FACT: none of the disney stars actually went through their school. they are only contracted to say that they did.They are getting paidto say that they used john robert powers agency.

Secondly, they tell you that they only have a limited number of spots open and your child has been selected. FACT: they tell that to every one so you make a quick decision and feel like your child has a real opportunity.

Third, the agent tells you that all your money is refundable IN FULL. FACT: in the smallest fine print the contract they want you to sign states that all of the money is refundable EXCEPT the intial payment of 300$!! therefore your money is NOT REFUNDABLE IN FULL! like the agent states. Plus to cancel a contract with them they want you to get anotarized letter and mail it to the corporate office within three business days of signing the contract. Its easiest to just cancel your card and get a new one.

Lastly, this is a just a rip-off company that has been around for as long as it has because it knows how to get through legal loop holes. All the women who claim to be actressess are really paid off women from foreign countries. This company sells you fake information to make you feel like yourchild really has something special so they can take your money and use the legal system to their benefit doing so.

Terrible Terrible experience. The agent who helped us was named Andrea, she was of asian desent (i am not racist, simply describing her to the best of my ability for the next potential victim) her direct cell is [protected]).

John Robert Powers BaltimoreDo not get sucked in

I was hired by Michael Elbert as a vendor & after receiving compliments on my work from Inna Michelle Elbert, I was later stiffed. I know of FIVE vendors whose checks bounced within one month of my encounter so there is no hope of suing when they are busy laundering their money. They are criminals. STAY AWAY!

It does not matter what your children look like. They want all of them & they want your money. Forget about confidence building techniques...if they file Chapter 11 because they can't pay their bills then why would you risk giving them any money? Real model agencies & acting schools do not have lists of complaints like JRP. I know a model agent who was hired to see children from JRP, paid by Michael Elbert, & the agent only hires adults. Just a way to pretend to keep people happy & feel like you are getting somewhere. It's a scam from start to finish.

It is hard to even categorize these people as human. Charming on the outside, but very nasty, greedy, & absolutely dispicable on the inside. It actually doesn't take much to get Michael Elbert to show his aggressive side. Michael & Inna are ACTING when they shower you & your children with praise.

John Robert Powers — First Class Scam Artist

I was told that my daughter needed head shots taken for the BIG talent show after the 5 classes of training...

John Robert PowersSaddened

I went online to read about an audition for kids today out in seattle at a macys. i dont even know if i am reading about the same company that my husband took our daughter to. all i know is i hope they didnt wait forever to be discouraged. just by reading comments like these pro or con. you all saddened me. this was for experience & fun. i dont need my 6 yr old to have her dreams taken by critics like you. we dont have 5000 or even 1000 to put to an agent. we just wanted a chance.

John Robert PowersScam and rip off

I took my daughter to John Robert Powers for a trial, but did not proceed with it. My mother wrote a check for almost $2000 dollars and I signed the

contract with the knowledge that I can cancel within the 3 days. I cancelled the next day. They had already cashed the check. I was taken to

collections and it is now on my credit report against me.

John Robert Powers is a rip off and a scam. I can't get a hold of anyone

to get this taken off of my credit. I don't know who to contact to resolve it.

John Robert Powers — Think about your child not the money

Our daughter attends JRP classes in Omaha, NE. She's 12, and 5 feet 5 inches. Well, she just finished...

John Robert Power — rip off

Be very aware!!! Our son started in august we signed a contract in june and payed the school the amount of...

John Robert PowersTotal scam

If you are thinking about wasting your time by going to an "audition" at JRP in Baltimore, beware you will not only waste your time but more importantly your money and your child's hopes and dreams. I took my daughter to one of these auditions on [protected] and at first I was all excited, the presentation was very uplifting and positive and I was ready to sell my soul so thatmy daughter could attend this wonderful program. Thank god i did my research and looking online at other reviews. hindsight is always 20/20 and boy am I glad I looked back. This company only wants your money nothing else. When we told the person we could not afford the 3, 000.00 for the program he became rude and said that our daughter did not make the cut anyway. PLease please stay away from this company!!

