JM&A Group Total Loss Protection InsuranceNot Paying Claims Fairly or in A Timely Manner

I worked at a Car Dealership and bought a car for my daughter. JM&A Group is the Gap Insurance company the dealership generally uses, so I paid for the protection. 3 months after I bought her the car, she was in an accident and there was enough costly damage that the Auto Insurance company totaled it. I was paid by them very quickly, but had to gather 29 pages of information to fax to JM&A Group to get the GAP claim started. It did not take too long after I faxed the information for them to settle the claim and send the money to my bank. Unfortunately they only paid $457 of the nearly $1, 500 I still owed. When I looked over what they sent me, considering how much information I had to send them, there was rather little by way of explaining how they came to their number. I was very confused as I paid extra to get the insurance that also pays my deductible ($500). Since the claim paid was under even this amount I called to inquire. I was told after a lengthy hold that the deductible WAS figured in and that if it hadn't been they would have only paid $26. When I requested an explanation I was told that I had to send in a written dispute and a Claims Specialist would call me and go over the payout line by line. I wrote the dispute letter and by my own calculations and JM&A Groups own contract and definitions came up with a figure of just over $900 that I was still owed. I mailed the dispute in the middle of January and gave them until the 3rd to call me. When I got no response I called them. I was told that the dispute was forwarded to the Legal Dept. on the 30th of January and they would look it over and get back to me. I inquired as to a phone number or email that I could contact the Legal Dept. myself at and was told they did not have one. I called every Monday after that until I was profoundly frustrated on the 18th of February when I finally asked to be forwarded to a manager. I was told yet again, as I had been every week previous, that there was no way to contact the Legal Dept. and that the Manager, Nicki would tell me the same. I asked to be forwarded anyway where I got no answer but left a message explaining my situation and the run-around that I had been getting. Within hours I received a call from a woman name Michelle who said that she was from the Legal Dept. at JM&A Group and she had a response letter ready for their lawyer to look over and approve and it would be sent out later that day or the next. After waiting over a week, again, I placed ANOTHER call to them on the 27th where I had to AGAIN explain my situation to another person. She told me it was over her head and she would try to talk to Nicki and find out who called and when the response was sent. After being on hold for at least 5 minutes she came back on the line to tell me that Nicki was not answering her phone so she spoke with her Supervisor (whose name I did not get) and he advised her to get my phone number to and he would make sure he personally took it to Legal and would tell them to please get back to me by phone that day. It is now the 1st of March and I have yet to receive either a call or a letter. I would NEVER recommend this company to anyone looking for GAP insurance as it appears they try to wiggle out of their stated and contractual obligations. The only step I see that I have left is to involve my lawyer, which I really didn't want to do for under $1, 000, but at this point its more about the principal and them needing to know that they cannot get away with not standing up to their obligations.