EACHONE Aug 08, 2010

WOW ANOTHER STUPID PERSON! FIRST OF ALL, BEFORE YOU WENT INTO THE INTERVIEW, YOU SHOULD HAVE DONE YOUR RESEARCH. YOU ALSO SHOULD HAVE KNOWN THAT JOHN ROBERT POWERS IS A SCHOOL. WHAT YOU ARE NOT TELLING THE PEOPLE READING YOUR POST IS THAT THERE ARE PAYMENT PLANS IF YOU CAN NOT PAY THAT AMOUNT. DO NOT BE PISSED THAT EITHER YOU DID NOT HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO PAY OR THAT YOU DID NOT GET ACCEPTED. ALSO THE $3000 THAT YOU ARE TELLING PEOPLE IS A SPECIFIC PLAN THAT WAS GIVEN TO YOU, THERE ARE CHEAPER PLANS AND YOU KNOW IT. STOP [censor]TING PEOPLE.

John Robert PowersAvoid like the plague

We signed a contract 18 months ago with JRP in Phoenix. We changed our minds within 24 hrs of the contract and wrote and handed in our intention to withdraw from the contract. It stated inthe contract that if we withdrew in 24hrs we would have a full refund. Despite many phome calls and a promise for refund theynever have and we are still owed $3, 250. Now they no longer take calls from us. What can we do to get our money back??? They are a really awful company and I strongly advise anyone to avoid them like the plague!

John Robert PowersScam

I had relations with JRP in Baltimore for over a year. Their use of inspirational talks and encouragement is all a way to shield what they REALLY care about---your money.

Do they bring in agents and managers? Yes. However I NEVER saw any jobs, money, or even real opportunities come from it. The auditions are just to get you in front of people and learn the "auditioning techniques" which are basically saying a :15 second commercial and walking out.

The classes are a joke, there is no curriculum or consistency. They allow the coaches to make up the classes as they go along, and if you are driving a long distance.. be prepared for frustration as their is no communication between the directors, coaches, and students about class cancellations.

The photography gets even worse, their idea of preparing you is telling you to bring in a bunch of clothes and then they pick them out 30 minutes before your supposed to shoot. So if something doesnt work out, OH WELL! You just paid $1500 for photos you dont like.

All in all, the program can build confidence and image development for kids. If thats all your concerned about, then great. Go ahead and pay for the classes. But if you expect to get anything else out of your money, your in for a rude awakening.

EACHONE Aug 08, 2010

All of you people that think that John Robert Powers is a scam are either dumb or STUPID. As said, in the introduction that you listen to when you are brought in for an interview (and it is AN INTERVIEW), you are told that John Robert Powers is A SCHOOL! SCHOOL IS NOT FREE! If you did not go on the internet and check it out or if you did not ask what John Robert Powers is to a friend etc... before you went, you are STUPID. ALSO NOT EVERYONE THAT IS INTERVIEWED IS ALLOWED INTO THE SCHOOL.

There are so many people that do not know what the heck they are talking about on the internet about John Robert Powers. ALSO, NOT ALL OF THE SCHOOLS ARE THE SAME, THEY ARE EACH INDIVIDUALLY OWNED AND EACH ARE RUN DIFFERENTLY! STOP CATEGORIZING EACH AND EVERY SCHOOL UNDER ONE UMBRELLA.

ALSO THE STUPID PEOPLE THAT SAY YOU CAN GET INTO THE ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY WITHOUT GOING TO A SCHOOL OR CLASSES OF SOME SORT ARE FLOATING ON A FREAKING CLOUD. CLASSES, LIKE COLLEGE, PREPARES YOU FOR THE REAL WORLD. THEY GIVE YOU A BETTER SHOT AT THE ROLE THAN THE ONES WITH NO CLASSES.

IT IS A 1 IN A MILLION SHOT THAT YOU WILL ACTUALLY BE IN A MOVIE ETC... IT IS ALSO NOT EASY TO GET INTO THE INDUSTRY PERIOD AND THE PEOPLE THAT SAY SO ARE LYING! I HAVE BEEN IN THE ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY FOR MORE THAN 10 YRS WITH EXTEMELY GOOD SUCCESS IN VARIOUS ASPECTS AND IT IS NOT EASY PERIOD!

SO LETS RECAP FOR THE SLOW PEOPLE, JOHN ROBERT POWERS IS A SCHOOL AND SCHOOL COSTS MONEY AND IS NOT FREE!!! DEPENDING ON THE LOCATION, THEY BRING SCOUTS DOWN FROM VARIOUS AGENCIES AROUND THE WORLD TO SCOUT OUT TALENT. IF YOUR DAUGHTER OR SON OR YOURSELF IS NOT PICKED IT IS BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT RIGHT FOR THAT PERSON OR COMPANY AT THE TIME! EACH COMPANY LOOKS FOR CERTAIN THINGS. TRY AGAIN NEXT TIME.

PEOPLE NEED TO LISTEN AND LEARN FOR ONCE ABOUT EVERYTHING IN THEIR LIFE AND STOP BASHING THINGS YOU ACTUALLY DO NOT KNOW ABOUT. GROW UP!

• Gi
                    gigglelicious May 26, 2010

well i dont know yet im in the classes right now and im scared because im just gonna be paying for nothing and im the one working my butt offf i hope is not a scam because i really want to go far and they seem nice...I tink the thing is that you have to try your best so some agent will accept you the thing that matters is yourself..

• Or
                    Orangecrest Jan 06, 2010

Ha Ha Ha!!! And they write horrible notes trying to pose as a consumer. Don't pay for photos. They are preying on you and your dreams. My son has done commercials with a simple snap shot from me and an audition. Log onto sag.org, or any other legit site to see what is norm. RJP and others are desperate to suck you dry in this economy because their victims are drying up.

My wife called a posting that didn't mention they were from RJP and when she responded, the phone was ringing off the hook within 5-mins. When my wife asked about the photo shoot, $450 is what she was quoted. By this time we are just playing with them. My wife asked for them to fax over the contract (Which was blank and had cut and pasted company names all over it!! LOL!! There isn't a big enough Red Flag to be raised) saying it was non-refundable and there was a $100 reschedule fee. To top it off, photo prints are not included in the package. Ahhh... "Photo Shoot" without photos?

Scam Scam Scam... They ask for fees of any sort, it is a scam! Don't give your credit card information to anyone.

• Ac
                    Actorman Dec 11, 2009

I also went through JRP in Maryland and loved it. The instructors were amazing and I learned a lot. It took me 4 months but I did get an agent and have now been in 3 commercials. I have made way more money than I put in.

You said yourself they brought in agents and managers. It is unfortunate you were not chosen by any of them. Sounds to me like it was not John Robert Powers but in fact, YOU. If you were given classes and the agent opportunities how did John Robert Powers go wrong?

I loved John Robert Powers and everything it is about. I'm sorry you had a bad experience but that does not make them a bad place to go.

John Robert PowersBad business practice

(Short and to the Point) Man these guys "SUCK". If I were you, I would read these reviews. There are more negative reviews then positive.

I am fighting to get money back that was taken from my Credit Card without my Authorization. One would say this is Border line THEFT Johnny !!!

But anywho this is specifically for the John Robert Powers of Baltimore Maryland. And last there Director. Well she has very poor professional skills. I mean I can go on for days but I wont. DONT DO IT. Its a waste of your money and more importantly, Time.

Again Look into these complaints. I believe they are more legit then the positive ones oh wait there aint that many.

EACHONE Aug 08, 2010

TAKEN FROM YOUR CREDIT CARD WITHOUT YOUR AUTHORIZATION? YOU ARE A LYING SACK OF CRAP. YOU GAVE THEM YOUR NUMBER BECAUSE YOU OR YOUR CHILD OR LOVED ONE SIGNED UP FOR CLASSES. DON'T BE PISSED BECAUSE YOU DID NOT HAVE FUN OR SUCCEED IN THEM. YOU SIGN A CONTRACT WHEN YOU SIGNED UP (IF YOU DID NOT HAVE A LAWYER LOOK AT IT AND IF YOU DIDNT READ IT, YOU ARE EVEN STUPIDER THAN I THINK). STOP LYING AND COME TO THE REALIZATION THAT YOU ARE JUST PLAIN STUPID.

John Robert Powers Scottsdale — Scammed us out of Photos

John Robert Powers Scottsdale scammed my husband and I out of 2000 dollars for classes for our daughter and...

john robert powers/acting and modeling school — it's a big scam

First they lie and tell you that all these huge celebrity's have gone there which is completely...

John Robert Powers-Portland — Rip Off

All the company wants is more money and they don't follow the contracts that are signed. I have paid...

John Robert Powers — Scammed

I was approached by a representative for JRP and went to an introductory class. They seemed like a legit...